[ Movie 2016] Train to Busan 부산행 NEW BLOCKBUSTER

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Let's watch the trailer on Naver TVCast too. The views already reached  1 million since released 2 days ago.

Guest adikkeluangman

Gong Yoo is One with Nature in ′Marie Claire′

Actor Gong Yoo has shown his natural charm. 

The July cover of fashion magazine Marie Claire featuring Gong Yoo has been revealed.

10635402.jpg

In the revealed photo, Gong Yoo′s natural charm is highlighted as the setting for the photo shoot was a field of green. Gong Yoo looked to be in his natural habitat as he posed in a navy knit shirt and dark pants.

An interview followed the photo shoot and when asked about his decision to star in the movie Train to Busan, Gong Yoo replied, "I was greedy to take a path that others wouldn′t. I wanted to express the character Suk Woo in a deeper level than the script showed." He continued by talking about his role in upcoming drama Goblin by saying, "I want to act as much as I want with all my body and mind."

Meanwhile, Gong Yoo′s full photo spread and interview can be found on the July issue of Marie Claire and on the fashion magazine′s official website.

10635404.jpg

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/106354/gong-yoo-is-one-with-nature-in-marie-claire-korean-celebrity-news 

Guest adikkeluangman

Korean Thriller Brings in $2.5 Million from Global Sales

The thriller "Train to Busan" has been sold in 156 countries around the globe.

Since its screening at the Cannes Film Festival in May, investors from countries including Canada, China, France and the U.S. have snapped up the theatrical rights for the film.

CmNb0bXUcAAGmFt.jpg

Global pre-sales of the movie have so far grossed over US$2.5 million.

Directed by Yeon Sang-ho, the film portrays a train ride with a group of zombies that carry a deadly virus.

"Train to Busan" will go on release here on July 20, and in the U.S. in July and in France in August.

http://www.hancinema.net/korean-thriller-brings-in-2-5-million-from-global-sales-96182.html 

• 2 weeks later...

It's not every day that I see a kmovie review when I'm browsing articles on NPR :) 

An excerpt:

S. Korea's Hit Zombie Film Is Also A Searing Critique Of Korean Society

September 1, 2016 5:02 AM ET
Heard on Morning Edition

Elise Hu

A zombie flick is smashing box office records in South Korea. Train to Busan has been seen by an estimated 11 million Koreans — a fifth of the population — and broken numerous records, including the highest single-day ticket sales in Korean film history.

The plot isn't complicated: Everyday South Koreans find themselves trapped on a speeding bullet train with fast-multiplying zombies, creating the kind of claustrophobic feel that freshens up the zombie trope. But beyond a fast-paced summer thriller, it's also an extended critique of Korean society.

"We don't trust anyone but ourselves," says film critic Youn Sung-eun, who writes for the Busan Daily.

Without giving too much of the story away, the film blames corporate callousness for the death toll. The government covers up the truth — or is largely absent. And the crew? Rather than rescue passengers, it follows the wishes of a businessman.

In the film, those in charge — and the media— "are easily manipulated by others," Youn says, which she said is a message the film's director was sending about the institutions here.

Read the rest here

• 2 weeks later...
  • TRAIN TO BUSAN Crushes Hong Kong Box Office
    by Pierce Conran / Sep 20, 2016 KOFIC
    Record for Korean Film in HK with $60 Million in 4 Weeks

VViNjmjJxEbAPLHTyQzQ.png

After going on release August 25th, YEON Sang-ho’s zombie smash TRAIN TO BUSAN took just four days to eclipse the Hong Kong box office record for a Korean film, beating the long-standing HKD 14 million figure set by romantic comedy My Sassy Girl in 2001. Local distributor Edko reported on Sunday, September 18th that after four weeks on release the film has gone over HKD 60 million (USD 7.73 million). Within a few days the film is set to overtake Arvin CHEN’s Taiwanese romance You Are the Apple of My Eye to become the highest grossing Asian release in Hong Kong history, eclipsing all other Chinese-language features.

