Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

• Guest changed the title to Ji Chang Wook (지창욱) - Actor/Musical Actor - Upcoming Projects: Movie "Black Call" / Drama "Backstreet Rookie / Convenience Store Saet Byul"

Recently I saw this on a JCW fan’s Instagram:

It seems like they have changed his movie title back to “Punishment” (응징 ).  I can’t read Korean, but I can tell the upcoming movie that is going to be released in 2020 has the title “Punishment” (not “Black Call”). Hopefully, we can watch it sometime this year.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:48 PM, Tuvi Girl said:

Recently I saw this on a JCW fan’s Instagram:

It seems like they have changed his movie title back to “Punishment” (응징 ).  I can’t read Korean, but I can tell the upcoming movie that is going to be released in 2020 has the title “Punishment” (not “Black Call”). Hopefully, we can watch it sometime this year.

Actually, Naver never revised their movie listings from "Punishment" to "Black Call."  I've been monitoring the site pretty often, and the movie section was pretty much left alone.  I hope the production keeps "Punishment," because "Black Call" doesn't really jump out and grab my interest.  :blink:

• Like 1

Well, I have died and gone to heaven!!  Not literally, of course, but in these days of the pandemic and rioting, you never can tell.  What has tipped me into temporal insanity is seeing Ji Chang Wook do The Twist (perfectly, I might add) to Chuck Berry's You Never Can Tell

Somebody in South Korea has exquisite taste in music and actors and knows how to put them together for maximum effect.  I knew I was hanging around here for a reason, and now here's one of the absolute best ones.  Probably no one but me and a few other Americans of a certain age will know what I am talking about, but that's OK and an unbelievable serendipity.  Makes me kinda teary.....

Other than that.....

Congratulations to Ji Chang Wook on 12.5 MILLION Instagram followers.

"C'est la vie, say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell!!"*

* Music and Lyrics by Chuck Berry...otherwise known as C'est La Vie or Teenage Wedding

• Like 1

The Rice Wreaths are being displayed at the building for the press conference of drama Backstreet Rookie. Based on the videos on Dreame Rice Wreath Twitter, there are about 16 different donating groups from JCW fans in many different countries such JCW Philippines (2 groups), JCW global supporters, Star&Moon, JCW Taiwan, Day Rock, JCW_international, JCW Russia (2 groups), JCW Latin America, JCW’s Kitchen, JCW China, JCW Japan, Jilight Soompiers, JCW Hongkong Wookies, JCW Thailand Naja. I do some calculation for the total rice weight, it is 4370 kg total. It’s interesting that fans from Russia are very enthusiastic. They donate 600 kg of rice, and have sent food trucks to Backstreet Rookie’s filming site twice so far.

Watch these 2 videos, and let me know if I miss anything or if my calculation is wrong , he he...:P

and 

• Guest changed the title to Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Projects: Movie "Punishment" / Current Drama "Backstreet Rookie / Convenience Store Saet Byul"

NO MORE EMBEDDED INSTAGRAM POSTS FOR SOOMPI!! until further notice.

See below:  

"i-subliminally-saw-this-coming.jpg

close quote.

I had a sneaking suspicion this was coming back in late May.  Instagram was blocking, or in some instances semi-blocking my IG posts for music copyright violations, depending on which countries around the world might still hold copyrights; this was happening without seemingly any reason, especially even if the same identical music was still up on YouTube. (Of course, YouTube and Instagram are separate corporation/entities and don't have the same governing rules.) 

It became obvious to me that the IG "restrictions" were new, and much more stringent than previously, and then I read in US news sources some of the court results regarding IG not granting sub-licenses, etc. as above, and realized that I needed to make some changes!  I quit posting any IG content until I could realign my thinking with whatever creative impulses I possessed! Back to the ole drawing board!

I am writing this, along with the Soompi announcement, as purely personal explanation of why I have not posted as much as previously.  It has nothing to do with my appreciation of Ji Chang Wook which remains in full force!

Many of us are awaiting final rulings and explanations with bated breath.  

• Like 1

I’m happy for JCW that he chooses the right drama project this time. It’s fun, light-hearted, totally enjoyable to watch the first episode of Backstreet Rookie. If I love it, I think many other audiences may feel the same. 
Last night he was live on Instagram, but I missed it because there’s no advance notice about it. However, there’s an English sub video of the Instagram live on Francejcw Twitter.

• Like 1