Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

22 hours ago, Mai Stars said:

NO MORE EMBEDDED INSTAGRAM POSTS FOR SOOMPI!! until further notice.

Many of us are awaiting final rulings and explanations with bated breath.  

Let me help with that.  I posted this in the "Backstreet Rookie" thread earlier today:

A short version is:  Instagram is now owned by Facebook.  Facebook went to court after the acquisition in order to 'protect' their intellectual property; i.e., anything that is posted by anyone is considered "owned" by Instagram.  IG is making claims that they own the contents of these IG accounts via a 'licensing agreement' that is baked into IG's EULA (terms and conditions you agree to in order to create an account).  And since Facebook, Instagram and Soompi are companies all venued in the USA, this ruling only affects USA-based social media platforms at present.  (Europe and AsiaPac have their own court rulings that do not cover USA-based social media.)

By reposting IG posts into other portals, what it all basically boils down to is that IG wants to keep their fat hands on any advertising dollars potentially made by any IG accounts.  Remember, the more clicks, the more $$$ goes into Facebook's pockets.

Now this is only a "preliminary ruling," which means a court could overturn it at any time if social media platforms counter-sue to void the PRO.  I'm not holding my breath that any social media conglomerate has that kind of coin to take on Facebook.  But good luck to the ones that try!  아자 아자 아자 아자 화이팅! :P

There’s an article about “The K2” drama’s success in Greece. 

https://www.korea.net/TalkTalkKorea/English/community/community/CMN0000003095

I believe JCW is aware of this news too. I’m sure he’s happy to know that. :)

At the end of episode 6 of Backstreet Rookie it will be his birthday. It’s been 7 years already since I first heard of him. If I want to send him a birthday card, is it best to send to Glorious Entertainment Agency’s address? 

6 hours ago, Tuvi Girl said:

At the end of episode 6 of Backstreet Rookie it will be his birthday. It’s been 7 years already since I first heard of him. If I want to send him a birthday card, is it best to send to Glorious Entertainment Agency’s address? 

The general public is limited to only sending cards, small envelopes (#10 size) or postcards to Glorious - anything larger than that (packages or on-site deliveries such as flowers, etc.) will be refused.  It is best to first request permission from Glorious before sending any mailings to their offices by emailing them at glorious_ent@daum.net.

• Like 1

Thanks @cherkell for the information. I guess during this Covid pandemic, it’s not so safe for them to receive gift packages from fans. I also thought about birthday postcards.

I’m surprised to know that JCW is a new endorser for a Hongkong beverage brand Tao Ti. I guess you can update the first page about this. It’s interesting that JCW has quite more endorsement offers from overseas than his own country.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tuvi Girl said:

Thanks @cherkell for the information. I guess during this Covid pandemic, it’s not so safe for them to receive gift packages from fans. I also thought about birthday postcards.

I’m surprised to know that JCW is a new endorser for a Hongkong beverage brand Tao Ti. I guess you can update the first page about this. It’s interesting that JCW has quite more endorsement offers from overseas than his own country.

Actually, the crackdown on massive amounts of packages being delivered and fans randomly showing up at the Glorious HQ at all hours of the day and night were the tipping point for them to put their foot down.  These have been the rules in place since before Wook left for his military service in August 2017, and I am so glad that Glorious finally took some serious action.

And yes, we heard rumours about the Tao Ti endorsement a few months ago, but until we could independently verify the gossip, we took the news with a grain of salt.  There have been other Chinese 'endorsements' featuring Wook that never came to fruition.  Trust, yet verify.  ^_^

• Like 3

Wonderful positive things going on in JiWook's World, what with Backstreet Rookie a success, and a birthday coming up. As for me, I am lagging behind because I had to haul my old software tools out of mothballs, and link them with a new software tool that will bring me much joy.  I finally have something to exhibit, but it is coming out on the day that Wook just published more new 1st Look material!  Oh well, sometimes things are just a day late and a dollar short.  

black-outfit-mesh-shirt-on-top-gif.gif

There's one more under the spoiler.  It was really fun to put together because it shows a tracked picture in picture.  And it was primarily fun because of the main attraction.  But then, that's why a lot of us are here in the first place.  Enjoy!

Spoiler

pip-composite.gif

To be sure, these are GIFs created from movie.mp4 footage.  They are not Instagrams or anything of the sort; it's back to the days of no music, at least for the time being here in Soompi Social Points Palace, Ji Chang Wook pages. 

• Like 2

The fashion mavens at 1stLook can dress this man in anything.....from combat boots to neoprene wetsuit bottoms (no wait, that was in Melting Me Softly ~ LOL ) and he still looks like a gazillion bucks, yen, won, pesos, geld, dinero, etc., etc., etc.  And I am seeing double in this tribute.  

Also celebrating Actor Wook achieving 12.8 Million IG Followers.  Go....Wook!

lowcutpradacombatbootsdoubles.gif

basic-new-followers-template-12.8m.png

alert ~ in case chingus haven't noticed, there is a ji chang wook theme badge available in the members shop!!!! check it out! buy it using your soompi points to proudly display on your profile!

:coolshades: