Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Ji Chang-wook wanted to ‘shoot to fame’

Updated : March 02 2015

Actor Ji Chang-wook felt empty after “Healer” ended, he said in an interview with a local media outlet. The 27-year-old actor played Seo Jung-hoo, a mysterious errand guy, in the KBS drama, which went off the air in February.

(OSEN)

“Through the soap, I realized how gratifying it is to gain trust from people. It was a very meaningful work for my life and a valuable time for me,” Ji said.

He added, “I was relieved when viewers seemed to find Jung-hoo interesting because I was worried at first whether they would like my character, who has diverse identities.”

Though he made his name in the entertainment scene through the drama, it has been eight years since his debut in 2008.

“(At first) I wanted to shoot to fame,” he said, laughing. “Now, I think this is my life and my destiny. It is good to gain a lot of experience and to learn from good seniors.”

“As a rough stone becomes worn smooth by the constant flow of water, I want to go through different experiences. Someday, I may become a polished stone,” the actor said.

He is now looking forward to starring in the musical “The Days,” which kicks off on March 13.

“Both dramas and musicals are what I aspired to do since I was little. I can’t get rid of any of them.”

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

link: http://www.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201503021620123122595_2

There have been some news swirling on Baidu today that JCW is going to star in a web drama produce by one of China's main streaming portal iqiyi.com.
Since Healer there have been rumours of projects being offered to JCW but this one seems credible because the director is a Korean who seems to be able to know Chinese and have done a project in China. His name is Han Seung Hwan and after graduating from Handong media and stage faculty, he further his studies in Beijing majoring in directing. So his CV indicate that he knows the Chinese language.
The title for now is Good Evening, teacher. The Chinese female lead is confirmed but is a relative newcomer. -------------------It seems that the online streaming sites in China are now embarking on joint productions with Koreans because of a new policy that took effect this year. Previously the sites can buy an unlimited number of foreign shows but since this year, foreign content is limited to only 30%. Hence all of a sudden, Korean dramas find demand in China dropped. I think the sites are trying to get around the policy by doing joint productions otherwise their portal content will suddenly dropped alot.
--------------------Most Chinese fans are against him doing a Chinese project because even they themselves think the quality of Chinese production cannot match Korean standards. 
However if he really takes it up, I can understand why he do so. He is hardworking and likes to be always working,  the said production is supposed to start filming in April where he currently doesnt have other filming. I think the earliest he can do a korean drama is later half of the year since most dramas in the first half have secured their casting. Also he is due for enlistment by next year, so he probably want to squeeze in as much as he can do before going.
Personally I dont think Chinese productions are all that bad, one thing they have an edge over Korean productions is that the scripts are fully written and the filming is completed before broadcast. So the schedule is planned properly and actors gets enough time to memorise their stuff and also to sleep.
But nothing is confirmed yet, so we will see.

Regarding the above piece of news...There is an unofficial "clamp-down" on this piece of news in korea at the moment and I've been instructed not to  talk about it. Just want to say that it is still considered unconfirmed since there is no word from Glorious. Reaction is generally not good.
Will find out tomorrow if it's true or not.

Guest wookiepocket

Hi guys!

I was never motivated to make a soompi account before, but after reading this thread
I just have to express my gratitude and say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to this thread since it's existence

This thread is a heaven for a relatively new fan like me who is hungry to know more about this wonderful talent
There are a lot of catching up to do and you guys make backtracking 200 pages of this thread a joy to do!

I have watched some of his dramas like Smile Dong Hae, Warrior Baek Dong Soo, Empress Ki before.
I only see him as a real character in that drama, not an actor acting out a character.
kind of like Gary Oldman ( I know JCW still has a loooong way to go!) in every movie he's in.
he has fully become the character that i don't care to know about the actor behind it. That's a real talent there.

Thanks to newly found free time, and the internet being crazy about him. I got to read some of his recent interview and was amazed by his intelligent, honest and mature comments.

I am looking forward to his next acting projects, and expect him to blow me away with his way of portraying a character.

^^

@kanyaprasetyo‌

"Confession" is it that ultra short film whereby the JCW character stabbed his grandpa for money and the grandma strangled the dying grandpa and called police saying that she killed the old man?

I don't know when that was shot but I caught that on YouTube and although JCW only said 1-2 phrase (curse words anyway) the evilness from him is damn chilling. I will stay miles away from that man!

Re: queer project.

I think as actors they like to challenge themselves. Gay, psychopath or even mentally challenged they will want to try. Can't always be good guy or rich guy. The range is just too narrow.

I'm really keen to see him in various roles. But I think queer projects better leave them till after he returns from his military service. ;)

class="content-title"Man Crush Monday: Ji Chang Wook’s Seo Jung Hoo in “Healer”

Man Crush Monday: Ji Chang Wook’s Seo Jung Hoo in “Healer”

Seo Jung Hoo. Park Bong Soo. Healer. Whichever name he decides to use, Ji Chang Wook‘s character in “Healer” has completely captured my heart. Completely. I used to laugh at how cute Soompiers were by always telling me my man crush of the week is “more than just a Monday crush. He’s my everyday crush!” But now, I know. Now, I understand. And I just want to say that I hear you, Soompiers!

