[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] The Wife's Lies 妻子的謊言

sugarplum892

妻子的謊言.jpg

Details:Title: 妻子的謊言/Qīzi de huǎngyán
English title: The Wife's Lies
Genre: Modern

Episodes: 52

Director: Hsu Fu-chun & ZhōujiāwénScriptwriters : Wú yíngyíng, Jiāng zéhóng, & Zhū yǒngkūn

Production Period: April 16, 2014

Broadcast Date: March 29, 2015 - April 2015

Replacing: Cruel Romance 錦繡緣•華麗冒險

Cast:

Ting Anne

JiaZhang Xiaolong
Prince Chiu
Lulu Xu
Chén mèng chén
Mark Lee
Traey Miley

Synopsis:

Adapted from Korean drama My Daughter Seo Young, The Wife's Lies tells the story of a girl named Li Xiaxi who lives a tough life due to her father's constant gambling habit. After her mother dies from a heart condition, she blames her father for her mother's death and holds a grudge towards him. She takes on a position as tutor for the Jiang's family youngest son Jiang Yiming to support her and her brother's education but eventually falls in love with their eldest son Jiang Yibin. They finally get married after his parents' approval but she lies that she is an orphan, that both her parents have died because she didn't have the courage to tell them about her father. On the other hand, her brother Li Dongxu becomes entangled in a love triangle with the Jiang family's only daughter Jiang Yishan and Sun Jianuan. Xiaxi's lies spin out of control when her father becomes her husband's savior and when Dongxu finds out about Yishan's identity.

Raw Previews:

Additional Links:

The Wife's Lies 妻子的謊言 Weibo Page
The Wife's Lies 妻子的謊言 Raw Episodes

The Wife's Lies 妻子的謊言 Episode Recaps

SOOMPI RULES OF CONDUCT

Don't post any requests for subs.

Anything unrelated to the drama character/plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 

05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So after watching a good dozen episodes, I've finding the storyline a little dull. It seems the overarching plot of the "wife's lie" is a little weak, moves a little too slowly and the events are cliche. It's a pity as I thought it started off well.

So after watching a good dozen episodes, I've finding the storyline a little dull. It seems the overarching plot of the "wife's lie" is a little weak, moves a little too slowly and the events are cliche. It's a pity as I thought it started off well.

​Hmm interesting. I liked the first 6 episodes..but you know what, if you have seen the Korean version it's pretty much identical plot-wise.

Archived