Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Even the hint of Chang Wook being in another drama so soon after leaving the Army is enough to make my day!  Thanks @cherkell for fielding the possibility.  But now you are gonna have many fans nagging you constantly for updates, me leading the pack (hint, hint).  If true, it means that his work ethic and mania for activity hasn't dwindled at all; still a firebrand who loves entertaining.  Speaking as a Ji-FAN,  life is sometimes too good...…:thumbsup::mrgreen:.  That and the Dispatch bullet got dodged.  LOL (she laughed, nervously.)

Edit added 1-22-19 Tuesday:  Well we are definitely under 100 days now; maybe 95 or so.  Even though time is short and so many amazing things are on the horizon, I am finding it hard to move on from the attractive IG's, YouTubes, and pictures from the Shinheung Interlude, as I now will call it.  For about a year it was what defined Ji Chang Wook. So much of it added to his mystique, and gave added insight into his way of interacting with those around him.  Just to review, here is a GIF from the first press meeting that got a preview of Shinheung and Chang Wook.  Just something simple.  Credit as tagged. https://youtu.be/qJNwsl4l728.  Then there was the short musical section from NCTV of a short JCW vocal.  https://youtu.be/MWMO1pdCCeM.  Knocks me out everytime I hear it or see it.  

shinheung-topstarnews.gif

The following is a GIF, a little longer, revealing JCW and his interaction with his castmates onstage during a performance called Arirang Hope.  I pulled it from a YouTube, but for the life of me, I cannot find the original source now!  The logo of the creator remains on the face of my GIF, so credit where credit is due.  See under the spoiler.  Enjoy.

Spoiler

ariranghopeconcert1cropped.gif

Chang Wook takes care of his men!  To the young man on his right he indicates job well done by a pat on the back.  To the young man behind him he gives his famous (from Suspicious Partner) chuck under the chin, much to the guy's delight.  Then there is some other banter with Sunggyu to his left.  Short, sweet, but very revealing as to his character and grace under pressure and just all around professionalism.  Charming, as always.

I love that picture above posted by @cherkell showing Chang Wook wearing a mask that completely fails to disguise him, and if anything makes his distinctive face even more attractive in contrast.  Also, it gave me some ideas because what JCW is doing in the picture above is another example of his inspired insanity.  So, what's a girlfan like me to do except compose a fanvideo combining a long ago hit from the late, great song stylist and vocalist, Phoebe Snow singing her composition Inspired Insanity to illustrate the Army short-timer's  Ji Chang Wook in some of his inpired and insane past public offerings.  Also it is my absolute conviction that in the next few coming months fans will once again be treated to his most inspired insanities, or any other video collection thereof.  Yay!!  Please enjoy....

• Thanks 1

Here is something I was just doodling with to pass the time, the VERY short time, until Soldier Ji becomes just plain old Citizen/Actor Ji again.  Please enjoy.

whoneedshollywoodwithgif-2.gif

For those who aren't sure what G.I. in the above picture stands for, it is short for a soldier in the US Army~a G.I.~Government Issue. Some of you may remember that there was, quite a few years ago, a popular doll (no, action figure) called GI JOE.   And yes, I constructed this whole scenario just because I wanted to show off K2Krome Ji.  Didn't he turn out great? I may do more of those K2 people.......

• LOL 1

As @cherkellhas shown Soldier Sargeant Ji is now a Korea Military Manpower Association Goodwill Ambassador, a well-deserved honor, I'm sure, but I'm also sure it is probably one he never expected or wanted to get.  Or maybe I'm just reading my own doubts into things.  I guess this means that it will be a long time before the ROK decides to take a chance on a volunteer army.  I was reading recently that another country with a conscription military force who has had theirs for as long as SKorea has, is working towards a volunteer force.  When those pushing for change polled the county's citizens the result was something like 90% to keep conscription.  Then those pushing for reform showed statistics that only 20% of conscriptees actually trained for combat or warfare.  The other 80% wound up in other non-combat positions like librarians or in MUSIC......ahem!  After this information when the citizens were again polled their view had changed considerably; they now were in favor 75% for a volunteer military force.

I'm still looking at the breadth and depth of his achievements in only 11 1/2 years!  He has created many memorable, unique characters like those pictured here.  Can't wait for what gems he will create in the future.

worldofjinotplanet.gif