Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

There's just not enough hours in the day, chingus. Too much work keeps me away from my Normal JCW Spazzing™ and I. DON'T. LIKE. IT. :angry: :angry: :angry:

0b143d25.jpg

Anyway. I didn't want to put up anything until it was official... but it looks like it's official now. Ji Chang Wook and Wang Ji Hye (recently from "Protect The Boss") have been cast as the leads in the Channel A cable drama "Chonggakne Grocer" (International title might be "Bachelor's Grocery Store"). This drama is based on the true story about a man in his mid-20s who opened a small vegetable store in 1993 and went on to become sort of a Grocery Store Magnate. Starting out with one tiny store in Seoul, the Chonggakne Grocer chain now has over 33 stores across Korea. There's been several books and a musical written about this guy's success, so will there be some singing and dancing from Changwook-ssi? I can hope, can't I?!? Excuse me for a second here...

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Okay, I'm back. Shooting begins on 10 December 11 November, so I don't have to worry about My Precious Warrior doing waaay too much right after WDBS wrapped up. (JCW just tweeted that he will finally take a vacation and get some rest. Good boy. ♥) Yes, this is on cable and it will allow a more relaxed shooting schedule than dramas on the Big 3 Networks... but if anyone is worried about the ratings won't be high enough, the way "Flower Boy Ramyun Shop" is burning up the ratings on its own cable network, I predict high scores for this one as well. BRING IT ON!!

• Like 1

Thanks for answering my questions CherKell... man.. why'd he have to wear so many layers of clothing for WBDS? :P hehe

Can't wait till Bachelor's Grocery Store comes out! I'm totally suffering from Ji Chang Wook withdrawl =_= ... but i just saw him in T-ara's new MV!!!

T-ara(티아라) _ Cry Cry MV

I love these 15 minute long mvs! hehe can't wait for part 2 ... more Chang Wook! He's the prettiest ganster I've ever seen :wub:

Thanks for answering my questions CherKell... man.. why'd he have to wear so many layers of clothing for WBDS?  :P  hehe

Can't wait till Bachelor's Grocery Store comes out! I'm totally suffering from Ji Chang Wook withdrawl =_=  ... but i just saw him in T-ara's new MV!!!

T-ara(티아라) _ Cry Cry MV

I love these 15 minute long mvs! hehe can't wait for part 2 ... more Chang Wook! He's the prettiest ganster I've ever seen  :wub:

Nat!!  How the heck are ya?  Figured you'd find us here eventually... gotta agree with ya on the 'clothing issue' WDBS presented.  Fusion Sageuk aside, where were the Brooding Shower Scenes, dammit?!? :wub:

I loved the "Cry Cry" video as much as the next person, but I needed to stay away from the excessive fangirling running amuck on various sites. (I'll put up some screencaps shortly.)  Although it doesn't look good for Our Little Gangsta Boy, I'm totally foaming at the mouth for the next installment big time!!  :w00t:

Welcome all newbies to the JCW Forum!!  I am soooo behind on posting news and reviews lately, but hope to remedy that over this upcoming weekend (I have the Job From Hell taking over my life right now).  But just as a Rule of Thumb here, please do not re-post pictures that have already been put up in a prior post.  We're trying to keep the redundancy level to a minimum and keep our spazzing focused more towards the important things... like Changwook-sshi! :D

Back in a few, chingus!!  Annyong!

• Like 1

Hm.  I knew trying to keep up with proctoring three different forums was gonna catch up with me... but I'll try to fill in some gaps from the past few weeks' news reports.  

A nice article was posted on the City of Daejeon blog about Changwook-sshi officiating as the Honorary Ambassador of the 2012 WACS Conference -- I'm in the process of reading and translating the beast and will edit this post when done.  But they did put up a nice little BTS video of the photoshoot they did back in late October, so I've attached it here along with some screencaps from the video.  Hate the way the PD-nim used their fish-eye lens to film the video, though.  Hmpf.

http://youtu.be/4zq2CAUcV94

d7ae140a.jpg
99522cd2.jpg

d9485feb.jpg

(all courtesy The City of Daejeon Travellers' Information Bureau)

The Job From Hell is starting to slow slightly, so there's more to follow soon!  biggrin.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a lot of JCW news coming from overseas, since he's knee-deep in filming his "Bachelor Vegetable Store" drama out in the Seoul countryside.  I was really starting to get worried about the lack of sightings!!  tears.gif

But at least the PD-nim let him get away from the filming site for a few hours -- here’s a picture of His Hotness at the 1st Annual Korea Music Copyright (KOMCA) Awards last night (4 December 2011) in Seoul. He was both a presenter and attendee, and probably was giving support to his fellow cast member Ji Hyuk (as Supernova won some sort of huge award).

