Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Guest woofox333

@Cherkell  fina;;t the ost is out T^T

from chang wook's tweets i knew he's going to sing in the ost :')  aigoo can't wait to go hear it \o/ 

and happy birthday qtpie :3 your cake is so adorable *^* 

Guest sunshine4ever

class="content-title" Ji Chang Wook to Sing For “Five Fingers” OST pikapika       November 10, 2012

15eiddy.jpg

SBS weekend drama “Five Fingers’” leading man Ji Chang Wook will lend his voice to the official drama OST.

The “Five Fingers” OST already had songs from such seasoned artists as Lim Jung Hee, HOMME (Chang Min and Lee Hyun), GLAM, and Lim Jae Wook. Ji Chang Wook will sing the title song “To Fufill” for the album that will come out on November 10.

“To Fufill” is a ballad that enhances sorrowful emotion that comes from the drama. Its lyrics reflects Yoo In Ha’s sorrowful feelings of love for Hong Da Mi (Jin Sae Yeon). The song was composed by Lim Dong Gyoon and Kim Young Sung, who also contributed songs to the OSTs of MBC’s “Dr. Jin” and KBS’ “My Husband Got a Family.”

The combination of Ji Chang Wook’s touching and appealing voice and the beautiful string orchestra will move people’s hearts this winter.

Ji Chang Wook has been praised for his work in other OSTs such as SBS drama “Fighter Baek Dong Soo” and the musical “Thrill Me.”

“Finger Fingers” OST album will be released online at 8PM on November 10.

flip8i.jpg

English translation's source: http://www.soompi.com/2012/11/10/ji-chang-wook-to-sing-for-five-fingers-ost/

• 2 weeks later...

OH GOOD GRIEF!!!  Is there no other news in Korea that people should be talking about?  You have to put up something like this instead?  But it's news and I guess I should report it.  Sigh.  Does give me a reason to post this tableau again, so something good comes out of it... :x

Apparently the gossip making the rounds overnight was the dramatic weight loss that My Precious went through before starting to film "Five Fingers."  According to the reports, he dropped 10 kg (a little over 22 pounds) prior to the first day of shooting.  When JCW was filming "Warrior Baek Dong Soo" (first two pictures), he was so bulked up with muscle that he clocked in at a whopping 72 kg (almost 159 lbs.).  You can see the weight gradually going away as "Bachelor's Vegetable Store" was being filmed (and his February accident didn't help much either), but as of this report, he's now down to his biography weight of 63 kg (139 lbs.).  Geesus, for a 180 cm-tall guy, that's too freakin' thin!!!

201211211428361110_1.jpg

You can definitely see the gauntness of his face in the first couple of episodes after the adult cast was brought in, but I call NO WAY on a 22-lb. reduction.  And I am going to assume that this word didn't get out until now for two reasons:  (1) Joo Ji Hoon had gone through his own drastic weight loss regimen right after accepting his role (6kg / 13 lbs.), and JCW didn't want to upstage him for his comeback drama; or (2) something like this is going to drum up more viewers for the show's final episodes this weekend.  Granted, it's got people talking, as the netizens approve of the news saying that it has just enhanced his acting abilities and the subject is trending well on the usual webportals.  YOU be the judge!

But sweetie, come over to the States so I can feed you In-N-Out burgers and Pinkberry frozen yogurt.  Let's put some meat back on those bones, ne?  ;))

Original from newsen.com:  Ji Chang Wook's 10kg Weight Loss is Perfect for Drama

• Like 1

And even more news!  Does this boy ever sleep?!?  Even with 5F filming around the clock on its last episodes, Changwook-ssi has been tasked to participate in the SBS reboot of the Korean version of "We Are The World," entitled "Beautiful World."  Several K-pop stars (B.A.P., Secret, Insooni, Alex), other actors and athletes are also performing in this event at the request of the Korean Ministry of Knowledge and Economy as a public campaign to raise awareness about global warming's effect upon natural disasters.  The song itself and music video is set for release on 28 November (for FREE, so grab it when you can), with BTS footage to be dribbled out over the next few days.

But is it really wise to stick a 6' tall guy in the front row? :-/

JCWSaveTheWorld2_zpse90fa2ad.jpg  JCWSaveTheWorld_zps8e5e1cee.jpg

30000188207_zps0097ae6f.jpg

• Like 1

Cross-posted from the "Five Fingers" Forum:  Watching the raw of Episode 28 last week, I noticed Changwook-ssi's face welting up from that slap Chae Si Ra belted him with and thinking "did she really hit him that hard or is it makeup?"  In this BTS clip, I thought both of them were going to break down in sobs after the cameras stopped rolling.  Where he tells her to not hold back and slug him hard... wow.  It's just another example of how amazing these actors are at their craft.   And I can't stop crying now. :((

