Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

@cherkell said:  FIVE MORE DAYS! FIVE MORE DAYS! Ji Chang Wook returns to civilian life in FIVE MORE DAYS! *checks calendar* We should probably start packing soon! ✈️

As I write this it is now only 3 days so..........

Let me say in all seriousness and LITERALLY, yes start packing and YOU GO! GIRL.  :star:

Looks like K-actor Ji Chang Wook is not climbing aboard a spaceship headed for the star but will instead climb into a cryogenic pod to get frozen. The mere days from military discharge actor has confirmed his first army project as the K-drama Melt Me over the other offer to headline City of Stars. The drama is penned by the screenwriter Baek Mi Kyung of The Miracle We Met, Women of Dignity, and Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, and it’s the latter drama that I think sounds like what Melt Me is going for, a bit of fantasy in a humorous romance tale with some intrigue. Ji Chang Wook will played a variety show PD with exacting standards and impeccable looks who was supposed to be flash frozen for 24 hours in a stunt and end up defrosted 20 years later. He’ll wake up alongside the female lead who has also experienced the same thing, and together they find love while needing to keep their core temperature at 27.5 degrees Celsius. Sounds cool to me!

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/04/24/ji-chang-wook-confirms-strong-woman-do-bong-soon-writers-upcoming-romance-drama-melt-me/

On 4/24/2019 at 6:28 PM, Lilona said:

Will someone go to his discharge to Cheorwon? I'm going but alone and searching for some company

Looks like there's going to be many many many many people in attendance for the discharge ceremony.  The Kitchen will be in attendance, and hope to see you there!  (You can't miss me -- I'll probably will be the only red-haired Caucasian for miles around.  :lol: )

• Love 1

9 hours ago, cherkell said:

Looks like there's going to be many many many many people in attendance for the discharge ceremony.  The Kitchen will be in attendance, and hope to see you there!  (You can't miss me -- I'll probably will be the only red-haired Caucasian for miles around.  :lol: )

I will be with big gray banner xD

Whew!!!!  I can finally EXHALE.  I didn't really realize it, but I've been holding my breath for the last couple of days.  Not usually a superstitious person, but this time the Universe was dealing with very precious cargo. Now he is Free at last......free at last.

Can't wait for the first pics when he is in Civvies.  Then he'll REALLY be free and ready to resume a normal life, well normal for Ji Chang Wook anyway.  

Hello to @vladlola06 and @selen4ever, and @Lilona, and @mademoisellesiawho came to check in, give vital information and get vital information.  

Edit after 2 hours:  I've been to his many IG'ers fans' sites and have been overdosing on the many wonderful pictures and videos.  Like those videos posted above show, he is unscripted and make-up free and just GLEAMS with a genuineness that seems frightening in this day and age of anger, clannishness, and boorishness.  If anything, I am more overwhelmed now than I was when I stumbled on this treasure two+ years ago.  Sometimes life is just too good.

• Like 3

Hi guys :) 

I like jcw since he come runningman, then his drama are healer, the k2, suspicious partner, fabricated city (so far i watched this) but many more to go drama that i want to watch. :kiss_wink:  im so excited that he was discharged from army and im waiting his new upcoming project. I want he acting with song jihyo and lee dae hae (my girl) i hope so that they will chosen acting with him :blush: when he was in army, i searching all about him in youtube and watching all his video.. by the way, Im so happy that i found this forum and if anything has recent news about him, i can know about it. :kiss_wink: im so excited to reading all about jcw in this forum from page 1 untill latest. Keep supporting about him :heart:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Falah Haziq said:

by the way, Im so happy that i found this forum and if anything has recent news about him, i can know about it. :kiss_wink: im so excited to reading all about jcw in this forum from page 1 untill latest. Keep supporting about him :heart:

Welcome @Falah Haziq!  Glad you found this site and that you plan on reading about JCW from page 1 until now!  Starting at the beginning is the best thing to do.  That's what I did, too. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 3:11 PM, Mai Stars said:

Edit after 2 hours:  I've been to his many IG'ers fans' sites and have been overdosing on the many wonderful pictures and videos.  Like those videos posted above show, he is unscripted and make-up free and just GLEAMS with a genuineness that seems frightening in this day and age of anger, clannishness, and boorishness.  If anything, I am more overwhelmed now than I was when I stumbled on this treasure two+ years ago.  Sometimes life is just too good.

You could tell he was very nervous meeting the press, though.  That was highly unexpected (Mod: Inappropriate sentence deleted.).  Some of the closeups showed Our Boy needed a better shave.  Must have been way too happy to concentrate that morning!  :lol:

I think I need to revise the forum title now, no?  *YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY*

• Like 4

• cherkell changed the title to Ji Chang Wook (지창욱) - Actor/Musical Actor (New Projects Coming Soon!)
On 4/29/2019 at 4:30 AM, cherkell said:

You could tell he was very nervous meeting the press, though.  That was highly unexpected (and I wish evil death on a few of those reporters bugging him with inappropriate questions).  Some of the closeups showed Our Boy needed a better shave.  Must have been way too happy to concentrate that morning!

Funny thing about seeing those first videos, at least for those of us who depend on the goodwill of you wonderful translators, was that I had no idea what was being said by him or to him, but that nervousness was apparent. 

I chalked it up to his relief (and maybe giddiness?) at finally being out of the Army and back to real life.  But then he launched into what was obviously a prepared little discharge speech and made that first little blunder, which he gracefully recovered from, so my use of the phrase "unscripted" was a little tongue-in-cheek.  I didn't have a clue that the press was playing Gotcha! until a day or so later when translations began to appear.  Then "unscripted" took on a whole new meaning.  (Mod: Inappropriate sentence deleted.)

It was HIS day.  It was a rite of passage that could have been better protected and honored; his fans were there to do just that, to commemorate it properly and they succeeded!   Yeah, I get really solemn and serious about things like this, maybe because I come from military family.  Somehow the press has gotten the idea that it is standard practice to try to make news by just embarrassing someone; somehow that constitutes REAL news. /sarc   

Then on a lighter note:  Add to that being make-up free, in the brightest of sunlight, and even needing a better shave, proves that Ji Chang Wook is honestly attractive even in the most trying of circumstances, and not just physically.  Mind blown 10 times over.......Welcome back and thank you for your service.

On 4/29/2019 at 4:30 AM, cherkell said:

I think I need to revise the forum title now, no?  *YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY*

YUP! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Mai Stars said:

Now I join you in wishing evil death on the mediocrities in the press who can manage to screw up even the most innocent of events. 

It was HIS day.  It was a rite of passage that could have been better protected and honored; his fans were there to do just that, to commemorate it properly and they succeeded!   Yeah, I get really solemn and serious about things like this, maybe because I come from military family.  Somehow the press has gotten the idea that it is standard practice to try to make news by just embarrassing someone; somehow that constitutes REAL news. /sarc   

You can count me among you for this wish ...:ph34r:
I'm sorry to cut your text but that's exactly my feeling!
I'm a fan of Wookie and I was happy to celebrate his day!
I thought I was the only one to become angry and frustrated with these misplaced questions ...:vicx:
To believe that JCW is not even a single person who represents himself, who has his own fans and certainly doesn't need someone for his fans be interested by him and his work .
This situation become really penible...:angry:

Anyway, Can I add that this nervousness so visible made him even more cute? :D:D:D

• Like 2