Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

OMO! my favorite neck and nape!!! I can even see moles :D :x

RS Claimed :D

cr 星星星Sssstella-3-

Reminder:

Please do not Modify, cut, edit logo, and please credit properly as requested by owner! Thank you.

Edited by Maja

Ji Chang Wook updated Weibo and IG :x

중국 일정 마치고 한국 으로 !!! 너무 즐거웠 어요 고마워요 다음에 또 만나요[Color][Color]

중국일정 마치고 한국으로!! 즐거웠어요 안녕 다음에 또만나!!!

Edited by Maja

Ji Chang-wook stars in China's hottest TV show

Actor Ji Chang-wook made an appearance in one of the hottest Chinese TV shows.

Rising star Ji Chang-wook appeared in Chinese TV for the first time and is expected to draw everyone to the front of their TVs.

This Chinese TV show started in 1997 and it's all about the guests and MC's talking and playing games.

1,200 or so audiences packed their seats to watch Ji Chang-wook up close and personal. He greeted them with the little Chinese that he studied ahead and enjoyed the whole show.

Ji Chang-wook even prepared presents of hand-drawn T-shirts for the 5 MCs.

One of the MCs had a birthday party that following evening and invited Ji Chang-wook to it. Apparently he had a good time after the show with the guests and MCs of the show.

After the recording, Ji Chang-wook said, "It was nerve-wrecking because it's my first appearance on Chinese television but they were all so nice and welcoming. I had fun".

The Chinese TV show starring Ji Chang-wook can be seen on the 9th at 8PM on Funan Cable TV.

Meanwhile, Ji Chang-wook is currently busy touring with the musical "Those Days" and is reaching Jeju Island on the 31st of May.

Source : biz.heraldcorp.com/vi...

Edited by CherKell

​We're hoping to get to it shortly -- we're both really slammed with Real Life right now but will do our best to get it done!  I think his intrepreter this time around did a wonderful job in keeping up with Mr. Rambling Answer Boy, but Gabby had mentioned it was rather unprofessional of the Chinese MC chick to address Wook as Xiao Chi (小池), since that's the nickname that only the Chinese fans address him with... not random people off the street.  *hmpf*

I too was watching a really crappy double-VPN'd livestream and could barely make out 1/3rd of what Wook was talking about, but his attempt at the recreation of dialogue with the two girl fans had me rolling on the floor!

Gotta get back to my appellate briefs.  Thanks to everyone for the pics and goodies!!!!!

​Annyeong chingus!  

I just wanted to pass this along here as an fyi.  It's perfectly fine, politeness wise, to address someone with "Xiao" followed by their surname in Chinese culture within an intimate studio interview setting.  That term to address someone with is not reserved only for fans of a particular celebrity as a nickname.  The MC hostess at the Sohu event was addressing CW with  less formality to make him feel more at ease and more comfortable (i.e. as if he was among a group of friends).  Many fans are glad she attempted to do that because CW ended up relaxed enough to share some really interesting tidbits in his interview answers. Thus,from a Chinese Culture perspective, the MC hostess was still conducting herself in a professional manner. 

If anyone here would like more in depth knowledge on acceptable greetings/ways to address someone in Chinese Culture, please feel free to visit the following website below and also please see the brief chart below...

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/chinese-etiquette/greetings/ 

You can use a person's full name or family name when addressing acquaintances, good friends and colleagues, or only the surname proceeded by an informal title which indicates his age:

PinyinChineseMeaning in EnglishNote
Lao Li老李Elder LiA person older than yourself
Xiao Wang小王Younger WangA person younger than yourself

I would like to add a very big Thank You to all the chingus here who have been posting all the daebak HD pictures of our CW!!  They are simply breathtaking!!  :x

Edited by frannie_8pie

HAHAHA @Maja, he's not helping. He's taking his own bag. :D

Anyway, found a pic of the four boys competing dancing or something. The Chinese called it 'PK'.

Doesn't it look like one of those country & western line dances?  With all apologies to Billy Ray Cyrus -- Don't break my heart... my Bong-su breaky heart...  B|

Yup, he took off earlier than expected for home.  Looking at those Weibo shots, he looks extremely exhausted.  I hope that poor boy goes straight home and sleeps for a week before he gets back on the stage.  :(

Edited by CherKell

HAHAHA Funny story at the airport, here's a fan account:

"JCW was digging for something in his bag, but could not find it and started looking nervous. Fans thought he has lost his passport or something important. Then he took out... a box of candies. After eating it, he looks content." 

Poster's comment: Oppa, how old are you? *LOL*

translation by @sia3

Here are the pics!!! :D

cr Riety

Edited by Maja
  • Like 3

Guest FleurdeLys101

LOL @Maja I believe that's Ricola he's frantically looking for. Somebody's getting scratchy throat. Hopefully he doesn't get sick. 

BTW I saw a fan pic on IG of the inside of his passport. Hopefully this does not get zoomed in and circulated, that'll be too invasive.

Doesn't it look like one of thsoe country & western line dances?  With all apologies to Billy Ray Cyrus -- Don't break my heart... my Bong-su breaky heart...  B| Yup, he took off earlier than expected for home.  Looking at those Weibo shots, he looks extremely exhausted.  I hope that poor boy goes straight home and sleeps for a week before he gets back on the stage.  :(

​Yes it does look like country dance. I hope this won't get edited out, I seriously want to see all the dances he did on the show. :D Show us some shaky shaky moves, baby!
Did he take off earlier? Not just him looking extremely exhausted, I am working with my panda eyes right now. I also need a week to recuperate from this, too. Right, @Maja?

But before konking out on his bed, he'll probably be asking Omma:

8f6d77c2gw1erolslkb4oj20dg0h9ac1.jpg

caption: What to eat for dinner? :D

LOL @Maja I believe that's Ricola he's frantically looking for. Somebody's getting scratchy throat. Hopefully he doesn't get sick. 

BTW I saw a fan pic on IG of the inside of his passport. Hopefully this does not get zoomed in and circulated, that'll be too invasive.

​@FleurdeLys101 - WHUT?! Not uri JCW too! Aishhhh. This happens when they go to China. The custom officer(s) tend to sneak a picture of their passport photo. :( It happened to Lee Min Ho as well, and then get circulated around Weibo before fans started begging for whoever that repost it to take it down. EDIT: Oh I just saw the picture. It was not intentional. Fans were just taking pics of him, and his passport got taken in it too.

Edited by sia3
  • Like 1