(credit to Amy from the Joo Ji Hoon Forum)
  • Like 1

Welp, that's a wrap people!  JCW's last scene for "Five Fingers" was filmed with Joo Ji Hoon at 4:10 AM on 25 November (yes, the same day the Finale Episode aired).  Here's some BTS shots of what ended up being a 14-take situation, since Our Boys couldn't stop giggling to get a proper take done.  But when everything finally calmed down and the last clapper sounded, they both broke down in tears and sat on the stage hugging each other for the longest time.  :(:(:((

So what's next for our little Warrior Chef Bachelor Pianist?  A few things, of course -- this boy never rests!!  More to follow shortly!!  :x

• Like 1

And here's one of the events Changwook-ssi has planned post-Five Fingers... MORE Five Fingers-related stuff!!  Because of the huge fanbase that both he and Joo Ji Hoon have in Japan, it was a no-brainer for Yein E/I (the production company for 5F) to sell the rights to the Show as soon as it started airing in Korea.  Here's the official announcement from DATV that it will begin airing on Sunday, 27 January 2013 at 9:00 PM (Japan Time) on their TBS channel.

5FJapanDATVAiring_zpsd058b345.jpg

Through his handlers at EMI Music Japan and in advance of the 5F airing, JCW also has a fan meeting tentatively scheduled for 21 January 2013 in Tokyo.  The meeting time and venue have yet to be decided (and since I already have plans to be in Japan at the end of April 2013, if I could, I would SO make room in my hectic schedule for such a trip!!!).

EMI Japan is promoting this appearance as the first time he will be able to meet with his Japanese fans in such a capacity, because he's receiving lots of press with his three prior dramas ("Smile, Donghae," "Warrior Baek Dong Soo" and Bachelor's Vegetable Store") all airing over there at present.  Other dates were discussed prior to January, but with the heavy filming schedule for "Five Fingers," a date was not able to be secured.

So I'm going to assume that the recent negotiations for his next show either fell through or have been pushed back a bit in order for him to make this fan meeting on 21 January -- he's always said that he doesn't want to get distracted during a drama filming and just concentrates on his character development, so any promotions outside of Korea were always postponed until he gave the word.

And yay that I understand Japanese much better than Korean, so there shouldn't be any translation problems coming out from these new promotions (チ・チャンウクis Ji Chang'uku in Kanji).  CHANGWOOK FIGHTING!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time to backfill this thread again!  Since 5 December was the first day measurable snowfall occurred in Seoul, JCW decided to tweet his troubles getting around The City today.  First picture was captioned "Had to abandon the car because it was stuck. On the bus now... I like this bus."  I am surprised that you can still see snowflakes all over his clothes with His Hotness in full force! :x

A9U1FKaCYAEMoA7jpg_large.jpg

The second one he added "Bus nicer, but stuck with lots of changes.  Bundang (Subway) Station now."  It is unclear whether he abandoned the bus ride because of the snow, but he was recognized on his short subway ride and a small melee developed.  That's what you get for being so famous now! 

A9VX25QCYAARYUqjpg_large.jpg
;))

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Argh.  Trying to backfill this thread is turning out to be harder than I thought.  First news first, I guess...

So much for our little Warrior Bachelor Chef Pianist taking a serious rest after finishing up "Five Fingers," since he's been cast in a new music video for the boy band SPEED's comeback with the songs "It's Over" and "Sad Promises."  And the latter one is another doozy in the $$$ department, as reports have the filming budget pegged at over 700M won (approximately $650,000 USD).  That's a HUGE chunk of change for a music video production!!!  The basic premise is of the Korean Student Revolutions that occurred in the early 1980's and features the styles worn during that time (which explains the whole school uniform and military costumes below).

20121216020420_0_zps774df127.jpg

The three-day filming just wrapped up around noon today (16 December) down in Hapcheon-gu (Gyeongsangnam Province, about 4 hours southeast of Seoul).  The MV also stars Park Bo Young (recently seen in "A Werewolf Boy") and Ha Suk Jin (who just finished up his run in "Standby" on MBC).  I guess we'll eventually figure out who's gonna be the Bad Boy in this mini-movie, but in looking at his Tweeted selca, let's hope he's the one doing the beating-up to get such a wound on My Precious's sweet face!!

A-Ib0OKCcAAKDk8_zps6a661fc2.jpg

BTS shots from today's final shooting:  JCW on the left, but I don't know who the guy is on the right.  Kinda looks like Choi Min Soo, ne? :)

A-MZXyICUAEWqKL_zps9d496347.jpg

The SPEED comeback is set for 9 January 2013.  CAN'T.  WAIT.  :x  :x  :x

• Like 1

More on the SPEED Music Video Premiere!  Official Posters were posted yesterday with the main cast (from left to right Hak Su Jin, Park Bo Young, Son Na Eun [from the girl group APink] and Ji Chang Wook):

201212211050220910_1_zpsfba74099.jpg

And in advance of the teaser of "Sad Promise" that will be released on 26 December 2012 at midnight KST, a Christmas Card was released by CCM with the main cast as well, passing on their Christmas and New Year's blessings!

