Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

17 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I loved Melting Me Softly as well, It was amazing drama!:)

Oh, gee!  Hello!!  Nice to meet you. So glad you liked Melting Me Softly, too!  Now if we could only find the other 8 of us.......LOL. 

I hope people know I am joking because there are certainly more than 10 people who liked MMS.  

It was amazing, as you say, and had its own comedic appeal and a lot of verbal humor and dialog exposition that Actor Ji handles so well; I think the character of Ma Dong Chan is distinctly different from any of Actor Ji's other creations.  In my imagination, if I met both Ma Dong Chan and Choi Dae Hyun walking together on a public street, they would be instantly experienced as two completely separate personalities (given the fact you could get over the physical resemblance, that is).  

I'm gonna go now and order at least the #133 photo book! 

EDIT 25 minutes later....

Wait....What??  Rereading @cherkell's posting above, I realize that it says Glorious Entertainment is releasing a SECOND printing of a photobook entitled "Ma Dong Chan, 133 Days Memories!"  Did we ever know about a FIRST printing?  This fan missed it completely.  No matter.  Better now than never, right?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Mai Stars said:

Oh, gee!  Hello!!  Nice to meet you. So glad you liked Melting Me Softly, too!  Now if we could only find the other 8 of us.......LOL. 

I hope people know I am joking because there are certainly more than 10 people who liked MMS.  

It was amazing, as you say, and had its own comedic appeal and a lot of verbal humor and dialog exposition that Actor Ji handles so well; I think the character of Ma Dong Chan is distinctly different from any of Actor Ji's other creations.  In my imagination, if I met both Ma Dong Chan and Choi Dae Hyun walking together on a public street, they would be instantly experienced as two completely separate personalities (given the fact you could get over the physical resemblance, that is).  

Hi, nice to me you as well. yea eh haha. Yea it did I agree, I think so as well.

• Like 3

@Mai Stars I think #133 sold exclusively at a fan meeting. Also in wookie's YT vid they showed #133 so that's already printed.

I liked Melting me softly. I watched it recently so I watched it without much expectation. That might have helped my watching experience. I  enjoyed it but I can understand why people would have been disappointed given it was his come back drama. 

I hope #133 copies will last few more months :sweating:

I blew up my budget with #123 and jiscovery dvd. 

• LOL 2

A glimpse of Photo book #133 posted by JCWPhilippines:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFB9tm6J-aR/?igshid=p001hxtzn44m

I think JCW took his selfies at a weird angle on purpose. :lol:

Breaking News!

It looks like JCW will be back with Backstreet Rookie season 2. Check out this article:

http://dramaquarterly.com/talking-shop/

(Don’t be surprised that there is no news in Korean about this, but only an online magazine headquartered in London, UK published this news! Many people doubt that it is not real, but I think it’s true. I read some other articles on DramaQuarterly, and I can tell it’s a legit magazine.)

• Insightful 2

6 hours ago, Tuvi Girl said:

I heard that Melting Me Softly has been aired on Viu TV 99 (a Hongkong TV channel) since Aug 2020.

That is so good to hear.  Good that this drama is getting a second chance.  Like @Fandomized Q said:  "I watched it without much expectation. That might have helped my watching experience." That was my expectation, too, only I watched it immediately when it first aired.  Sometimes other peoples' expectations are unrealistic...but the less said about the bad old days, the better.

5 hours ago, Fandomized Q said:

I think #133 sold exclusively at a fan meeting. Also in wookie's YT vid they showed #133 so that's already printed.

I think you may be right about that.  Then @Tuvi Girl posted that Instagram link (about him taking photos at weird angles) and I recognized some pictures I had seen in some IG's of a fan meeting, and put them out of my mind because I knew I would never have a chance of actually seeing that photobook....BUT...here is the photobook being offered again!  Sometimes the universe is kind.

5 hours ago, Fandomized Q said:

I blew up my budget with #123 and jiscovery dvd.

LOL :tounge_wink: Me, too, only with the NewBin magazines and Photobook #133.  I rationalized it because I am still lucky enough to be able to work from home, and have been saving like crazy since mid-February because now I don't go anywhere or do anything like I used to.  But still....time (for me) to slow down $$$, ₩₩₩, or CN¥, or wherever you may be from!  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yay, he now has 14 millions followers on Instagram! :lol:

This is the translation of NewBin interview:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFJDPoqJYI3/?igshid=xkm6pwsbuexb

JCW said he is not afraid of over exposure, and he feels sick if he doesn’t work. I think JCW will consider to do some new project soon because he doesn’t like to take a long break. :P

• Awesome 2

I'm very curious about his role in Punishment. @cherkell do you know any deets about it. 

@Mai Stars I didn't manage to get Newbin or the 1st Look magazine.  :brokenheart: . Have fun with #133. That selfie book seems as playful as JCW. I love his whacky selfies.

@Tuvi Girl I hope we'll hear some good news soon too. My lockdown was completely spent on watching kdramas of JCW and as soon as I was done, BR aired. Now it feels like going through withdrawal without new content :dead:

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

17 hours ago, Fandomized Q said:

I'm very curious about his role in Punishment. @cherkell do you know any deets about it. 

