TV Porter Couple: Lee Seo Jin & Choi Ji Woo ~ Thank you for all the happy moments in TMAD & GOF ~

rubie

@lxands Wow !! This is totally new !! I love your detailed observation. You dissect every single scene they are together. And I have the same thought as you that Na PD saw it and knew it. I am still wondering what was it about during the press con when Na PD was about to answer the questions and LSJ tried to stop him from going too far and eventually Na PD said "Cheso-mida!" It was a bit of an awkward moment there.  Also, at the BK observatory deck !! I was surprised and giggled at the same time to see CJW almost had her head on his shoulder for a snap shot. Their body language says so much. It's hard for me not to notice.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohh... there were already so many Porter Couple related stuff before , just went through LSJ thread again and found tonnes to be shared here, of course. Back then, we're all so excited about LSJ and CJW after 3 Meals and even more excited now. They may.. or may not be an item yet but they sure are the most comfy, compatible, professional and reliable co-stars to each other, and toi the halbaes.'
And here's our top halbae's official endorsement for the Porter Couple. thumbup.gif
March 24, 2015
Lee Soon Jae: “I Hope Choi Ji Woo and Lee Seo Jin End Up Together”
JiwonYu Soompi.com

Actor Lee Soon Jae compliments Choi Ji Woo and Lee Seo Jin at the press conference for “Grandpas Over Flowers – Greece Edition,” which was held on March 24.
On this day, Lee Soon Jae comments, “Our luggage boy and girl are skilled now. Since we have Choi Ji Woo, we didn’t proceed rashly. She studied a lot of languages and did a lot of research, surprising us once again.” The veteran actor adds that Choi Ji Woo is a good homemaker. “I wish I had a daughter-in-law like her. And there’s also Lee Seo Jin, so I’m anticipating what will happen. I hope the two end up together.”
To this, Baek Il Sub comments, “I don’t want them to end up together.” When he is asked what percentage of affection they might have for each other, he says, “Them two? Only five percent.” He also jokingly mentions how Lee Seo Jin does not do a proper job and gave him “zero percent” as the role of luggage boy.
“Grandpas Over Flowers” is a reality-like variety show with “backpacking” as the main concept. The four senior actors, Lee Soon Jae, Shin Goo, Park Geun Hyung, and Baek Il Sub gather together to venture to different countries. So far they’ve been to France, Switzerland, Taiwan, and Spain.
Source: tvN(티비엔)
Like a scene in a film noir: LSJ - CJW - LSJ (GOF Press Event 3/24)

March 24, 2015
Choi Ji-woo is real gem in ‘Grandpas over Flowers’
Four grandpas from “Grandpas over Flowers” are set to captivate viewers as the tvN’s hit reality show returns with mesmerizing Greek scenery and entertaining travel episodes. 

In the new season, which premieres Friday, their grumpy, young top actor-turned-travel guide Lee Seo-jin gets a helping hand from first-generation hallyu goddess Choi Ji-woo.
“Choi has two strengths. One is superb cooking skills. The other is her affability,” Lee said at a press conference held in Seoul on Tuesday. 
imageThis image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.
“Grandpas over Flowers in Greece” costars Choi Ji-woo (left) and Lee Seo-jin pose during a press conference in Seoul on Tuesday. (Yonhap)
“Throughout the trip, she has been a life of the party. She knows how to please senior cast members.”
Directed by Na Young-seok of such megahits as “2 Days & 1 Night” and “Three Meals a Day,” “Grandpas over Flowers” is a reality travel program featuring four Korean actors in their 70s: Lee Soon-jae, Shin Gu, Park Geun-hyung and Baek Il-Seop. Accompanied by Lee Seo-jin as their travel guide, driver, cook and personal assistant, the four go on a backpacking trip around the world. 
For the upcoming third season, in which they travel to Greece, actress Choi has joined the all-male cast.
“I chose Choi because I think she is a very hard-working individual. Her job on the show was to take care of senior actors. If the viewer checks out the show, they will find that she nailed her job,” said director Na. 
Choi has appeared in Na’s previous shows, most recently on “Three Meals a Day,” which also stars Lee Seo-jin. 
The “Grandpas over Flowers” franchise has been a smash hit in Korea. The previous season featuring Spain racked up the highest viewership ratings for the time slot among shows on both terrestrial and cable TV networks, according to media research firm Nielsen Korea. 
The first episode of “Grandpas over Flowers in Greece” will hit airwaves at 9:45 p.m. on Friday.
By Yeo Jun-suk (jasonyeo@heraldcorp.com)
PS15032400304.jpg
I think @tilac mentioned this before.. at times Jiwoo herself showing hints of sweet dimples?

^ Same here... same here..
Btw, anyone noticed that Seojinnie is not a selfie-person? no2.gif Don't think we'd ever see him stopping to take one during the entire GOF series till now, clearly he's busy thinking about meals, hotels and car rentals for the trip. LOL.
And definitely not the most enthusiastic nor cheerful when taking group photos. Nope.
g3_4.gif

But see what he did when Jiwoo is around.. he willingly photobombs her selfie with Ilsub halbae..  what a complete turnaround! lmfao.gif

tease2b.gif

^^ Yes!! Yes!! Yes!!! He didn't like to take photos by himself and if they take photos together, he seems didn't like at all..

