Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

yoona + ji chang wook snuggle up for vogue korea

k2v4

These two have natural, effortless chemistry which I hope the production team of The K2 milks to the max. Yoona and Ji Chang Wook shoot a pictorial for Vogue Korea, all mussed up, all messed up, all loved up. Cute how Ji Chang Wook wraps Yoona in his overcoat. Can’t wait to see the full pictorial when the issue hits the stands.

Spoiler

k2v1

Spoiler

k2v3

Spoiler

k2v2

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/09/21/yoona-ji-chang-wook-snuggle-up-for-vogue-korea/

*** Here's another long trailer from "The K2"

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/09/21/the-k2-releases-long-trailer/

Ji Chang Wook Comes To YoonA’s Rescue In “The K2” Stills

Spoiler

Ji Chang Wook Comes To YoonA’s Rescue In “The K2” Stills

Ji Chang Wook and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA are making a powerful return with “The K2”!

On September 21, Ji Chang Wook’s agency Gloria Entertainment released stills for the tvN drama “The K2” on their official Facebook page, while the drama’s official Twitter also revealed more stills. The photos show the actors on set as the bodyguard Kim Jae Ha and the president’s hidden daughter Go Ahn Na.

Spoiler

The K2

Spoiler

The K2 3

Ji Chang Wook’s character Kim Jae Ha is a mercenary who becomes a JSS special bodyguard with cold judgement and martial arts skills. However, by meeting a young woman (YoonA’s character), he slowly learns to understand new emotions.

Spoiler

The K2 2

Spoiler

The K2 4

Ji Chang Wook previously revealed that this drama would be his last action drama, while YoonA revealed why she chose this role. The drama “The K2” will be airing its first episode on September 23, 8 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

Edited by Tinkiebell
If you have more than 2 or 3 images/videos, depending on the size, please put them inside the spoiler tags to keep the thread easy to navigate.
  • Like 1

음성듣기

Ji Chang-wook poses during a press conference, Tuesday. 
/ Yonhap

16-03(504).jpg

By Park Jin-hai

Cable channel tvN, which has built a strong reputation in various drama genres, will this week launch another venture -- "The K2."

The new "bodyguard action" thriller, starring Ji Chang-wook and Girls' Generation's Yoona, has sparked viewers' expectations as a mini-action film for the small screen, with more lively fight scenes and dazzling visual effects.

"The K2" adopts time-slice photography for the first time in a TV drama, the same camera technique the famous Hollywood action flick "The Matrix" used in the flying bullet scene. 

The drama is about bodyguard Kim Je-ha, played by Ji, and his fateful meeting with an isolated young woman, Goh An-na, played by Yoona.

Ji is a former mercenary under the JSS special forces who is hired as a bodyguard for a presidential candidate. Yoona is his love interest, the illegitimate daughter of the candidate.

"On top of Ji's splendid action, the drama will tell the story of insatiable desire and political fights between people holding secrets of their own," said director Kwak Jung-hwan, during a press conference for the drama at Imperial Palace Hotel in southern Seoul, Tuesday. "It will be a drama where the actor's performance will stand out the most."

The drama will involve many fight scenes, combining Russian combat martial arts, Japanese aikido, Korean taekwondo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

"I practiced martial arts a lot for the fight scenes," said Ji, who decided not to use a stunt double for the drama. "Although it has been one of the hardest roles I've been in physically, I believe that it will give me a chance to portray a more masculine person with deeper emotions compared to my previous role in action thriller Healer."

Singer-actress Yoona has a much darker role in the drama, a clear departure from her previous bright and cheerful characters.

"Instead of minding others' views, I aim to try to do new things," Yoona said. "Since I have played bright characters, I've been more intrigued by this An-na character. I have great expectations of my new role."

