Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Yay! He has 16 millions followers on his Instagram. I can’t wait to watch his new movie in July, and also his new drama on Netflix too. 

It’s been a long time since my last visit on this Soompi forum. Anyone knows why the thread of his previous drama Backstreet Rookie has disappeared? We don’t know if he will come back as the main lead for season 2, but Taewon Entertainment website has officially updated that “Backstreet Rookie 2” is on their lineup of new dramas. 
http://www.taewon.com/160 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tuvi Girl said:

Yay! He has 16 millions followers on his Instagram. I can’t wait to watch his new movie in July, and also his new drama on Netflix too. 

It’s been a long time since my last visit on this Soompi forum. Anyone knows why the thread of his previous drama Backstreet Rookie has disappeared? We don’t know if he will come back as the main lead for season 2, but Taewon Entertainment website has officially updated that “Backstreet Rookie 2” is on their lineup of new dramas. 
http://www.taewon.com/160 

The previous thread disappeared because the user who had started it was deleted. A lot of other threads have disappeared as well.

I heard about BSR2 and honestly I am conflicted. I don't trust that PD and wish JCW and KYJ could reunite in a different project. 

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1

Thanks @agenth for the information. So sad that the thread of Backstreet Rookie drama is not available anymore. It has over 300 pages, and I had so much fun with it during the time the drama was aired. Backstreet Rookie is one of my most favorite dramas of JCW, so I am happy to know that there will be season 2. I just hope they will make season 2 better with more interesting, romantic and dramatic storyline. 
JCW is such a busy body. I’m sure he won’t rest too long after the drama “The Sound of Magic”. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agenth said:

I heard about BSR2 and honestly I am conflicted. I don't trust that PD and wish JCW and KYJ could reunite in a different project. 

I'm with you on that.  I vote NO for Wook being involved with BSR2.  That role could have been a major career booster, if it wasn't for all the alleged racially-tinged narrative that underscored the drama, along with the age difference between the leads.  It was just subject material that should have stayed a webtoon, where it was quite enjoyable IMHO.

And to make things worse, "The Sound of Magic" isn't on Netflix KR's broadcast schedule until 2022.  That should be more than enough time to (a) finish the post-production and for CJ Ent to finally release "Restricted Call," and (2) sneak in another short drama (no more than 12 episodes at least) before the end of 2021.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, cherkell said:

I'm with you on that.  I vote NO for Wook being involved with BSR2.  That role could have been a major career booster, if it wasn't for all the alleged racially-tinged narrative that underscored the drama, along with the age difference between the leads.  It was just subject material that should have stayed a webtoon, where it was quite enjoyable IMHO.

And to make things worse, "The Sound of Magic" isn't on Netflix KR's broadcast schedule until 2022.  That should be more than enough time to (a) finish the post-production and for CJ Ent to finally release "Restricted Call," and (2) sneak in another short drama (no more than 12 episodes at least) before the end of 2021.

I did enjoy the work between JCW and KYJ in BSR2 to be honest, but I don't like that it has started a storm of RickRoll'D for the actors due to problematic scenes, characters. And honestly I don't really see much content for an entire Season 2. What I would enjoy would be historical collaboration between the two.

Noooooo GIF by memecandy

about the sound of magic... I mean someone had mentioned that..., but I hadn't heard it was pushed back to 2022 officially yet?? That's strange considering that Netflix had done TheSwoon questionnaire and all. Why would they do that, if it wasn't going to come out this year? 

• LOL 1

I think both JCW, KYJ and their agencies would not agree to do Backstreet Rookie season 2 if there were better scripts and other drama offers that are more beneficial and promising to them. I have faith in their decision. 
There is no official announcement about the broadcast date of drama The Sound of Magic yet, so we will see how it goes...

• Like 1

I voted!

Also I saw on Twitter/Instagram that the CEO of Taewon Entertainment replied to someone asking whether JCW/KYJ would appear in BSR 2, and he said KYJ would not, maybe as cameo.

• Like 1

@Fandomized Q If they have a very excellent storyline for season 2 of Backstreet Rookie, I will be so excited to watch the sequel of this drama. 

The new movie “Restricted Call” will be released in June this year. It looks like JCW has only a supporting role in this movie. I don’t even see his photo on the movie’s poster. <_<

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tuvi Girl said:

The new movie “Restricted Call” will be released in June this year. It looks like JCW has only a supporting role in this movie. I don’t even see his photo on the movie’s poster. <_<

I read on some sites his is just special appearance. :mellow: 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mizzy said:

I read on some sites his is just special appearance. :mellow: 

That is correct.  His role as Jin-woo is just a "special appearance."  What that entails should be more revealed once we get closer to the premiere date.

And these are only 'teaser' posters for "Restricted Call."  More will follow soon!

1 hour ago, Fandomized Q said:

I love BSR with all my heart. But glad that it may not get another season. 

I am firmly in the HECK NO column about a Season 2.  The leads definitely do not need any more grief they received from international so-called fans during its filming.  BR should be one and done and let the cast move on to something else.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cherkell said:

That is correct.  His role as Jin-woo is just a "special appearance."  What that entails should be more revealed once we get closer to the premiere date.

And these are only 'teaser' posters for "Restricted Call."  More will follow soon!

I am firmly in the HECK NO column about a Season 2.  The leads definitely do not need any more grief they received from international so-called fans during its filming.  BR should be one and done and let the cast move on to something else.

Thanks for confirming about his special appearance. I think it's important to set expectations right cos many fans seem to think he's in a lead role. I hope they will know so as not to be disappointed.

I also agree that BR should not have a season 2. While I had enjoyed the drama, I don't think season 2 will do the leads any good cos of the earlier controversies. It would have been ideal if KYJ is the female lead in TSOM. She fits the look and age to a tee. Oh well...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuvi Girl said:

@Fandomized Q If they have a very excellent storyline for season 2 of Backstreet Rookie, I will be so excited to watch the sequel of this drama. 

They will have to make a strong storyline if they plan to do another season. Unless it's unfair to the cast to come back instead of doing something else. 

My trust with BR PD team is not at it's best. 

:kicks:

Also I remembered your tarot readings when I heard the news 

:approves:

Although I must say, I miss our BR fam here. It would be nice to see JCW fandom and KYJ fandom interact again. 

I am so excited about this mysterious role! They say special appearance, and his name is listed third! So it promises to be something good indeed!

I can see the energy from his eyes alone! 

This will probably be released end of june, right?

I

• Like 1

• cherkell changed the title to Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Drama: "The Sound of Magic" ("Annarasumanara") / Movie "Restricted Call" (to be released June 2021)