Quantcast

[Reality 2015] SIXTEEN

Guest adikkeluangman

Sorry for my poor English.

This is the first group survival show I'm watching. Sometimes it's cruel. :(

After watching ep.5 I think the best choice for the 7 members are the 4 original members/trainees (Jihyo, Nayeon, Jungyeon, Minyoung) + Sana, Chaeyoung and Momo. Because they are ready for debut. And all of them are old enough and have experience. I like Somi too but she is not ready. Natty too. But for the next group: Somi, Natty, Jiwon, Tzuyu, Mina and Dahyun (I don't know why but she's popular.).

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Mnet's 'SIXTEEN' reveals eliminated contestant afte​r a fierce final battle round

On the June 9 episode of Mnet's SIXTEEN, minor teams A and B fought for the third and fourth spots in a final battle round. 

Team A gave a funky performance of Lee Hyori's "U Go Girl," while Team B grooved to their rendition of J.Y. Park's "Swing Baby." Ultimately, after the audience voted, Team A took the winning title with 238 total votes while Team B earned 144. 

CHFA1-XXIAI0rhA.jpg

After each member in Team B received their constructive criticisms, Momo was decided to be the final eliminated contestant. 

J.Y. Park explained, "I'm proud of all three of you and you all did well, but when the audience make their votes, there must be a good reason why. You have to be able to accept [their decision]." The singer selected Momo as the contestant that most left something to be desired performance-wise. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/06/mnets-sixteen-reveals-eliminated-contestant-after-a-fierce-final-battle-round

Guest adikkeluangman

'SIXTEEN' Jung Yeon shows worries f​or the upcoming competition

Jung Yeon on 'SIXTEEN' showed worries for the upcoming competition.

June 9th broadcast of M.net 'SIXTEEN' showed Minor A team and Minor B team's competition.

20150609233011_5576f872bc2b9_1.jpg

During the broadcast, Chae Ryung said, "We should survive this round, and that is all I thought all this time."

Na Yeon said, "Frankly speaking, Ji Won's team is just amazing," and Jung Yeon said, "We really hoped to avoid competing against that team.

Meanwhile, Chae Ryung showed her particular affection for pork knuckle during this week's 'SIXTEEN.

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=384620

Guest adikkeluangman

[SIXTEEN] Who Will Be JYP's Next Leading Girl Group? - episode 1 Full Ver.

Watching this again. This may look harsh on TV but I think it's pretty tame than what other trainees from different company face. JYP and his working outfit.

Guest adikkeluangman

[SIXTEEN] MINOR팀 숙소 어택! 심야 진실게임! 1화 미공개 영상

Truth game: each one of them goes to camera and says who they think will go up to Major..

[SIXTEEN] JYP Trainees’ Intense Competition for Debut! Who's the 1st Dropout? episode 2 Preview

First mission looks intense.

Guest adikkeluangman

These adorable girls made videos to ask vote them. Looks like they filmed this at JYPE rooftop.

[SIXTEEN] 파워보컬 지원이를 뽑아주세요!! Vote for JIWON!

[SIXTEEN] 복숭아에서 태어난 모모를 뽑아주세요!! Vote for MOMO!

[SIXTEEN] 매혹의 발레리나 미나를 뽑아주세요!! Vote for MINA!

- [SIXTEEN] 꿀렁꿀렁 은서를 뽑아주세요!! Vote for EUNSUH!
- [SIXTEEN] 완전체 자매 동생 채령이를 뽑아주세요!! Vote for CHAERYEONG!
- [SIXTEEN] JYP 연습생 10년차 지효를 뽑아주세요!! Vote for JIHYO!

Guest adikkeluangman

'SIXTEEN' contestants are surprised by J.Y. Park's unexpected announcement

The remaining contestants on Mnet's 'SIXTEEN' exhaled a sigh of relief when J.Y. Park declared, "There are no eliminations." 

For the seventh episode that aired on June 16, J.Y. Park shocked the contestants when he tasked them with the tricky mission of electing amongst themselves the member that will rise to major. After the mission, Jihyo placed first place with a total of 21 points which resulted in the major and minor positions experiencing a radical shift. Tensions ran high when J.Y. Park recited the program rule of eliminating one of the minor members. However, he anticlimactically announced, "There will be no eliminations," explaining that it won't be right to drop a contestant based on today's results and emphasizing, "I hope you will share some stories with good feelings and get a good night's rest."

jy-park_1434476824_sixteen.jpg

After all was said and done, the remaining 'SIXTEEN' members were at last able to enjoy some delicious foods and the free time that had risen so unexpectedly. Jiwon told the other members, "It was really fun spending time together and I feel as if I'm less stressed now." Nayeon revealed, "I made memories that I won't ever forget," while Jihyo added, "I really wanted to go on a trip with everyone. This is really awesome, really," heartily bonding over the bountiful dinner table. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/06/sixteen-contestants-are-surprised-by-jy-parks-unexpected-announcement

-----
JYP Urges “Sixteen” Members to Take Him as an Example and Not Curse

One of the reasons why JYP Entertainment has been so successful is because Park Jin Young strives to set an example for his artists.

