Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Wow!  If a person didn't ever believe in Fake News before, they probably do now.:confounded:  Is this how it happens?  Some horrible little nobody schlemiel-like moron can accidentally on-purpose nearly deep-six a person's brilliant career by "forgetting" a basic rule of Journalism 101?   This whole SBS apology thing just reeks of psychologically-burdened hidden agendas.  What a crock.:unamused: 

But in the end, Ji Chang Wook still stands tall on his rightfully deserved pedestal.  I would have kept him on that pedestal regardless because, to paraphrase what one philosopher described about another screen legend in a long ago time, the joy and spirit that he projects on screen cannot be faked.  I, too, like @ForgottenSoulx, was afraid and upset, but not because I thought JCW could be seedy and disreputable, but because it is all too easy for the REAL seedy and disreputable to take another down with false statements and innuendo based on nothing but one photo.  And, if you believe SBS' regretful apology, accidentally, at that!  

What I found frightening, when reading some peoples' comments on IG or on other sites, was that some were all too ready to accept and believe the unfounded gossip based on guilt by association, and were all too ready to casually dismiss their own judgement that JCW was a person to be admired.   Reminds me of a song lyric:  They cheered for my persistence, but prayed for my decline.  ( From They Just Keep Moving the Line - from "Bombshell.")

• Like 1

I'm so sad about the scandal. At the end It's just 1 normal photo with a person, and this f*cking photo could destroy a career! 

I read Knet bad comments and I feel so sad as a fan that I can do nothing to stop this mess. He is innocent but still his image is damaged due to this ridiculous scandal.

Only 1 month left before military discharge date and it seems he doesn't get a new project yet. Now it would be difficult.

I counted each day during 21 months waiting time and want to see his new drama asap. Will he lose many fans? Will he get difficult to find new project? These questions bother me a lot. 

I'm still scared if this is the end of the scandal or just the beginning. What if they still want to use his name for the sake of viewer rating. 

@Trung Vũ  Sorry you are sad, but Ji Chang Wook is not destroyed YET!  He is not down, and he is not out.  I've read some Knets bad comments, too, but actually there have been more good comments than bad on various sites.  In fact, I would say that his image is NOT damaged, but it may have even increased and gotten better because of the outrage of those fans like you and me, who KNOW this is all just stupid, evil behavior by supposed journalists who are hypocritical and too dumb to get out of their own way.  What I see and read on IGs are 100% protective of Chang Wook, and that may grow to critical mass and really be overwhelming.  Other blog sites I have read seem to be running 50% in favor of Chang Wook, 25% doubting him and sitting on the fence, and 25% ready to believe anything South Korea's mass media puts on the air, except of course the apology by SBS.  

There are things you can do to stop this.  Check out some IG accounts by Ji Fans.  There is one that is giving the sign up details to SBS to protest that more of a REAL PUBLIC apology should to be made.  I don't have an IG account so I can't link, but probably any JCW fan Instagram will lead you to the link to sign up to SBS to be able to comment.  Going on other blog sites, like you did coming here, and making your views known will help a LOT.  Let everyone know that it is not wise to mess with Ji Chang Wook and his fans because he did nothing wrong! and we all might get REALLY ANGRY:

really-angry.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@cherkell Whew!  So glad you are here to post the site.  I was having trouble making connections to get permission to post the IG site I found it on, but you already have the good connections!  So @Trung Vũ here's the SBS site you can go to so you can do something to stop this mess! 

What is SBS's problem anyway?  Didn't Chang Wook and Suspicious Partner make them a bundle?  They are truly irresponsible, especially as he is no position to defend himself personally because of his military duties.  Glorious did a great job speaking out for him, but without him being able to speak on his own behalf it's like he's hiding or something. I know better and you know better, but some people......well.:crazy:

EDIT about an hour later 

I went and signed up on SBS and posted requesting that they make a hearfelt apology to Ji Chang Wook.  It was gratifying to see so many requests for the same thing.

• Like 1

18 K-Drama Actors With The Most Adorable Eye Smiles

Is there anything cuter than a dazzling eye smile? You know, the ones that make a person’s eyes crinkle up like glowy little crescent moons?  In our totally unbiased opinion *cough*, some of the world’s best eye smiles belong to K-drama actors. After all, in Dramaland, eye-smiling is a resume-worthy skill. What better way to melt your true love’s heart than with a grin that’s guaranteed to bring instant squee? Here for your viewing pleasure are 18 of our faves — take a deep, steadying breath and dive right in!

[Article edited for content]

2. Ji Chang Wook

ji-chang-wook.gif

The smile of a man who’s due back from the military in a matter of weeks (yay!).

Credit:  Soompi News

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just had to post this before I went off to work this morning.  His IG is now up to 8.2 million followers!!  :thumbsup::thumbsup::joy:  The legend grows and grows.  

inkedmore-people_li.jpg

And I'll probably get in trouble for this, but who cares.  Here is some music to FOLLOW with.  Yes, this is a really, really old rock and roll classic and it fits the mood so well.  Please enjoy. https://youtu.be/jgPMYQTINNk

Interesting, @Julia Lovert!  So interesting.  Thanks for the post.  So glad that Youngie's ....er.....ACCIDENT....turned out to have a happy ending.  Could it be that Youngie's "accident" was the result of watching too much of Chang Wook's most recent drama - Suspicious Partner? (although almost two years ago).  The forgotten item may not be the same thing, but......

oops..forgot-my-______.gif

Nice try, Youngie.....Nice try.

• LOL 1