The first episode of "The K2" airs on tvN at 8 p.m. Friday.

credit 

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2016/09/201_214457.html

Guest rainmoon

Hi Guys,

Just a reminder about Soompi Forum rules:

4. Do not quote pictures or long posts.   Instead, remove images in your quotes. Quotes do not count towards the 20-character limit rule. If you're going to quote a picture or post, say something about it. If a quote is too long (more than 10 lines), only quote a subsection of the text. Quoted pictures set in spoiler tags are considered a violation as well.  

5. Do not post consecutively (one after another).  Do not post one picture per post or one quote per post in addition to posting several times in a row to bump your post count or keep a thread on the first page of the forum. Simply edit your previous post.

**** Please also put multiple pictures in spoiler tags, as some users have a difficult time loading the page ****

[Event] Ji Chang Wook heads to Taiwan for EOS event

2016092225162031.jpg?w=900&h=1307

Oh gosh, someone looks very, very tired here.  As we previously reported, Ji Chang Wook will be attending an EOS China promotional event on 22 September in Taiwan, and also meet with some local fans who were chosen from a lucky draw held a few months ago.  The press must have been caught off guard as well, as only a few photographers and fans were able to catch Wook departing at the crack of dawn from Incheon International Airport.

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/09/22/event-ji-chang-wook-heads-to-taiwan-for-eos-event/

• Like 4

20 hours ago, czakhareina1 said:

Hi czakhareina, thanks for sharing this.  Tomorrow is the D-DAY! Hurry up! We could get to see some intense action scenes now.  Every bit of "The K2" updates get us excited.  The stills where we see his long hair I think this might be a flashback scene, considering he has shorter hair for the rest of the drama. NICE stills.............that we see so far. This sure has me very excited! :P

• Like 1

[V Report Plus] Ji Chang-wook, Yoona promotes ‘The K2’ live

Actor Ji Chang-wook and Yoona, a member of Girls‘ Generation and actress, appeared at Naver V App to promote their upcoming action series “The K2” live on Tuesday.

After picking one another as the ideal type among the Girls’ Generation members and actors she had acted with, Ji and Yoona spoke about their characters in the forthcoming series.

When asked about the darkness that the two characters -- a reclusive girl Go An-na and her bodyguard Kim Je-ha -- carry and how different they in real life, both agreed that “the darkness is part of (his or her) personality in nature.”

They also improvised the most memorable scenes for Naver V App viewers, but burst into laughter while they were reenacting a scene where Yoona yells at Ji to “shoot her mother.”

Spoiler

(Naver V App)

The pair also explained some of the stills from the set and a fan event where they answered questions via the Naver V App chat room. By the end of the live show, it earned some 700,000 likes.

Naver’s real-time broadcasting app V allows fans to interact with their favorite K-pop stars through live broadcasts. The app is available for Android and iOS. For more information, visit http://www.vlive.tv.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

Spoiler

• Like 2

September 22, 2016

Yoona and Ji Chang-wook keep couple concept for Vogue

Girls‘ Generation member Yoona and actor Ji Chang-wook played up to their on-screen romance for the October issue of Vogue.

Yoona and Ji, who are the stars of the upcoming tvN drama “The K2,” demonstrated their romantic chemistry while sporting a collection of fall apparel.

Spoiler

(Vogue)

The on-screen couple posed intimately, while staring deeply at each other and at the camera.

Vogue managed to bring an Autumn-esque atmosphere to the photoshoot, with the brown-orange background and dull tone filter.

Their upcoming drama “The K2” follows the story of Kim Jae-ha (played by Ji), a mercenary and JSS special bodyguard with a cold heart and killer instinct, who meets Go Ahn-na (played by Yoona) and slowly learns how to understand new emotions. It is scheduled to air on Saturday.

(Vogue)

(Vogue)

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

Spoiler

• Like 2

[Magazine] Vogue Korea October 2016 issue – Ordinary Miracle

vogueoct-003.jpg?w=600&h=400

Ji Chang Wook and YoonA who are preparing for their drama “The K2” chose the keyword “change”.  A miracle in life can also happen in a sincere heart that wants to protect someone. What could the both of them wish to protect?

