Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

sharing some snippets from my wookie adventures ...

i am still dealing with my jetlag and i must say slowly getting back to earth ... haha ... the wookie adventure was one crazy experience in this lifetime ... one taiwanese i met in jinju said once you see wookie once, you will want to see him again (i think i may have mentioned this in a previous post) ... and she's right ...what started as a trip to watch a matinee performance in jinju turned out to be a musical spree that spans 2 cities - jinju and jeju with 5 musical performances and capped with an attendance to a konus launching party in LA ... although i had to work around my flight schedule, it was feasible for me to hop onto a plane en route to jeju and LA ... these were not part of my original itinerary but i must say i made the right decision and was rewarded twentyfold ...

so i had shared my jinju story with my close encounter on my first day in jinju ... wookie at arm's length when i handed him the photobook that little bodyguard took and loaded in the van ... other fans told me that i was so lucky to get this close encounter ... i thought that was usual and later realized that i was indeed lucky not to deal with screaming fans, crowding and pushing as i had observed in jeju ... mon dieu! poor wookie had to deal with all these ... i did not add to all the commotion and distanced myself from the crowd ... as wookie's van pulled away, my japanese friend and i waved and he waved back at us ... of course we had to contain ourselves it it took a few seconds before we started spazzing ...

ON THE DAYS ... funny each time i watch the musical i feel my heart sink towards the end of the show ... but i end up buying a ticket to the next show ... and the next ... and the next ... i wanted to be shot by wookie again ... haha ... i am referring to one of my favorite scenes in the musical ... objectively this is one of the best plays i've seen ... wookie-swooning aside, theater has been one of my interests ever since i was a kid ... this continued on to college when i became a member of our university repertory company ... i also watched a lot of musicals in broadway when i was living in the NYC area as well as performances in the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC ... nothing beats the commute from DC to Jinju and Jeju just to see The Days but i must say it was worth the trip ... The technical aspects are well thought out ... I was impressed with the set design ... unlike bulky and construction intensive sets used for Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables, The Days used layering of backdrops that look like hanging threads ... they also had a revolving stage ... lighting also played a big factor in the overall effect on stage ... i wish i understood Hangul to gauge how well the script was written but after watching the musical 5 times, i got the gist of the story ... music was superb ... i think i was lucky to watch the last 5 performances and i must say we had a good combination of cast members ... i say this because after hearing the CD of earlier performances you can sense that the actors have definitely improved their craft ... not being biased here but objectively wookie had the most soothing voice ... i love his rendition of all the songs in the musical ... i haven't seen other Muyeong performances but compared to the CD recording his was waaaay better ... i would highly recommend seeing his musical in the future if given a chance ... add this to your bucket list ... there are two flaws noted and i would say for both jinju and jeju performances ... first was that instead of a full orchestra they used prerecorded instrumentals ... i can imagine the musical experience would be optimized with the orchestra and second it was hot in both theaters ... airconditioning doesn't seem to work ... inspite of these two minor things, i was happy and satisfied with the musical ... i just wish they had a DVD so I can watch it over and over ... that's how i loved it!

ON KONUS ... so this event was not in the radar until the last minute ... i was on my way back to Washington, DC via SFO and so when i learned about the event and how it fits in my schedule, i found a way to be on the guest list ... call me proactive ... the place was packed and I am guessing that some people in attendance don't know who wookie was but now they know ... cherkell gave them an introduction on who wookie is :-) ... i had spotted wookie several times in the club ... and it's different seeing him in a casual/party setting sans his cap/hoodie and sunglasses ... he is just gorgeous ... and of course you have all these fangirls gravitating towards him ... there were some who were lucky to get a photo with him ... they were able to sneak in the photobooth and stalk wookie while he was having a smoke ... hands down they get the best stalker award ... i was taking photos of wookie in the club but stopped as soon as i got yelled at by the club pitbull ... complied with this and was content just seeing him from afar ... place started to be stuffy and too crowded for me that i decided to hang out by the pool and called it a night ... then i saw cherkell and we headed to our room ... but at around past midnight i was so hungry that i asked cherkell if she was up to a midnight meal ... she was already dressed in her nightshirt and then changed to street clothes ... when we got back to the hotel after our meal, cherkell spotted wookie at the bar ... i wouldn't have detected but cherkell has a radar with the highest frequency :-) so i tagged along cherkell and true enough it was wookie, kangwoo, the kangs and some konus peeps sitting at the bar ... i was standing in front of kangwoo, next to him was jenny kang, then wookie then brian kang ... so i started a conversation with kangwoo and mentioned i just came from seoul, jinju and jeju to watch wookie's musical ... he called wookie's attention in korean and upon hearing, wookie extended his hand and shook mine ... oh my lord ... is this for real? i was dumbfolded and all i can say was daebak ... haha ... in hindsight i should have sung some lines from the musical like lalala ... but that moment just froze! then we broached on healer and i said yes i watched the drama! he extended his hand again and said thank you ... then again all that came out of my mouth was daebak! finally i asked if he received the photobook i gave him in jinju ... thanks to brian kang who translated for me ... and he said yes! and said he has it in his home and shook my hand again! i saw that face of sincere gratitude ... it was very surrealistic ... like a dream ... never ever expected this ... i am content seeing wookie from afar but i got in close contact with him ... this is unprecedented ... what a way to end this wookie adventure with a big bang! definitely one of the best moments of this trip ... now i have to focus on real life ... putting on my management consultant hat and pushing aside being a wookie fan ... they unfortunately don't mix :-( due to high demands of my job ... i will however probably spend some time recalling these good memories from time to time and spazz ... these are just too good to set aside and lock in my memory chest :-)

