Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

JI CHANG WOOK TAKES THE REINS FOR INSTYLE KOREA

Posted by goodange on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Aside from acting, it seems Ji Chang Wook is a passionate equestrian, showing off his horse riding skills in the July issue of InStyle Korea.

Project wise, the actor is one of the male leads in KARA‘s five-episode drama, Secret Love.

001_zpsb177cfec.jpg~original

002_zps8e18e15c.jpg~original

003_zps14d49cf3.jpg~original

004_zpsb0d180e0.jpg~original

couch-kimchi

• Like 1

hey guys, i stumbled across this song on youtube. is it sung by ji chang wook?if so can someone give me the song title and where its' from? i searched for 'bachelor's vegatable shop' ost but i couldn't find it.thanks

Guest shikii

huama said: hey guys, i stumbled across this song on youtube. is it sung by ji chang wook?if so can someone give me the song title and where its' from? i searched for 'bachelor's vegatable shop' ost but i couldn't find it.thanks

Yup, @shikii is correct - the title is Kimi no nukumori and JCW recorded it in August 2012 specifically for the Japanese DVD release of BVS in October 2012 (it is played under the end credits for several of the episodes).  Unless you have the DVD box set in your possession, the only way to obtain a legit copy is through iTunes Japan.
So continued hellos from Seoul, where I'm counting down my last few days here before returning to Japan for a few more days there.  The last shows of "The Days" were performed, and I am delighted to say that they were AMAZING!!!  JCW BROUGHT IT and then some - the netizens were all up in arms over him choosing this project, but with sold-out audiences and a Korean version of a Tony award under his belt now, that shut up the crabbing for good!!!
Kinda hard to post pictures with this tablet, but I have a ton from the show and our backstage meeting afterwards (he recognized me from the fan meeting and came over to give me another HUG - squeeeeee!), and we gave him flowers in celebration of the finale.  Poor baby was so overcome during his encore that he broke out in tears and had to stop singing!!  Of course that brought on the tears from the rest of us too...  :((  You can see in his Twitter post that his eyes were still quite red and puffy... :((

Lots more to post, but dinner awaits and one last night of merrymaking before we all split up. Stay tuned!
P.S. Guys, it's a Soompi Forum Rule to NOT re-quote pictures or videos already posted.  Could you please edit your posts accordingly?  Kamsahamnida!

• Like 2

It's still 5 July over on this part of the world, and that means just one thing in my mind:

HAPPY 27TH BIRTHDAY JI CHANG WOOK!!!

Happy-Birthday-Cake_zps116d629f.jpg

I had no time to put together anything special other than the presents I brought to hand over in person, so this cake will have to do.  And I really wish I could post the pictures from the Fan Meeting, where we presented him with his birthday cake early, but we are under express instructions to not share photos outside of the fan club.  But His Hotness posted this on Twitter just barely one hour into his Official Birthday (after an all-day photoshoot and then arriving in Daejeon and going through a dress rehearsal for several hours), saying "This is what 27 looks like?!?" :X :X :X

BOV7uKrCIAAArTLjpg_large_zps871230b8.jpg

I fly back to the States on 8 July, so there will be much more gossip and pictures coming soon!

• Like 1

Here's some more "Jack the Ripper" promotional shots just put up by their production company -- and HOLY COW he's wearing one of the t-shirts I gave him as a birthday present this year!!!  SQUEEEEEE!!!  The calendar shot notes JCW's performances for July, which are just a few since he heads up to Tokyo for the "Brothers Were Brave" performances beginning 30 July.  But I am liking that picture VERY MUCH!! :X

110C116211A8110311651105117511111165-110

BOYs88OCQAA02Rgjpg_large_zps1805f815.jpg

BOYuKkeCQAAzTuJjpg_large_zps571ed2a6.jpg

• Like 1

Eeek! I haven't been here for so freaking long. I missed out on so much. Mi an ham ni da.

@Cherkell: OMG! You went to Korea to watch his musicals. Lucky you! I wish I could do the same and watch one of my many favorites, but no. Boy needs to get back on the small screen. I miss watching him on my computer screen. (T.T) If you get to get close to him again, give him a hug for me... and everyone else of course. :D Until then, enjoy your stay in Korea and Japan. We here in soompi will await you for all your picture spamming of the cutie.

aoun said: Eeek! I haven't been here for so freaking long. I missed out on so much. Mi an ham ni da.

