Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Guest iluvemdan

Hi everyone!

First time posting here, I'm quite a new fan of Ji Chang Wook and I am so glad to be one! :) I really think he is an upcoming actor who is going to take a lot of people by surprise in the future... and he already has! So talented and so hard-working, wish he can take a break now but I'm absolutely loving to see him acting so often as well ;) CONGRATULATIONS on his awards from KBS and SBS!! So well-deserved!!

Just wanted to share this video - his acceptance speech at the KBS Drama Awards :)

KBS Drama Awards - Ji Chang Wook

So well-deserved, loved all the screams from the audience... he got the most ;) teehee!! He was so adorable on the stage, the youngest actor out of the nominees too!! Congrats again Ji Chang Wook-sshi!!

Thank you for all the posts here everyone!

Ammu

Welcome to all the new posters here... and thanks for your continued patience as I attempt to keep up with this Forum's events!  Just a quick reminder that because of Soompi's limitations on photo sizes and uploading, to check this Forum first to see if your submissions have already been posted.  We don't want to crash their servers again and lose all our hard work, ne?  Kamsahamnida!!

Soooo much news, so little time!!  I'll try to backtrack as much as possible with all the goodies that happened over the New Year's Weekend.  Let's just say it was a very productive one for His Hotness!!  w00t.gif

The second part of the T-ara Drama Video that premiered their song "Lovey Dovey" dropped on 2 January in Korea.  Here's a link to the Official Video (credit to LOEN Entertainment for the upload):  T-ara Lovey Dovey  Technically, there's only 12 minutes of music video, and 7+ minutes tacked on at the end that shows the "Making Of" MV that went out in early December 2011.  Not much in here that we really haven't seen before in various previews and teasers, and he only has three lines in the whole freakin' MV (with one being spoken off-camera)!!  Oh well, it's not a Ji Chang Wook music video after all... but a little part of me at the end said "Hunh?  That's it?  Really?  Okay..."

Regardless, a nice effort by all involved, even if we didn't get the Happy Ending that we were all hoping for.  How he manages to be soooo bad and remain sooooo hot will always be a mystery to me...

5c0c4814.jpg     b4697475.jpg

87534bba.jpg     2fc3d91c.jpg

ada7c55a.jpg     5f158c1b.jpg

4ad4924e.jpg     c0581ad0.jpg

b63f8a89.jpg     71a5188b.jpg

29ff2f97.jpg     dcaada4b.jpg

a4bd9324.jpg     f9e1a881.jpg

e7e9ccb7.jpg     3caef2ed.jpg

fdb8822f.jpg

24ce2368.jpg   48e51ec5.jpg

79ab8c92.jpg

123f64c8.jpg   f9a938b3.jpg

e66863f1.jpg   babfea1e.jpg

Next up (as soon as I upload them to Photobucket) are the stills from the Awards Shows!  Woo hoo!!  wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

• Like 1

As promised from an earlier post, I just received the January 2012 edition of SURE Magazine in the mail today!!  ::happydance::  Here's scans of the other snaps from the JCW photoshoot from (I believe) back in late October/early November 2011.  I'm finding it really hard to translate the text, because it's so light in color that I can barely read it!!  And although none of these are of him shirtless and dripping wet, just getting him inside a (dry) bathtub is enough for me.  WUB!!!

5f5b9980-1.jpg

5f5b9980-2.jpg

8f2039d4-2.jpg

d3796e51-1.jpg
237438265_d6ad6dd1_zpsdd26dbb0.jpg

• Like 1

He can pull off a really amazing badass character (as in lovey dovey/cry cry) ..so hot!

He really has such a sexy body...why is he soooo perfect???

2r8acn.jpg

ewub.jpg

Anyone have high resolution pictures of the above?

Anyone have high resolution pictures of the above?

Sorry sweetie -- those were selcas taken with JCW's own phone and that he put up on Twitter ages ago.  If you're looking for the final product of that shoot, look no further than the July 2011 issue of Men's Health (Korean Edition).  I'll put up a link to their website here as soon as I find my bookmark.  Stay tuned!!

• Like 1

Ohayou/Konichiwa/Konbanwa (where applicable) -- I am currently in Japan for work, so postings will be delayed for the next week or so.  I do want to put up some snaps from His Hotness's Twitter feed -- these are NGs from the television commercial JCW was shooting a few days ago for the Estee Lauder Men's Lab Series line of skin care cosmetics.  (I'm assuming it's for Estee Lauder, because there was much gossip that they were going after him big time to put him under contract as an endorser after WBDS wrapped up, but I will edit if that turns out not to be true.)  Sorry for the poor quality, as they were taken with a phone camera instead of a professional one.