It was midnight. The mood of a calm night filled the studio as the world slept. This was the only time that the two leads of tvN drama, Ji Chang Wook and YoonA, could gather at one place. In between the busy preparations for filming, the two needles of the clock that met at 12 started moving further apart once again. YoonA, who appeared with flowing brown hair and dressed in a simple white shirt, had a face like it was 11am in the morning.

While YoonA was having boneless chicken to recharge herself after spending all the energy she had for that day, Ji Chang Wook entered the studio. Although he hasn’t lost his handsome looks, he definitely had a face that looked like 1.30am at dawn. He had lived the past week like it was two weeks. For filming, he broke the glass window of a building, got into a gang fight, and rolled again and again. He then stood on stage for the musical “The Days”, and made time to even go to China for a fan meeting. He also has a meal gathering tomorrow, no, today. While thinking that the only thing he can do for that would be to end work (not in the morning) earlier, Ji Chang Wook, who appeared after changing into a pair of wide pants, showed a face that looked like 11am in the morning again. “Do I look like the Pigeon Lady in ‘Home Alone’? It really seems like pigeons will come out from my pants. I’m not lonely. Hahaha.”

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/09/22/magazine-vogue-korea-october-2016-issue-ordinary-miracle/

• Like 2

[Instagram/Weibo Update] 22 September 2016

Instagram:

반가웠어요 또만나요!!!

It was nice meeting you, see you again!!!

Weibo:

#咦噢爱死池昌旭#大家好
今天的活动顺利结束了!! 我们下次再见 [爱你]
@eos伊欧诗

#aiyo love Ji Chang Wook# Hello everyone
Today’s event has ended successfully!! Let’s meet next time [爱你]
@eos伊欧诗

Spoiler

• Like 3

[Event/CF] Ji Chang Wook attends EOS China press conference in Taiwan

aaf73318gw1f82mo9uxmsj21kw2d8aqc.jpg?w=9

Ji Chang Wook made a whirlwind visit to Taipei today as an ambassador of cosmetics brand EOS China. He met the media at a closed-door press conference held at the Mandarin Oriental Taipei in the afternoon.  As he is now busy with filming for the drama “The K2”, he barely had 40 minutes of sleep before flying to Taiwan. He reportedly looked tired, but he still wore a smile on his face nonetheless, showing his professionalism.

With lip balm being EOS’s main product, questions at the press conference were inevitably related to all things to do with the lips. Asked whose lips are his favourite among the female actresses he has worked with, he said, “All the female actresses I worked with took very good care of their lips. But if I were to pick one now, I think YoonA will be the smartest choice!”

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/09/23/eventcf-ji-chang-wook-attends-eos-china-press-conference-in-taiwan/

• Like 4

[Instagram Update] 23 September 2016

안녕하세요. 저희 드라마 the k2 많이 사랑해 주세요

#점 #포청천 #나의재능 #발견 #채팅남 #윤아 #점그려도 #윤아 #나는 #점이 #점점 #커지는듯 #걱정이 #태산

Hello. Please love our drama The K2

#mole #Justice Bao #my talent #discovery chatting man #yoona #even though drawn #yoona #my #mole #slowly #gets bigger #full of worry

*Justice Bao is a famous Chinese character with a mole on his forehead

• Like 1

[Instagram/Weibo Update] 26 September 2016

Instagram:

#호러 #thek2 #지켜보고 #있다 #위장경호는 #이렇게

#horror #thek2 #I am #watching #disguised bodyguard #like that

Weibo:
Wo zai nali? lai zhao zhao wo!! The K2!! [笑cry]

Where am I? Find me!! The K2!! [笑cry]

Ji Chang Wook Reveals Why He And YoonA Couldn’t Help But Become Close

Ji Chang Wook Reveals Why He And YoonA Couldn’t Help But Become Close

Ji Chang Wook and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA, the stars of tvN’s Friday-Saturday drama “The K2,” will be appearing on the tvN talk show “Taxi.”

