Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

On 12/11/2018 at 10:44 PM, Bella Akemi said:

I really miss this guy.. Still waiting for your comeback. 

Me, too, @Bella Akemi, me, too!  So nice of you to stop and say how much you care.  But really, of all the many celebrities who have been conscripted into the ROK Army, I might venture to say that Soldier Ji Chang Wook has had more "airtime" than most of them.  So many IG'ers post bits and pieces of the show, and so many have actually attended more than one showing, WOW.......they have made the most of this opportunity to see and hear him LIVE, in the flesh.....and have shared their experiences.  

While waiting for the "comeback,"  as usual, I am experimenting with pictures and events of the past, and linking them in different ways.  I found a lovely little video on YouTube.....a FanMeeting in Thailand, showing Actor Ji become slightly overcome with emotion at the tribute the Thai fans gave him.  See for yourself.  Those brown eyes don't miss anything.  

The-Many-Faces-of-JI2.gif

The many faces of Actor Ji.  See the original YT video here:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBXxAWniGYA.  Goodness and sweetness at their best!  Thanks to the video author.

On 12/17/2018 at 10:33 PM, shilamos said:

Hello friend,

Where Can i find jcw previous interview on "Wide Entertainment"(March 2014) with sub-eng. 

Please give me the link.

Thank you 

Hello to you @shilamos!  Sorry, but I can't find any information about your request......Can you give more information about it?  Do you know what the interview was about?  Maybe @cherkell will know, if you don't mind waiting some more.

Well, it's holiday time and Corporal Ji Chang Wook is doing his Army duty wowing the fans all over South Korea in Shinheung Military Academy ~ The Musical!    He seems to be having an awfully good time, too with the other two Musketeers, Kang Ha Neul and Sunggyu.  It's so good to see that camaraderie and those high spirits.  :joy:

See under the spoiler! :ph34r:

Spoiler

3musketeers-smaller-1.gif

I'm getting into the holiday season, too.  Since forever I have wanted to do a morph of young Chang Wook slowly turning into current-day Chang Wook, and now some of the pictures of him in Shinheung have given me the perfect picture of him as he is now.  Here's my chance!

ChangWookthentilnow.gif

On 12/21/2018 at 12:21 PM, MyStars said:

Hello to you @shilamos!  Sorry, but I can't find any information about your request......Can you give more information about it?  Do you know what the interview was about?  Maybe @cherkell will know, if you don't mind waiting some more.

Hello @shilamos!  As far as I know, an English-subbed version of that WIDE Entertainment show does not exist.  It's the one that was aired on MNet, correct?  That came out well before we started The Kitchen -- and before Wook's popularity started its meteoric climb.

Well, now!  Since @cherkell provided the keyword ~ MNet ~ I did find this YouTube video.  Is this the one?  Reading the numerous comments EVERYONE was begging (or demanding) English subs.....But none available since 2012, when Five Fingers and the MNet interview came out. Sigh.....But, even finding it added to my pleasure immensely, even without English subs.  Thanks to @shilamos for bringing it up!  It's a fun watch.  For all of you out there who are just now "discovering" Ji Chang Wook, it's another piece of history.

Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwOFD93PxO0

It is going to be a New Year soon.  Greetings to 2019.  What might it hold for Ji Chang Wook?  I want to be around to find out!  LOL.

K2headscaled-2.png

Original artwork.....Unfinished preliminary sketch for a larger study.   Mixed media (graphite pencil, white charcoal) on Strathmore 400 series Toned Gray 9"X12"; converted to digital with GIMP and my trusty Epson scanner/printer.

• Like 1

Oh this is such good news, as we long-time fans have had many chances to personally interact with Shin Sung Jin over the years.  You may recognize his face before his name, but Ji Chang Wook's good friend and the pianist who has accompanied him at all his fan meetings and his OST recordings just announced he is getting married!  Sung-jin will be taking the plunge with K-pop singer Lee Ji-nah sometime around the end of March 2019.

DvzcZ04V4AABx_9.jpg

Congratulations to the both of them!  Wonder if Wook will get the chance to sing the congratulatory song at the ceremony? :D

@cherkell Thanks for that update on the number of followers on his Instagram!  I was going to say it was amazing, but it wasn't really amazing......because he earned every one of those additional followers.  So it was just his "just reward."    :star:He should have millions more. :star:   Being in the Army actually INCREASED his appeal, by providing opportunity for many, many people to see him "up close and personal"  and to just fall in love with the guy because of his good nature and incredible talent.  Bet that's the first time the ROK Army ever stood in for a celebrity as a successful talent agent, producer, and manager......LOL.  A mixed blessing in many ways.  (I know the ROK Army has done this before, but I bet not with these results.  Of course, they never, IMHO, had such talent to work with!)  

One thing that struck me as strange, while looking at the IG entries by fans at the different showings for Shinheung, was that there didn't seem to be any large gaggle of press people covering the crowds of fans who were rushing the cast morning, noon and night during the local showings.  Maybe it did happen, but the IG'ers didn't catch it in their filming.  

And he is SUCH a short-timer, coming up on just a hundred days, give or take!  Here, from my twisted imagination, is what his leave-taking might look like.going-home-with-word-balloons-1.png

• LOL 1