On the seventh episode of Mnet’s “Sixteen” which aired on June 16, Park Jin Young meets the members of “Sixteen” and tells them the key to being a “good person” is “diligence, politeness, and truthfulness.”

CHpGo3fWwAAjfL8.png

He especially emphasizes the need to refrain from cursing, saying, “I used to curse in private too. However, I changed my mindset in 2010. I do not swear at all anymore.”

“You’ll eventually be caught one day if you try to be careful and hide things in JYP. You have to be a person who has nothing to hide,” he says. “Even if you have cursed before, I hope you won’t do so anymore after today.”

“Sixteen” is a survival program designed to select the members for JYP Entertainment’s new girl group, Twice.

What do you think about his advice? Too strict or appropriate?

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/16/jyp-urges-sixteen-members-to-take-him-as-an-example-and-not-curse/

Guest adikkeluangman

More videos from the girls asking fans to vote for them.

[SIXTEEN] 감성파 싱어송라이터 민영이를 뽑아주세요!! Vote for MINYOUNG!

[SIXTEEN] 귀여운 막내 나띠를 뽑아주세요!! Vote for NATTY!

[SIXTEEN] 완전체 자매 언니 채연이를 뽑아주세요!! Vote for CHAEYEON!

- [SIXTEEN] 숨은 매력의 정연이를 뽑아주세요!! Vote for JUNGYEON!

Guest adikkeluangman

These girls are so cheerful. I guess they all take turn to hold the camera, give encouragement while filming these videos.

[SIXTEEN] 꼬부기 나연이를 뽑아주세요!! Vote for NAYEON!

[SIXTEEN] 123사나를 뽑아주세요!! Vote for SANA!

Guest adikkeluangman

Gong Seung Yeon opposed her sister's participation in competitive program 'SIXTEEN'?

Actress Gong Seung Yeon (real name, Yoo Seung Yeon) revealed in an interview with MBN Star that she had been against her sister Yoo Jung Yeon's involvement in JYP Entertainment's competitive Mnet reality program, 'SIXTEEN.'

CIIpUhNUcAEqJJ4.jpg

She stated, "When Jung Yeon first told me she was going to appear in 'SIXTEEN,' I was against it.  I had experienced the training life, so I worried that she would become discouraged from her dream.

"Jung Yeon really wanted to appear on 'SIXTEEN,' so I just decided to support her.  Right now, the response is better than I had thought it would be, so I'm very pleased.  I didn't think that Jung Yeon would even come out first in the voting results."  You can sense her pride in her sister!

gong-seung-yeon_1434987564_sixteen.jpeg

"Jung Yeon also gained a lot of fans," Gong Seung Yeon continued.  "One day, my sister came to me after throwing the first pitch [at a game], and was happy as she told me there were even cameras taking pictures of her.  We've worked in the entertainment industry together since we were young, so we are even more loving [of each other].  I really hope that my sister woudl do well."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/06/gong-seung-yeon-opposed-her-sisters-participation-in-competitive-program-sixteen

Guest adikkeluangman

[SIXTEEN] 한밤 중 놀이터에서 무슨일이?!

What happened in the playground of the middle of the night ?! Randomly dancing to JYP and miss A song. These girls...

-----

J.Y. Park praises Major B Team's performance on 'SIXTEEN'

On the latest episode of Mnet's 'SIXTEEN,' J.Y. Park raved ceaselessly at the impressive performance of Major B Team (consisting of Nayeon, Jungyeon and Tzuyu), which he personally vouched for. 

Major B Team was selected by J.Y. Park for their rendition of Miss A's "Hush," which had the media mogul effusively praise the group for their memorable performance. He declared, "My grading of Major Team B is an A+." 

CIMwik6WsAA7ndM.jpg

J.Y. Park was even more generous to each member, delivering a wave of compliments to all three girls. To Tzuyu, he said, "The member who went through the most positive change is Tzuyu," noting the girl's growth throughout the show. At Jungyeon, he said, "Jungyeon sings really well. You have confidence on stage," and to Nayeon, he claimed, "Nayeon is the member who balances the team. That's why any team with you on it always goes above and beyond," commending Nayeon's leadership. 

