Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

@willenette @AdelaM

kindly back read at least one page to see if the pix and info u are posting, have been posted otherwise we mobile users keep having to load repeated pictures. thank you.

Sorry for the inconvenience I will delete all my posts!

Guest Cinderella1

Don't see it if you don't like it

aaah ; i shouldn't have opened this :((  ~X(  , i thought i'll see JCW with a crazy fashion style :D

I grew up in Chicago, so this Leopold and Loeb scandal was in all our history texts.  I've known for years about the musical and its libretto, and even worked behind-scenes on a production in college; it's just now that since Chang-wook seems to be the Latest Hottest Actor To Walk The Earth where this issue is being discussed and dissected.  And you would think with Korean society being as conservative as it is... over there, it's a great big MEH since no one really cares and it barely causes a blip on their radar screens.

about the " Korean society being conservative " .. wel i don't think koreans are conservative , maybe a minority but the majority are as liberal as any other western country ! i don't believe what they try to sell us in their dramas because reality clearly emerges in their movies .. koreans are not bound by traditional thinking , They are broad-minded and morally unrestrained . ...In movies , we see the prominent truth , they have tackled polemical controversial issues which prove that they are not conservative and they feel no qualms in showing bold / harsh / erotic scenes (which are bolder than american movies) .

well , that's my humble opinion and i'm not generalizing :)

Watching that new Section TV interview: my dying cat shrieks can be heard all over the room. You'd think that after fangirling intensely over him the past several months, my feels for him would have toned a bit... but nooooooo. They're as intense as ever. :)) :x

"Gangster gaze"

gangster-gaze.gif

I love how he gets embarrassed by it afterwards. He's too cute. And lol, the MC is such a giddy fangirl.

Thank you so much to Gabby @daegorr for translating! ^:)^

Guest Cinderella1

I agree with @cinderella1… all the koreans I know during university days are very very much open-minded in the ways only you could imagine hahaha… a good thing i guess….but yeah i can't speak for the majority..

haha yeah , that's why i don't get the strict censorship about intimate scenes in dramas , i mean i know why but i can't really grasp it ! i think it's about time they give at least proper kisses instead of dead fish kisses because what what we see in their movies and also in reality is totally contradictory !

----

JCW looks AWESOME as usual in the pictures , my heart melts :x

hope he starts his new project soon , and i would love to see him in a drama in spring , i want to see him wearing light clothes that show his biceps ;))

Guest DummDiDummTralala

thank you for all new photos :) Yaaay!

I'm always happy with new pics, I must admit though I'm not really fond of all the Celebrity ones. Imo he looks too flawless in some, too much photoshop? He doesn't seem real or human there, more like not from this world (though he kind of always looks too good to be true) I don't really know how to properly put it into words, all the more because all the pics fried my brain...in a very good way

I dig the glasses pics though!

Anyways, I prefer the Glorious Entertainment pictures. He seems more real and more like himself, because we all know he's got flaws (please don't kill me) and we love him all the more for them... And he still looks perfect in them as well!

How is it even possible for a human being to be so beautiful?... the world's so unfair...

@Cinderella1 thankyou for the pics, does anyone else get the urge to say aaawww everytime they see a a pic with staff or fans?

When Chang Wook turned to look at the girls who called out "Oppa, look here!", I swear, those are the highest-pitched screams I've ever heard. With earphones, they sounded like fire alarms. :)) Though I would scream my throat raw if I see him in person too.

His expression when reading the letter though. He looked so touched.

About the last part: so is it safe to expect a MBC drama underway in the near future?

Guest charlene_jin

The possibility that  JCW could get the lead in " Scholar who walks in the night " is getting slimmer because  as it is being  posted  all over, Lee Jun ki is getting the offer.  :(

I have no problem with  LJK, in fact  i lke him a lot. He's indeed a great actor. However, it's so funny that all the actors I've been rooting since the day I discovered  the Kdrama  world (way back, 2005),  got the second priorities and   top spot is awarded to JCW.   He overpassed  all my bias(es) and  those  who are notably known/respected based on  their talents and forte.

I look like a scout of  kdrama  roles these days,  searching for substantial characters on   upcoming series  that  suits for JCW.  ( LOL!) 

:D:D:D 

by now I don't want JCW to play the scholar bc everyone else got an offer to play it but him -_-

he should be with staff that trust his abilities and that wanted him more than option number 10+

I am sure he will find a good role that fits him well ^^ (hopefully soon)

Guest DummDiDummTralala

@ minoz-joyax totally agree, he can look gangster if he wants to, but that stare is just too swoonworthy and combined with his smile (though deadly) way too nice and just too... puppy?

definitely hot, but if you want to go for gangster, you can not smile like that JCW!

@mrsyooknit

by now I don't want JCW to play the scholar bc everyone else got an offer to play it but him

-_-

he should be with staff that trust his abilities and that wanted him more than option number 10+

I am sure he will find a good role that fits him well ^^ (hopefully soon)

yeah being the backup for the backup's backup isn't very flattering, I want him in a good project that he's passionate about and fits him

I actually never wanted him in the vampire thing, but that'S just my general aversion to the vampirehype...

[-( no, just not mine, though I would have watched it for JCW anyways.

Actually it is Gabby who shoulders most of the 'heavy lifting' regarding the video translations, especially since I do not have the time nor capability to hardsub with my lousy work schedule (the Japanese interviews are more my forte). So throw all your accolades her way!!!  :X

Thanks @Cherkell and to Gabby aka @daegorr thanks a lot for all your effort and time in subbing JCW clips, translating articles, SNS and everything. You guys made it easier for all of us who don't know how to read Hangul and for all of us who are all eager to know more about JCW. 
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Guest sogazelle

Thank you everyone for posting all JCW's new pics and to Gabby for subbing his latest MBC interview.

I hope to see him soon in another great drama.

Actually the general population and those in education/politics in Korea are relatively conservative which accounts for the kind of shows that are on general broadcasting. The movie going population are a subset of the general population and of course thus more risqué if you will. Honestly, there were loads of articles about JCW's kiss with Kang Ha Neul, and made to sound salacious as the last article. I don't think it helps JCW career when it comes to getting having general popularity in Korea. Look at who is popular now.