4a3939c0.jpg

And since it was aired live on Channel A (the same station which is bankrolling his latest drama), somewhere out there has GOT TO BE film of this momentous occasion. As soon as I can tear myself away from those gorgeous sparkly eyes of his, I’ll start searching!!! wub.gif

• Like 1

Although it's old interview but make we can know him more.

KOREAN WAVE > Celebrities 2010.02.08

[iNTERVIEW] Actor Ji Chang-wook

GOOD (0)

Reporter : Yoon Hee-Seong.

Editor : Jang Kyung-Jin.

Editor : Lucia Hong.

Interview with actor Ji Chang-wook

My name is Ji Chang-wook.

My birthday is July 5, 1987.

I am an only child. I am quiet at home to the extent that I'll seem brusque. The character Mi-poong that I play in KBS TV series "My Too Perfect Sons" is different from me in both background and personality.

During high school I wanted to work in architecture or engineering for no particular reason. When I was even younger, my dreams kept changing. I wanted to be in the police force, a teacher, a judge, lawyer, doctor and other jobs. Of course, my mind changed as I started to face reality. (laughs)

When I was in middle school, my homeroom teacher would call out the names of the students who ranked within the top 50 in the entire school and they would stand up to receive applause. I was upset that I wasn't one of the students who got to stand up so from then on, I forced myself to study hard. In the end, my name got called for applause but I think I was too young to know how cool it was to receive applause from my classmates.

When I applied for Dankook University's department of Theater and Film, I performed a song from the musical "Les Miserables" for the performance part of test. I always had an interest in musicals and I enjoy big productions but I prefer small productions because you're closer to the audience so you can interact with them better.

When I did actual musicals at Daehakro (the cultural streets) I got into a lot of trouble. At the time I was the youngest actor and I think I let the pressure of being the worst performer get to me. I was supposed to be more open-minded and react to everything but I shut myself off so I think I wasn't able to show my true potential. I had the hardest time with my musical back then too.

I enjoy watching movies. I don't favor a particular genre but if I had to pick one, I would say I like thrillers. The most recent film that I watched was "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". Brad Pitt is one of my favorite actors and it received such great reviews in the first place. I think it was a well-made movie.

The director of film "Sleeping Beauty" was my senior from college Lee Hana. She transferred to an academy at one point but I decided to appear in the film based on my trust in her. At the time, I actually didn't understand the entire film but I discussed with her a lot about my character.

When I shot the commercial for T-Cash, I felt comfortable because there was a flow to it. It was a fun experience. I gave the money I made from that to my mom.

Before being cast for "My Too Perfect Sons", I auditioned in front of the director and scenarist and they told me that the reason they chose me was because of my seeminly good-natured smile. (laughs)

I learned how to knit and cross stitch to play my character Mi-poong. I'm not the best but I know how to knit a scarf. I can knit one row and purl one row. Cross stitching is easier because you just repeat the same pattern.

I love to exercise. When I was a student, I used to run around with my friends playing soccer and basketball. During middle school, we had a swimming class and I used to swim a lot. Our school gymnasium had a swimming pool on the basement level.

My hometown is Anyang and whenever I have free time I meet with my friends in the neighborhood. We'll go to street No. 1 and play a game of pool or go to an Internet cafe to play online games. When I meet my college friends, we talk about our hardships at work but if I have personal problems I meet my close friends.

I still play Starcraft sometimes. I'm not the best at it but I like to play. In middle school, I used to watch the Starcraft games on TV. My favorite Starcraft player was Hong Jin-ho! I used to play the Zergs just like him.