But the gif above says it all.. photobombing?? Is it a new hobby, seojinnie... :)) and at the tower, his face says it all.. his shiness can't cover his smiling face..

March 27, 2015
The first broadcast of ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’, what is true about Lee Seo Jin and Choi Ji Woo?
Source: Innolife
imageThis image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.
At tvN ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ Lee Seo-Jin and Choi Ji-Woo will show the truth between Lee Seo-Jin and Choi Ji-Woo.
‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ which came back after one year of break, is unveiled today(27). People are curious about new member ‘Goddess porter’ Choi Ji-Woo.
At the preview Choi Ji-Woo and Lee Seo-Jin had pink atmosphere. Lee Seo-Jin told her off, not to overspend, but he greeted the joining of the goddess porter. The production crew noticed, “Two people seems to be sweet but in fact they squabbled. Please expect chemistry between them.
Beside at the first broadcast of ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’, you can meet ‘H4’ Lee Soon-Jae, Shin Gu, Baek Il-Sub, and Park Geun-Hyung went Dubai before Greece. 
2015040400829_0.jpg

^^ auwwww poor seojinnie.. maybe he didn't get a chance to eat the cotton candy from jiwoo.. or is he hoping that she will feed him? :D

Sorry but i can't quote the article above... but i think Il Seub halbae is joking when he said he didn't want them to end up together and only had 5% of affection...

Isn't he is the first halbae that told our porter couple that they match so well?

Hmmm.. maybe he is disappointed since seojinnie photobomb his selfie with Jiwoo? :))

@shoyunnie This is the part of the press con I was talking about. Looks like LSJ didn't want Na PD to say what he was about to say. It was like "Hajimma ... Don't you say it" and Na PD had to change his course ... asking the "Keu,... Seu ..." instead and then ended with "Cheso-mida". I wonder what was it about. Big puzzle for me still !!

March 27, 2015
Two Things To Look For In ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’
Source: BNTNews
[by Sora Ghim] tvN show ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ is back after a year.

Follow the journey of the ‘flower grandpas,’ H4 Lee Soon Jae, Shin Goo, Park Geun Hyung, and Baek Il Seob along with the ‘nation’s porter’ Lee Seo Jin and ‘rookie porter’ Choi Ji Woo in the first episode of ‘Grandpa Over Flowers Greece Edition.’
This show is directed by the same producer as ‘Sisters Over Flowers,’ ‘Youth Over Flowers,’ and ‘Three Meals A Day,’ Na Young Seok. There is a lot of anticipation for this edition of the show. In order to enjoy the first episode, the producers have given two major points to look out for.
image◆ Lee Seo Jin X Choi Ji Woo! Lovey dovey, bickering couple chemistry?
In this ‘Greece Edition,’ the biggest change is the addition of new porter, Choi Ji Woo. Surprising everyone with her appearance at the airport, just her entrance made a huge issue. Moreover, she showed great teamwork with Lee Seo Jin in ‘Three Meals A Day’ when she was on as a guest.
In the preview for the show, Lee Seo Jin is seen saying, “Don’t overspend” to Choi Ji Woo, causing curiosity. Like the producer’s words, “From far away they look lovey-dovey but close up, they bicker,” the two people’s relationship is like Tom and Jerry. Particularly, this first episode plans to show the two people’s awkward teamwork and chemistry.
◆ Nervous first meeting and first schedule in Dubai!
For this edition of ‘Grandpas Over Flowers,’ the four senior actors enjoyed the trip in their own style. The H4 enjoyed the new dessert city of Dubai and the land of myths, Greece, in the H4’s leisurely rhythm. Along with the adventure is the romantic scenery that will greet the audience, displaying another kind of flavor to the trip.
The first broadcast will answer the questions everyone has from Choi Ji Woo’s casting to the trip preparation of H4 and Lee Seo Jin, Choi Ji Woo’s surprise appearance, and the combination of everyone on this trip. Additionally, the cast will visit the tallest man-made structure, Burj Khalifa, in Dubai.
Meanwhile, catch the first episode of ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ tonight on March 27 at 9:45 PM KST. (photo by CJ E&M)

@rubie Thanx for all the throw back materials. You're right Seo Jinnie doesn't like taking selfie or group photo. He said he is not an affectionate guy, remember ?? But we'll see if that will change or he is in the process of changing... ha ha ha !! Love that "saranghe group photo" gif. He looked like an obedient school boy who was told to raise his hand up by a teacher.... lol !! :))

@lxands omg I did have a strong feeling before that Na PD did all these things for LSJ because he knew something's up. But I don't know, I don't want to assume... or I'm just probably in denial lol, but kidding aside, I don't believe for a second that they didn't keep in touch after TMAD. They're TOO comfortable with each other in GOF. But again, what do I know? lol
@tilac Now I'm really thinking of watching the past seasons of GOF :))
@JulieSean welcome to the club! 

tilac said: "@lxands I am still wondering what was it about during the press con when Na PD was about to answer the questions and LSJ tried to stop him from going too far and eventually Na PD said "Cheso-mida!" It was a bit of an awkward moment there. "

Archived