Though J.Y. Park selected Major B Team, the final major member will ultimately be decided by the audience voters. Curiosity is running high as to who will join the side with Jihyo, Minyoung, Chaeyoung, and Sana as another major member. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/06/jy-park-praises-major-b-teams-performance-on-sixteen

-----

'SIXTEEN' stages a hot performance to 'Hands Up' with Taecyeon

The remaining contenders of 'SIXTEEN' showcased a special stage with 2PM's Taecyeon on a recent episode! 

CINx2bhWUAA_bF8.jpg

The latest episode of 'SIXTEEN' involved the remaining members carrying out a guerrilla mission in order to vie for their shot at rising to the final round. Once the girls were finished with their missions, they put on a special stage for all the audience who came to watch their guerrilla performances. The stage was made even more rowdy with the guest appearance of 2PM's Taecyeon who joined the girls as they partied on stage to "Hands Up." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/06/sixteen-stages-a-hot-performance-to-hands-up-with-taecyeon

Guest adikkeluangman

Actress Gong Seung Yeon shows support for her younger sister on “SIXTEEN”

Actress Gong Seung Yeon shows her support for her sister appearing on SIXTEEN through an Instagram post.

On June 23rd, Gong Seung Yeon posted a cute selca of herself with the caption, “Today is SIXTEEN’s finals! I will cheer for Jung Yeon, fighting!”

While SIXTEEN is a reality contest on Mnet that aims to assist J.Y.Park to choose the most suitable members for JYP Entertainment‘s upcoming girl group Twice, participant Yoo Jung Yeon has received attention from her talents as well as being Gong Seung Yeon’s (birth name Yoo Seung Yeon) younger sister.

Training under SM Entertainment as a singer originally, Gong Seung Yeon has previously revealed her worry for her sister due to the hardships in the entertainment industry. But seeing her sister’s talents and passion, she now supports her sibling fully and does not hide her love and encouragement to her.

Meanwhile, Gong Seung Yeon is currently paired with CNBLUE‘s Jonghyun on MBC‘s We Got Married.

http://www.koreaboo.com/sns/actress-gong-seung-yeon-shows-support-younger-sister-sixteen/

Guest adikkeluangman

'SIXTEEN' Nayeon reunites with her teacher and friends for a guerrilla mission

The recent airing of Mnet's 'SIXTEEN' showed the remaining contenders partake in a guerrilla performance in order to rise to the final round that will decide the ultimate winner.

CIP1P3qUkAA79eG.jpg

Major B team took charge of their own promotions by calling Nayeon's homeroom teach at her school. They then proceeded to visit the school to busily start promoting for their performance. Nayeon even met with her homeroom teacher, who complimented her generously. "She was diligent. She was a student with good manners," and said, "I was wondering when Nayeon would become popular, and I think now is the time, sending a warm message of support. 

Nayeon relayed her gratitude by stating, "It gave me great strength because there were so many people cheering for me." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/06/sixteen-nayeon-reunites-with-her-teacher-and-friends-for-a-guerrilla-mission

After watching ep.5 I think the best choice for the 7 members are the 4 original members/trainees (Jihyo, Nayeon, Jungyeon, Minyoung) + Sana, Chaeyoung and Momo. Because they are ready for debut. And all of them are old enough and have experience. I like Somi too but she is not ready. Natty too. But for the next group: Somi, Natty, Jiwon, Tzuyu, Mina and Dahyun (I don't know why but she's popular.).

After ep.8 I have to change my mind (because of Momo's elimination). My line up is still the same (except Momo). Instead of her I would put Mina in the group. And the next group members: Somi (leader), Natty, Jiwon, Tzuyu, Dahyun and the sisters. (Or without the sisters...) Oh, I still don't know why is Dahyun so popular. Really. :huh:

Guest adikkeluangman

[SIXTEEN] 걸그룹 안무란 이런것! 채령의 댄스 타임! No Cut Ver.

Chaeryong dance to miss A - Goodbye Baby, SNSD - I Got A Boy, 4Minute - Crazy and A Pink - No No No

-----

SIXTEEN announces the elimination of its fourth contestant

On the June 30 episode of Mnet's 'SIXTEEN,' J.Y. Park announced the elimination of the show's fourth contestant. 

