Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

12 hours ago, agenth said:

I think Lovestruck in the City would be a good match. It has beautiful soundtrack and cinematography - though more of a realistic touch. 

And Healer is always a crowd favourite: it remains popular, despite the years that have passed. i'd say it holds up well against today's kdramas. 

Thanks a lot, will try this 2 dramas first))). 

• Love 1

On 9/18/2023 at 4:21 AM, agenth said:

YES!!!

How about The Worst of Evil, which is upcoming on Sept 27? Did you see the trailer, is it something for you?

Promises to be a good drama !

How about his next project? Only a week to go! 

I think Lovestruck in the City would be a good match. It has beautiful soundtrack and cinematography - though more of a realistic touch. 

And Healer is always a crowd favourite: it remains popular, despite the years that have passed. i'd say it holds up well against today's kdramas. 

@agenth  I very much agree with you about this drama - it's cinematographically beautiful. When it aired on Netflix some years ago, it quickly became one of the streaming platforms' top shows. Yes, it's realistic because the series depicts the real love stories of young people who live fiercely in a complex city. This is a quite refreshing series, quite similar to American sitcoms and something different in Korean series. At first, there are some points on which I was  confused about the plot but in the end, everything comes together and build the plot.   :blush:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ji Chang Wook, Wi Ha Joon, And Im Se Mi Are Entangled With Each Other In Posters For Upcoming Drama “The Worst Of Evil”

Ji Chang Wook, Wi Ha Joon, And Im Se Mi Are Entangled With Each Other In Posters For Upcoming Drama “The Worst Of Evil”

Upcoming drama “The Worst of Evil” has unveiled brand-new posters of Ji Chang Wook, Wi Ha Joon, and Im Se Mi!

Set in the 1990s, “The Worst of Evil” is a crime-action drama about an investigation launched to take down a major cartel based in Gangnam that is responsible for illegal drug trade between Korea, Japan, and China.

Ji Chang Wook will star in the upcoming series as Park Joon Mo, a detective who undertakes the dangerous mission of going undercover to infiltrate the Gangnam Alliance and earn the trust of mob boss Jung Ki Chul (Wi Ha Joon). Jung Ki Chul, the ruthless leader of the Gangnam Alliance, will stop at nothing to achieve success. Their paths collide on the frontlines of a high-stakes operation, setting the stage for a heated showdown.

Im Se Mi plays the role of Yoo Eui Jung, an elite narcotics officer who is both Park Joon Mo’s wife and Jung Ki Chul’s first love.

The first poster captures Ji Chang Wook as Park Joon Mo, an undercover cop who throws himself at the forefront of an operation to break up the Korea-China-Japan drug deal. His rough appearance and the words on the poster reading, “I will definitely make this operation a success,” heighten viewers’ anticipation for Ji Chang Wook’s performance as Park Joon Mo.

ji-chang-wook.jpg

Captured facing a different direction from Joon Mo, Wi Ha Joon exudes a powerful aura as Gangnam Alliance boss Jung Ki Chul. Wi Ha Joon will skillfully portray the charismatic mob boss who leads an organization at the center of Asia’s largest drug deal as well as the process of gradually going from being suspicious of Joon Mo, who is disguised as a cousin of his best friend Tae Ho, to trusting him. The words on the poster reading, “Shouldn’t I trust you?” piques viewers’ curiosity about the complex relationship between Joon Mo and Ki Chul.

Spoiler

wi-ha-joon.jpg

The last poster depicts Yoo Eui Jung, who adds tension to the drama with the special bond she shares with both Joon Mo and Chul Ki. The phrase on the poster reading, “You have to trust me,” has viewers wondering whom she is referring to. The complex relationship between Joon Mo, Ki Chul, and Eui Jung is what sets “The Worst of Evil” apart from other crime action dramas.

Spoiler

im-se-mi.jpg

“The Worst of Evil” will premiere on September 27.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1614588wpp/ji-chang-wook-wi-ha-joon-and-im-se-mi-are-entangled-with-each-other-in-posters-for-upcoming-drama-the-worst-of-evil

Spoiler

Ji Chang Wook And Wi Ha Joon Talk About Their New Drama “The Worst Of Evil”

Ji Chang Wook And Wi Ha Joon Talk About Their New Drama “The Worst Of Evil”

In a recent interview and pictorial for Elle magazine, Ji Chang Wook and Wi Ha Joon dished on their upcoming drama “The Worst of Evil”!

Set in the 1990s, “The Worst of Evil” is a new crime-action drama about an investigation launched to take down a major cartel based in Gangnam that is responsible for illegal drug trade between Korea, Japan, and China.

Ji Chang Wook will star as Kang Joon Mo, a detective who undertakes the dangerous mission of going undercover to infiltrate the Gangnam Alliance and earn the trust of mob boss Jung Ki Chul. Wi Ha Joon will play Jung Ki Chul, the ruthless leader of the Gangnam Alliance, who clawed his way to the top of the mob after a painful childhood.

In his post-shoot interview, Ji Chang Wook remarked, “The premise of an undercover investigation might seem commonplace. But as soon as I read the script for ‘The Worst of Evil,’ I felt that the drama definitely had its own unique color. I was confident that it would be a very new and different kind of crime-action drama, with a much younger vibe [than past dramas in the same genre].”

Wi-Ha-Joon-Ji-Chang-Wook-2.jpg

When asked whose trust he hoped to earn in real life, Ji Chang Wook replied, “The trust of the director and the staff on set. Since this work is created by people working together, I’m always trying to instill trust and convey inspiration.”

As for his experience working with Wi Ha Joon, Ji Chang Wook shared, “My teamwork with Ha Joon was really great. There are differences in our acting styles, but we created chemistry between our two characters, who are placed in a very risky and precarious relationship within the story. You can safely look forward to it.”

Wi Ha Joon also spoke highly of Ji Chang Wook, commenting, “Seeing [Ji Chang Wook]’s passion and attitude towards the drama, I could clearly see how he was able to make it to where he is now as an actor. He’s always cheerful and mischievous on set, but at the same time, he takes great care of everyone. Even on a personal level, he had a positive influence on me.”

Ji-Chang-Wook-Wi-Ha-Joon.jpgJi-Chang-Wook-1.jpg

When asked if there were any similarities between his real-life personality and that of his character, Wi Ha Joon responded, “We don’t easily reveal our feelings, and we have a strong sense of responsibility towards our people.”

As for how he determines whether someone is on his side in real life, Wi Ha Joon shared, “This isn’t a rule, but something that the people who always stay by your side seem to have in common is that they raise your worth and respect you. I’m also the type of person who likes and trusts people who aren’t afraid to tell me the bitter truth.”

Spoiler

Wi-Ha-Joon-1.jpgWi-Ha-Joon-Ji-Chang-Wook-3.jpg

Ji Chang Wook and Wi Ha Joon’s full interview and pictorial can be found in the October issue of Elle Korea magazine.

Meanwhile, “The Worst of Evil” will premiere on September 27. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1615801wpp/ji-chang-wook-and-wi-ha-joon-talk-about-their-new-drama-the-worst-of-evil