Anyway, the one that's getting all the netizens' knickers-in-a-knot is the last one, where he's acting all coquettish and tee-hee like.  Lots of "I AGREE!!" out there on the blogs right now.  Let me join the chorus of ME LIKEY VERY MUCH!  Especially the hairstyle -- looking much better with it off your face there, dearie.  ::drool::

And here's some BTS shots from his upcoming photoshoot in Cosmopolitan for the February 2012 issue... and a video, no less!  Me likey the new way that the magazines are promoting their interviews now.  KEEP THEM COMING.  :)

2106483016_9d675751_1891293267_56496f4e_

(Credit: @haruyukii)

• Like 2

As promised from an earlier post, I just received the January 2012 edition of SURE Magazine in the mail today!!  ::happydance::  Here's scans of the other snaps from the JCW photoshoot from (I believe) back in late October/early November 2011.  I'm finding it really hard to translate the text, because it's so light in color that I can barely read it!!  And although none of these are of him shirtless and dripping wet, just getting him inside a (dry) bathtub is enough for me.  WUB!!!

CherKell dear, thanks for those pictures.... I just wanna jump into the tub with him LOL...At times, he's really cute and looks like a puppy that you want to cuddle.... But we all know how great and sexy that guy is beyond those clothes :-D

and also, I just wonder when are we going to see the finish product of the photoshoot you just posted, he's so adorable in there.

@Kiklo....those abs...i can't take my eyes off them....

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Haven't been able to check in more often.

First of all, CONGRATS CHANG WOOK! I was so ecstatic when he (and Do Ji Won!) both won Best Actor and Actress at the KBS Drama Awards! So well deserved!

I've been catching up with Baek Dong Soo, Just finished episodes 13 and 14 and ready for an all-week marathon of the rest of the series ^_^

Then I can start watching Bachelor's Vegetable Store. Hehe. So glad to see he is doing very well these days! He deserves all the success!

• Like 1

So much JCW news... so little time, even being 17 hours ahead of you peeps in The States!!  Anyway, in addition to keeping up with the gazillion other things while filming BVS, this just confirms my post from 7 January about His Hotness being announced today as the "New Face Model” for the Lab Series for Men skincare line.   It's a first for this line of products being sold in Asia, and an official at Estee Lauder said that Changwook-ssi was chosen “for his healthy clear skin shown during his dramas, and as an icon well-suited to show a positive image of men.”  Glad to see others are finally realizing this fact!!  I'll put up links to the official video as soon as I get a copy!

Chughahaeyo, Oh Gorgeous One --  that means we're gonna see LOTS more of you when your CMs air on other programs now!! ♥♥♥

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've been a bad widdle fangirl... I've thrown so much blood, sweat and tears into the BVS page that I've neglected this one!  And there's been so much JCW news since January too!  I'll just go kneel in the corner and put my hands above my head... but not until posting stuff first!

So back on 11 January 2012, Changwook-ssi was the guest on the Star Secrets segment of the SBS “Midnight TV Entertainment” program. His Hotness was featured in a segment where he talked about his new skincare endorsement PLUS the exercise routine he used to get his chocolate abs in yummy shape for “Warrior Baek Dong Soo”… and showed off some of his moves to the viewers.  HOLY MOLEY, HE'S LAYING ON THE FLOOR DOING CRUNCHES!!  ::faintsdead::

00429963.jpg
c71afc62.jpg %7Boption%7Dhttp://i1210.photobu...12/1c40a5f4.jpg
00a91ff6.jpg fffdb3b2.jpg

And yet another BTS video from the folks at InStyle Magazine, who put together a nice portrayal of his recent photoshoots into one big package.  One of these days I'll get around to translating... maybe. :P

(Credit:  @harukuyii)

I've already reported this on the BVS Forum, but for those of you who haven't heard, it is reported that Ji Chang Wook was transported to hospital after an accident at 5:00 AM KST near Gangnam-dong (which is a Seoul suburb). Several sources say the extent of his injuries are minor, but he was taken to hospital as a precaution.  He was a passenger in a car driven by his manager when they collided with a dump truck, which then caught on fire but was quickly extinquished.  Reports say that the dump truck driver fell asleep after driving all night, but investigation is continuing.

