Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

d6d16729.jpg

Ji Chang Wook Accident Update 13:30 PM KST 29 February 2012:  Here's the first picture of Changwook-ssi, back on the set after the accident.   I'm really mega-upset and am not gonna mince words here -- I almost  threw up because he looks like death warmed over, but the lighting makes it look much worse that it actually is.  The scriptwriter was able to write his injuries into the storyline by putting Tae-yang into a fist-fight with one of the other characters (I know who, but I'm not going to spoil it for those who have not seen the episode yet).

rei, honey... you know me way too well.  When I found out that his MANAGER was the one behind the wheel, I was hell-bent on revenge.  I'm sure that his management company has sacked the jerkwad by now for injuring their 'cash cow' (for lack of a better term) -- Glorious Entertainment only has three talents in their stable, JCW being one of them.  What is most unsettling is that the Cone of Silence has come down hard on any more news on this situation -- he's not talking, his manager's not talking, the management's not talking... hell, even my chingus at the DayRock Fan Club have gone silent.  And that is just breaking my heart into tiny little pieces.

As always, I'll be updating this thread as news breaks.  In the meantime, I'll just be sitting over in the corner sobbing...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Annyeong chingus!  It's been awhile since I've been on this forum, so I apologize for having Real Life interfere and will swiftly bring everyone up to speed shortly.

As you may or may not have heard, JCW has been a busy little guy since BVS wrapped up on 8 March.  He has appeared at several promotional events since then which I will (hopefully) put up pictures and narratives herein.  But the most important news is that he's been cast in a new 50-episode makjang drama to be aired on SBS beginning 4 August 2012 entitled "Five Fingers" (link to Soompi Forum here: Five Fingers).  Starring as the Dreaded Second Lead, My Precious will be playing the younger brother to Joo Ji Hoon's character (YAY JOO JI HOON IS BACK TOO!!!).  I'm not gonna clog up this thread with new drama stuff, so go visit over there as more news gets posted hourly!! :)

More to follow -- stay tuned!!

• Like 1

I'd prefer to see him as the lead but accepting a role which is different from the other roles he played would definitely help his acting... I hope he won't be too much of a bad boy in the drama... I can't bare to see him doing things to make the lead suffer like all the antagonists always do

• Like 1

OMG! Happy Birthday Chang Wook oppa! Hehe. <3

Looking forward to seeing his new role. It's definitely different. Maybe he got some advice from Yoo Seungho about taking up the 2nd lead.  Sometimes the villain is the better role. Hehe. I'm sure he can handle it and show off how talented he is. =D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh I'm a bad little Jibaewoonim Fangirl, aren't I?  I've been spending way too much time on Real Life and the "Five Fingers" forum and neglecting this one as well.  But in all honesty, the new Soompi GUI leaves a lot to be desired -- the posts I put up two weeks ago and earlier this week have gone missing.  And it takes at least 20 minutes before a post actually sticks itself into this thread.  Pulling my hair out left and right!!!

Let's remedy that right now, arraso?  FINALLY he's back!!!  Uri Changwook's first appearance in the preview for Episode 5.  DAEBAK!!  ::faints dead::

3b95666b.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am sorry to see this thread is so weak. Ji Chang Wook certainly deserves better. He’s got a huge talent and, regardless of the quality of his dramas, his acting performance is outstanding. I like the expressivity of his eyes, the mobility of his face and the way he’s getting into his characters – very natural and convincing. He’s good in both modern and historical dramas but The Warrior Baek Dong-soo remains my favorite.
I wonder where JCW’s fans are right now, maybe on the Five Fingers thread?  Why not here too?

I like his smile…

jcwgif.gif

• Like 1

OH CRAP.  Soompi just Tweet-promoted this forum, so I'd better get cracking on posting more often!!  So here's some recent Twitter shots from the scene in "Five Fingers" Episode 17 where Woo-jin and In-ha get into a fight.  The caption states "It looks like an early winter this year."  Yannow, since he's all covered in dust and it looks like snow and... okay, I'll shut up now and let you all stare at The Pretty. :x

Precious101712_zps4ae57b5e.jpg  Precious2101712_zpsc5527a9b.jpg

• Like 1

And I'm sure everyone has seen these shots a million times by now, but just in case, here they are again!!  Changwook-ssi's management company posted these BTS photos from the 5F set ostensibly to show that even though the makjang gets heavy on set, the actors still have time to horse around and stuff to stave off the boredom of waiting around all the time.  He tweeted that one picture where he's sitting on the dog statue by saying "I apologize for this; this man is deranged.  Don't look!!"  BWAHAHAHA!!

2012101114365146_1_rstarcjh_zps14676118.

• Like 1

And even more news!  Changwook-ssi was a guest on 21 October for MNet's "News Wide" program (kinda like their "Entertainment Tonight" clone) to discuss all things JCW-related, I guess.  They just 'happened' to catch him in the recording studio where all the 'Five Fingers' OST releases have been produced... so does that mean we might be seeing a tune out of him for the soundtrack?  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!  (Although I would pay good money to hear him in a duet with Joo Ji Hoon instead...)

No air date for this segment has been announced yet, but I'm sure it should be within the next few days or so.  There's only 10 more episodes of 5F left, so they'd better get it in fast!

proxy_zps42d731bf.jpg

• Like 1

CherKell said: And even more news!  Changwook-ssi was a guest on 21 October for MNet's "News Wide" program (kinda like their "Entertainment Tonight" clone) to discuss all things JCW-related, I guess.  They just 'happened' to catch him in the recording studio where all the 'Five Fingers' OST releases have been produced... so does that mean we might be seeing a tune out of him for the soundtrack?  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!  (Although I would pay good money to hear him in a duet with Joo Ji Hoon instead...)

No air date for this segment has been announced yet, but I'm sure it should be within the next few days or so.  There's only 10 more episodes of 5F left, so they'd better get it in fast!

• Like 1

And also since I celebrated a birthday earlier this week, this is what my Korean friends surprised me with at dinner -- Changwook-ssi's picture is actually printed on a sheet of sugar!!  I have the BESTEST FRIENDS IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!  (And it's also really really scary how well they know me too...)  :x :x :x

BirthdayCake2012_zpsf6f6fa62.jpg

• Like 1