|WGM Chinese Version| We Are In Love - BF Choi Siwon |SUJU| and GF Liu Wen |Victoria Secret Model|

@allnaturalcrunchtime_stv- thanks for the info.  I like Sun a lot, she is low key and still focuses her career outside China.  Besides Tao, she is the only Asian Industry ICON in 2015, per Models.com ranking. She's been at it for as long as LW has and it is nice to see her efforts paying off.  

Liu Wen is still my favorite not only because of her accomplishments due to hard work but also because of her personality and drive to succeed. She has indeed spent a lot of time in China and has quite a few magazine covers, e.g. Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire, Bazzar.  I really hope that she  and her agents can capitalize on her popularity and take her career to a new level and join fashion legends such as Turlington, Crawford, Bunchen, etc. 

Speaking of top brands, LW just lent her voice to a short film describing LV origin and legacy, mainly focusing on its leather goods.  The voiceover is in Chinese and she did a great job. People speculate that LW recorded the voiceover in Taiwan right after the Paris Fashion Week. 

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQwNjQ1MjczMg==.html

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jusrub said:

Turns out bgchae flew to HK .. Oh well, there goes my handwritten letter ... 

Makes me wonder, what does his " I will be back soon, Liuwen " mean actually .. 

I think BG Chae meant exactly what he wrote, he is going to NYC soon and we can infer that he might meet up with Liu Wen if both of them are in NYC at the same time. LW and BG know each other and are likely friends. Since he is a close friend to SW, I would think he knows a lot about LW/SW and it is highly likely that SW asked him to watch out for LW while he is away for the 5-week basic training, during which he hardly has contact with the outside world except handwritten letters, so Mr. Chae is probably doing what he is asked.  It is interesting that he is doing it so publicly... some possibilities 1) he has not realized that his close tie to SW has attracted a lot of fan attention to him and he might scale back his "likes" and comments (is it even possible he does not know?) 2)  he wants the fans to see his interaction, ie. I am a close friend to SW and LW/SW are doing fine 3) he is not afraid of the fans seeing whatever he writes...

I like and comment on my friends' IG posts publically because I want to show them and their followers I like and support what they post and I don't mind people knowing, however, if any question I have or comments I make are slightly private, I would PM them or choose another way to communicate with them.

So let's enjoy what we have. :-)

• Like 5

Finally i can post again in this thread. Btw, the 5 week training (4 week + 1 week) i think is for ROK army training. For Auxiliary Police training is 4 week training at nonsan and then 3 week training at (ilsan?) i remember donghae finishing a his nonsan training a week earlier than eunhyuk. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sj08_stv said:

Yup, he and changmin will be done by the 17th. Siwon and Changmin will most likely be based in Seoul just like Donghae :) too easy for the fans to be arrested

Or fainted or short of breath or panic attack 

• Like 5

SW looks great in the new photos, seems like he has been adapting well. This should be a slow month for LW hopefully she will stay in Asia before she has to prepare for next set of fashion shows... I saw an IG post today, she had 5 people working on her in the photo with 3 blow dryers around her head!

• Like 4

Interesting posts from N_407 and Lee Seung Yeun... which seems to indicate that Siwon's military training ends 15 Dec? :w00t:

If that's the case, we happen to know a certain bedimpled Chinese lady who will be in Shanghai on 14 Dec... :phew:

And speaking of her... her latest IG post - is this for her narration of the Louis Vuitton film?

• Like 6

Dec 2015 BAZAAR article on Liu Wen  - Part 1
translated from 
here

0060wjSvjw1eyt31z1x08j30rs0m80tz.jpg

Don't attempt to guess what is in Liu Wen's mind. Not everyone can become the public's Older Cousin

On the SNS platforms which are a favourite of young people, there are two extremely popular "older cousins", whose unaffected self confidence and outstanding achievements have propelled them to becoming idols. One is in Hollywood - Oscar winning actress who starred in the Hunger Games, Jennifer Lawrence; the other is in China who won the adoration of the public thanks to the reality show "Let Us Fall in Love" - supermodel Liu Wen. While the nickname of "Older Cousin" originated from a joke, saying I am so and so's older cousin, however the label of "Older Cousin" represents great popularity, and a strong affinity - not anyone can become the public's Older Cousin.

0060wjSvjw1eyt31ylu0ej30rs0zbn1i.jpg

As the world class leader among Chinese supermodels, Liu Wen has garnered impressive achievements in the fashion industry that she is so familiar with: doing catwalks for Victoria's Secret for 4 consecutive years from 2009 onwards; becoming the very first Chinese spokesperson for global cosmetics empire Estée Lauder in 2010; coming in 3rd in Forbe's supermodel ranking in 2014 with an annual income of USD7 million, comparable with Australian and US supermodels Miranda Kerr, Kate Moss...

