Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

3 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi didadi, I couldn't agree with you more - + 'territory expansion' -  the pay is higher in China than it is in Korea and they know that they Chinese Market will soon lead to the international market. They get paid about twice as much. That's why many prefer to star in C-movies/dramas. Chinese market is big. That means China has a lot of market to cover. Through C-movies/dramas, not only can Korean stars become bigger in China, but internationally, into Hollywood. :P

I think he is already reaping the benefits of his China success.I think it was implied in Glorious entertainment response to the news that JCW has become the highest paid actor of tvN, they said it was "due to his involvement in other projects in Japan and China". 

I just want to make clear that all this discussion about money is not criticism of him, I think he is doing all the right moves.

• Like 1

Somehow the voice dubbing in Chinese for JCW sounds quite nice. I get used to it, and I think they choose a very good voice already. 

MJ Park has made a lot of fan MV, and this is the first one of JCW  in 'Tornado Girl 2'. It's really good!

JCW looks very handsome in this drama. Honestly he is the most gorgeous, even better than all the girls. Haha...

:wub:

• Like 2

I am looking forward to seeing JCW in the new Dramas. Kdrama or cdrama both are great. I was kind of skeptical about Whirlwind 2, but it is surprisingly an entertaining watch. Healer was by far my favorite amongst all his dramas. Have watched it a number of times. It was an excellent mix of action, comedy, romance, melodrama and superb cast. 

Cant wait for K2..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Annie Choice said:

I am looking forward to seeing JCW in the new Dramas. Kdrama or cdrama both are great. I was kind of skeptical about Whirlwind 2, but it is surprisingly an entertaining watch. Healer was by far my favorite amongst all his dramas. Have watched it a number of times. It was an excellent mix of action, comedy, romance, melodrama and superb cast. 

Cant wait for K2..

Hi Annie Choice, it is one of my favorites as well......... I guess one factor that JCW rose in popularity was this drama some years ago.  Can't wait for "K2", too!  This is one of my most anticipating dramas. I’m pretty excited for this one. The plot sounds interesting so, I hope for a good drama. He's still too young & so much ahead of him..... Enjoy while it lasts, Oppa! :P

• Like 1

[Interview] 20160728 Tengxun – Ji Chang Wook “Whirlwind Girl 2” interview

I’m not childish, I’m actually a philosopher. 

tx001

The ongoing broadcast of “Whirlwind Girl 2” has given us a big surprise — Ji Chang Wook. He is cool and mysterious in the drama, but outside the screen, he is always described by his colleagues as “playful and active”, “greedy and childish”, and won a legion of fans based on these qualities, including the endearing nickname of “Ji three-year-old (池三岁/chi san sui)”. But in Ji Chang Wook’s interview with Tengxun, he frankly reveals that he is not as “childish” as what everyone thinks, but is mature and thorough when it comes to dealing with daily matters in life, and will even ponder over problems like a philosopher sometimes. 

Coach Chang An has a distant feeling that keeps strangers away, is this similar to your real self?
Coach Chang An’s personality is colder, the type who is hard to get close to, you cannot find a trace of smile on his face. But my personality is very different.

Isn’t it rather tough to control your laughter?
So I laugh once the camera isn’t aiming at me.

What is the most interesting aspect of Chang An?
I feel he’s very concrete. There is a big contrast between his personality in the beginning and towards the end, there will be fluctuations and you will sense a big change, so it’s rather fun.

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/08/02/interview-20160728-tengxun-ji-chang-wook-whirlwind-girl-2-interview/

• Like 3

21 hours ago, nploan said:

Somehow the voice dubbing in Chinese for JCW sounds quite nice. I get used to it, and I think they choose a very good voice already. 

MJ Park has made a lot of fan MV, and this is the first one of JCW  in 'Tornado Girl 2'. It's really good!

JCW looks very handsome in this drama. Honestly he is the most gorgeous, even better than all the girls. Haha...

