Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

[Drama/Event] Ji Chang Wook meets fans with cast of “Whirlwind Girl 2”

wp-1465734469678.jpeg

Ji Chang Wook and the other leads of “Whirlwind Girl 2” met Chinese fans at a fan meeting in Shanghai the afternoon of 12 June.  He appeared at the event held at Shanghai Culture Square (上海文化广场) together with actors Chen Xiang and Guo Jun Chen, and actresses An Yue Xi and Tan Song Yun. The fan meeting was open to 200 fans who won tickets through Wechat. He answered questions about himself and the show, and also played games with fans on stage.

wp-1465734531279.jpeg

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/06/13/dramaevent-ji-chang-wook-meets-fans-with-cast-of-whirlwind-girl-2/

• Like 6

Any if anyone is interested in owning their own "Nomantic" pullover as worn by Ji Chang Wook at the "Whirlwind Girl 2" fan meeting, Korean clothing brand Beyond Closet has you covered!

nomantic_zpsfwzzl69q.jpg

For a mere 59,000 won (approximately $51.00 USD), you can own your own 3/4 sleeve pullover, along with many other items in Beyond Closet's "Nomantic" line.  (This style of pullover is considered their "Hong Kong Edition."  No clue as to why.)

Beyond Closet's "Nomantic" line can be found here:  http://www.beyondcloset.com/product/list.html?cate_no=73.  Order away!  :P

• Like 5

[Breaking] Ji Chang Wook considering new tvN drama “K2”

1424171056283_1_090341.jpg?w=600

On 14 June, it was revealed through several news sources that Ji Chang Wook is “favourably considering” a lead role in a new tvN cable drama to be penned by writer Jang Hyuk Rin (“Reset”; “Yongpal”), with the working title of “K2.”

The director for this drama will be Kwak Jung Hwan ("Sang Doo, Let's Go To School"; "Chuno").  "K2", along with another drama entitled "Tomorrow With You" (starring Han Ji Min), are both currently being considered for a broadcast time slot in September following "The Good Wife" on Friday and Saturday nights.  "K2" is a revenge story about "a bodyguard who loved his country and colleagues but was abandoned by them, and the illegitimate daughter of a powerful election candidate who even uses love for revenge."

Note:  Glorious Entertainment has only confirmed Ji Chang Wook is still considering "K2," along with several other drama scripts at present.  We will update this post as soon as further news is released.

Source:  JoyNews24; 10asia.com

• Like 10

Can't tell you how loud i screamed when hearing this wonderful news of Wookie for the new drama (even tho there's no official confirmation yet). I miss him on my screen so bad!!! Well, whatever drama he chooses, i hope he will have fun and everyone will fall in love with him all over again ;) 

Can't wait can't wait!!!

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

Waaaahhhhhhh....Wookie will be back soon..I'm so happy.

Hi mellinadear, I hope JCW will accept this offer. It's been quite a while since his last K-drama. In case he takes this, this would mark Ji Chang Wook’s 1st domestic drama. I like HJM.  As for chemistry, I think they’ll be okay. In my opinion, we don’t have to judge before this drama started and just see what happens!   I am so pumped up waiting for this drama, for his K-comeback. I am actually excited to see JCW to be back on my screen… I like the plot, too. :P

• Like 9

2 hours ago, mellinadear said:

@willenette immediately I read the plot, "The bodyguard(late Whitney Houston & Kevin Costner)" came to mind. It may not be the exact thing but I love stories like that.

mellinadear, hahaha - you read my mind, dear - this is the reason actually why I said I love the plot.....:P

• Like 7

Hello everyone! Long time no see!

Got frustrated with soompi's technical boos boos so I was inactive for awhile here and went on to instagram.

Am so thrilled about the new project offer. Everything sounds good. The chuno pd is one of my fav pd of all time, he is very good with action scenes and hopefully by now he has brushed up on his mellow prowess. The character sounds similar to jcw's role in The Days.

I really hope he takes it up, I will really look forward to this drama.

• Like 7

His character in "K2" seems interesting. I'm so excited. The PD and writer are both reputable , so I think it's a good choice for JCW. I hope they will get an excellent actress to work with him in this project. Wow, we will be showered with JCW's shows in the latter half of this year. I'm so excited. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, nploan said:

His character in "K2" seems interesting. I'm so excited. The PD and writer are both reputable , so I think it's a good choice for JCW. I hope they will get an excellent actress to work with him in this project. Wow, we will be showered with JCW's shows in the latter half of this year. I'm so excited. 

Hi nploan, awww.......I misunderstood the article/news. I thought all along HJM will be his female partner here. Ye, I hope the casting for his female counterpart's character will be revealed soon. :P

• Like 6

21 hours ago, nploan said:

Hi nploan, ahhh.......... hope he considers this. Does it mean that Ji Chang-wook will always be in freaking suits here? And his character won’t have a dorky or cute side. Aish........I prefer him in casuals. That’s why, I liked his ‘Healer’ look. I’m sure he will still look yummy. I’ve missed his awesome face on my screen. It’s been too long. I’ve missed him for too damn long.I hope this “K2” will have a great script. I like the plot, though. tvn seems to be on a roll these days so, I trust them. Please just let it be good! GO tvN! Although, the title “K2” seems strange but this drama is definitely worth watching! I wonder why it’s called K2, though. Honestly, I’m happy to have him in anything. I’ll watch anything he’s in. JCW in anything is always good news. Indeed best news ever! Finally.............he comes back to K-dramaland, the voice that’s not dubbed unlike C-drama - hahaha. Ji Chang-wook has one of the most beautiful speaking voices. Who might be the female lead, huh? Hopefully, they’ll choose a good actress. I’m hoping to see a pretty decent actress to pair up with him! I want him to work with solid team. I want him to have a good project before entering his military service. I look forward to this. The wait has been torturous. I am very glad that this time it is a K-drama! :P