It can be said that Liu Wen is in the spotlight of the entire world, in the midst of the world's most glamorous and beautiful materials. Despite a decade-long career on the runway, Liu Wen has retained her original self who came from a small town in Hunan Yongzhou: sincerity, courage and hardworking. By the 10th year, Liu Wen in 2015 has become everyone's "Older Cousin", having long disassociated herself from the fashion industry's cold, unapproachable image, and through the reality show, video programs and SNS, has presented a positive attitude towards life, influencing and captivating more and more young people.

When asked what she will do in 10 years' time, she thought for a moment then replied: "By then, I would probably already have children. I will tell them what I was like 10 years ago, the person who never wasted but enjoyed every moment of the present."

Model
=Throwing herself into work to suppress insecurity=

0060wjSvjw1eyt31z6ohrj30rs0zbabu.jpg

"Alone, not one species." These words came from Hou Hsiao-hsien's film "Nie Ying Niang", which is also the message that the film wanted to convey.

In actuality, as a model, the most important psychological quality is to learn to be alone.

Growing up, there were no trendy boutiques, not to mention fashion magazines in the small place that is Liu Wen's hometown of Hunan, Yongzhou. The most familiar Western exotic products were Kentucky Fried Chicken and McDonald's. Before leaving this small town to make a living in Beijing, Liu Wen never wore high heels, and her knowledge of how to wear fashionable clothes came from kdramas.

In 2006, 18-year-old Liu Wen began working as a model in Beijing. Just as many songs described it, Beijing is pregnant with hope every morning, but along with nightfall comes disappointment. Liu Wen said that in the beginning, she was not very confident, with adolescent acne still on her face, and felt that she was not the kind of girl who was bright-eyed, soft and delicate. "I was not sure whether I could persevere as a model, and considered giving up, then returning home and working in a different job." When she saw her roommate, also a model, getting more opportunities to do shows, "Honestly speaking, it was impossible not to be anxious. And the only thing I could do was cherish every performance and photoshoot opportunity, very seriously prepare and coordinate with the photographer and staff's requirements."

A multi-cultural environment directly affects new aesthetic demands. In fact, it was not too long before more and more magazines, photographers and modeling agencies began to look for a more modern face. Liu Wen's facial features and appearance represent a new possibility, widening the gap from the traditional subtlety and gentleness. A foreign director who once filmed a documentary with Liu Wen assessed her with a very pointed statement: "There are a lot of unknown elements about her."

Liu Wen's childhood personality has contributed to the formation of her strong personal style. She is definitely not a delicate girl.

She is very self-disciplined, to the extent of being obsessive compulsive. For example, she is never late, always waking up 2 hours earlier, giving herself 2 hours to shower, wash her hair and make herself neat and tidy - she would never allow herself to go to work with greasy hair. "I feel that this is a form of disrespect to the photographer and make-up artist. In addition, once on location, if the hair needs to be styled but has to be washed because it is too greasy, that is a waste of time."

She often goes out bare-faced, but would definitely wear a watch to remind herself when she needs to do anything. Each time she goes on a business trip, she would do her own packing, stuffing every pair of shoes with newspapers to ensure that the shoes are not bent out of shape at work. Also, whenver she arrives at the hotel room, she would open the luggage and hang up all the clothes, regardless of how late it is. "I cannot stand messy surroundings and would feel very uneasy when I see it. Sometimes I would even volunteer to pack my manager's luggage."

Liu Wen is now very adept in dragging a heavy suitcase, running around in high heels, rushing to do shows in foreign cities. Time is of the essence and must be grabbed in order present her best self to the brand and the audience.

As a supermodel who spends long periods of time overseas such as New York, London, Paris, Milan etc, Liu Wen does not have her own manager in many of these countries, and she has become a typical frequent flyer.

As more and more work poured in, Liu Wen's initial insecurity came from hotels. A usual situation would be to work in a city in the daytime, then fly to another city at night, so the next morning when she drew open the curtains, the scenery and the skies were ever changing, very foreign. "There is no feeling of home in hotel rooms."

Liu Wen's way of coping is to maintain her habit of tidying the room. When the work schedule was tight, "there was no more time to think of this problem."

She admits, "Being a model appears very glamorous, but is also a very lonely career. Among models, it is very difficult, very little time to build up a friendship. This is unlike white-collar workers, or TV drama crew, where there is a relatively fixed time and space [to do so]. For us, after finishing a show, we often would each be rushing to our next show. I am pretty good friends with He Sui, Sun Feifei, but oftentimes when we check up on each other, we are not in the same country or city."

