Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Guest charlene_jin

@princesscinderella
It seems like JCW already arrived in HK.. I love his airport fashion!Casual white tee + his trademark sunglasses.. :x, quite simple but elegant!
Oh and btw, He had a haircut and his hair is back to black.. :\">His reddish brown hair didn't last long... lol!

Hi everyone :)
I think that IG clip of JCW at the airport is not new. I think that's from last year in Taiwan, JCW departure in Taiwan, going back to Korea. See clip below, his attire and his manager's attire were the same and his hair was black too.
In Taiwan, departure:

Arrival in Korea:

Clips credit to uploaders
  • Like 2

class="entry-title"[News] Ji Chang Wook’s casting in Chinese drama is yet to be confirmed

crop1

Many fans were given a shock a couple of days ago when a Chinese site announced that Ji Chang Wook was cast in a Chinese web drama titled “Good Night, Teacher”. Many fans voiced strong disapproval against this, and looks like many can rest assured for now because he has not accepted the offer, at least for the time being.

“Good Night, Teacher (老师晚上好)” will be a web drama produced by Chinese video streaming site iQiyi (爱奇艺).  It is a joint Chinese-Korean production helmed by Korean director Han Seung Hwan, and the drama will be a romantic comedy set in school.  Filming is expected to start on 10 April in Shenzhen, China, and the drama is expected to air from July till September.

On 2 March, iQiyi had initially announced that Ji Chang Wook has been cast as the male lead and will act alongside 17-year-old Chinese actress Guan Xiao Tong (关晓彤). According to the synopsis (which has several versions with slight differences since the show is still in the pre-production stage), Ji Chang Wook was offered the role of Zhou Yu Teng (周宇腾), age 30, a mathematics teacher who is a cold city guy. He puts on a cold front to protect himself from being deceived or hurt by others. He also tends to stick to principles and is rather conservative. He is unable to forget his first love who had gone overseas to study, and is flustered when the female lead, Lin Xia, starts to pursue him. He is then thrown into a dilemma when his first love returns and he gets caught between the two women.

Chinese actress Guan Xiao Tong (关晓彤) is expected to play the female lead, Lin Xia (林夏). Her character is a 17-year-old high schooler, a bright, eccentric and lively girl and also a troublemaker who has a short attention span, resulting in poor grades, especially in maths. But she excels in swimming and has won numerous awards. After she meets Zhou Yu Teng, who is good friends with her brother, she starts to change into a proper lady.

After a lot of confusion among fans about whether his next project will be a Chinese drama, Glorious Entertainment finally gave an official response through Bridge Kyungjae News on 4 March, saying, “It is true that he has received an offer but discussion is still ongoing.”

In an interview with the newspaper, Glorious Entertainment drew a line with regards to Ji Chang Wook’s next project being confirmed, “It is true that he has received offers from various parties, and one of them is from the producers of a Chinese drama. But there have been no concrete discussions regarding this, and neither has he given a definite confirmation that he will do it.”

Ji Chang Wook had also said in an interview with another media outlet, “I have received an offer from China.  If I really go to China, it is not easy for me to decide what I can show as an actor even if I go there.  Having activities in China is a very happy thing for an actor,” showing that he’s enthusiastic but cautious at the same time.

According to the news article, fans who heard rumours that his next project would be a Chinese drama said, “It is a good thing to broaden his range of activities, but it is a pity that we will not get to hear his actual voice because of the dubbing.”

Based on the discussion we’ve seen among his Chinese and Korean fans, the majority are not in favour of him starring in this drama.  We here at The Kitchen would also prefer him to work on a quality Korean production for now.  Although it is not true that he has accepted this drama, he has not flatly rejected it either, but we hope and believe that he will make a wise choice, and we will continue to support him whatever his decision.

Some of you may have wondered why our site remained silent on this issue for so long.  It is simply because we did not want to post unverified rumours that can potentially cause unnecessary confusion and worry, as we have witnessed.  There have been many rumours circulating, of which some may turn out to be true or utterly wrong.  But at the end of the day, the rule of the game is to only trust information from Glorious, and also to trust in Ji Chang Wook’s judgement.

