Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

[HD] 2015.05.01 SOHU EVENT

Photos by Paradise
It's really clear and sharp, so it's another set worth collecting; although they are starting to look all the same now, LOL! However, I still can't wait for moreeee from the VIP Photograhers!

Wfl40l7.jpg

7qR7w6I.jpg
Zna7uvX.jpg
hnFzHxJ.jpg
N2zFNFc.jpg
sQ7YBgy.jpg
w5UOzGl.jpg

Cheek dimples [ali微博益起来]
ZlHRPWN.jpg

@CherKell and Gabby - Thank you for the speedy translations. I totally did not expect to see the translated video so soon; I hope none of you are looking like this right now [熊猫]? Else @Ahpheng will have two more adopted daughters to come. [偷笑] After watching the clip, I can only say interpreter eonni's translations are pretty spot-on, even though the Rambling Answer Boy kept going on & on; she still manage to translate everything he said adequately... except the part about naming the fan club; I think that part she told him the wrong thing.

I think any interviewers who interview him should talk about food with him, his reactions are just awesome to watch and almost look like he's drooling just thinking about it. I also love his '...' reaction when the lady host told him in Korea he could get the same sort of Chinese hot pot, too. That look is as if he felt that he made a fool of himself, or along the lines of, "Why haven't I known about it until now?! Definitely gonna seek them out when I get back. *Slurps*"
----

As for IdealType's photos... what can I say? There is absolutely no words to describe it. It's so surreal~ and I think she specifically releases those set first with the caption of 'Love & Peace' is to hope to calm the wrath of C-fans down, and well, perhaps distract them and cheer everyone up! [可爱]

Edited by sia3

Hiiiiiiiii everybody!!! I was lost after the forum moved here....glad i finally found our dear thread.

Thank you for these such great pictures as always!!

By the way, i just heard the news that IDEALTYPE has requested for all her photos to be removed from everywhere including the DC as well. She said there are people who exploited her photos in some ways. Anybody have any idea what is all this about???

Edited by Daldan

By the way, i just heard the news that IDEALTYPE has requested for all her photos to be removed from everywhere including the DC as well. She said there are people who exploited her photos in some ways. Anybody have any idea what is all this about???

​Hi,

I've asked @sia3 about this and there seems to be some mis-translation, IdealType said:

sia3's rough translation:

The last sentence said they saw some comments that made them sad, and after some consideration that since a part of people felt reproach with their existence, they decided to stop updating twitter, and also don't let them see any IdealType photos on DC.

I really hope they reconsider since they are one of those that really take good pictures of Ji Chang Wook and I appreciate their work. 

Edited by Maja

so it's not that IdealType will no longer share her photos to the public but only "those people" who are sharing and uploading them on twitter and were offended by some comments will stop sharing/uploading photos more so with IdealType's photos, am i right??o.O

Finally the HDs, I've been waiting this. He looks simply breathtaking :x

but sigh...why are there so many things happening among JCW's fans these days? Can we all just peacefully support and give the boy all the love he deserves? The whole situation just makes me so sad T__T

Hopefully IdealType won't stop sharing all those lovely pictures with us T__T

I wasn't going to say anything regarding this for I have absolutely no idea what really happened behind the scenes. I also had thought IdealType is a one-person photographer/fan, but turned out it is a group of fans. Anyway, I didn't realise Maja was going to post what I shared in our PM, so I think a more elaborated explanation is required to ensure there is no confusion.

Today, they posted a notice in Chinese and Korean, and the content is (rough translations):

It is the first time IdealType is in touch with JCW's fandom, so there are rules that we may not know. Regarding the previous incident, we know we are at fault and have immediately deleted the pictures and apologised. We have since kept to the rules and the limit as fans.

We only wanted to capture the beautiful moments of JCW and share with everyone who couldn't be there to see him, so that everyone else could see the good of him, and also hope that many more people will like him. These pictures will never be used commercially, be it past, present or future.

However lately, there are a lot of comments that made us sad. Since our existence create so much criticisms among some people, after some discussion, we have decided to cease updating Twitter, and please don't let us see our photos on DC Gallery. Thank you.

They did not explain why or what, and there is no mention of people who share or upload their pictures to their own SNS - at least that's my understanding of their notice. It seems, perhaps, had something to do with DC Gallery, since it is the only forum that was mentioned. However, this is purely a speculation as I have said they did not give further details regarding their notice.

They have also added that they will continue to love JCW and share their pictures. So everyone can relax. The only thing I am unsure is whether or not that in future, they will ask everyone not to repost their pictures.
----
While we are talking about sharing pictures; so this is FYI: there are a few posters I have come across in the Chinese fandom that request not to repost their pictures, such fans are JCWFOLLOW, Yue, _cherish333 (or 산산) and Noodles (hers is a bit difficult 'coz sometimes she doesn't request not to).

Edited by sia3

@CherKell, Gabby: I’m sorry for cutting Gabby’s translation in Sohu’s interview, but I really want to read JCW's words again.