Ji Chang Wook Accident Update 12:30 PM KST 26 February 2012: JCW’s management company just released a statement that he bumped his head and received some bruises during the accident and was taken to hospital as a precaution, but he’s well enough to be released and is heading back to the set to finish filming. He sends along a note to his fans to not worry because he’ll be okay. PHEW. The van he was riding in was totalled, but now there is speculation over who exactly was at fault for the accident, as the investigation continues. (Doesn’t this bring back the nightmare of Yoo Seung Ho’s accident back during the WBDS filming? ::shudder:: )

With four episodes left in the BVS drama, most of his scenes have already been filmed so there should be no disruption in the shooting schedule if he does decide to return to Seoul for further treatment. I’ve got a live feed to a few news broadcasts, so I’ll update if need be. In the meantime… BE STRONG, CHANGWUK-GA!!! 파이팅!!!

Ji Chang Wook Accident Update 1:10 AM KST 27 February 2012: Big Deep Heavy Sigh... I figured as more sources started investigating that the whole truth would eventually come out. It was his MANAGER that caused the accident, as he allegedly because drowsy and the van they were riding in plowed into the back of a dump truck waiting at a traffic light. The van caught fire but was quickly extinguished and ended up totalled. This all came about due to the late-night shoot that ended at 2:00 AM, but Changwook-ssi was required back on the set by 7:00 AM to resume filming, so they were on their way back to the set and the accident occurred at 5:48 AM KST.

Both JCW and his manager were treated for their injuries and released, but the most disturbing fact is that Changwook-ssi received a 4cm-long gash to his upper forehead near the hairline, which the doctors bandaged up so he could return to the BVS set around 1:00 PM. He finishing filming and will return to hospital to receive further treatment on 27 February. Good thing too, because I will make it my life’s work to ensure someone will pay dearly if that gorgeous face of his ever received a single scratch!!! Hwaiting nae salang-eul Jibaewoonim!! ♥♥♥

• Like 2

d92fe219.jpg

Ji Chang Wook Accident Update 7:44 AM KST 27 February 2012: First pictures of the accident scene are being released — this is the car that JCW was riding in, and you can see on the passenger side where (allegedly) he hit the windshield resulting in the gash in his forehead. (Thank goodness for airbags!!) Later during filming, he was complaining of a headache and was limping, so production was called off for the day and he headed back to hospital to get looked at again.

I'm sure you would all agree with me that this STUPID STUFF has got to stop!!!  Is is going to take someone's death before the Korean Entertainment Industry takes a good long look at itself?  Yeah, I understand his commitment to the production, but the fact that he was done with filming must mean there was some sort of script re-write for the last four episodes that required him to return to the BVS set.  He's not helping his own cause by starring in this Show, filming two music videos, shooting several fashion magazine spreads, being a spokesman for both the Lab Series skincare line and the WACS Conference in Daejeon... all at the same freakin' time!!!

In an interview Changwook-ssi did right after WBDS ended, he had said he wanted to take on projects without a break if the opportunities arose.  You would think his Management Company would try to spread out his appearance schedule, but it seems they're working him like a pack mule instead.  Hopefully this will be a wake-up call for him to SLOW. DOWN. NOW.  Don't make my hop a flight over to Seoul and beat someone senseless if he suffers any long-term effects from this mess... because you all know I would!!!   GRRRR!!!

• Like 1

Ji Chang Wook Accident Update 10:30 PM KST 27 February 2012:  Our Lead Bachelor left the set Sunday afternoon and returned to hospital to have 4 stitches close up the gash in his forehead, and was sent home with painkillers and a mandate for bed rest.  Fortunately, no skull fracturing was involved, and he is expected to return to the set the late afternoon of 28 February.  Here's a YTN video report from this morning, but no shots of the accident scene are included.

Some news reports are stating that the production is in danger because of several scenes that JCW has yet to film, which confirms that there must have been a script rewrite or something.  Channel A should then repeat a few episodes to buy him some time to recover, dammit!!  We all know his extreme commitment to the Show and he will finish his scenes no matter what, but I have a really sick feeling that the plot line is going to suffer from the PD-nim trying to not push him too hard due to his injuries.  I just wish he would tweet or something letting us all know that he's okay... sigh.

If there's anything silly coming out of all this, it's that the news feeds have attached such old pictures to their reports that it gives me a giggle fit when I see a shot of his Donghae or Joon Hyung (from "Hero") characters next to the text.  (Yeah, I'm funny that way.)  Mega-wishes for a speedy recovery, Changwook-ssi!! ♥♥♥

• Like 1

Guest reiz1430278104

Oh my goodness. Hoping for a speedy recovery and for him to get plenty of rest after he finishes shooting for the drama because, boy, does he need it, badly. Just looking at that picture of the car, you can tell he got banged up pretty bad, especially to the head.

CherKell must be heartbreakingly mad crying about now. Hang in there.