Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Maybe only a little more than a month before the :sweatingbullets:MELTING DRAMA:sweatingbullets: drops in late September (unless something changes).......so I am contentedly still passing the time with looks back at things Wook has done since being set free from the ROK Army.  This time it's the Fan Meeting.  Wook performed while sitting in his chair on stage, or performed standing,  while the big screens behind him mirrored everything he did.  Except in this GIF I take a little license with time and space.  Here Wook gets to sit, relaxed, while his mirror-image does all the work.  Please enjoy.

ezgif.com-resizemymirrorimagewithellipse

• Like 1

A few days ago I was looking through his older Instagram posts and found this one......his followers knew that someday he would surpass the 2 million follower count for that day, July 22, 2016 (circled in red). 

that-was-then-this-is-now1-1.png

Yes......That was then.......

And this is now....

So not only is his new drama heating up........namely, so is the count of his followers on his Instagram!!!!   YAY........I am prepared for all of these events to come. :wub:  Because in the future there will be many, many more instances like this.

nsgif-15667503453newfollowers-9.2.gif

• Love 1

With all the recent new looks Actor Ji (and his talented staff) are presenting us these days, it is hard for me to say which I like *good, better, or best*!  Every time he puts out a new magazine look, or the Lotte Duty Free look, or the Melt Me look, I think that there is no way he can top that.  As usual, I am wrong.  The fabulous Actor Ji shone like diamonds as he hosted at the Seoul International Drama Awards. 

Now, Actor Ji is my "heart of hearts" but I am quickly becoming bonded to that TUXEDO!  So simple and understated that you know it probably is worth lotsa monies......Or, he just makes it look that way;  he is good at doing that.  I have been trying to find out what the brand is, but am failing.  Maybe it is bespoke.  I know there are fans out there who are very good at this sort of thing.  The fabric looks like a summer lightweight blend but I can't tell from photographs what it might be: linen, bamboo, raw silk?  Something exotic?  Or one of the old standards?  Anyone?  

the-tuxedo.png

Or is it really important?  I just need to relax and enjoy the show!  

• Like 1

Not relaxing exactly.....but still enjoying the show.  Here are a couple of cinemagraphs, gif-style, showing Actor Ji on his trek down the red carpet to the Seoul International Drama Awards.  I would rather stay busy doing something involving Ji Chang Wook.....than ANYTHING!  Please enjoy.

wookseouldrama1.gif

One more under the spoiler.  These ladies on the other side of the street know a damn good thing when they see one!  :ph34r:

Spoiler

seouldrama2.gif

• Like 1

@cherkell said:

"Sigh.  Our lives just got really complicated... "

Yes...…….Yes, our lives just got really complicated, but in a really GOOD way (.....she said, naively.)

This man is so exceptional that I am not surprised he has chosen to take control.....of so many things.  One of which is his image, which I will happily defend against all evil-doers!  Hah, I sound giddy, which I, admittedly am.  This means that there is more of him to see, admire, contemplate, be amused by, and understand.  

EDIT 5 HOURS LATER:   YouTube shows roughly 122,000 views, 2,900 comments (no dislikes or thumbs down!! at this printing) and A LOT of requests for English subs, and subs for quite a few other languages as well.   Anyone we know here  who might have one of these skills?  Hmmmm?  Maybe he will be "hiring" translators?  I know someone I would nominate :innocent: in a heartbeat.......

If he can endure the comments on his Instagram I am guessing he can endure the comments on YT.  Or so I hope.

It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out.    

• Like 1

Late morning for me on my side of the planet, and I see that many volunteers (?) put English subs up on THE JCW Youtube channel already!  His IG is showing some other languages subbed, too!  It's great to see the outpouring of genuine affection for this man.  Sometimes, life is just too good.

EDIT:  3:00 pm 9-2-2019

Since yesterday the views and comments have doubled and still NO negative downvotes.

Seeing Ji Chang Wook UNSCRIPTED (well, unscripted by conventional "drama/movie" writer terms) is as bracing as a medicinal tonic and as joyous as it gets.  Seeing him interact with people offscreen, and seeing him smile naturally, is just as effective as a dose of an antidepressant drug, or a shot of, say,  soju!  The man is electric. He enjoys his food, simple snacks, enjoys exchanging ideas, enjoys doing the unconventional thing, and does it SO well.  I think I'm hooked. (duh, uh yeah!)

EDIT:    4 pm on 9-8-2019

Nope.  It wasn't volunteers that put the subs up......it was Glorious Entertainment.

• Like 2

Thanks to @cherkell and The Kitchen, and her description of the recent Dhele ads with Wook, and the great still photos she posted (https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2019/08/20/cf-lets-take-off-with-ji-chang-wook-for-dhele/) I had an idea that I just had to carry out.  And since nature abhors a motionless Ji Chang Wook, the idea had to take the form of a GIF made from those still photos.  And since the theme was flying - as in airplanes - with a captain and all, I remembered an old Pan American Airlines slogan from long ago.  There's even music......Please enjoy.  

comeflywithmedhele.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dXx-i9_SpQ  Come Fly With Ji.....

• Like 1