Fox News host criticized for Kelly Clarkson weight remarks

sugarplum892

class="headline" itemprop="headline" style="font-family: ProximaNova-Light, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 2.25em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1.11111em; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; letter-spacing: -1px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Fox News host criticized for Kelly Clarkson weight remarksFox News host Chris Wallace has been criticized over comments he made regarding Kelly Clarkson's weight.
The remark took place as host Mike Gallagher and Wallace joked about Gallagher's weight during Friday's (April 3) The Mike Gallagher Show.
Kelly Clarkson performs during Mardi Gras celebration at Universal Orlando on February 21, 2015 in Orlando, Florida.

"Listen, don't fat shame me. You do a lot of fat shaming," Gallagher said. "That's the new phrase now, 'fat shaming'. Have you seen Kelly Clarkson? You know the singer, Kelly Clarkson? Holy cow, did she blow up." 
"Really? Do we want to talk about some of your friends?" Wallace replied, and later added: "Kelly Clarkson's got a lovely voice." 
He continued: "She could stay off the deep dish pizza for a little while."
Kelly Clarkson performs during Mardi Gras celebration at Universal Orlando on February 21, 2015 in Orlando, Florida.

Fellow Fox News presenter Greta Van Susteren has said that Wallace should apologize for what he said during the radio appearance.
On her blog, Van Susteren wrote: "This 'guy snickering' about her weight is obnoxious. He should apologize."
Last month (March), Clarkson responded to having her weight mocked by Katie Hopkins.
"She's tweeted something nasty about me? That's because she doesn't know me. I'm awesome," Clarkson said.
"It doesn't bother me. It's a free world. Say what you will. I've just never cared what people think. 
"It's more if I'm happy and I'm confident and feeling good, that's always been my thing. And more so now, since having a family - I don't seek out any other acceptance."

Source

Archived