Posted by Ji Chang Wook's Kitchen

Source: 
iQiyi weibo
Baidu (1), (2)
Cast recruitment notice
Bridge Kyungjae News

Guest charlene_jin

@cherkell

Ji Chang Wook's Kitchen

I really appreaciate the  whole clarification thing.  Now we know what the real score is.

so it's on the wait for ... to be or NOT to be.  :)

I believe  Glorious will  take into consideration the  pulse of JCW followers. Somehow ,I feel  that they  are testing the water.

In making decision,  weighing the  pros and cons always  matters.

Whatever  JCW and his agency decides, one thing for sure, JCW will be followed by lots  of who believes in his talent and  his passion in acting . :)

And that my friend,  is in dashingly FULL course meal!  PLUS a take  home order  ! ;)

:);)

As mentioned above, those airport shots were from last year's trip to Taiwan for his fan meeting there.  HERE are his photos from his departure at Incheon about an hour ago... and it's appropriate that his entire outift is from Alfred Dunhill.  :X

201503050719402610_1_zpss36aelwu.jpg

201503050717522610_1_zps5a7lj3fd.jpg
201503050713172610_1_zpsr4uq0sza.jpg

201503050727412610_1_zpspaysbap5.jpg
2015030507194455735_1_zpslhhsw9lo.jpg
268e7f252efc1984b0742d3dd321caf1_zpsgdrt
2015030501000394500028811_zpslrpgyvr8.jp
article7_zpswoggswtd.jpg
article2_zpsorvsixrp.jpg
article4_zpsznxdliwf.jpg
article3_zpsv3djtx4g.jpg
article6_zpsolvfyh8k.jpg

His IG update!!

10986421_780340655386741_1290926036_n.jp

on twitter it's only written:
 오랫만!!! 전 홍콩으로 갑니당!!

It's been a while!!! I'm going to Hong Kong!!

But it's longer on IG itself..

----------------------------
anyway one article from starnews says JCW as "morning flower boy" :)) :))

Guest charlene_jin

@minoz-joyax @kanyaprasetyo @CherKell You all awesome guys! You're very resourceful to have these up-to-date photos. Keep it up! And keep it coming! ;)

class="entry-title"[instagram/Weibo Update] 5 March 2015

Instagram:

오랫만!!! 전 홍콩으로 갑니당!! #그와중에 #순대국이 #먹고싶은데 #같이할래요?
#사이좋게

아!! 그리고 오늘 정월대보름이래요!! 항상건강하시고 대보름의 풍성함과 밝은 빛을 닮길 기원합니다!!!! #풍성함 #밝은빛

Long time no see!!! I’m going to Hong Kong!! #Besides that #blood sausage soup #I want to eat #shall we do that together? #On good terms

Ah!! And today is the first full moon of the lunar new year!!
Always stay healthy and may you be blessed with the fullness and brightness of the full moon!!!! #Fullness #Bright light

Weibo:

Guest charlene_jin

Quick question: does anyone here know what is the official twitter account of JCW? Same with fb?( or does he have any official acct in the first place?) if it is not allowed to post the info here, would anyone be kind enough to share it to me via pm. Thanks a bunch!

charlene_jin said: Quick question: does anyone here know what is the official tweeter account of JCW? Same with fb?( or does he have any official acct in the first place?) if it is not allowed to post the info here, would anyone be kind enough to share it to me via pm. Thanks a bunch!

Guest charlene_jin

It's not a secret -- his Twitter account is @Jichangwook.  Accept no substitutes!!  :P

He used to have a personal Facebook account, but it had been inactive since December 2011 and now closed.  Any attempts at sending him a "friend message" will not be answered.

What's this about the blood sausage soup fanwar thing? Ah, but nevermind. :)) :))

Thank goodness his role in Goodnight Teacher isn't set in stone yet. The synopsis is kinda cringe-worthy. A love triangle? Uhhh. No.

Love his airport fashion! Blue is a good color on him. ;)

Finally I can sigh with relief with the info from Jichangwook’s Kitchen, Cherkell and Gabby. Thanks you so much for the news.

This is the greatest of the day that there’s an official response from Glorious yesterday about the undefined next project.

I’m just so happy until now. Please more consideration, especially with this one, Ji Chang Wook sshi.

Here's a short video that eNews24 put up from his departure today: https://jichangwookkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/daum-tvpot-player.mp4?_=0

vlcsnap-2015-03-04-18h00m46s169_zpsqesrt

I'll fix the link as soon as I get off this mobile device and onto a proper laptop. :)