If I had free time I would want to learn to play an instrument. I want to learn how to play guitar in particular. I'm not the best player but I enjoy it. And I want to continue to learn how to play piano. I used to take piano lessons when I was younger, but I had begged my mom to allow me to stop because I hated it so much. During school, I used to read the notes, play the piano and sing with my underclassmen but I still lack the skills.

Many people tell me that I look like Jonathan Rhys Meyers. My school friends performed the stage play of the movie "Match Point" and for some time my nickname was Jonathan. (laughs)

Reporter : Yoon Hee-Seong nine@10asia.co.kr

Photographer : Lee Won-woo

Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@asiae.co.kr, Jang Kyung-Jin three@10asia.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

link for eng hard sub D/l of Sleeping Beauty Movie http://www.asiandramadownloads.com/korean-movie/sleeping-beauty/

Sleepingbeauty.jpg

Synopsis:

Do-yeon, a 6th grade elementary school student, meets her cousin Sang-jun at her grandmother’s funeral. On the last day of the funeral Do-yeon and Sang-jun go into an empty classroom near the funeral. There they have their first sexual experience.

Lee Rae, a single women in her 50′s, lives with her father who suffers from Alzheimer’s. She raises ducks, but recently got rid of them because of Avian Influenza. Her father’s physical and mental health has also worsened. He even asks Lee Rae to touch him inappropriately.

17 year old Su-Jin was smuggled into the country by professional brokers. She was adopted into a family that lives in a countryside farm. On her first day at the farm she was raped by her stepfather. They also share the same bedroom. Su-Jin is continuously accosted by her stepfather. Su-jin sole source of comfort is the grandson, who sympathizes with Su-jJn and her plight. He is a victim of physical abuse from the stepfather. Su-Jin then becomes pregnant. One day, close to the day that Su-Jin is expected to give birth, she and the grandson finds a bloody knife…

Cast:

Lee Na-Ri – Su-Jin

Ja-yeong Kim (김자영)

Ah-yeong Lim (임아영)

Kwon Tae-Won

Ji Chang-Wook

Kang Suk-Ho – Mr. Hwang

Movie: Sleeping Beauty

Revised romanization: Seulriping Byuti

Hangul: 슬리핑 뷰티

Director: Han-na Lee

Writer: Han-na Lee

Producer: Myeong-eun Kim

Cinematographer:

Release Date: October 23, 2008

Runtime: 109 min.

Distributor: Kino-Eye

Language: Korean

88d4e6d1.jpg
KBS Drama Awards Reveals List of 2011 Nominees

Congratulations to Ji Chang Wook for being nominated by KBS as Best Daily Drama Male Actor, and for "Useora Donghaeya" for being nominated as Best Family Drama for 2011!!  Granted, I would be royally pissed off if Dong-hae *didn't* get nominated this year -- cripes, it was the highest-ranked KBS drama this year (and the highest ranking drama over all the terrestrial stations this year).   And for some unknown reason, he's up against his own 'dad' Kim Jun (Kang Suk Woo) in that actor category.  Le sigh...

The KBS Drama Awards show will be broadcast live in South Korea on 31 December 2011, and hopefully a subbed version will be following shortly thereafter!!  Chughahaeyo Changwook-ssi!!  Fighting!!

da627b9c.jpg

Naver, which is one of the popular Google-like search engines used in South Korea (along with Nate and Daum), just compiled its 2011 Top Search Words rankings and decided to share them with the world (through the AllKPop link above). How nice to see that TWO of Changwook-ssi's dramas were in that Top Ten:  

1. Dream High

2. Secret Garden

3. Smile, Donghae

4. City Hunter

5. The Greatest Love

6. The Princess’ Man

7. All My Love

8. Sign

9. 49 Days

10. Warrior Baek Dong Soo

It looks like KBS totally had the stranglehold on the 2011 Drama World, with 7 out of the Top 10 being from their stables. The other three were courtesy of SBS, with nary an MBC drama to be seen at all.  Awww, poor MBC -- start stepping up your game, peeps!

I'm sure these rankings will go all topsy-turvy now that more cable offerings are starting to pop up on our small screens. Anyway, congrats again to JCW for his starring roles in these productions!!

