Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

FINALLY!!  Finally, after a year......Finally we get to see and hear Ji Chang Wook sing his soliloquy.  It is an astounding piece, taking place in a room full of ghosts; visually very stunning.   It must have been breathtaking to actually see and hear it in person.  It may have been Fat Tuesday here in the States for Mardi Gras goers, but it was Fat Tuesday for Shinheung Military School and this girl today!  He looks and sounds wonderful.  (Sometimes life is too, too good)............Here is my contribution to commemorate this smashing success. Please enjoy.

shinheung-introducing-new-actors.-1.jpg

Man can really strike a pose, too.  Got to love it when you listen to the YouTube selection above......one of the main sounds you hear, besides the music, is the deafening sound of camera shutters going off.  That's the sound made for a STAR!

• Like 1

This entry is for no reason at all except sheer gladness that his time for mustering out is getting closer......Developed using GIMP software and Huion drawing tablet, it is pure digital art.  Please enjoy looking at it the same way I enjoyed making it.

testhuiondrawing.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ji Chang-wook Stars in the Shinheung Military Academy Musical

photo1042097.jpg

Actor Ji Chang-wook performed in the military musical "Shinheung Military Academy" at the Seoul Gwangrim Art Center on the 5th.

The actor is being discharged on the 27th of April and he said, "It's an honor to be in such a meaningful musical. I spent most of my military life with this musical and it got me thinking about a lot of things. I hope the audience sees it and feel the emotions of our ancestors who were in the independent movement 100 years ago.

Meanwhile, "Shinheung Military Academy", produced by the Army Headquarters, is a musical about ordinary young people who fought against Japan and sacrificed everything to regain their country based in Shinheung Military Academy.

It is a dynamic story of ordinary young men who fought against Japan from 1907 to 1920 and dedicated everything to regaining their country. The musical can be seen until the 21st of April.

photo1042098.jpg

Spoiler

photo1042099.jpg

photo1042100.jpg

photo1042101.jpg

Spoiler

photo1042102.jpg

photo1042103.jpg

photo1042104.jpg

Spoiler

photo1042105.jpg

photo1042106.jpg

photo1042107.jpg

Spoiler

photo1042108.jpg

photo1042109.jpg

photo1042110.jpg

Spoiler

photo1042111.jpg

photo1042112.jpg

photo1042114.jpg

photo1042113.jpg

source

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

With new castmates transitioning along with the "old",  fans at least have some new material on YouTube to see and hear and I am taking advantage of having some new material for GIFs!  Here's Sgt. Ji with some of his new castmates.

shinheung-duet-frameandgifsub.gif

Here's another link to a very short clip, but worth watching.  I wish I had been able to use this clip, but it is "branded," so I am linking instead.  https://youtu.be/rH9FjZME6S0.

More under the spoiler.:ph34r:

Spoiler

shinheunggif2.gif

Here's the link source for some of this material: https://youtu.be/Q_-5MvSO6a4.  I am especially fond of this one as it shows the last scene of this short aria.  

Every time I am able to see and hear something by this man I am always in awe at how accomplished he is, whether on a concert stage, in a play, or movies, or television.  This breadth of his craft is not to be taken lightly, least of all by me! 

Independence movement gets new life on stage

By Kwon Mee-yoo (Korea Times)

This year marks the centennial of the March 1 Independence Movement, which provided a catalyst for Korean resistance during the 1910-45 Japanese occupation. In commemoration of such a crucial moment in Korea's turbulent modern history, a handful of theatrical events are on show, revealing stories of the patriots who risked their lives for the liberation of their homeland and history-making events of the period.

d6cba9b515a549549030ba4ddc7983ff.jpg
A scene from musical Sinheung Military School / Courtesy of Ministry of National Defense and Shownote

Sinheung Military School

The musical "Sinheung Military School," named after the independence fighter training school in Manchuria in the early 20th century, is produced by the Ministry of National Defense and the Republic of Korea Army, starring soldiers on active duty. 

The musical premiered last fall to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Republic of Korea and returned in March in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the March 1 Independence Movement and the establishment of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.

Though the plot remains almost the same, director Kim Dong-yeon elaborated on lines and scenes to make the drama clearer. Choreography for large-scale war scenes such as the Battle of Bongo-dong and the Battle of Cheongsanli were amended to maximize symbolism.

Some of the characters are based on real people. Lee Hoe-yeong, founder of Sinheung Military School, was an educator and independence fighter who established the military training school.

Ji Cheong-cheon, played by Sungkyu of Infinite and Onew of SHINee, is also based on an actual independence activist who later became a politician.  In the musical, Ji appears as a student of the Imperial Japanese Army Academy, complete with sleek K-pop style choreography.  However, he defects to join the Korean Liberation Army where he becomes the commander-in-chief.

However, most of the lead roles are fictional, representing unsung youngsters who fought for the freedom of their country, as the creators wanted to pay respect to those nameless soldiers. 

ad12330b1fd64a2db81cb94885b51d41.jpg
Ji Chang-wook as Dong-gyu in musical Sinheung Military School / Courtesy of Ministry of National Defense and Shownote

Four main characters who enter the Sinheung Military School have their own stories. Dong-gyu, played by Ji Chang-wook and Ko Eun-sung, dreams of becoming a poet, but he decides to join the independence army after his father dies in a hunger strike opposing the Japanese authorities.

"You can feel how these innocent people joined independence activities in harsh times," Ji Chang-wook said.

