Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Guest minksquared

i advice you to choose number 2

IMHO , Healer is the BEST , it's la créme de la créme , so you should leave the dessert till the end to savour it ;)

we'll be looking forward to hear your feedback

Actually i'm jealous of you , i envy you because you haven't watched Healer yet :((

advice : don't marathon it in 2 - 3 days , i mean don't skip scenes , don't forward because every character is worthy of your time . Healer's characters , even the bad ones , are cute and lovable :D

Cannot agree more! Do not skip any parts!! :) :) even if you watch EK, try not to skip (if possible :P) because a lot of the character development is important and sets a lot of precedence for the plot and storyline as well as the development of the main characters :)

Enjoy!!

Guest 4everaine

oh how I love this man..his wavy hair..his thick eyebrows.. his expressive eyes..his flawless skin..his thin lips.. his smile that can make you melt.. and when his finger is on his lips just like this..cant explain what i feel..oh dear.. i love all of him..
MH2xck3.jpg

Guest Cinderella1

the "bad" news : Ji Chang Wook is planning to join MS either at the start or in the middle of next year !

B-f2g5uCYAAZR91.jpg:large
the good news : Ji Chang Wook says,"Nothing is confirmed yet but I'd like to do 2-3 more works bf joining NS next yr."

B-hKHj5CUAAAsvO.jpg:large
source

Guest princesscinderella

Wow so our dear JCW is in Thailand with actor Joo Ji Hoon...I can't believe I didn't recognize him..LOL! I thought JCW is just with his non-celebrity friend..Poor Jo Ji Hoon, in the fancam posted earlier, I think no one recognized him.The Thai fan girls are only interested in JCW... Well, who can blame them?Healer has created a huge impact in JCW's popularity overseas and he definitely deserves all the attention that he's getting..Well as far as I know, JCW and Jo Ji Hoon worked together before in the drama Five Fingers and he is well-known for his character as the prince in the drama Princess Hours.Seems like they've maintained a close relationship even after their drama ended.Good for them, they were able to sneak away and have a much deserved vacation in Thailand.Our dear puppy is such a darling so I'm sure aside from Jo Ji Hoon, his other co-stars, including the writers,PDnims and staff are all fond of him. 
BTW, I know it's crazy but somehow at the back of my mind I'm wishing that someday JCW will post a selca or video with PMY..:\">I just miss them so MUCH!!!

Thank you all for all the photos and interview translations. My goodness! Those pictures! Those SMILES!!!!! Those EYES!!!! And I was just staring his face for  don't know how long. I'm glad he got lots of offers that even made him dance :)) I love how witty he is, how depth his answers are, how still grounded and most of all, his love for his mom. In his answers about his mom, it just shows how much he loves his mom. I believe that a man who is good and takes good care of his mom, or a loving and caring son will make the best husband and father in the future, he will never hurt his future wife.
And I can see he's having fun with his R&R in Thailand. But at the same time, I feel bad for him because he can't even have a peace and quiet time, but I can't blame them though. I might be like them too if I see him, or worse I might just have been frozen right there and say and do nothing at all :)) Maybe he now realized how popular healer was internationally, it may not have had a high rating in Korea, but people abroad loved it. So, he's with JJH, nice to see that they remain friends after FF but I feel bad for JJH though coz they didn't recognize him or should I say he was ignored and people were all swarming JCW.
@jcwlurks hhhmmm if you want to see how he progressed in his acting, I suggest watch his earlier works first. I remember my friend when she was watching Smile Donghae and all "this guy is good, this guy's smile is so beautiful and all", and I just kind of ignored her? but now  I'm thankful hahaha and then I watched Warrior Baek Dong Soo, then went to watch Smile Donghae...and the rest is history.  But if you want to be infected by the "healer virus" or "JCW virus", then watch healer first and then go back to his previous works. 

@‌princesscinderella

actually JJH was recognised too, i saw fans posting autographs by him.

Anyway, i think he needs to go home soon, since he is now being mobbed by fabs in Bangkok, i an sure people know the hotel he is staying etc.

Looks like there is hope that he will do a project in the 2nd half. Looking forward.