:wub:

Hi nploan, I couldn't agree with you more - JCW looks so good in that C-drama. His agency has responded to rumors that claim there has been a halt on the airing of this drama in China - You see, there are currently rumors circulating that China plans to ban K-stars from appearing on its TV shows due to SK’s plans for an anti-missile defense system. But, they said that this is groundless because it is continuing to air in China. :P

• Like 2

12 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi nploan, I couldn't agree with you more - JCW looks so good in that C-drama. His agency has responded to rumors that claim there has been a halt on the airing of this drama in China - You see, there are currently rumors circulating that China plans to ban K-stars from appearing on its TV shows due to SK’s plans for an anti-missile defense system. But, they said that this is groundless because it is continuing to air in China. :P

And for those who think this is a mere blip on the radar (no pun intended), this is a very serious freakin' deal.  Sometimes international viewers forget that China is still a Communist country and all media has to be sanctioned by the State.  Chinese government officials could conceivably mandate that all Korean stars' performances be cut out of an already-airing drama.  And for WG2, that would mean cancelling the entire series because Wook is the lead and in virtually every scene of the show.

This situation has passed the rumour stage now.  It's not just television show appearances; fan meetings are being cancelled and K-stars are having issues getting their visas approved for China activities.  Glorious is still promoting Wook's Nanjing concert on 20 August, but we're monitoring the situation and waiting for further word to see if it also gets bounced.

UPDATE:  "Whirlwind Girl 2" aired on Hunan TV as scheduled today.  There is such a thing as "contractual obligations" at play here too.  Hope the Chinese government doesn't forget that.  :angry:

• Like 2

I read on a JCW fan page, it's said a fan got both Yoona and JCW's autograph at a restaurant. Even though there is no official confirmation , but it seems like Yoona will act with JCW in drama 'K2'. :)

Are you enjoying "Whirlwind Girl 2"? I think it's quite fun to watch . 

• Like 1

[Event] Ji Chang Wook to hold ‘JCW Autumn Festival’ fan meetings

jcwautumn.jpg?w=600&h=695

It was recently announced that Ji Chang Wook will hold a few more fan meetings in Japan at the end of November 2016 with the theme entitled “JCW Autumn Festival.”  Ticket and venue details are below!
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, nploan said:

I read on a JCW fan page, it's said a fan got both Yoona and JCW's autograph at a restaurant. Even though there is no official confirmation , but it seems like Yoona will act with JCW in drama 'K2'. :)

Are you enjoying "Whirlwind Girl 2"? I think it's quite fun to watch . 

Definitely enjoying WhirlWind Girl 2. Hopefully JCW will get the girl at the end ;)

Cant wait for K2. Action Romance is my favorite genre. 

• Like 1

[Instagram Update] 5 August 2016

오 사장님 노래 좋아요  #성수동 #카나비 #금요라이브 #강우형 #힘내 #canaby #good

Oh boss sings well  #Seongsu dong #carnaby #friday live #kangwoo hyung #be strong #canaby #good

*Seongsu dong is a neighbourhood in Seoul. Carnaby is the name of his friend’s restaurant.

• Like 2

[CF] Ji Chang Wook warms up with the AMH 2016 Fall/Winter collection

9f6ec54djw1f6hp9emg5kj21hc0u0tm7.jpg?w=6

AMH is not resting on its laurels either when it comes to Ji Chang Wook’s promotions for its own 2016 Fall/Winter clothing collection.  We have the results here, plus a short behind-scenes video from the photoshoot.  Take a look!

cpgbzyjuaaandef.jpg?w=600&h=600

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/08/06/cf-ji-chang-wook-warms-up-with-amh-2016-fallwinter-collection/

• Like 1

Ji Chang Wook And Yoo Joon Sang Reveal Each Other’s Drinking Habits

Ji Chang Wook And Yoo Joon Sang Reveal Each Other’s Drinking Habits

Actors Ji Chang Wook and Yoo Joon Sang revealed some hilarious tidbits about each other on a recent interview.

The main cast of the musical “The Days,” which includes Yoo Joon Sang, Ji Chang Wook and Shin Go Eun, guested on the August 7 episode of the MBC’s “Section TV.”