Pal-do (Kang Ha-neul and Jo Kwon) is a former servant of the army school founder Lee Hoe-yeong. Despite his ignorance, he grows into a competent soldier with a cheerful disposition.

Kang said he did not know of the Sinheung Military School until he read the script of this musical. "I am excited to see more people find out about the school through our show," Kang said.

fcc8b6c3b1eb4e25b557eeeb2f667af1.jpg
Lee Tae-eun as Na-pal in musical Sinheung Military School / Courtesy of Ministry of National Defense and Shownote

Na-pal (Lee Tae-eun and Hong Seo-young) is a woman disguised as a man who hopes to become a military trumpeter. Hye-ran is the daughter of a bandit boss in Gando area who joins the trainees to provide support with a sling.

"There are many women who contributed to the independence movement in various ways. Some participated in armed struggles, while others joined the Manse rallies and looked after officials of the Provisional Government in Shanghai. Na-pal and Hye-ran represent these women who fought with their own methods. For Hye-ran, it's her sling," Lim explained.

"Sinheung Military School" runs until April 21 at the BBCH Hall of Kwanglim Arts Center in southern Seoul.

Hes being linked to the current scandal in Korea and has the name Crown Prince of Club Arena

ji changwook, jonghyun, choi taejoon, zico and more are in a clique so lets hope its just friends and nothing bad. 

https://onehallyu.com/topic/779846-ji-changwook-crown-prince-of-club-arena/

Im so upset please be false. 

12 hours ago, sweetdreams_87 said:

Hello hello.

Delurking myself after a long while...

But just wondering if anyone here is going to catch the musical during it's last week run next month? :blush:

I was hoping to, but couldn't get any more vacation time because I already made plans to be in Seoul for Wook's discharge ceremony on 27 April.  At least "Shinheung" reviews have been extra-positive, and it's a spectacular high note to end his military career on. :wub:

3 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Hes being linked to the current scandal in Korea and has the name Crown Prince of Club Arena

ji changwook, jonghyun, choi taejoon, zico and more are in a clique so lets hope its just friends and nothing bad. 

[snipped link]

Im so upset please be false. 

Seems like Wook got caught up in a case of "guilt by association" by wanting to go meet his friends at a club.  Doesn't mean anything.  If that is such a criminal act, then 99% of Korean idols and actors are also guilty.

We will not be commenting until after Glorious sends out their press release refuting these obvious falsehoods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@cherkell beat me to a comment by a few minutes!  Drat......:yum:

@sweetdreams_87 I knew from the beginning of the announcement of the Shinheung extravaganza (what a year or more ago?)  that I wouldn't be able to make the trip, not even to this most recent finale.  Sometimes, such is life. 

@ForgottenSoulx And the recent rumors (I took my time and read all I could) seem to be just rumors.  Why wouldn't people call him the " Crown Prince" of something or another?  He is the closest most clubgoers would ever get to royalty of any kind!  He is a STAR because of his talent, which is immense, and his overwhelming and enjoyable public presence, even while being entombed in the bowels of the South Korean Army.  Well, OK, being in a musical could hardly be called being "entombed" but given his level of activity while he was a civilian, right now he might be bored out of his skull doing the same thing over and over and over.  Remember in his halcyon days (before Army) he would be shooting for a drama, being photographed for a fashion shoot, partaking in an interview or two, probably all on the same day.  This guy has unbelievable energy levels.  

While it is true that we may never ever know the most private heart of any other person, most people make judgements about another person based on what that person says, and does.  That's all a person has to go on.  Given that, what I see and hear that Ji Chang Wook says and does, I am with him all the way, 100%, no holding back.  Coraggio!! 

Knowing from other gossip earlier this week that another shoe might fall and hit Chang Wook on the way down, I even spent my time on another drawing.  This art activity keeps me out of bars (or clubs LOL) and gambling dens for which my family is thankful.  Please enjoy. 

fuzzysweatercompletemerged-2.png

This is completely digital artwork using GIMP and Huion drawing tablet, but I would love to do a real life work up, too.

Here's some music to keep your spine straight and stiff.  Wrong continent but right sentiment.  Don't Stop Believin'!!  This was rock and roll back in the day in the USA of the 1980's:   Steve Perry https://youtu.be/VcjzHMhBtf0 

~ OR 

from 2016: https://youtu.be/4Yy6pmsQ9H8 with Arnel Pineda from the Philippines.   Either generation, the message is the same.  Don't stop believing in something you found valuable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cherkell said:

I was hoping to, but couldn't get any more vacation time because I already made plans to be in Seoul for Wook's discharge ceremony on 27 April.  At least "Shinheung" reviews have been extra-positive, and it's a spectacular high note to end his military career on. :wub:

@cherkellGahhh...I'm still in the process of thinking whether or not to Seoul (I need more ammunition other than to fangirl! :P) Meeting new people would be GREAT ammunition!! haha

And if I do decide to go, I sooooooooooo want to be there for the 27th but all my flights home are overnight and I have school on the Monday!! T_____T (And why are the return flights so crazy high at that time too! T____T)

2 hours ago, Mai Stars said:

@sweetdreams_87 I knew from the beginning of the announcement of the Shinheung extravaganza (what a year or more ago?)  that I wouldn't be able to make the trip, not even to this most recent finale.  Sometimes, such is life. 

@Mai Stars I pretty much wasn't planning on going but I'm currently in dire need of a little get away....and luckily, the musical is still in run....*fingers crossed* ^^