N2012122411180970001_zps1f8c0d6a.jpg

And it looks like the full MV will be released two days earlier on 7 January instead.  Aw crap, is My Precious gonna be one of the dead ones?  NOOOOOOOOO!!!  With all that money spent on this beast, it had better be Daesang-worthy, dangit!!  :P

SPEEDVideoMontage_zps1ba0444b.jpg
  • Like 1

As we wait for news about the 2012 SBS Drama Awards Nominees, there's always other news to post about Changwook-ssi!  My Precious pretty much took up the entire SBS "Good Morning" program earlier today (27 December 2012) as their cameras followed him around his post-Five Fingers and pre-Christmas trip to Singapore.  Travelling with his best chingu of 10 years and his stylist, the segment started out watching him get prepped for a day of 5F shooting.  During the time he was being primped and pampered, he talked about going for a plastic surgery consultation earlier this year just for giggles and grins, but the doctor got too scared to recommend any procedures and said there was nothing JCW could do to himself since he was pretty much perfect.  As if we didn't know that already! :x

2012122709081706614_1_zpsebada2b7.jpg

And you probably have all heard the SHOCKING NEWS that His Hotness revealed during the SBS segment that he had been secretly dating up through the first week of filming for 5F.  BIG FREAKIN' DEAL.  I would have been more shocked if a hottie like him WASN'T dating.  But sadly, the online feeds jumped all over this "news" and overshadowed all the other interesting parts of the show, like how he tried to order drinks in English, but could only utter the word "six" before asking his friend to help out.  LOL LOL LOL!!!

27440762_zpsb267537d.jpg

They ended up having to cut the filming short on Bugis Street because the crowds were getting too much to handle without his normal security force around him, but the next segment showed the three of them virtually unmolested by fans at a seaside restaurant where JCW attempted again to order in English.

Since work is calling my name, I gotta go.  I'll add a second post a little later after I go through the 300 screencaps for appropriate pictures.  Be back soon!

• Like 1

Thanks@Cherkell... and I agree that it's more shocking when he says he isn't dating... I love his interview... he's so witty and cute
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font: inherit; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; visibility: visible;"Ji Chang Wook: “I Secretly Dated while Filming for ‘Five Fingers’”halves in unison December 27, 20123 CommentsJi Chang Wook: “I Secretly Dated while Filming for ‘Five Fingers’”

One of the leads in recently aired drama “Five Fingers,” Ji Chang Wook made a shocking confession.

He appeared on the December 27 broadcast of SBS’s talk show “Good Morning” in the special segment “Nation’s Son: Ji Chang Wook’s Trip to Singapore” where he shared that he secretly dated.

The VJ following the actor asked about his dating life and when he last dated. The star revealed that it happened recently- that he was secretly dating until the early stages of filming for “Five Fingers” to the surprise of the staff present.

Asked whether he will date publicly, Ji Chang Wook answered, “Even if I found love again, I will still date secretly. There are pros to dating in public, but there are also cons. For me, dating in secret is better.”

122712-jichangwook-inside.jpg

• Like 1

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em;"Ji Chang Wook tells that he was in a secret relationshipSTAR N NewsBy Kim Ji-Yi | STAR N News

• Ji Chang Wook tells that he was in a secret relationshipView Photo

Ji Chang Wook tells that he was in a secret relationship

Ji Chang Wook told that he was once in a secret relationshipo.

On 27th, Ji Chang Wook appeared on SBS 'Good Morning', and the broadcast showed him leaving on a trip to Singapore with his old friend.

Ji Chang Wook was asked about his past relationships, and he told that he has been in about six relationships so far. He said, "I first went out when I was in the 3rd year of high school."

When he was asked when his last relationship was, he said, "It was around when I just started 'Five Fingers'," and told that he was in a secret relationship.

Especially, he said, "I think I'll continue keep it secret if I get into a relationship. Surely, there are some good things about opening it to a public, but I think there are more bad factors. So, I think it's much better to keep it secret."

On the other hand, Ji Chang Wook said about his ideal type, "Someone that I feel comfortable to be with, similar in tastes, and open minded."

http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/ji-chang-wook-tells-that-he-was-in-003510319.html

• Like 1

FINALLY!!!  The SPEED music video teaser for "Sad Promise" is available!!  In a strange turn of events, Core Contents Media has asked that a 19+ rating be slapped on this due to the graphic violence and the subject matter dealing with the 18 May 1980 Gwangju Student Uprising, which resulted in over 2,000 deaths at the hands of government soliders.  History Lesson aside, it looks freakin' AWESOME!!!

20121228_speed_itsover_zpsc890c9c7.jpg

Geez, this is the second music video where he bites the dust.  Hope this doesn't become a trend!!! [-X
  • Like 1