As such, Liu Wen believes that one should learn to manage a lot of things by oneself.

• Like 4

Dec 2015 BAZAAR article on Liu Wen  - Part 2
translated from 
here

Reality Show
=Love is: My happiness cannot be bought=

0060wjSvjw1eyt31zfquhj30rs0zbq8x.jpg

Liu Wen's name has become known by even more people, who are so captivated by her character and charms, thanks to a reality show "Let Us Fall in Love". In this program, several celebrities are paired off as couples, and every week, they would complete a mission, doing what couples would do, such as cook, give gifts to each other or prepare for their wedding.

Liu Wen was paired with Korean actor Choi Siwon. This pairing became the most well-loved couple in the show, and even considered by netizens to be the perfect looking couple. Many fans followed the show to see this fairy-tale couple who is both eye candy and has brought joy to the heart, the one they call ShiLiu couple.

Liu Wen revealed that the production team first contacted her manager in China, then her manager in New York. Her managers felt that when models reach a certain age, they would experience times of weariness, and need new excitement, so being involved in a job that is outside the industry is not a bad choice. When Liu Wen took the job, she had no idea what was required in a reality show, how much more to build up the feelings and pretend to be lovers. "To me, being in a relationship is a humongous black hole. What is even more frightening is that through the program, I discovered many black holes in my life that I never realised, such as riding a bicycle, baking a cake, choosing a gift for my boyfriend... everything is a challenge to me, which I had to learn in a very short amount of time."

Liu Wen still remembers the first time she met "boyfriend" Choi Siwon was after taking multiple flights, from New York to Beijing, then to Seoul. What's more, the camera crew was already following her in Seoul. They said, "You should condition yourself, you are both going on a date!"

Oh my God! I was about to pass out. How do I start, what do I say?

Fortunately, Liu Wen with her years of catwalk experience is armed with an advantage, which is to exhibit her charm and warmth. As such, when she and the handsome Korean star Choi Siwon met for the first time, the production team smiled as there was instant chemistry between them. And after editing and post-production work, the mesmerising intimacy was relayed to the hearts of every fan.

This pairing has succeeded!

As both of them slowly grew closer and became more and more relaxed, interesting ShiLiu couple topics were brought up.

Some passionate fans discovered that Choi Siwon came from a good family background, is wealthy and handsome, and the gifts he gave Liu Wen are very expensive. Meanwhile, Liu Wen also brought dignity to many women. Her fame and fortune attracted many netizens who previously rarely paid any attention to the world of fashion. 

In certain ways, these two are extremely compatible. Furthermore, Liu Wen became the icon for the independent, self-reliant career woman: What is the best is not needing your boyfriend to buy you gifts, as you can afford them yourself. In the eyes of those netizens who are experts in deduction, such a woman has the confidence to choose the one and the way she loves.

When we showed her these comments, Liu Wen was instead a little overwhelmed. For starters, she humbly felt that she is just an ordinary girl, and there are many who earn more than her. Secondly, all the tasks were arranged by the program, so she hoped everyone would not associate it with real life. Liu Wen admits that Choi Siwon is a very gracious gentleman, and really knows how to care for a woman.

As for her real life, it remains unknown whether Liu Wen's romantic love has begun, or if it has, with whom.

"My attitude towards love is very simple, which is to do away with all the external factors, and appreciate/admire each other from the bottom of our hearts. My ideal partner actually need not be very rich or very handsome. Of course, it would appear that he cannot be too short. Since I am very tall, he will feel very pressurized if he is too short. Whatever it is, if I really love someone, all the preconceived criteria is not necessarily important. Love cannot be measured by money, as long as you love that person, that is enough."

The Future
=Too many exciting ideas=

0060wjSvjw1eyt31zoj9wj30rs0zbtco.jpg

She will definitely continue to be a model. Liu Wen, currently in her heyday, feels that there is still so much that she needs to learn and fulfil in the fashion industry. She mentioned a foreign model who is still in the frontlines, 80-year-old legendary model Carmen Dell'Orefice: "I really worship her. If I am physically able, and the brand is willing, I would definitely continue to walk the runway. How cool is that!"

In addition, Liu Wen is aware of how to expand her career and new opportunities in life.

Through the reality show "Let Us Fall in Love", she has commanded extreme heights of popularity, become known in entertainment circles, and made many actor friends. For example, actor Chen Kun invited Liu Wen to shoot the advertisement poster for his charity project "The Power of Walking". "Older Cousin" Liu Wen's actions are simple yet powerful, which is making a fist in encouragement, very much her straightforward style.