It might be strange that after more than a decade of dramas, my most perfect man turns out to be such a recent one – as in three weeks ago recent – but if you knew Seo Jung Hoo, then you’d understand. Wouldn’t you? Of course, I didn’t say that he’s perfect because he’s truly without flaws. After all, where’s the fun in that? I say that because his flaws are part of what makes him beautiful and head over heels crush worthy.

There is so much I can say in praise for “Healer” and Seo Jung Hoo, but I’ll settle for simply stating that “Healer” has dramatically raised the bar for all future dramas and I fully expect to wait another decade or so before seeing one that will come as close to my definition of perfection as this drama. But instead of simply taking my word for it, we should let Seo Jung Hoo speak for himself. If you haven’t fallen for his charms, then you will after this! (Spoilers ahead.)

1. He’s hilarious.

photo MCM_Seo Jung Hoo_Hilarious_zpshi4lh4lu.gif

Unintentionally so, which is the best type of hilarious to be. I guess we can’t really blame him since he’s never been a people person… until Chae Young Shin, that is. Running away in sheer terror from a hoard of women who only wants to dress him up for an undercover mission, attempting to peel potatoes with an alien object that confuses him (It’s called a peeler, Jung Hoo! And it’s a wonderful invention!), and peeling the outer layers of an onion like he’s actually carving into an apple are just some of his funny antics. Oh, let’s not forget that prankster Young Shin tricks him into touching his eyes with fingers full of onion juice. LOL.

His facial expressions during those precious moments can make anyone fall over laughing, but none are as knee slapping as his shocked and startled faces. The Healer fans call it his “WTF face.” Here’s just one example of many:
photo tumblr_nhq9rpgimU1ql66nmo1_500_zpsqkt779mm.gif

2. Seo Jung Hoo is simplistic.

photo MCM_Seo Jung Hoo_Simplistic_zpsjqlkhu7r.gif

All he wants is a deserted island! How much more simple can he get? Okay, okay. That’s actually pretty complicated, but Seo Jung Hoo had already acquired 64% of the funds he needed to buy his own island. Pretty ambitious and hardworking, eh? He doesn’t really enjoy his job as a night courier; it just pays well and helps him build his ultimate goal of kicking back and relaxing all by his lonesome, surrounded by sand and waves.

When he meets Chae Young Shin though, Seo Jung Hoo’s dream becomes even more simple – to live a normal life. He wants to be like other everyday people. Settle down. Get married. Have children. Hold a normal job. Spend his days with the love of his life. Be happy. This time, truly, how much more simple can he get? He’s not picky at all about the material items and he only needs Young Shin by his side. That’s all he needs to feel fully and completely content.

A nice bonus would be Jo Min Ja, lovingly referred to as “ahjumma,” and Kim Moon Ho‘s presence and friendship. Together, the four creates a perfect team – their own little Healer family.

3. He’s the perfect blend of Seo Jung Hoo, Park Bong Soo, and Healer.

photo MCM_Seo Jung Hoo_Teamwork_zpso4rpw3b6.gif

Although he’s stuttering Park Bong Soo by day and fierce Healer by night, Seo Jung Hoo isn’t always putting on an act. He possesses qualities from all three of his identities, molding him into one gorgeous male. Gorgeous inside and out, that is. He has the vulnerabilities and loneliness of Seo Jung Hoo, the confidence and intelligence of Healer, and the awkward innocence of Park Bong Soo. There is absolutely no way to pinpoint which traits are his best or which part of him is my most favorite because all of his qualities mesh together so well. He wouldn’t be who he is if any aspect of him changes and I can say with 100% certainty that I’m glad he was consistent and developed from beginning to end.

P.S. Seo Jung Hoo didn’t even need to consider anger management classes like so many other male leads! He’s not nasty, foul-tempered, or short fused just because he could be. Ever. Wow, daebak (awesome)!

4. Seo Jung Hoo doesn’t suffer the Noble Idiocy Disease. 

photo tumblr_nh8abanuiD1ql66nmo1_500_zps5fntkati.gif

But then, neither does Chae Young Shin! Which makes the two of them a perfect, perfect match.

There has been misunderstandings and consideration for each others’ well being. There has been doubt and the uncertainty on whether to trust or distrust each other. There has been a lingering fear that they’ll only bring each other harm. But never, never, never did Seo Jung Hoo and Chae Young Shin allow that to deter their relationship in any way. Instead, they take time apart from each other to carefully consider the situation then they talk to each other about it. Open, honest, emotionally raw conversations.

Hey, who knew such a thing existed in Dramaland! And who knew problems could actually get solved this way! Leave it to two young people entering their first relationship to show the world how it’s done! It’s no wonder I totally love this OTP.