@Cherkell: OMG! You went to Korea to watch his musicals. Lucky you! I wish I could do the same and watch one of my many favorites, but no. Boy needs to get back on the small screen. I miss watching him on my computer screen. (T.T) If you get to get close to him again, give him a hug for me... and everyone else of course. :D Until then, enjoy your stay in Korea and Japan. We here in soompi will await you for all your picture spamming of the cutie.

On 10 July, our little Bachelor Warrior Chef Singing Pianist attended the opening of the flagship Series Corner Men's Store in the Hannam-dong district in Yongsan-gu, Seoul (near Itaewon, and right off the Subway Line 6).  In addition to his appearance at the photowall, Shin Dong-yup, Lee Hyun-woo, Yoon Si-yoon and a bunch of baseball players were also in attendance.  Apparantely, the store's concept is to offer a "casual style of various brands for the urban generation to shop for."  In non-fashionista-speak, it's a place for your basic Seoul Metrosexual Man to get his slacks on.  Or off, as the case may be.  ;))

His Hotness also did an interview with one of the news portals while he was attending the Grand Opening, so as soon as that's available, it will be here as well!  :x :x :x

2f214a232c7467ca1f3c8fa89581c22c_zps7c8e

b17f5e26126bb8e2bb2087e717ce1708_zps4843

6f6da2dcded7143ebecc82d343437a92_zps36c3
23f977ce9f0790ee6f7d0f8e35606b2b_zps9f93

ys92s_zps11f285da.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Minasan ohayou!  Wakarimasu chotto Nihongo, because Ji Chang-wook will be camped out in Japan for the next three weeks while appearing in the Ju-bon role in "Brothers Were Brave."  As soon as the curtain came down on his performance in "Jack the Ripper" on 26 July, he arrived at Haneda on 27 July and immediately went into rehearsals.  The first show for both he and Kim Do-hyeon (playing his brother Seokbong) premiered on 30 July, with a small press conference afterwards.

The 31 July show was primarily for press coverage only, with a small (yet vocal) audience in attendance.  I'll post pictures mostly from tonight's show, because the quality is better.  Don't get me wrong... I appreciate and love the fan shots sent to me, but most are somewhat blurry and do not upload well to Soompi.  Gomen nasai. ^:)^

First off, here are shots of the flower bouquets the JCW Japan Fan Club sent before his premiere.  Japan does things differently over there -- where Korea fans arrange for rice wreaths in support of their actors, the Japanese fans send flowers instead.

proxy175_zpsc197886a.jpg  BQdy1g6CEAEHJlLjpg_large_zpse3312b39.jpg

The hallway at the Amuse Musical Theatre promoting the show!

BQZQgiKCMAEtFpfjpg_large_zpsf53b31bd.jpg   xmeuf_zps66e28b56.jpg

Next, the 'cheesecake shots' all the photographers were clamoring for!  I'm happy to see the reddish-color hair back again, but HOLY CRAP he looks SOOOO tired (and that overhead lighting isn't helping any either)!!!!  :((

KYOUDAIcyanuku2_zpsbb9c0abc.jpg

KYOUDAIcyanuku10_zps3ea0b647.jpg  07300173_zps6461a6ae.jpg

KYOUDAIcyanuku3_zps9781f6ef.jpg  KYOUDAIcyanuku6_zpsbbf87cf1.jpg

KYOUDAIcyanuku7_zpscb59276b.jpg  KYOUDAIcyanuku5_zpsed9a315a.jpg

KYOUDAIcyanuku8_zpsedc10101.jpg  KYOUDAIcyanuku4_zps835f14af.jpg

KYOUDAIcyanuku9_zpse0a47d56.jpg

And since the Soompi Servers are choking as I'm trying to upload everything, I'll put up the performance shots in a separate post shortly.  Stay tuned!

• Like 1

Finally, some pictures from the 30 July performance!  I heard everyone gasped when he made his first appearance on stage because he looked all frumpy and dishevled -- nothing like the modeling pictures hitting the news portals prior to his visit.  Such is the power of makeup and costumes!