Ji Chang Wook talks about their relationships, saying, “Since the first day of practice, Yoo Joon Sang sunbae mentioned that we should go on a trip and we actually were able to do that. We picked a date and about a month later, we went on the trip.”

Yoo Joon Sang then reveals some details of what happened on the trip, sharing, “Chang Wook is exactly the same when he drinks.” Ji Chang Wook adds, “There’s no change in my behavior. I just get really red.”

When asked if he can drink, Yoo Joon Sang replies, “Although I look like I can drink well, I don’t drink a lot. Even if I do drink, its maybe just one glass.”

Ji Chang Wook chimes in and makes everyone laugh when he honestly says, “Joon Sang hyung prefers the drinking games over the actual drinking!”

Source:  MBC SectionTV

• Like 2

[Instagram/Weibo Update] 7 August 2016

Instagram:

coming soon  #기대 #대박 #우와 #안녕하세요 #김제하 #입니다 #tvN #드라마

coming soon  #anticipate #daebak #woah #hello #I am #Kim Jae Ha #tvN #drama

Spoiler

Weibo:

dajia hao wo shi 김제하  qing duoduo qidai

Hello everyone I am Kim Jae Ha  Please look forward to it

• Like 2

[Eng Sub] 20160807 Section TV – Ji Chang Wook, Yoo Joon Sang and Shin Go Eun

160807SectTV-000

Ji Chang Wook appeared on Section TV with his fellow “The Days” co-stars Yoo Joon Sang and Shin Go Eun to promote their ongoing musical.

Sharp-eyed fans may recognise that Shin Go Eun was the emcee who interviewed Ji Chang Wook and Yoo Joon Sang on Section TV two years ago. Call it fate or coincidence, she now joins them in the same musical as the female lead. The three of them engage in friendly banter over who contributed to the high ticket sales, who would make a better bodyguard, and their tolerance for alcohol.

Watch the subbed video here: https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/08/09/eng-sub-20160807-section-tv-ji-chang-wook-yoo-joon-sang-and-shin-go-eun/

• Like 2

China’s ‘Hallyu prohibition order’ list leaks: report

China’s “Hallyu prohibition order” list has been leaked online, according to the Chinese media outlet, Sina, on Saturday.

“Hallyu prohibition order” is an order that restricts Korean content and the activities of Korean celebrities in China. Sina announced that “53 productions and 42 celebrity names under the effect of Hallyu prohibition order, have been leaked online.”

The list included Korea-China collaboration dramas, such as “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” featuring Lee Young-ae, “Jade Lovers” featuring Lee Jong-suk, “Love Weaves Through A Millennium” with Yoo In-na, “Mr. Right” with Ji Chang-wook and “Graduation Season” with and Krystal.

Sina said that the Chinese broadcasting industry is intentionally restricting Korean content. It further claimed that there is no chance for the drama “Saimdang, Light’s Diary,” to be released in China, and that Ji Chang-wook’s part will be deleted in Hunan TV’s show “Whirl Whirl Girl2.”

It is currently unknown how the list was leaked and the Chinese State Administration of Radio, Film, and Television has not announced any official position.

By Choi Hyung-won (h.c1110@hotmail.com)

• Like 1

@willenette OH NOOOO....I hope this is not true :tears: Wookie's part will be deleted from Whirlwind Girl 2 too...oh no oh no :bawling: But i wonder how can they delete his part when he is the main lead though?? If all his parts get deleted, don't they need to film the whole thing all over for the drama to make more sense? Let's hope this is not true :( Wookie worked so hard for these 2 dramas too. 

And Wookie just updated his weibo yesterday about his Nanjing concert, will that be cancelled too? 

BTW, I saw this twitter account --> https://twitter.com/K2_tvN Does this mean Yoona accepted the role already?? 

• Like 1

[Instagram Update] 9 August 2016

13725496_648939848596707_1300041132_n

반주:조강현
노래:강우
화음:준형
포토:창욱

두둥  #음주가무 #놀자 #룰루랄라 #친구

Accompaniment:  Cho Kang-hyun
Singer:  Kang-woo
Harmony:  Jun-hyeong
Photo:  Chang-wook