Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

@cherkell 

"Wook has always said in many interviews that he does not want to be pigeonholed into one type of genre, and will 'take chances' whenever he can. ". THIS! THIS! Isn't it what he himself said? So why he is contradicting himself? Isn't it 3 back to back rom-coms with this now? You seem confident that this drama is something new on his CV, but so was Wook with MMS when it was going to air. Then nothing new or extraordinary happened in it. It could have but it didn't. There wasn't much to do for him as an actor.  But still, I will take your word and wait for this. You must have read the Webtoon hence you know more, so let's see.

Lord, I can never hope for the failure of his dramas even though I'm disappointed with this choice but yeah read most comments like that. *coughs dramabeans*. I for one knows that there can never be any season 2 of his previous dramas because of the way they ended and it shouldn't be. There is no meaning hoping for it. You can't mess with classics like Healer.

Personally, I hope his character is totally a villain/bad guy who dies in the end, if anything to prove that he's not "just a pretty face," as Wook's acting prowess is been vilified lately " - "MY WISH EXACTLY" This is what rom-coms do to him. They make him a pretty hot guy for his fangirls to drool on and throw in a shower scene to further tantalize them and some useless kissing scenes in between ignoring the story/acting completely. And yet, he's again in one of those. Hence I'm dejected.

Who cares about the age issue? I was the one rooting for Jeha and Yoojin in K2 who had almost 12+ age difference in and out of the show but it did not bother me!  So nope no problem here. But sadly, he's going to get bash throughout the drama because of this age thing, no matter how much we understand/ make others understand. Good luck WookB)

My only issue with him is his selection of scripts, in which I seriously don't know whether 'he only gets action or romance genre' or he only choose action or romance genre'.  I am not his manager so can't tell. Lol. 

Wouldn't it be nice to see him play a Doctor/ Journalist or a normal office guy or a Sports coach for once. A drama strictly legal/ political/medical without any unwanted romance with little humour in it. Him playing a father to some 5-6 year old will also do, provided the story is nice/well written.

All said, since this will be the only drama of Wook airing this year because of it's premiere in Fall ie. September, will have no choice but to watch it since I'm a fan!
Thanks for the thread invitation!:)

@TGMS49 Regardless of how you and I view, MMS was his 2nd bad drama after BVS because WOM never lies. The majority of those who disliked the drama surpasses the minority who liked it. I too enjoyed it, can say it's a one time watch but nothing special or worthy of JCW's calibre. That said I never once talked about the failure of MMS for the 2 comments I wrote above or disrespected your likes/favourites . My entire comment was on the genre of this drama. I don't know why were you quoting me that way.

@siddo the quote you are referring to was not from your comments. I said 'some people' said MMS was a failure. Those comments came from other websites. I am proud to be part of the minority and agree with you that it wasn't his best drama. I am moving on and hope we can have more discussions on other topics.

@TGMS49 Oh, I see! Since you mentioned it after quoting me, I misunderstood that you were referring to me. My apologies. Yes, I too look further to have more meaningful discussions about his drama in this and his drama threads. 

General comment: Where are all his other fans? :mellow:

On 2/8/2020 at 5:07 PM, siddo said:

General comment: Where are all his other fans? :mellow:

Hi everyone.  Sorry for the hit-and-runs over the past few weeks, but trial work has been hell and there is no time for frivolities like posting here. But our jury is finally out and deliberating, so I have a few hours to myself to catch up.

That's a good question.  Back in the day, Soompi was *the place* to share Korean entertainment news and views.  With the explosion of the Internet and now tons of other sites providing the same content (sometimes much more quickly), this business model is becoming a dinosaur.  Unless you're following several of the K-pop or K-drama threads on here, the actor/actress forums are merely collecting dust.  It's just not the same as when I first joined up in 2008.  Everyone and their dog considers themselves an "expert," and therefore, end up posting fake crap instead just for the clicks.  Because of the plethora of Korean entertainment content, and more fans learning Korean on their own, Soompi is not a required visit anymore.

The only reason I keep this thread alive is that I believe Ji Chang Wook should continue to have a presence on Soompi.  As one of the definitive Korean stars responsible for the international explosion of the Hallyu movement, he deserves to have one.  And I will keep posting news and translations as long as humanely possible because it is a true labour of love for me.  This thread may not have many physical posters these days, but we still have many readers.  And to those anonymous faces, hello and welcome.  Questions are always appreciated and I will do my best to answer. :wub:

Cherkell, all your efforts have made a difference for the fans of JCW.  Your contribution to posts and translations have made many JCW fans including myself.  THANK YOU...ARIGATO...MUCHAS GRACIAS...MAHALO!  Keep your sanity and stay healthy!