Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Ji Chang Wook Makes Ratings Promise For Upcoming Chinese Drama

Ji Chang Wook Makes Ratings Promise For Upcoming Chinese Drama

Actor Ji Chang Wook has made fans a promise about what he’ll do if his new show does well in the ratings!

On July 14, Ji Chang Wook took part in a press conference in Beijing for his new Chinese drama, “Whirlwind Girl 2” (working title). During the press conference, he showed off his strength by lifting a female co-star up and down again several times, and also showed off his taekwondo skills.

ji chang wook

Ji Chang Wook also confessed his love for hot pot, and said that he loves to exercise. The host teased him that he sounded as though he as introducing himself at a blind date, and Ji Chang Wook replied, “It’s true, I’m working really hard on introducing myself right now. It’s similar to being on a blind date, because I’m really hoping that you all will like me.”

When asked who his ideal type is, Ji Chang Wook replied, “Someone who can always love me, no matter what I look like at the time.”

Spoiler

Ji Chang Wook’s co-star, actor and singe Chen Xiang, announced that he’ll release a new album if the show reaches 2 percent in the ratings and stage a concert if it surpasses 3 percent. Ji Chang Wook added to this, “If we get over 3 percent in the ratings, I’ll sing a song at Chen Xiang’s concert.”

ji chang wook 4

“Whirlwind Girl 2” will be premiering in China on July 20.

Source:  Soompi News

Editor's Note:  "Whirlwind Girl 2" is NOT the working title; it has been and always was the official title.

• Like 4

On 7/16/2016 at 8:37 PM, savingemily said:

Hi, I'm new to this thread! I'm so looking forward to see Wookie in a drama again. Hopefully Viki will get the Whirlwind Girl 2 available in my country (because most dramas aren't and it's too painful)

And thank you @cherkell for posting updates <3 <3 <3

Hi there @savingemily!  Welcome to the thread -- hopefully it will get a bit more lively as Wook's projects finally see the light of day.

On 7/16/2016 at 9:50 PM, aqua_JCW said:

Viki has licenced whirlwind girl 2 for worldwide except china... :) so no worries...lets enjoy the wookie time to max ❤

Not quite true -- there are parts of Europe, Singapore, Africa and Central America that are still geo-blocked due to Viki content, but if you are a QC for them, you will be able to see the show right off the bat.  Hopefully that will change as more countries come online.

• Like 4

On 7/16/2016 at 8:50 PM, aqua_JCW said:

Viki has licenced whirlwind girl 2 for worldwide except china... :) so no worries...lets enjoy the wookie time to max

Hi aqua_JCW, I hope JCW's C-drama will be a HIT since this is his 1st drama there & more that the part 1 was a huge success. I believe that original is always the best but I guess the part 2 is also such a good drama! I just don't know how the rating works in the Mainland.   :P

• Like 5

[Drama] Even more Ji Chang Wook teasers for “Whirlwind Girl 2”

005ri5efgw1f5unf9ho9bg30rs0fnhe0.gif?w=9

We’re not quite done yet!  Even more official stills, teasers, and behind-scenes shots featuring Ji Chang Wook were released over the weekend in advance of the “Whirlwind Girl 2” premiere this Wednesday (20 July).  Check out all the goodies below the cut!

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/07/19/drama-even-more-ji-chang-wook-teasers-for-whirlwind-girl-2/

• Like 4

Hi guys! Long time no see :)

Can't wait for Wookie's drama "The Whirlwind Girl 2"! :lol::lol:

Btw, I wonder if there's a thread here in sompi for "K2"? I heard JCW confirmed, but his agency hasn't confirmed yet and there are actors in consideration for the drama.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, kanyaprasetyo said:

Hi guys! Long time no see :)

Can't wait for Wookie's drama "The Whirlwind Girl 2"! :lol::lol:

Btw, I wonder if there's a thread here in sompi for "K2"? I heard JCW confirmed, but his agency hasn't confirmed yet and there are actors in consideration for the drama.

Someone beat me to the punch and started a thread here: http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/387808-upcoming-drama-2016-k2-working-title/.  But it doesn't look like it's been touched by the thread owner since it was initiated, so I have no idea what's going on with it other than the updates we've been trying to fill in when news breaks. :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cherkell said:

Someone beat me to the punch and started a thread here: http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/387808-upcoming-drama-2016-k2-working-title/.  But it doesn't look like it's been touched by the thread owner since it was initiated, so I have no idea what's going on with it other than the updates we've been trying to fill in when news breaks. :)

Okay thank you @cherkell

Will be waiting for Wookie's confirmation. It's already mid-July so I hope his side will confirm soon and start filming. :):)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kanyaprasetyo said:

Okay thank you @cherkell

Will be waiting for Wookie's confirmation. It's already mid-July so I hope his side will confirm soon and start filming. :):)

Hi kanyaprasetyo, oh, I thought all along he's already confirmed in taking this drama, huh? Well, Lee Jung Jin is also cast for this drama & I hope he's going to accept it as well. I want them to work together. On one hand, I think he and Ji Chang-wook would have us all swooning them - hahaha. For JCW, I’ve been waiting for him to come back in a good drama for ages! He deserves it. :P

• Like 2

[Drama] Even even more Ji Chang Wook teasers for “Whirlwind Girl 2”

005ri5efgw1f5znmby6x5j30et0m8gn0.jpg?w=6

And it’s down to the wire with the “Whirlwind Girl 2” promotions, with Ji Chang Wook being prominently featured in the bulk of them.  As of this writing, there’s only a few minutes to go before the premiere, so hurry up and take a look!:)

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/07/20/drama-even-even-more-ji-chang-wook-teasers-for-whirlwind-girl-2/

• Like 1