• Like 24

Woohoo! Thank you @cmoirae2 for the update on your wookie adventure. While reading, I made sure I imagined the whole scenario to know what it felt like. Ofcourse its imaginary but I guess some of us are doing it right now while reading. And for the people who took pictures with him despite not know who he is,well,now they can proudly say they have met him. I specially loved all the nice things they had to say about him and it made me proud to call myself a wookie fan.:)

Oh,he shook your hand 3xs..I love that. He's appreciative of the fact that u watched the show(and healer of course) and I can't help but feel that he would be overwhelmed by that.Makes me love him even more. :)

How lucky you are to experience this and the same goes to those who met him also.

*suppressing the green monster trying to rear its head out* lol 

Thank you once again for the update.*hugs*

Edited by mellinadear
  • Like 8

@cmoirae2  wow o wow...you not only get to see him up close, you shook his hands three times. THREE times.  WOW!!!  Have you wash your hands yet??? lol...How long did you get to stay with his group to chat??

what does he looks like up close??  read so many different versions of him.  some said he was thin....he has porcelain smooth skin...he has very thick make-up....he was lanky...he was not really that tall etc etc.  But, one thing that is consistent is that he is handsome, he is friendly and he has a great smile.

• Like 7

@cmoirae2 after reading about your experience meeting Wookie...all that came out of my mouth was also "Daebak". Thank you for sharing such wonderful experience. You are so lucky!!! He is so nice and kind...how can anyone not love him. And he shook your hands like 3times!!! OMG!! I would have died right there hahaha. And it must be a fantastic experience for those who get to see him hanging out with friends like normal people do and with no fans screaming...wowwww!! 

And thank you for sharing your experience on The Days musical too...I've never seen the play but if I have a chance to watch him perform in the next musical, i won't miss it for the world. 

Thanks again for sharing. Love him even more. 

• Like 6

Glad he's back.theres a particular fancam where he went the wrong way. Wookie is so jetlagged that he didn't even know where he was going. His BG ran to him laughing to direct him. Lol

Glorious should clear his schedule for a few days so he can rest. 

• Like 5

can i ask for a favor to anyone who knows.. please tell me, all Actor Ji magazine photo shoots, magazine name and date? please? jebal? :sweatingbullets: 'cause i'm still amazed by finding new photos from the past.. i'm nearly a year for being a fan of him but i'm not like cherkell heheh who became fan in his first days of being an actor.. please, i wanna know him more through it.. can somebody know it all? heheh i ask this 'cause i click random k actor and i see it in his profile the list of his magazine photoshoots and front cover.. thank you chingus.. kamsahamnida!! :D

• Like 4

Guest minksquared

Hi all, more cute pictures to share of Chang Wook :)

What is he wearing?? :D

CR as tagged

[Pictures deleted as per request]

Edited by minksquared

@Maja is dat an elephant he drew or what? :D I feel like sending a drawing book to him LOL. He's gonna be 28yrs soon but i still love d kiddy side of him and his drawing is so adorbs.I love him.

@minksquared that looks like a school uniform lol. The socks aint helping either. Look at his footwear. I'm dying right now. And his famous V-sign. 

Oh puppy,your drawings never seem to amaze me.

• Like 5

2015.06.10 Ji Chang Wook Updates IG/Weibo

IG Caption: Coming soon!!! #지창욱 #이랑 #사진 #찍음 #대박

Translation: Coming soon!!! Taking picture together with Ji Chang Wook. Daebak.

11373632_1591616887793095_954656365_n.jp

Weibo Caption: Coming soon!!!! 지창욱이랑 사진찍음 대박ee8485.pngee9084.pngee9084.pngee9084.png

Translation: Coming soon!!!! Taking picture together with Ji Chang Wook. Daebak.

005RlXsOjw1esz499vwbfj30dc0hs0vc.jpg

• Like 9

Guest minksquared

@Maja Wookie looking so good! Loving his slicked back hair :wub:

@mellinadear I know right - those footwear!! :w00t: The famous double V-sign is cute but his pose in that outfit is...:lol:

Is it me or is Wookie extremely adorable today? Those poses, the drawing and linking arms with his cut-out hahaha

​LOL there I am to his left!!!  Of course, I had to be looking down at that point... *sheesh*

Guys, I've received a special request from Glorious and the Korea Gangnam Weibo to remove the Weibo photos of the JCW Gangnam exhibit from all postings.  They were shared without permission of both Glorious and the Centre itself, so please remove them from Soompi as well.  Thanks for your cooperation!

• Like 12