Liu Wen has her own video program "Wen Li", through which she meets netizens every week. 24 hours of playback exceeded 1 million views. The reason for doing the program is very simple - Liu Wen says that she has a lot of strange ideas - about life and clothes, but due to time constraints, she does not have the opportunity to share them with friends. She has also been to many places, seen many interestings things in life, which she also wishes to talk about. "As such, I might as well do a program, to record everything I wish to say, and share. A lot more relaxed, unlike what people would imagine to be extremely indepth knowledge about fashion."

For example, how should one dress up to look smart. "Very simple. Liu Wen's style is white T-shirt, leather jacket and pencil pants, which is very easy to match - be it with high heels, flats, or sneakers."

It is not as easy to translate an idea into reality. Although Liu Wen has had a wealth of experience on the T-stage and photoshoots, being a host talking in front of the camera was a challenge. "We only recorded 3 words in half an hour, before they all cried. The filming location was in which floor of the hotel? 30+ floor. The stressed out director said, 'Don't stop me. Open the window, I am going to jump off immediately.' Haha!" After the initial adjustment period, Liu Wen finds enjoyment in recording for the program. "Slowly, slowly, we went to many places, saw all kinds of sceneries, all sorts of people. The process brought about a great change in me." Liu Wen discovered that the world was not solely the T-stage. Fashion, to her has become an all-inclusive concept.

"Now, I would like to be not so busy, to be able to stop and enjoy life a little. When there is no work, I would stay at home, sweep and clean, mop the floor. Ahh, it really feels relaxing. After that I would have a cup of coffee. Perhaps in a few years' time, I would consider buying a house in a suburbs, planting flowers and gardening. Who knows?"

We asked if she has any intentions of creating her own brand, create more derivative brands (?) or projects.

Liu Wen said, eyes wide open: "It can be a consideration, designing my own clothes, opening a store... there are many future plans, which excite me when I think of it... however, wait. It's better to take it slow. There is no hurry. Let's finish today's photoshoot first okay?"

In truth, this is Liu Wen - not resisting any possibility for the future, yet at the same time, understanding clearly the meaning of living in the moment.

Just as she said, she never wasted a moment in her ten-year career as a supermodel. When she first walked out of the small town in Yongzhou, she never thought that she could become the Liu Wen of today. All she did was to wake up every day full of energy to do the day's work.

"Do you ever have negative energy?"

"Yes! Spit it out into a bottle, then continue to do what I need to do."

• Like 9

Liu Wen will be hosting the Airbnb event on Dec. 14 in Shanghai then she will be attending the Ellen year-end award show on Dec. 18th.  

Question - When Siwon is done with his training, does he have a few days off or he goes straight into the 2nd phase of police training?  There are opportunities for trips to Seoul, especially it is only about 2-3 hours away from Shanghai. 

• Like 5

I love how everyone on IG is automatically assuming that the pic of her in the recording studio must've been for the LV thing. :rolleyes: What, Liu Wen can't be doing some professional singing or voiceovers for animation these days? :P 

And I'm now beginning to understand why LW refuses to answer questions about her love life and even states outright to the media that she's single. Reading those annoying fan girls' comments on IG of "Forever 16!" or "I support Shi Liu!" in relation to posts that have nothing to do with SW or the relationship at all must have LW thinking...damn it...here I am working hard to promote myself and my brands, and these idiots only want to connect it all to SW somehow! Better tell them not to associate the program with real life to try and shut them up!

LW also singled out He Sui and Sun Fei Fei as model friends she tries to keep in contact with...here I was rhapsodizing about them as the Holy Trinity of Asian models and then I read this...I love it! :lol:

• Like 6

The upcoming ELLE fashion event will be held over two days in Shanghai Oriental Sports Center on 18 & 19 Dec, and open for the first time to the public. Liu Wen is named as one of the attendees of the awards event on the 18th, which comprises of idols, stars, ELLE cover girls, including Kevin Tsai, Hu Ge, Li Bingbing, Sun Li, Tang Yan, Xu Zheng, Zhang Zilin etc. The VOICE OF ELLE Music Festival is held on 19th. Wonder whether she will also be attending that event. However, what it does mean is that she will definitely be still in the region when a certain someone finishes his military training. 

As for Mr Chae's "I will be back soon Liu Wen", let me just be delulu and consider that he was passing the message for a certain military trainee, who will finally be out of training a week or so after that comment, when she too is in the region... :wub:

Meanwhile, her good friend Zhang Zilin, who was featured in LFIL, has just announced her pregnancy, to which Liu Wen offered her congratulations, saying "Yet another long-legged person is going to give birth. Blessings." If her BAZAAR interview is anything to go by, we know she intends to have children within the next 10 years, which sounds very much in tandem with someone else's vision of being the head of the family 10 years down the road :rolleyes:

• Like 8