Guest ororomunroe

is it just me or the drama end to fast?not closing everything?
i even didn't want to watch all of the last episode look like everything is rushed to end....

well, i think when the writer wrote the script, she had 20 episodes in mind...:blink:

remember when script for episode 16 came out 2 days before it air....really in rush :crazy:

aside from the messy plot, i actually likes  the script (alot of good advices and the words is well written) and ofcourse i really love the four leads..

why they cut 4 episode? 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everone ^^

I saw in HS dc just now that HS korean fans are trying to ask SBS to produce HS Director's cut DVD. I'm not fluent well in korean but what I know after read it is: 

In order SBS to agree producing it, speculative demand of DVD (estimated number of DVD that might be purchased if it's produced)  is needed. So, if you want HS Director's cut DVD to be produced and you want to buy it, please register to HS DVD cafe: http://cafe.daum.net/highsocietydvd .the higher number of people who register, the higher demand of HS Director's cut DVD. the higher demand, the higher possibility of SBS willing to produce it.

Guest chloe.c

Finally finished binge watching this drama! I have no idea why so many people were criticizing it and the lead couple. There are actually so many things worth touching upon and analyzing about this drama, but instead, people spend time complaining. I actually understood a lot of what the drama was trying to convey about life, following your heart, taking control of your life, dream vs. reality, love being able to give you strength to face your reality, taking a step back to look farther and not just looking in one direction; to understand yourself/your heart and what you really need/should do, and money not being everything. And much much more.. 

Also, the second lead couple were cute and funny, I liked them, but seriously overhyped. Their story and development was pretty normal. People were complaining about not understanding Yoon Ha and Joon Ki's relationship and were going too fast, but really? The second lead couple pretty much started at the same time as them, so why were the complaints all one-sided? I personally didn't have much of a problem with the speed and development because it's all justifiable if you actually try to understand the story.

Anyhow, I agree the writing is slightly flawed, in the sense that they could've spent a little bit more time on development and helping the audience understand the inner thoughts of the characters. But overall, I feel like everything the writers put in the drama still contributed to the morals they were trying to tell, even with the mistress. 

One thing I have to mention is the KISSES in this drama. SO MANY KISSES <3 WHICH IS GREAT FOR MY SHIPPER HEART!!! And definitely agree UEE and Sung Joon really know how to kiss ohemgeeee. All kisses in dramas should be like that people!!! LEARN!!!!

Oh and one complaint is definitely the proposal scene at the end! Wtf! Could've been done way better grrr

Long time no see, High Rollers! Just thought I'd drop by and share this article. :wub:

Park Hyung Sik Reveals His Affection For “High Society” Co-Star Im Ji Yeon

Park Hyung Sik Reveals His Affection For “High Society” Co-Star Im Ji Yeon

ZE:A’Park Hyung Sik recently sat down with news outlet Star News and praised his “High Society” co-star Im Ji Yeon.

Park Hyung Sik said, “I think Im Ji Yeon’s charms are her ability to be bold, honest, and innocent. She doesn’t try to be pretty.”

He continued, “When I was in character as Yoo Chang Soo, I tried not to get too absorbed in the character’s feelings. I tried not to get my real feelings confused with Yoo Chang Soo’s feelings.”

The actor went on speaking of Im Ji Yeon, saying, “Im Ji Yeon was so lovely in ‘High Society.’ If a character like Lee Ji Yi (Im Ji Yeon) appeared in real life, I would fall in love with her right away.”

Park Hyung Sik also revealed his ideal romance, answering, “If I were to fall in love, I want to do it like Yoo Chang Soo. I think I would be really happy if someone so mesmerizing comes along that I am willing to give up my celebrity career for her. I haven’t experienced that kind of love yet.”

What did you think of Park Hyung Sik and Im Ji Yeon’s on-screen chemistry and relationship?

http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/03/park-hyung-sik-reveals-his-affection-for-co-star-im-ji-yeon/

Guest uniku

@ elizabeth..i agree with you..yh and jk the elevator couple..while in the elevator scene fits perfectly with the songs summer days in bloom,I like the scene when this came out, and I play over and over again...their chemistry daebak!!!!!,

I thought the Soompiers in this thread would like to know about a podcast that is all about K-drama and that talks about High Society (and Oh my ghostess, The Scholar Who Walks the Night, Mask, The time we were not in love and many more) in its latest episode. ^_^

You can download it for free via iTunes (the name of the podcast is "K-drama Addiction Therapy")
or listen/download via the website: http://kdramapod.com/episode-13/

We hope you'll enjoy it!

Direct link to iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/se/podcast/k-drama-addiction-therapy/id957840613?mt=2&ls=1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just finish watching this drama last night. I watched several times starting the scenes in EP16 wherein UEE went to the place of YH up to the end. Although, I would like to ask you assistance for me to understand it well my querries below.

1. USB - I did not see the importance of it. Does it reveal the truth about the disappearance of JK's brother?

2. After one year, YH is not seen working or having its own business. Did I miss a scene?

3. What happened to the ambitious older sister?

Also, the proposal of YH to UEE is not romantic for me. 

thanking you in advance.

I have just finish watching this drama last night. I watched several times starting the scenes in EP16 wherein UEE went to the place of YH up to the end. Although, I would like to ask you assistance for me to understand it well my querries below.

1. USB - I did not see the importance of it. Does it reveal the truth about the disappearance of JK's brother?

2. After one year, YH is not seen working or having its own business. Did I miss a scene?

3. What happened to the ambitious older sister?

Also, the proposal of YH to UEE is not romantic for me. 

thanking you in advance.

I'm coming "late to the party", too, on this drama, and have 4 episodes to go.  As for the USB, I think it had evidence on it that the cosmetics company actually was at fault in its formula with talc.  Perhaps it was contaminated;  that can happen when talc is found near asbestos in the earth.   Anyway, when that was presented to the older sister, she replied that the suing company didn't have the hard evidence to win the case, so what was the purpose of bringing it up?  Settlements had already been done, and the case was over.  This stuff flies by so fast, you need to freeze frame that part to actually get it.

Archived