Ji Chang Wook revealed his thought process in choosing acting projects, and how he came to star in “The K2.” He said, “Luckily, I’ve had a lot of offers. When I get a script, my first thought is if I can play the role well and do it with character. In the case of ‘The K2,’ I immediately thought that it would be fun. The relationships between the characters are interesting, too, so I had a lot of fun filming.”

Mentioning the difficulty of the action scenes and training, Ji Chang Wook said he has decided that this is his last action drama.

ji chang wook yoona taxi the k2

YoonA, seated next to Ji Chang Wook in the taxi, likewise said that she has considered a lot of roles. “I wanted to pick a role that’s perfectly suited for me, and with this drama, rather than thinking it was something I could do well, I thought, ‘I have to do this.’ That’s how attractive it was to me.”

When the host comments that the two look close, Ji Chang Wook reveals that they became closer in Spain, where they had gone to film “The K2.” He said, “We met for the first time for this drama. Honestly, I’m pretty shy, but there’s a reason why we couldn’t help but get closer.” Ji Chang Wook explained, “We had some intimate scenes scheduled for filming in Spain, and it would be awkward if we weren’t close, so the director told us it’d be better if we got to know each other. So when we got to Spain, I asked YoonA to have coffee with me and we talked a lot. After that we naturally got much closer.”

This episode of Taxi airs on September 27 at 8:40 p.m.

Source (1) / soompi news

*** In cable dramas, 1% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. :P

What will Ji Chang Wook and Yoona do if The K2 breaks ratings records?

0c575bf0-f019-48b0-aa4d-78fbd22a3dc2.png

Thrilling new action and mystery drama The K2 is off to a great start. What do the stars Ji Chang Wook and Yoona promise to do when their new drama breaks ratings records? They actually made two promises and already have to deliver on the first one.

If the ratings exceeds 3% in South Korea, the two adorable stars will invite three lucky fans to visit the filming site and watch the filming. They'll take photos together, and the fans will received signed photos.

If the drama reaches 5%, they promise to invite 100 fans for coffee. Yoona will personally serve the coffee. The lucky fans will also get to take photos with the stars together and received autographs.

Spoiler

After the series opened with its first riveting episodes during the weekend, the actors already have to deliver on the first promise. 

Episodes 1 and 2 received 3.2% and 3.4% respectively in South Korea. For comparison, these ratings are actually higher than Cinderella and Four Knights, the current top drama for international viewers, according to DramaFever's Weekly Top 10 K-dramas.

5686a90e-3fa2-4c5d-b334-537efd2fca41.png

Isn't that exciting?

Wouldn't you want to visit the filming site or have coffee with Ji Chang Wook and Yoona?

The K2 is on air only at DramaFever now. Let's help Ji Chang Wook and Yoona deliver their promise!

source ; dramafever

Spoiler

Ji Chang Wook is asking for your love! Will you give it to him?

101860d2-8e2e-4f0b-9d90-4de6f75316a9.jpg

Currently, at the DramaFever office, we are experiencing a bit of an oppa overload. And nope, we aren't complaining. There is Jung Il WooAhn Jae Hyun and Lee Jung Shin from Cinderella and Four Knights, Jo Jung Suk and Go Kyung Pyo from Jealousy Incarnate, and now Ji Chang Wook from The K2. And Ji Chang Wook has been killing it with his shirtless photos, action scenes and that adorable smile, so when the actor politely asked us for some love via Instagram, how could we refuse?!

Posing with his co-star, Yoona, the actors pulled on their most serious expressions, whipped out some black mole (no clue what the significance for that is),  and took to Instagram with the following message, "Hello. Please give lots of love to our drama, The K2."

Tell us that isn't adorable! 