• Like 5

[Photo] Ji Chang Wook behind-scenes photos for “Be With You”

img_4049-copy.jpg?w=600&h=417

Glorious Entertainment recently shared a few B-cuts of Ji Chang Wook’s liner notes photoshoot for his Chinese mini-album “Be With You,” which was released in December 2015.  Kkoma (a Bedlington Terrier) was barely two months old when these photos were taken.  I can’t decide which puppy is cuter!

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/06/15/photo-ji-chang-wook-behind-scenes-photos-for-be-with-you/

• Like 5

10 hours ago, willenette said:

I wonder why it’s called K2, though. Honestly, I’m happy to have him in anything. I’ll watch anything he’s in. JCW in anything is always good news. Indeed best news ever! 

K2 is the second highest mountain in the world. I'm not sure if the drama title has anything to do with that mountain or not, but probably 'K2' drama is a thriller with many action scenes. If you watched 'Yong Pal', the writer does make some funny cute moments in the story sometimes and he was able to build a lovable character Yong Pal for Joo Won, so I have faith that he will able to do it for JCW this time. Actually when I watched 'Yong Pal', in my mind I always wished that JCW acted in that drama instead of Joo Won. It's fun to see him in a role of a doctor and pair with a goddess beauty like Kim Tae Hee. I hope in 'K2',  the writer will be able to make the whole story consistently fascinating, not like the first half is good and then becomes worse later. If JCW is favorably considering something, it's likely that he is going to take it. :)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, nploan said:

K2 is the second highest mountain in the world. I'm not sure if the drama title has anything to do with that mountain or not, but probably 'K2' drama is a thriller with many action scenes. If you watched 'Yong Pal', the writer does make some funny cute moments in the story sometimes and he was able to build a lovable character Yong Pal for Joo Won, so I have faith that he will able to do it for JCW this time. Actually when I watched 'Yong Pal', in my mind I always wished that JCW acted in that drama instead of Joo Won. It's fun to see him in a role of a doctor and pair with a goddess beauty like Kim Tae Hee. I hope in 'K2',  the writer will be able to make the whole story consistently fascinating, not like the first half is good and then becomes worse later. If JCW is favorably considering something, it's likely that he is going to take it. :)

Hi nploan, thanks for sharing about K2. Wait & see if this title has to do with the mountain. I thought all along it's something to do with "drugs" since K2 as what I know is a psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. :P

• Like 2

Ji Chang Wook possible to appear in a tvN drama

ji-chang-wook.jpg

Actor Ji Chang Wook might return to the Korean small screen soon through a tvN drama.

The actor is rumored to have received an offer for a drama entitled “K2”.

His agency Glorious Entertainment clarified on June 14 and stated, “It is true that our actor Ji Chang Wook is currently reviewing the offered role and the drama “K2″ but we don’t have an official confirmation just yet.”

Also, one representative from tvN shared, “We first chose Ji Chang Wook for the role in “K2″ and his agency is currently in the reviewing stage for the role that we offered for the actor.”

source : http://kpopfighting.com/2016/06/16/ji-chang-wook-possible-to-appear-in-a-tvn-drama/

• Like 2

[Musical] Ticketing schedule announced for “The Days” 2016

Insight Entertainment has confirmed their initial cast line-up. Yoo Joon Sang, Oh Man Seok and Lee Geon Myung will play the role of Jung Hak, while Ji Chang Wook and Oh Jong Hyuk will be reprising their roles as Moo Yeong again.  Joining this cast for this third reboot as Moo Yeong will be FT Island’s Lee Hong Ki.

Ji Chang Wook is scheduled to perform on:
25 August (Thu) 8pm, with Lee Geon Myung
26 August (Fri) 8pm, with Oh Man Seok
28 August (Sun) 2pm, with Oh Man Seok
28 August (Sun) 6pm, with Oh Man Seok

First round of ticketing has been changed to include only performances held from 25 August till 31 August.

Ticketing link for foreigners: http://ticket.interpark.com/Global/Play/Goods/GoodsInfo.asp?GoodsCode=16007262

Credit: Interpark Ticketing

• Like 3

[Event/CF] Ji Chang Wook attends Lonsdale fan sign in Hangzhou

a7e81ecegw1f4zglieqzfj21400qo14y.jpg?w=1

On the afternoon of 18 June 2016, endorser Ji Chang Wook attended a Lonsdale fan sign held in Hangzhou, China, and 120 fans who entered Lonsdale’s lucky draw were able to attend the autograph session. Among the 120, the first 40 were even able to take photos with him! Enjoy some photos of the event after the cut.

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/06/18/eventcf-ji-chang-wook-attends-lonsdale-fan-sign-in-hangzhou/#jp-carousel-17051

• Like 5