Guest ororomunroe

Guest ororomunroe

UEE gets drenched in water by Park Hyung Sik for ‘High Society’

62350-326981-700x1166.jpg

The production team behind upcoming SBS TV Mon-Tue drama ‘High Society‘ recently carried out filming at a hotel near Jamsil, where it involved UEE filming her first scene, and getting drenched in water by Park Hyung Sik.

In this scene, Jang Yoon Ha (UEE) was arranged to go on a blind date with a chaebol son named Yoo Chang Soo (Park Hyung Sik). Jang Yoon Ha utterly detest blind dates like these which are obviously arranged for political gain, and purposely behaves like a brat. She does succeed in making herself a turn-off to Chang Soo, but also gets herself drenched in a cup of water by him as well.

One could see the personality of Jang Yoon Ha through this scene: As a chaebol heiress who is in line to inherit a huge fortune, but she craves for true love. Because of the differences between her background and personality, Jang Yoon Ha will encounter certain conflicting situations around her, and sees her having to choose between wealth and true love.

UEE had to be drenched in water in just her first filming, but she showed a positive attitude and didn’t cower, and this won much praise from the staff members that were involved with the shoot.

The drama will tell the love story and power struggles in the family of two men and two women from different rungs of society. A woman who was born with a silver spoon, falls in love with a poor man who only wants to get to the top. It will seek to show viewers what the true meaning of love really is, and bring hope to young people of today who have given up on dating, marriage, having children, networking, and owning property.

‘High Society’ will premiere on June 8th.

Cr: kpopfighting

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@nus711, Thank you for posting all of those pics of Park Hyung Sik:wub: In my excitement over our Otp, I had forgoten that he is in this drama too. Silly me, his casting in this drama is what put it on my radar in the first place.

@Wanderer17, @StaRix, @ororomunroe , @GeumJanDi Thank you for keeping us up to date and this thread moving.smiley-happy005.gif

@Danie_A, As long as your checking out Sung Joon's dramas, make sure you put Shut Up Flowerboy Band on your list too. It is my favorite drama of his.

I'm liking everything I see about this drama.  It really was not on my must see list but I'm happy I stumbled on to this one. It looks like we will have some fun in this thread.

Blind dates and champagne toasts in High Society’s posters and stills
by girlfriday

HighSociety38.jpg

Here’s another batch of stills and posters for SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama High Society, starring UEE as a chaebol heiress who defies high society’s rules and Sung Joon as a poor social climber who wants to be part of their world. The heroine pretends to be poor so that she can escape a loveless marriage and find her own match, and the drama will be a contemporary twist on the classic love-vs-money melodrama.

The initial promo material for the show featured a lot of kissing between the leads, and the latest stills feature second lead Park Hyung-shik (What’s With This Family). He plays a chaebol heir who’s friends with Sung Joon, but they live in completely different worlds despite working in the same office.

The stills of the boys together are from a scene in which Park Hyung-shik has just tanked one of his father’s companies, and the responsibility falls on Sung Joon’s shoulders to fix the problem. The hero discovers in that moment that they are fundamentally different, because entire companies could crumble and the CEO’s son would just move on to his next venture, and it makes him determined to change his fate.

More here: dramabeans.com/2015/05/blind-dates-and-champagne-toasts-in-high-societys-posters-and-stills/

Thanks dear for the rec..OMG I have so much to catch up on lol, but I'm going to watch every last thing this boy's been in, I know I will just love it yay! :D 

​              @Danie_A, It is so much fun 'discovering' an actor and watching all of his drama's.

I'm not familiar with the writer of this drama's work, does anyone have any feedback re: writernim? I know up to now I keep swooning over our OTP and leading men but am curious about the strength of the writing too. 

So Sung Hoon is the second lead? Sounds good and Hywang Sik is the main male lead? Ohh looking forward to this.

Edit: I must have mixed them up.. aww too bad.. Sung Hoon is the main lead.. It would have been more interesting if the main lead was HS finding out that UEE is poor (which makes him attracted to her)but in reality is actually quite well-off.. oh well. 

Archived