“Be it in China, Japan or Korea,….although there are so many fans, I realized that people’s hearts are the same when they  like someone. I felt that way a lot. So looking at these people, I feel very greatful and I often think that I ought to work harder…..and I hope that we continue to be together.” ( – Thanks Gabby so much for the trans of this event)

He knows the love and supporting for him, so I’m really sorry for what make the fans sad. But I hope everything will be fine soon. Let’s continue to love uri Puppy.

Wookie ah, it seems we need a new project now ^_^.

Anyway, I have good news regarding Healer! And let's not get affected by what's happening lately! :)
Taiwan has gotten the copyrights to air it. The source works for IDOL星地標, so it should not be a false information. ^ ^
Yayyyy, perhaps the next stop we can hope for JCW and PMY to promote Healer in Taiwan!

source: 小漂漂最OK

Edited by sia3

@raito1310 remember when we talked about pontential dramas for Wookie? Seems like Last and Six Flying Dragons are taken for now. And somehow I still think his upcoming project will be a movie ^^

@amyanhn ​Sorry for the late reply :) didn't have access to my PC the past few days, but I read everyone posts and thanks so much for the awesome pics/videos/translation !

Yeah I felt quite sad seeing that "Last" was taken (it will be a JTBC drama) !! As said Javabeans, the story makes me think of Song Ji Na's "Story of a man", one of my favorite dramas ever. I even wished that the same director (Story of a man, Gaksital) will be directing this drama and Wookie will have a chance to work with him ! But well, it was in my dream only :P 

Whatever he chooses, I just wish they announce it quickly !! 

Btw, can't wait to watch Happy Camp, hope he gets sufficient screen time though ^^

Edit: thanks @sia3 for the very good news about Healer !! 

Edited by raito1310

@Sia3 @Maja Thank you for the clarification about Idealtype. I thought that they weren't going to share their precious photos anymore. And thank you for the HD photos by preciousone.....now i'm dead looking at his jawline :wub:

Edited by Daldan

I wasn't going to say anything regarding this for I have absolutely no idea what really happened behind the scenes. I also had thought IdealType is a one-person photographer/fan, but turned out it is a group of fans. Anyway, I didn't realise Maja was going to post what I shared in our PM, so I think a more elaborated explanation is required to ensure there is no confusion.

Today, they posted a notice in Chinese and Korean, and the content is (rough translations):

It is the first time IdealType is in touch with JCW's fandom, so there are a rules that we may not know. Regarding the previous incident, we know we are at fault and have immediately deleted the pictures and apologised. We have since kept to the rules and the limit as fans.

We only wanted to capture the beautiful moment of JCW and share with everyone who couldn't be there to see him, so that everyone else could see the good of him, and also hope that many more people will like him. These pictures will never be used commercially, be it past, present or future.

However lately, there are a lot of comments that made us sad. Since our existence create so much criticisms among some people, after some discussion, we have decided to cease updating Twitter, and please don't let us see our photos on DC Gallery. Thank you.

They did not explain why or what, and there is no mention of people who share or upload their pictures to their own SNS - at least that's my understanding of their notice. It seems, perhaps, had something to do with DC Gallery, since it is the only forum that was mentioned. However, this is purely a speculation as I have said they did not give further details regarding their notice.

They have also added that they will continue to love JCW and share their pictures. So everyone can relax. The only thing I am unsure is whether or not that in future, they will ask everyone not to repost their pictures.
----
While we are talking about sharing pictures; so this is FYI: there are a few posters I have come across in the Chinese fandom that request not to repost their pictures, such fans are JCWFOLLOW, Yue, _cherish333 (or 산산) and Noodles (hers is a bit difficult 'coz sometimes she doesn't request not to).

thanks for posting a translation. I follow Ideal Type on Twitter and I remember during the first performance of The Days after Healer they posted pics of the musical. I saw some ppl getting really aggressive with those pictures being illegal and what not, then ideal type made their account private. I wonder if that is the initial incident they are talking about. I hope we can still share their pictures outside weibo, it is one f my fav jcw fansites. ​

@CherKell, Gabby: I’m sorry for cutting Gabby’s translation in Sohu’s interview, but I really want to read JCW's words again.

“Be it in China, Japan or Korea,….although there are so many fans, I realized that people’s hearts are the same when they like someone. I felt that way a lot. So looking at these people, I feel very greatful and I often think that I ought to work harder…..and I hope that we continue to be together.” ( – Thanks Gabby so much for the trans of this event)

He knows the love and supporting for him, so I’m really sorry for what make the fans sad. But I hope everything will be fine soon. Let’s continue to love uri Puppy.

Wookie ah, it seems we need a new project now ^_^.

​No worries, sweetie.  Gabby did a massively outstanding job in getting this out so fast while I was tied up with work obligations over the past few days.  Please send all your accolades and bouquets to her!!!  :D

So long story short about the whole picture-sharing issues mentioned above... there still major issues going on with people stealing the fan-taken pictures and then using them for commercial purposes (reproducing them on calendars, posters, postcards, keychains, socks, hats, etc.).  Even after all these years since his debut, it's only been fairly recently that his visage has started showing up in the kiosks selling other k-idol items in Myeongdong.  (Every time I've travelled to Seoul I've always checked, with nothing to be found so Glorious was doing a great job with keeping his face off that kind of junk.)  There are now fan sites popping up subbing his appearance videos into other languages that have been monetized (i.e., you have to click through a site in order to view the video, and every click pays that person a few cents in return).  I find that distasteful and disgusting. to make money off of something that has been provided to you for free.

