Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

class="entry-title"Ji Chang-wook Cast in Ha Ji-won’s New Historic Series Posted on 2013/09/10 by Lee Hye Ji

Ji Chang-wook

Korean actor Ji Chang-wook. [Glorious Entertainment] 

Actor Ji Chang-wook has confirmed to join upcoming MBC epic starring Ha Ji-won and Joo Jin-mo.

Ji will take on a role of Sunje, the 16th emperor of the Yuan Dynasty of China, and form a love triangle with Ha and Joo’s characters in the historic drama tentatively titled “Empress Qi,” MBC announced through a press release Tuesday.

“Ji is the perfect fit for the role of Sunje since he has enough potential to lead the 50-part series and experience in historic series ‘The Warrior, Baek Dong-soo’,” an official with the drama’s producing firm Lee Kim Production was quoted as saying.

Born as the crown prince, the young khan suffers lots of hardships from early childhood after losing the imperial throne to his younger brother. He plays immature to save his life but holds deep anger inside him.

Set to premiere on October 21 after “Goddess of Fire” ends its run, “Empress Qi” is a 50-part epic about wise and attractive empress named Qi (Ha), the ancient-Korea-born empress who later becomes the ruler of the Yuan Dynasty of China.

Ji Chang-wook, who first appeared in the small screen in 2008, came into the limelight in KBS’s 2010 daily series “Smile Again” and SBS’s 2012 revenge drama “Five Fingers.”

Reporter. Lee Hye-ji hjlee@tenasia.co.kr

Courtesy of Glorious Entertainment

ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.

Our little Bachelor Warrior Chef Pianist Emperor sure has a busy schedule coming up now that he's been casted for "Empress Ki."  The poster shoot for the new drama started on 11 September, this weekend are the final roadshow performances of "The Days" on Jeju-do (14 and 15 September), and he returns to Seoul to begin filming for the previews.  Somewhere in between, he's sandwiching in yet another modelling shoot for a clothing brand.  Ah, to be young and able to do a million things at once. *sigh*

But what was just announced this morning was the touring company of "Jack The Ripper" scheduled for performances in Yokohama, Japan during the month of November!  And what an all-star cast too -- virtually everyone who's played a part in the past has been invited to join this Special Production, and Chang-wook's appearances are set for the two shows on 16 November 2013:

jtr_cast_02_zps205de99f.jpg

Here's hoping he gets a chance to rest his voice after this weekend and get that throat back in shape!  JIBAEUNIM FIGHTING!!! :X

He's just racking up the nominations right and left this year!!  It was just announced that My Precious has received yet another nod for Best Rookie Actor at the 19th Annual International Musical Awards (not to be confused with the 7th Annual Korea Musical Awards held earlier this year on 7 June). 

Creation
The other nominees in his category are Yoon So-ho ("Goddess is Watching"), Jeon Dong-seok ("Months' Embrace"), Jeong Dong-ha ("Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"), Jo Kwon ("Jesus Christ Superstar"), and that other guy ("The Days").

New man

Other nominees for "The Days" include Best Creative Musical (already won at the other show), Best Creative Musical Director (Jang Yu-junga also took at the last awards show), and 6 additional cast members sprinkled amongst the other nominees:

Musical Table -
Lower

The 19th Korea Musical Awards will be held on 7 October 2013 in the Hall of Peace at Kyunghee University and will be broadcast live on SBS beginning at 17:20 PM KST.  You know I'LL be up early to watch!! :X

STILL NO WORD on anything newsworthy for the airing of "Secret Love" or any new press for "Empress Ki" just yet.  I'm thinking that the MBC production is running at a bare minimum as the country winds down for Chuseok this week.  But a scheduling change for "Jack the Ripper" has him back on that stage for performances on the 26, 27 and 28 September.  When is he EVER going to rest his voice, dammit?!?!? X( X( X(

EDIT:  My bad... I forgot to post the Twitter picture from last week in between his last performances of "The Days" down in Jeju-do. The DayRockers always make sure he and the cast are fed and watered regularly. :P

BULXPzTCYAEhhTujpglarge_zps0fa3b043.jpg

And thanks to a chingu in Seoul, I was treated to a BTS photo from his shoot for the July 2013 InStyle Magazine.  Such a production to make one guy look so handsome, no? :X

web_2950640945_1bdf016b_image_zpse2bcd18

The first script reading was held for "Empress Ki" on 29 August 2013 at the MBC studios in Yeouido, but this picture was taken at the reading for the Episode 3 script last week, where My Precious continues looking ever the Fashion Plate. (Actually, he's protecting his hairstyle for his performance in 'Jack the Ripper' later that evening.)

BVFsLHQCQAAd0dD_zps25661356.jpg

The Full Cast:

20130926_1380181451_44979700_1_zps9520df

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy everyone!  Finally found some breathing room to update Le Forum ici.  Oh golly, where do I start... ?