Reposting here what I posted in the Healer thread. From what I understand from some parts of Chinese translations of JCW interviews from his baidu ba, and I havent seen these small parts translated much yet (i think) :)

-

JCW discussed the regrets he has for Healer - (as previously mentioned in the interviews he did with Tudou and iQiyi and also on earlier post-drama interviews if you all remembered). because of time issues, the lack of time, they weren't able to complete some scenes in the final few eps of the drama... if they have had more time, would they have been able to deliver a better product (for the episodes)? JCW felt regretful about that... (the article writer described JCW's expressions when he answered abt all these that he really misses the drama)

He also mentioned the rooftop kiss as the most memorable but also the difficult one, because the emotions delivered has to be on point and he spent a lot of time on that.

On him receiving praises, he said it is not just the effort of him alone but all the entire casts and crew, which he is really thankful for.

He also mentioned about the not so ideal ratings, there are times he feel angry and sorry for the work of casts and crew which seems meaningless due to no good ratings... but he also know that ratings are not everything.

@kdramafangirlzIt's not exactly HQ (It is now), but it's the clearer version for sure released by the studio itself. I'm loving these sets coz it's so well done! Love the colour tone and the angle shots, everything basically!!! I should be working and I can't help but getting all excited again seeing them! Sighhhhh... so I came in to post. BAD BAD influence, JCW. :))

Ji Chang-wook takes selfie revealing his natural face

photo568193.jpg

Actor Ji Chang-wook, 28, revealed his natural bare face.

Ji Chang-wook posted a selfie on his SNS (Weibo) account along with a caption saying, "Let's eat much and put on some weight. My eyes got puffy. It's an off-season for me now".

In the pic, while he covered his face with sunglasses, Ji Chang-wook is staring into camera passionately, which makes your heart skip a beat.

Especially the light stubble on his chin and the lines on the forehead added manly appeal.

Netizens said, "Oppa, take care of your health! I love you", Haha, are you spending your vacation in the desert island by any chance", "I still love you even with some weight gained", "Even the lines are sexy" and so on.

Ji Chang-wook delivered the outstanding acting performance for his role as Healer, the top-notch underground errand boy in "Healer", which has completed recently.

Source : star.mt.co.kr/view/st...

Translation : Hancinema

@sia3‌ At least its clearer now than the scans ytd and I can view it nicely on my phone so I'm happy!!! Of course welcome anymore even more HD ones heheh. Yes the tone and angles etc are so well done! I was so excited for this one since the behind the scenes was released kyaaa~ You're totally not alone. I'm in the middle of my class rn yet i'm swooning... -sighs- What exactly has JCW done to us? :)

qwenli said: In the TV daily interview, he said he received many offers after Healer ended so much so that he dance for half an hour by himself.lol. but he will be taking his time to decide on the next work.

[interview] 20150223 Yonhap News – Ji Chang Wook “I had fun in Healer”

Cr: http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/02/24/interview-20150223-yonhap-news-ji-chang-wook-i-had-fun-in-healer/

Despite conducting interviews with 50 media outlets over three days, he did not seem too tired. Because there is a big sense of accomplishment from this happy person who is receiving lots of love

Ji Chang Wook who leaps up another step through “Healer” was recently interviewed in Gangnam.

After being selected as the lead role and rising up in the daily drama “Smile Donghae” (2011), and freeing himself from his tensed feelings as the villain in “Five Fingers” (2012), this is our third interview with him.

He has grown a lot over the four years, and he will be an actor that makes people look forward to his growth in the future. More importantly, after being born as a “real man” in “Healer”, he is now the focus of attention in the entertainment industry.

“I had fun playing. I had a lot of fun and I was happy. I felt just how happy an actor could be when he receives the trust of the writer and staff. All of them made it possible for me to play to my heart’s content at the film set. They really helped me a lot.”

◇ After “Healer”, he is overwhelmed with love calls…”I will consider carefully.”

The lead character of “Healer”, Seo Jung Hu, is actually a character with at least 50 points. That’s how cool he is. He moves around elusively, doing all kinds of jobs as the ‘troubleshooter of the night’ and his action skills are superb. To top it off, he has a pure love towards one woman.

But frankly, when the casting news was first announced, Ji Chang Wook did not seem very suitable for such a cool suit. It seemed too big for him. There were suspicions as to whether he would be able to do well. Although he expanded his acting range as Ta Hwan in MBC’s “Empress Ki”, he seemed to be lacking the male charm that was required for Seo Jung Hu.