5. Seo Jung Hoo has smooth moves.

photo tumblr_nhybixfVKi1ql66nmo6_500_zpsctvh5plz.gif

Scaling the walls. Jumping from rooftop to rooftop. Crashing through windows in the blink of an eye. Taking on a dozen men all by himself. Surprise visiting his girlfriend by using her window as an entryway. Fighting through the effects of sedatives like a real champion. Seo Jung Hoo totally sizzles whenever he leaps into action, especially since he’s so polite about it at the same time. I couldn’t help but chuckle when he apologized to the mother and child he startled when he cut across their living room for a shorter route to his destination or when he thanks President Hwang after giving him a much deserved beating and breaking into his safe for an external hard drive.

I’ve never been a big fan of baseball caps and all black ensembles, but on Seo Jung Hoo, it’s undeniably swoon worthy and even Park Bong Soo’s adorably clean and neat outfits are no comparison.

Bonus

Intense stares. Boyish grins. Charm and charisma. Odd terms of endearment.
High up places. First snowfall. Small hands. White bedding. Hair.
The sound of camera shutters. Large hands. Smiling eyes. Big embraces.

photo tumblr_nhybixfVKi1ql66nmo7_500_zpsx3ge3vad.gif

Things I don’t like? Everything that keeps me away from the very things I like.

What about you, Soompiers? What are the things you like and don’t like about Seo Jung Hoo?

credit : soompi news

I miss JCW ssiii!!! It's been 6 days..he is now missing in action (like Healer) ...and he knew we miss him...and he purposely making us miss him?? wtf am i talking? aahhh It must be because of the Healer injection that i have taken this morning... (:|

Since JCW's popularity is soaring in China now, so I think it's a good time for him to have a project there. There are many famous Korean actors and actresses working in China such as Bi (Rain), Kim Tae Hee, Song Hye Kyo, Joo Won, Lee Min Ho, Jang Nara, Chae Rim, etc..., so as long as the production is good, I think it will be fine. 
There is an article in Chinese: http://kr.hujiang.com/new/p722231/I don't really understand, but it looks like JCW is 2nd rank behind Kim Soo Huyn for popularity search on Baidu. 

Embedded image permalink

;;)

Guest dxrpxs_

CherKell said: qwenli said: latest news: jcw will be attending an event in Hongkong on March 5th. its for a certain retail brand which is not specified yet. so we will be seeing him soon again!

When i read that rumor on weibo, i was so disappointed. I'm not really fond of the idea of him doing a Chinese drama, but when I think about it, it's actually not that bad. It's a 24 ep web drama with 20 mins per episode so it will only take him month at most to film it. Japanese actor Yuki Furukawa also did a web drama with Aiqiyi last year and it was well-loved. JCW can't stay idle for too long so it can be an opportunity for him (even thought it's not a very good one) to taste the waters filming in China in between his musical perfs. And as @qwenli mentioned, the later part of this year seems fully booked with all the big names returning to small screen, and I haven't seen any promising drama plans so far. Guess we have to wait until october or november. Still I'm praying for Chang-wook to be in a big movie project or a sold out musical.

***JCW looks nice here :)>-

For Your Viewing Pleasure: After Dark

Welcome back to For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take the time out of the week to share some of the most recent fashion-forward photos tied to the K-pop landscape.

The dark has a funny way of distorting images, whether by casting shadows, distorting bright light, or amping up contrast through flash in photographs. For the idols, actors, and models who stay up all night, the world takes on a darker dimension; do they become nightmares or nice dreams?

(skipped unrelated.....)

Ji Chang-wook | InStyle

20150302_seoulbeats_ji chang wook

source : seoulbeats

Guest Leylalinn

So quite here. Jcw...also quite. Where ishe? Busy or what, angry,or what???

Aigooooo....makes me insane. No news from him.

[-(

Hi everyone! I just got this news.It's confirm that Ji Chang Wook will star in a Chinese web drama title "Goodnight Teacher".The story is about a teacher-student romance. His female lead turns out to be a 17year old Chinese actress name Guan Xiao Tong. This drama will have 24episodes with 20minutes duration per episodes. This drama starts filming next month and airing exclusively on Chinese portal "iQiyi"this summer.

Credit : @jinergizer Instagram

It's a good thing for him to work in a Chinese drama..i believe he accept the offer is not because of the pay but its for sure because he loves acting & wanted to try different character...by entering a chinese entertainment is a good start for him..

I personally dont like watching China mainland dramas coz its quite boring..i prefer taiwanese dramas..lol..but china market is so big and i guess its a good step for JCW there...

i wish he will do at least one more kdrama before he go to military or else fans will be very dissapointed.. [-O<

Guest soled

ji chang wook!!! so handsome and talented...among the kpop actor, he's now my favorite, since way back, i already noticed him in smile donghae, then i stopped watching kdramas,busy working, and now resume watching again kdramas,Empress Ki,one of the best and of course Healer, his charisma shone out there...please, do again more good dramas, to continue captures the heart of the viewer, especially your fans, like me..you're now very popular, you deserve it...stay humble! God Bless...

@mrsyooknit‌

its not confirmed by Glorious and when I look at the info on Baidu, the project is asking for funding.

its a chicken n egg thing: secure a star and get funding or secure investors and confirm a star.

my guess is that jcw is considering it favourably but the details are not firm up.