Third time was not a charm for Changwook-ssi, as he lost out on his Male Rookie Award to Jeon Dong-seok at the Korea Musical Awards on 7 October.  I stayed up all night just to see all the red carpet attendees, and I noted his glaring absence exactly at the same time he tweeted his support for the cast and crew of "The Days" because he was off filming in Gwangju Province that day.  But it was a good day for the production, as "The Days" won for Best Director, Best Music Director, and the most important... Best Creative Musical.  Chukahaeyo Geunaldeul!!! =D>

816046_0-550699_58200_zps33165172.jpg

Then finally also coming to a close was his turn in "Jack the Ripper" for its Seoul run at the D-Cube Event Centre in Gangnam.  His next-to-last performance on 28 September included a lottery meet-and-greet after the show.  Here's some cast shots from that event:

11091161110C117511AB_231_1107116911A8110
11091161110C117511AB_234_1107116911A8110
11091161110C117511AB_238_1107116911A8110

More in a bit.  Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i like Ji Chang-wook.

I first saw him in 'Smile, Dong Hae' which was my first kdrama.I watched it on KBS World. I was switching through channels on my tv and i saw that my operator started a new channel KBS World. Smile, Dong Hae was playing at that time and i watched it curiously. I liked what i saw. I watched the drama for about 100+ episodes and then dropped it(i dropped the first ever kdrama that i saw :P ) because i was so irritated by the mom Anna.

Anyway, going through news about Empress Ki brought the memories back of JCW and that drama. I still remember those days of wanting to go back home from college as soon as possible so that i could watch that drama :-)

I think JCW is one of the best actors of young generation and deserve more recognition. I hope he do a rom-com in future(like with Hong sisters) so that more people recognize this amazing actor and beautiful man.

HappyAnniversaryJCW_zps7a471460.jpg

Minasan konichiwa!!!  Today is 23 October 2013 in California, and you know what that means!  (No, it's not because it's Wednesday, you sillies.)  We celebrate 23 October as the Debut Anniversary for our Warrior Chef Bachelor Pianist Bodyguard Emperor!  It was on 23 October 2008 when "Sleeping Beauty" was released in Korea, giving us Ji Chang-wook being thrust into the world in his first acting role.  I remember seeing the film at one of the many Asian International film festivals I frequented back in the day, and even though JCW was on screen for only 25 minutes or so, noticed that he had such raw potential just waiting to break free.  A few internet searches later to figure out who he was in real life, and I was smitten.  The rest is history. :D

anniversary_060_zpsd08220ff.gif

So here's to you, Our Little Changwookie!  After several 'missed connections,' it was such a pleasure and a dream to finally meet you in person back in June!  Here's wishing for many more years of seeing your smiling face on screen and in print -- with 'Empress Ki' looming ahead, show the viewing public what you're made of and work hard at attaining your goals!  We're in support of you 10000%!!

A2HcAb1CEAIIfHQpng_large_zpsbb3fdc79.png

우리 지배우씨 축하합니다화이팅!!!
Uri Jibaewooshi chukahamnida!  Fighting!!

Guest naruto00

class="cb b15" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; border: 0px; font-size: 27px; outline: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); letter-spacing: -0.5px; clear: both; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“Empress Ki” Impresses With Its Glamorous Costumes And Propsmbbr.jpg
ecaa.jpg
45pf.jpg

Many are anticipating MBC's new historical drama "Empress Ki", from actress Ha Ji Won's portrayal as the titular role, to the beautiful scenes and sets that the drama is sure to offer its viewers.

On October 27, stills of Ha Ji Won and and Ji Chang Wook were shown wearing glamorous and elegant clothes that truly befit their characters' royal status. From their golden headpieces and long flowing robes, to the background and props that give of an authentic historical feel, many viewers expressed their appreciation for the drama's regard to detail.

According to representatives from the drama, "More that the effort dedicated to the scenes, the cast and crew of the drama deserve more recognition. Even after long hours of shooting, main cast Ha Ji Won and Ji Chang Wook remained professional and didn't even show that they were tired. With their charming energy and comfortable chemistry with each other, everyone was able to successfully film and create great scenes, which viewers can see in the first episode."

It's an advantage that the actress herself is a fan of historical dramas. In the drama's press conference, Ha Ji Won expressed, "I really like historical romances. When I starred in my first period piece, 'Damo,' we filmed in very beautiful spots throughout Korea and I was able to enjoy the pleasure of being on set and gazing at the stars at night."

"Empress Ki" is about a woman who reigns the Yuan Dynasty, as well as battles she overcomes and the love she is to experience along the way. Set for 50 episodes, the drama is written by Jang Young Chul and Jung Kyung Soon, who started writing the drama way back in 2008 after watching a documentary about Empress Ki.

Catch the first episode on October 28 at 10pm (KST).

Source: Kdramastars