But Ji Chang Wook still delivered. Regardless of the viewership ratings, there were many female viewers who fell deeply for Ji Chang Wook in “Healer”, and more importantly, he has attracted the attention of the entertainment industry. His action skills were agile and nice, his pure love also moved the hearts of viewers, and his emotional acting was also good.

Ji Chang Wook said with a laugh, “Thanks to ‘Healer’, I have been receiving many scripts and scenarios. It was like this before…”

It means he is overwhelmed with love calls. On the day he was being interviewed, his manager was in a meeting regarding offers for his next project. Here and there, people are looking for Ji Chang Wook.

Ji Chang Wook said, “I’m resting a bit and I will also consider carefully. While I’m thankful to the people who are giving me offers, I will carefully consider all the offers to decide on my next project.”

◇ “Although Seo Jung Hu is smiling, I thought he still ought to look lonely.”

Given that his father had committed suicide and his mother remarried, Seo Jung Hu’s life was filled with burden since his early days as he went in and out of the youth detention centre.

Ji Chang Wook said, “When I initially got the character Seo Jung Hu, I found it very difficult.”

“If you look at his life, it is very dark and it’s a role that is inevitable to have some mental illness. But despite that, he seemed perfectly fine from the outside and he also needed to have wits, so I pondered a lot about how I should portray this. Although he is smiling, I concluded that he ought to look lonely. But if I’m not able to express that, what am I suppose to do? I really worried a lot about this (laughs)."

“I also had a lot of fun acting as Ta Hwan in ‘Empress Ki’. Ta Hwan was a role that had many things for me to show and his line was very clear, but Seo Jung Hu hid and restrained himself, he’s cynical and leads his life apathetically, so it made acting more difficult. So I continuously tried not to make him look too awesome.”

He who did action and wielded a sword in “Warrior Baek Dong Soo” shows action with his own body this time.

“Since young, I ran and rolled around a lot. Rather than liking it, I did that because I had nothing to do (laughs). But that became very useful for my acting this time. Although I worked very hard to look agile, there are many regrets. I wanted to show action that was more intense, faster and grander, but I was unable to do so due to the lack of time. But because the editing was done very well, it seemed to turn out well (laugh).”

“Healer” is penned by writer Song Ji Na who wrote “Sandglass” and it is a story about the generation after “Sandglass”. It paints the story of the Sandglass generation, who lived through the turbulent period of 1970-80, and their children.

Actually, Ji Chang Wook has not seen “Sandglass”. When “Sandglass” was aired in 1995, Ji Chang Wook was only eight years old.

“Because I was still young, I did not watch it. Although I know it’s a famous show, I didn’t watch it. But the setting of ‘Healer’ is not related to it. ‘Healer’ is a story about the conflict and communication between the older generation and the newer generation, and Writer Song Ji Na wanted Seo Jung Hu to be an example of the young of this generation who grew up without the care of an adult. I think this show probably touched a spot among viewers.”

◇ “It’s very exciting to rack my brains thinking about acting”

During ‘Smile Donghae’, Ji Chang Wook was once troubled, thinking he had no talent and wondered if he should quit acting. His big eyes were filled with anxiety and burden.

Four years later today, Ji Chang Wook is totally enjoying acting.

“During ‘Smile Donghae’, I couldn’t even distinguish what was this and that, and it was very difficult. But after that, things started to untangle bit by bit and I began to understand. While doing musicals, I also learnt to play on stage. I don’t think there’s any convenient method. A person who has read the script once is different from a person who has read it twice, and I believe there is nothing that can replace practice. In conclusion, it all boils down to hard work. Thinking hard about a character is always a painful process, but it is very interesting. If I used to give up because it was too difficult when I played games last time, I now continue to hold on and improve even if it’s difficult. At some point in time, I changed and I now want to taste the joy of winning."

He said with a smile, “I don’t know if my eyes have gotten deeper or my acting has gotten better. But one thing for sure, I have broadened my horizons compared to last time. The process of preparing to act is very fun”.

We asked him about his mother’s reaction to seeing her son grow as an actor.

“I live with my single mother. My mother’s friends praised me a lot, saying that my acting has improved a lot (laughs). My mother told me this and I laughed for a long time. People say the eyes of ahjummas are very accurate, so my acting must have really improved, and I feel rewarded. Ha ha.”