Have you watched the first two episodes of The K2? Watch them exclusively on DramaFever!

source :dramafever

Yoona and Ji Chang Wook kick off The K2 with a massive premier party

1af4e1a3-aa74-4934-9ff3-03a85bc00d26.jpg

While The K2 quietly sneaked up on DramaFever viewers over the weekend, in South Korea, fans were treated to a massive premier party! 

Ji Chang Wook and Yoona, along with the entire cast and crew of The K2, treated excited fans to a massive viewing party. Hosted at Seoul's CGV cinema, hundreds of excited fans were invited to watch the first episode of the drama. If you missed the party (like us :(), fret not, for we have all the pictures from the party!

Spoiler

635f6fb7-1cd3-45a7-9a2a-957b7d25eadc.jpg

We love how excited, Yoona and Song Yoon Ah are!

fb55b2a5-e834-4241-95f1-6cfed1acfeba.jpg\

We love how the co-stars put on their Sunday best for the preview!

1d60c711-996c-4178-8ea5-903cfbca7bec.jpg

feb461ee-bf71-4a8d-9486-53cd1bff8570.jpg

source : dramafever

Spoiler

***  JCW has never disappointed me. His cable drama managed to fulfill expectations that it would sweep weekend TV viewer ratings. According to Nielsen Korea, “The K2” topped weekend viewer ratings with an impressive 3.8% on the premiere and 4% on EP2.  Also, the drama gained positive reviews. :P

Ji Chang Wook Glorious entertainment The K2 collection

13438856_1638456573113175_8551636337850947020_n.jpg

14232420_1635058966786269_7842410219344568852_n.jpg

14264113_1635058926786273_8418091613786822872_n.jpg
Spoiler
14292251_1635058910119608_1977199900617186039_n.jpg

14333186_1638456476446518_5899006133635673050_n.jpg

14333614_1638175156474650_4359323037500138818_n.jpg

14344244_1638456623113170_6221991327323739768_n.jpg

14344791_1638456536446512_5154310090734697086_n.jpg

14344940_1638456499779849_1806141761862949188_n.jpg

14355721_1638175203141312_2938803796196636806_n.jpg

14370121_1638456319779867_2209486402949602660_n.jpg

14390767_1638456416446524_4139285270943509211_n.jpg

14433198_1638175183141314_9079522823533224479_n.jpg

14440818_1638175233141309_6619269943649386186_n.jpg

14440930_1640450539580445_5143495765891188148_n.jpg

14449728_1640450569580442_7730032975519796165_n.jpg

14463201_1640450606247105_7931347103639260602_n.jpg

14470377_1640450579580441_8124163104011046941_n.jpg

14492397_1640450629580436_6368626686899215905_n.jpg

14495243_1640450519580447_3223274651408800457_n.jpg

14500322_1640450492913783_6631930386951056088_o.jpg

source : http://sunshineemine.blogspot.com/2016/09/ji-chang-wook-glorious-entertainment-k2.html

Spoiler

• Like 1

Ji Chang Wook talks about the sweet thing he did for his family

ji-chang-wook
'The K2's Ji Chang Wook and YoonA were the passengers who boarded on the September 27 airing of 'Taxi,' chatting it up with the MCs.  During the episode, Ji Chang Wook revealed, "Our home wasn't well-off. I wasn't competent at anything and didn't make much money.  My mother worked her fingers to the bone running a restaurant and her health wasn't all that great." Thankfully, things are a bit different now that Ji Chang Wook has risen to popularity, making that bank both for himself and his mother! When MC Lee Young Ja asked, "Among the gifts you presented to your mother, what are you most proud of?" the actor answered, "My mother likes cash the best. What I'm most proud of is that I paid off all the debts of my household. It was meaningful [to me]."   Ji Chang Wook added that he's purchased a home for his family, saying, "It's still a lease though."

ji-chang-wook_1474995423_1.jpg
Credit:  allkpop
  • Like 5