0730112-395x420_zps9cde0e24.jpg

KYOUDAIBUTAI8_zps89a2cac6.jpg  KYOUDAIBUTAI10_zpsc35256e8.jpg

KYOUDAIBUTAI6_zps41451199.jpg  KYOUDAIBUTAI9_zpsbf46d705.jpg

KYOUDAIBUTAI4_zps3ec4da73.jpg

KYOUDAIBUTAI2_zps641e10a9.jpg  KYOUDAIBUTAI5_zps8c87b509.jpg  KYOUDAIBUTAI7_zpsca695fc9.jpg

KYOUDAIBUTAI3_zps6b675beb.jpg 

Ltcsearchnaverjp_zpsec4c9f4e.jpg  AKR20130731142900005_02_i_59_20130731162  Ktcsearchnaverjp_zpse3c8406d.jpgOtcsearchnaverjp_zpsc50adb40.jpgAKR20130731142900005_01_i_zps522a7a8a.jp  BQabS0ICIAE71hyjpg_large_zpsf1411579.jpg

So if anyone happens to be in Roppongi over the next few weeks, here's the performance schedule at the Amuse Musical Theatre:

BrothersWereBraveSchedule_zps5a296001.jp

Mercy.  A lot of matinee/evening two-fers on the bill for our poor overworked musical star!  And of course there is video proof -- courtesy of my friend Toyomi, here's footage of the 30 July encore (he comes in at the 2:04 mark).

You may be wondering why Chang-wook sounds so raspy during his encore.  Well, I have some bad news -- he's been diagnosed with nodes on his vocal cords and needs to 'dial down' his tone and volume during his tenure in Roppongi.  He must refrain from singing or even speaking on his days off, and should be taking it easy and resting when not on stage.  This is really a serious affliction for a singer and could even be a career-killer for him if left untreated.  I personally was never in such a bad state when I was performing for a living, but I had several friends who denied they were suffering and ended up permanently impaired.  So you better take some advice, My Precious -- get lots of rest and stay out of the karaoke bars!  At least I know he's eating well; several reports of him sucking down ramen in Shinjuku have made it to my e-mails.  Lucky boy!!! :X

Ah, it just sucks to be me.  If I could have extended my trip another two weeks, I would have offered to be his tour guide!  And on that note, while he should not be speaking too much, the press is clamoring for more and more of his time.  *sheesh*  I'm in the process of translating a few of his interviews given to the Japanese press... while under some heavy deadlines at work as well.  I'll put them up as soon as I can!

• 2 weeks later...

And here's a sneak peek at the 'Secret Love' omnibus drama that should (allegedly) premiere in September -- scenes inserted into the new KARA song "Runaway" to promote both the tune and the show.  Nice marketing idea, DSP Media!  But I could only account for 4 of the 5 hotties... I thought filming was completed months ago?  Hmmmm...

Of course, who ELSE would have all these noonas flocking around him? :X

vlcsnap-00003_zps289ee950.jpg

"Yes.  Yes, I know I'm too perfect for words."

vlcsnap-00004_zps2263f585.jpg

vlcsnap-00007_zps6f1bc538.jpg

Don't panic, folks... he's supposed to be a Guardian Angel, so you KNOW he's not going to die, right?   RIGHT?!?  :((

vlcsnap-00005_zps2f70bf06.jpg

vlcsnap-00006_zpsb09da0fb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We interrupt this dormant thread with the following...

WE FINALLY HAVE SOME NEWS!!!

Now that I've got your attention *ahem*, it was just announced 5 minutes ago that Ji Chang Wook may be casted as one of the three leads in the upcoming saguek "Empress Qi" (formerly known as "Hwatu"), starring along side Ha Ji-won and Joo Jin-mo.  More to follow shortly!!!

Update #1:  Still waiting to hear the Official Confirmation from his management company (and I *will* hear it directly!), but since the news is plastered all over the main news portals AND both MBC and Ha Ji-won's respective camps have made the announcement, this may be a done deal.

2013090511190536568_1_zps7ac0470b.jpg
(left to right: Ji Chang-wook; Ha Ji-won; Joo-Jin-mo)

Oh how my life is going to get complicated now... Traffic here will markedly increase, so I'd better get cracking on updating this joint!  X_X

• Like 1

CherKell said: We interrupt this dormant thread with the following...

WE FINALLY HAVE SOME NEWS!!!

Now that I've got your attention *ahem*, it was just announced 5 minutes ago that Ji Chang Wook may be casted as one of the three leads in the upcoming saguek "Empress Qi" (formerly known as "Hwatu"), starring along side Ha Ji-won and Joo Jin-mo.  More to follow shortly!!!

Update #1:  Still waiting to hear the Official Confirmation from his management company (and I *will* hear it directly!), but since the news is plastered all over the main news portals AND both MBC and Ha Ji-won's respective camps have made the announcement, this may be a done deal.

Oh how my life is going to get complicated now... Traffic here will markedly increase, so I'd better get cracking on updating this joint!  X_X