78371bb5.jpg

ba9dc868.jpg

Ooooooh my!! ::fanning self:: Now *this* is the way to wake up in the morning!! ::fanning self again:: Here’s some snaps that JCW tweeted overnight — a photographer friend of his put up these NGs from a shoot that happened last January 2011 and he just recently found in his digital library. ::fanning self a third time:: Don’t be holding stuff like that back, dude!! But wow… compared to the more recent WBDS and BVS shots, just look at that baby face in the last picture… RAWR!! ♥♥♥

06c5797b.jpg

Annyeonghaseyo chingus!  Don't want to duplicate and spam this forum, but if you want to see the pictorial from the Bachelor's Vegetable Store Press Conference held earlier today (14 December 2011) at the Seoul Garden Hotel, hit up this link and go drink in The Pretty for awhile.  The fun and games start on Page 3!!

It's my first time posting here. I saw Ji Chang Wook in Warrior Baek Dong Soo and since then I started searching for his dramas and movies. And I loved how he loved and cared for his mom in Smile Donghae.

@cherkell I don't mind if you post BVS pictures and articles here too... The more of him the better, right?

Guest deeana88

i really really really love his smile. when i see him smile, it makes me want to smile too, involuntarily at that. hope he will succeed in everything he does!!! ji chang wook oppa, fighting!!!! :) pls do post lots of pictures of him, he is just so cute to watch!!! :wub:

i really really really love his smile. when i see him smile, it makes me want to smile too, involuntarily at that. hope he will succeed in everything he does!!! ji chang wook oppa, fighting!!!! :) pls do post lots of pictures of him, he is just so cute to watch!!! :wub:

Deeana, not a problem -- there's been soooo much press these days that I'm having trouble keeping up with all of it! There's a lot more Drama Awards news to post, but I'll throw this up to keep you all drooling for a bit longer.  From the January 2012 edition of SURE Magazine, I present to you a snap from My Precious Bachelor's most recent photoshoot.  As soon as my own copy arrives in the mail, I'll post the entire spread on here.  RAWR.  wub.gif

01b338bc.jpg

This man is amazing. He is so talented and very good looking as well. I thought he looked a bit like Heechul with a bit more masculinity. lol Very handsome though. Honestly after watching some of his work (esp Warrior Baek Dong Soo) he has quickly become my favorite new actor. I see an amazing future ahead for him, and he is still quite young too. From his interview, you can really get a sense of how he underplays everything "im not the best..but i like it" lol.. Either he is just very humble, lacks confidence, or doubts himself too much. It was like he wants to share all his interests but doesn't want people to expect too much haha Aww, I just want to give him a hug.

He also was in another MV by Young Gun "Must Let You Go" with T-ara's Jiyeon . He looks super hot in it.

Now for some of my favorite pictures of him, I'll upload more as I get more time:

55cfdb3d517a0778a20be01.jpg

984d83d02c27749bda4380a.jpg

donghae24.jpg

26993323641556971391122.jpg

20111011131831079783072.jpg

312043563.jpg

jichangwook1.jpg

jichangwook2.jpg

10076530.jpg

photo179676.jpg

photo179677.jpg

photo179683.jpg

Credits: watermarked on pics.

Chukaeyo to Changwook-ssi for winning a bunch of awards tonight!!  First off, he took one of the Best Newcomer prizes at the SBS 2011 Drama Awards for WBDS ("Newcomer" because that was his first production for SBS; not because he's a newcomer to acting)...

ea75caaa.jpg

(What got my anger up was She Who Will Not Be Named (aka EmoNunLog) *also* won a Newcomer Award.  WTF are the people at SBS smoking these days, hunh?)

... and then had to run across town to the KBS 2011 Drama Awards to pick up his Best Actor in a Daily Drama award for "Smile Donghae."

7e62870c.jpg

I'll put up more pictures very shortly --  both awards very-well deserved for the Hardest Working Hottie in Show Business!!!  Here's to many more awards in the future!!!  

wub.gif

Guest deeana88

I just saw the KBS Drama Award 2011.:w00t: Congrats Ji Chang Wook :wub: for winning both the awards. :( Although, I hope he will get enough rest after this.  Anyway, congrats again!! Ji Chang Wook, Fighting!!!! :D