The contestant to be eliminated was selected from Minor A team which earned 109 votes, whereas Major B team earned a total of 209 votes. Minor A Team members Chaeryeong and Jiwon couldn't hide their anxiety at the prospect of possibly being eliminated. Chaeryeong said, "I get nervous every time I go on stage so I think I'll be eliminated." Jiwon also revealed her feelings that she might be the one to be eliminated, claiming, "I feel anxious because I feel like I will drop out this round. I don't feel like I have a chance anymore." 

jy-park_1435697202_sixteen.jpg

Unfortunately for Jiwon, her prescience proved correct, as J.Y. Park chose her as the contestant to permanently leave the stage. J.Y. Park told Jiwon, "I had high hopes for you. You sang excellently but some key notes were completely off. Your dancing was off too and I didn't feel any passion [in your performance]," explaining the reasoning behind his selection. 

Jiwon revealed in the interview following the announcement, "The future is more important," delivering how she felt about being eliminated with tears of regret.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/06/sixteen-announces-the-elimination-of-its-fourth-contestant

-----

Park Jin Young Harshly Criticizes “SIXTEEN” Jihyo’s Weight

Park Jin Young gave some harsh criticism to Jihyo, one of the JYP trainees appearing on the girl group survival show “SIXTEEN.”

On the June 30 episode of Mnet’s “SIXTEEN,” Park Jin Young says to Jihyo, “Have I ever criticized you for your dancing or singing? What do you think is your problem?” and Jihyo replies, “Taking care of myself.”

201506302307772281_5592a41a8fba3_99_2015

Park Jin Young then says critically, “Your dance looks slow. If you gain weight, of course you’ll look like that. The first thing that I do when I get up in the morning is get on the scale. While the other girls practice their singing, you have to lose weight.”

Jihyo submits, “He’s right. It ended up like this and it’s my fault.”

Meanwhile, “SIXTEEN” is a survival show where 19 girls compete for seven spots in a new girl group.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/30/park-jin-young-harshly-criticizes-sixteen-jihyos-weight/

Guest adikkeluangman

[SIXTEEN] 끼 충만 매력 충만! 정연이의 무대! 3화 하이라이트

Jungyeon sang to Lady Gaga song.

[SIXTEEN] 박진영의 선택은 바로 채령! 바로 그 무대! 3화 하이라이트

Chaeryoung with her dance.

-----

Gong Seung Yeon Spotted Cheering Sister Jung Yeon on in ′Sixteen′

Actress Gong Seung Yeon was spotted cheering on her younger sister Jung Yeon from the audience on the latest episode of Sixteen.

On the June 30 broadcast of Sixteen, Mnet′s girl group debut project with JYP, the remaining members, including Jung Yeon, shared their thoughts before taking the stage for the final mission.

62486787.jpg

Jung Yeon said, "I will do my best as it′s my final performance, so please look on favorably. I really want to join the major team and debut."

The camera then panned to her older sister and actress Gong Seung Yeon, who was cheering from the audience. 

Gong Seung Yeon recently wrapped up SBS′ I Heard it Through the Grapevine and is starring in MBC′s We Got Married. 

Meanwhile, the participants on Sixteen are vying for a spot in JYP′s next girl group Twice. 

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/94884/gong-seung-yeon-spotted-cheering-sister-jung-yeon-on-in-sixteen

Guest adikkeluangman

[Spoilers] Remaining 'SIXTEEN' members battle it out in the final round that leaves J.Y. Park impressed

The June 30th episode of 'SIXTEEN' featured the contestants butting heads for the final round. 

Before the girls went on stage for battle, J.Y. Park gave Minor team the choice of bringing one girl over from Major. Minor selected Jihyo from the Major team to join them. Miss A's Fei and 2PM's Jun.K also made a special appearance to give the girls some advice and words of encouragement before they went on stage. 

Spoilers-Remaining-IXTEEN-members-battle

For the final round, Major team captivated the audience with refreshing, cute charms, while Minor team was cheered on for their more mature performance. J.Y. Park personally selected Minor, professing, "Minor showcased a better stage this time around. This stage probably wrecked a lot of nerves. But you were supposed to overcome all that and enjoy the stage. There were more members from Minor enjoying the performance. Tzuyu and Jungyeon did especially well." 

Meanwhile, the second round will be broadcast next week after which the final members for 'Twice' will be decided. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/07/spoilers-remaining-sixteen-members-battle-it-out-in-the-final-round-that-leaves-jy-park-impressed

Guest adikkeluangman

[SIXTEEN] 산이를 사로잡은 사나의 무대! 3화 하이라이트

Sana dance performance

[SIXTEEN] 마이너 나연! 메이저 쯔위 자리 빼앗은 그 무대! 3화 하이라이트

Nayeon performance

Archived