In Korea, TRAIN TO BUSAN became the highest grossing film of the year after posting the highest opening score of all time in July. It debuted to rave reviews at the Cannes Film Festival in May. The film ended up attracting 11.56 million viewers (USD 82.75 million), making it the 11th most successful Korean film of all time. 

Elsewhere, the film became the top scoring Korean release of all time in Singapore, where it generated USD 2.27 million and is still going strong, three times more than previous record holder 200 Pounds Beauty (2006). It performed the same feat in Malaysia, where it did so solely through previews ahead of its general release, and in Taiwan, dethroning My Sassy Girl after just two days.

In addition the film has topped the box office charts in Vietnam, generated USD 1.87 million in North America, USD 1.85 million in France, USD 2.13 million in Thailand and USD 700,000 in Australia. Globally, the film has handily passed the USD 100 million mark.

• Any copying, republication or redistribution of KOFIC's content is prohibited without prior consent of KOFIC

So happy about this news.. if this push true, I really hope he does well in the international market

Ma Dong-seok to ride train to Hollywood?

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160928

Actor Ma Dong-seok has reportedly been considered for a role in Hollywood after his breakthrough role in the critically acclaimed zombie apocalypse horror film “Train to Busan.”

According to Ma‘s agency Day Dream Entertainment, a major Hollywood studio has shown interest in Ma Dong-seok and requested a meeting. 

Although nothing is confirmed yet, it appears that Ma’s performance in “Train to Busan” has launched him into the international limelight, which opens up many new opportunities to the actor. 

Fans have already speculated that Ma would assimilate very well into the Hollywood film industry, due to his American background, as well as his fluent English and his experience as a personal trainer for professional martial artists.

Ma has also grabbed the attention of a large Taiwanese audience, as he was tagged as the “next new star” and was requested for a fan meeting.

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

By Ko Dong-hwan http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2016/09/201_214970.html

Korean actor Don Lee ― from "Train to Busan" ― will likely soon star in Hollywood features.

Lee, also known as Ma Dong-seok in Korea, received casting offers from "major studios in Hollywood," according to Dong-A Ilbo, Wednesday.

"We think it is a good opportunity (for Lee)," said Daydream Entertainment, the actor's agency. "Any following process will be processed carefully."

Hollywood's interest in Lee, 45, largely stems from his role in Korea's first zombie blockbuster flick this year, which debuted in the Out of Competition category at the Cannes Film Festival in May. Following the screening, film studios including Fox, Sony and some in Europe tried to secure remake rights.

"Train to Busan" also had two sold-out screenings at the 20th Fantasia International Film Festival in Montreal in August, winning the Cheval Noir trophy for best feature.

The movie opened in Korean theaters in July and has sold almost 12 million tickets.

"It appears Lee will become the latest addition to Korean stars who debuted in Hollywood, such as Lee Byung-hun and Bae Doo-na," an official from the Korean cinema industry said, according to the report.

Lee, who moved to Korea from the U.S., where he worked as a health trainer, is known for his fluent English and machismo, which also may have appealed to Hollywood.

The actor has become popular in other Asian nations. In Taiwan, the movie opened early this month and beat Hollywood's "World War Z" in ticket sales, with over $9 million worth sold in 10 days, according to the report.

Lee debuted in Korea in 2005 and has appeared in movies, TV dramas and commercials.

• 4 months later...

Train to Busan review – a nonstop zombie thrill ride

65gBFOq.jpg

This rip-roaring, record-breaking South Korean zombies-on-a-train romp barrels along like a runaway locomotive – The Railing Dead. Owing as much to Bong Joon-ho (director of creature-feature hit The Host) as to George A Romero, Yeon Sang-ho’s breathless cinematic bullet train boasts frantic physical action, sharp social satire and ripe sentimental melodrama designed to reach into your ribcage and rip out your bleeding heart. Faster on its feet than 2004’s Dawn of the Dead remake, wittier than Pride and Prejudice and Zombiesand more thrillingly spectacular than World War Z, Train to Busan joins The Girl With All the Gifts in breathing new life into a genre that simply refuses to lie down and die.

Read the full review on The Guardian.

I can't wait to watch this dread-smiley.gif,

• 3 weeks later...

Archived