Very little has been released about "Punishment."  All I know is that Wook is cast as an "antagonist" and that filming has resumed now that BSR has finished.  Obviously, things are going slowly because of the COVID-19 precautions.  KOFIC states the movie is now in 'post-production,' but that is probably not true if scenes are reported still being filmed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Fandomized Q said:

Have fun with #133. That selfie book seems as playful as JCW. I love his whacky selfies.

What a great description!  I am really looking forward to it, and am driving the mailman crazy, hounding him almost daily, wondering where my package is.  You said that Jiscovery was one of your recent purchases....how did/do you like it?  I've had mine since early 2018 and it has become my digital security blanket whenever reality becomes too, too grim....lately, almost a daily occurrence :astonished:!!!! 

I didn't get 1st Look either.  Had to put my budget on "lockdown" after some really! really! really! important purchases like Newbin and #133....LOL.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, cherkell said:

Very little has been released about "Punishment."  All I know is that Wook is cast as an "antagonist" and that filming has resumed now that BSR has finished.  Obviously, things are going slowly because of the COVID-19 precautions.  KOFIC states the movie is now in 'post-production,' but that is probably not true if scenes are reported still being filmed.

@cherkell

Thank you so much! <3 That's exciting news to hear he will have a villain role. I liked his role in Five Fingers, but I ended up more on the side of wanting to give In Ha a hug than being angry/frustrated at him :sweatingbullets:  Hope we'll get to see a love to hate antagonist in Punishment. *Fingers crossed*

Glad to read that he may not had to film back to back with both productions. I was wondering how hectic that would have been. Wishing they will safely wrap up filming. 

@Mai Stars 

I purchased the DVD and #123 together so they will be shipped around 09/28. So I assume it will be around mid October when the package reaches me. I'm glad to hear that it brought you comfort during hard times. This makes me more excited to receive mine. I hope I can play the DVD. Description said that it's for all region with English subs, but I worry. I can't wait to listen to some of his cover songs in HD. 

These two purchase were very expensive early Christmas gift for me :hwaiting2:

I might not be able to afford any new things for awhile but I have no regrets. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, Fandomized Q said:

I hope I can play the DVD. Description said that it's for all region with English subs, but I worry. I can't wait to listen to some of his cover songs in HD.

I have that same type of DVD and it's not been a problem, even with some of my older pieces of hardware!  It does get a little glitch-y every now and then, but I'm not sure what that is due to, but probably my old, old hardware.   If I play it on a computer VLC software/media play works well for me, and once when I was sharing some content with a KDrama fan in Bulgaria, the only way she could play it was with the VLC player.   There are plenty of software programs out there, so no telling what might be best for you.

I think you'll find it's sound is great, magical even.  You won't be disappointed and it will be the probably the best early Christmas present EVAH!  If you need some "content" to tide you over  then this site might be interesting for you, if you've not already read it.

https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/08/25/exclusive-ji-chang-wook-jiscovery-history-concert-in-seoul-fan-account/

My Newbin magazines came within a week of my ordering them, so I was really spoiled by that quick delivery; may the same thing happen for you!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

JCW is an antagonist in movie Punishment? :smirk:

I don’t know if I’m happy or not. After drama Five Fingers, JCW said he didn’t get any new offer for drama or movie that made him quite depressed. I’m not sure if acting as an antagonist would bring any good consequences. However, I like him in MV “Cry cry” (T-ara) even though his role is a bad gangster. 
I’m sure JCW has multiple offers for movie, and if he decided to choose movie Punishment, I guess it must be good enough to convince him to accept the antagonist role. 

On 9/18/2020 at 7:16 AM, Tuvi Girl said:

JCW is an antagonist in movie Punishment? 

If I may add another viewpoint, having Wook described as a "literary antagonist" is not necessarily saying that he will be the villain or bad guy.  In some websites dealing with literary creation, literary history, or story creation, the antagonist is described as a "character who gets in the way of the protagonist."  This type of story could be told from many angles, and often, if the protagonist, the central/main character, is the villain, the antagonist becomes the hero antagonist.  

In just the few still pictures of Wook that I've seen, that are said to be of his character in this movie, he is dressed all in black and looks very very much like a steadfast and calm defender (but of what we don't know) and I would go running to stand behind him!  I'm with you when you say the role must be good enough if he has accepted it.  It kind of adds another exciting dimension to waiting for the movie....just to see exactly what his role will be!! 

In fact, when I look back at Healer, to really stretch a point, it could be said that in his double role as Seo Jung Hoo (the night courier) and Park Bong Soo, made him at the same time both the hero protagonist (Jung Hoo) and his doppleganger/alter ego antagonist Bong Soo, both rivals for the affections of Young Shin.  Talk about a meta - meta character analysis....whoa. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mai Stars said:

In just the few still pictures of Wook that I've seen, that are said to be of his character in this movie, he is dressed all in black and looks very very much like a steadfast and calm defender (but of what we don't know) and I would go running to stand behind him!

I haven’t seen those photos. Do you mind sharing them here?