Please do not take offense, but the unauthorised use of his image is getting worse in China than anywhere else Wook's fandoms are located.  Apparently the situation came to a boiling point with not only IdealType's shots, but another couple of fan photosets as well and now everyone is on heightened alert for poachers.  And yes, some "fans" overreacted, took uncalled-for offense and got jealous that these photographers seemed to have constant access to every JCW event and that's what started the discussions over on DC since DC is his largest fandom in Korea.  *sheesh*

Anyway, that's where I'm going to end this discussion and not air any 'dirty laundry' about this situation in a public forum.  But if you do see any pics out on the interwebs or on DC or other places, tread lightly about sharing because it will explicitly state in their narrative that they are not to be reposted unless express permission is given.  If you want to ask the photographer directly, a good basic phrase to remember is 나는 허가를 위해 당신의 사진을 공유할 물어봐도 될까요?  (May you permit me to share your photos?).

thanks for posting a translation. I follow Ideal Type on Twitter and I remember during the first performance of The Days after Healer they posted pics of the musical. I saw some ppl getting really aggressive with those pictures being illegal and what not, then ideal type made their account private. I wonder if that is the initial incident they are talking about. I hope we can still share their pictures outside weibo, it is one f my fav jcw fansites. ​

​That's an entirely different situation.  The production company and the venue both state at the beginning and intermission portions of the musical that NO photos nor videos are to be taken of ANY portion of the performance whatsoever (and it's said in Korean, Japanese, Chinese and English, so no one can complain that they "didn't understand the announcement").  If anyone was posting shots of the show in progress, then they were wrong in doing so by not following the instructions given to them at the outset.  But I believe it was not IdealType posting from "The Days" except for their before-show and after-show photos -- it was other individuals who continued to violate the rules and those people are the ones who were demanded to remove their photos and videos taken during the performance.

Changing subject now.  WHERE IS HIS NEXT PROJECT?!?!?  "Will You Have Dinner With Me?" with Shin Mina is still on the table for its male lead, ne?  I'm putting all my bets on him taking on that role if it is offered.  You read it here first!  xD

Edited by CherKell

​That's an entirely different situation.  The production company and the venue both state at the beginning and intermission portions of the musical that NO photos nor videos are to be taken of ANY portion of the performance whatsoever (and it's said in Korean, Japanese, Chinese and English, so no one can complain that they "didn't understand the announcement").  If anyone was posting shots of the show in progress, then they were wrong in doing so by not following the instructions given to them at the outset.  But I believe it was not IdealType posting from "The Days" except for their before-show and after-show photos -- it was other individuals who continued to violate the rules and those people are the ones who were demanded to remove their photos and videos taken during the performance.

they did remove all the pictures and from the translation above they said that they understand they were in the wrong but I do remember following people who were @ them really angry messages. Now that was my theory, it is possible to be wrong 

they did remove all the pictures and from the translation above they said that they understand they were in the wrong but I do remember following people who were @ them really angry messages. Now that was my theory, it is possible to be wrong 

​Ah thanks for the clarification.  It was wrong of IdealType to post them at the outset and they did remove the pictures upon request... but it was also totally wrong of the people requesting the photos be removed to get so nasty about it.  I could understand their frustration if the behaviour continued (like that person who shall go nameless that still posts performance shots to this day), but can't these "fans" redirect their anger into something positive for a change?  *geez*

One of these days, I hope all the fandoms can work together for the common good.  I even think Chang-wook thinly veiled his comments in the Sohu video towards everyone being of one mind with his fan events.  But I'm not holding my breath.  ¬¬

Good morning chingus!!

cr: as tagged, via DC

So much things going on when I'm away.. And so many pictures and goodies too.  As always thanks to @sia3 @Maja @CherKell and @daegorr and everyone who posted goodies for Wookie here... For now I can't be as active as before because my laptop that hold everything, videos/drama/documents/pictures/etc is currently being repaired :(

My two cents regarding Wookie's fandoms & Ideal Type:

I follow JCW long enough to realize that nowadays there are so much new fandoms/individual fans for him. You could practically just log in to weibo, search for his name and thousand pics will show up. This is the first time I feel drowned by JCW pictures, just by fancams/fan pics alone, not to mention Chinese media also eager to report/snap pics everything about him. For us to organize such legions of fans will be exhaustive if not improbable. But the recent incident with Ideal Type is regrettable. They may feel threatened (for cause we still unknown) that they made such decision. I can only wish they won't stop uploading/share pictures. I have also read some fan accounts/article regarding  fandoms that closed down because they are harassed and threatened by other fandom. Hope that won't be the case here and we can continue support Ji Chang Wook, no matter who we are and where we are from. :D