czakhareina

[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

I've lived in 1988 for almost 3 months.

Anyone please tell me how to come back to 2016 TT_TT

I'll miss them so much TT_TT

944035_1710698715879495_3057226419117144

Cre: IG@ minminji_1101  (Man Ok)

• Like 18

I'm teamjunghwan from day one. i feel empty inside but glad for the TKDS shippers out there. the main point is that the writer is trying to convey the message of hesitation leading to having to let go your first love, which was awesomely done. the execution part about DS and TK to me was a bit confusing, at least to me (maybe i was always overlooking the clues .-.) since I am biased, I never picked up or overlooked of DS's feelings for TK until the recent episodes (probably cuz of confirmation bias - only noticing things that confirms our belief, in this case JHDS as my otp). i have to admit TK and DS are adorbz but it just didn't get to me as natural because TK was an underdog all along when we (or at least I) least expected it. I tried to stay neutral and be teamDS but really couldn't when JH had all these emotions and i got dragged in... DS was so difficult to read T_T 

JH's character development was my favorite and he'll always be memorable.

i also really liked @packmule3 's extremely detailed explanations and interpretations of all the clues, which was so reasonable that i really gave it an effort in thinking about TK as the potential husband. 

all in all, since i've invested in JHDS all along, it's difficult to let go and feel happy for TKDS wholeheartedly... it'll take some time. but everyone, keep calm and don't start shipping wars c:

• Like 7

How is everybody holding up?! in a few hours we will have to bid farewell to our lovely gang from Ssangmun-dong. And the lovely parents.. I hope we could also bid farewell to all the ship wars. Seriously MT has been quite scary over the course of 2 months with all the heated argument on who will be the husband. That other fans of the drama are even afraid to post anything ... or mention anything related to Taek.. which is quite sad.. I hope the ship wars didn't over shadow the real story drama has given us. About family, friends, love and dreams. Now that we can watch the drama with English subtitles we can binge watch :-)

Everyone is welcome to visit our DukSeonxTaek thread so you can understand the story in our POV and the amazing clues dedicated SunTaek shippers have gathered (we have a master list!!) or you can  just watch it again without focusing on who the husband hunt and just appreciate the drama and characters itself.!!!

KUDOS to the hard working shippers who gathered all clues and ship their  team 'till the end. And invested their time and feelings. Now we can all go back to normal life :-)

bravo to PD-nim and Lee Woo-Jeong writer-nim... (the story and the characters were that good and believable that they were able to divide the viewers and eventually took sides)

Let's enjoy the last episode later, ne?!

I'll definitely miss this drama!!!! :heart::heart::heart:

• Like 7

jungpal just got chilbonged more than chilbong himself (rainyday2909 on tumblr)

Totally agree with this one. At least Chilbong is better, he kissed NJ, he's honest, although we all know NJ doesn't love him but he did confession. Junghwan ah, too bad you just gave up like that ㅜㅜ

I know it's a drama, but drama is also cruel.

Still remember clearly, I couldn't enjoy the rest of Reply 1994 eps after heartbroken.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

Five Stars on Dramabeans. The Jungpal shippers haven't gotten there yet.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/01/answer-me-1988-episode-19/

Don't worry. I'll still give it a 5 for every Junghwan scene alone
Can't deny the story is good. We just need time to accept it. Right now heart overrule the head.  

Congrats for all of taek shipper :)

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, pi2tni4ng said:

Don't worry. I'll still give it a 5 for every Junghwan scene alone
Can't deny the story is good. We just need time to accept it. Right now heart overrule the head.  

Congrats for your the taek shipper :)

Thanks for your grace!

[like I have any thing to do with with this or any right to thank you] But anyway, your graciousness is  a relief.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Thanks for your grace!

[like I have any thing to do with with this or any right to thank you] But anyway, your graciousness is  a relief.

Just give us time to release all the pain.
It really is painfull, feels like we are the one that going through all of the heartbreak.
It won't be soon, so how many clues or reasons or anything people make will not make sense to us right now.

I was junghwan, fall for a boy since elementary school and can only get rid of that feeling at the end of high school. And it still left lingering feeling because I opened up to no one. 

Thank god, I was prepared for this outcome, but I cried and it's still  so painfull. 

Can't imagine for my fellow who put their bet 100% on junghwan. I hope all of us stay strong. Serious pain this show give :tears:

and to all taek shipper I humbly ask to not kick a dead horse when it's already down, there is no need to come to jh-ds thread to rub it in their face. 

• Like 6

Lol I am sorry for directly quoting the images from 'kkuljaem'...but this is exactly the things we *can maybe restrain from doing next time Reply is back on screen..

Mod edit: Pictures not related to the drama

1. Reply 1997
"Should I not meet her?"

Me: Huh? He must be the husband..

2. Reply 1994
When it was revealed that Trash isn't Na Jung's biological oppa

Me: Huh? He's not her biological oppa? He's 100% the husband 

3. Reply 1994 
When Kim Jungpal cracked a smile watching Deoksun as an Olympic picket girl 

Me: Ya~hoo, that dude must be the one this time
I say EoNamRyu, You say confirmed~

--And the title was 'Husband confirmation scenes in Reply dramas'.

- I mean the last Reply came on '2013,so the fact that they took two years break,just makes me suspicious that the writer worked on her script for nearly one year or so,or else all these intricate clues/details would not have worked out.There's  this thing I remember we used to do in school,that is Arrange the sentences in correct order.So,I would always having a tough time to relate one with the other.My point is on this drama,have not we always gone back and forth with different missing hints to connect to the story? This won't have been possible and won't make sense if the writer did not have the answer in her mind from the start.Like look at this quote from dramabeans..that we hear from Deok Sun in the voice over..

'Deok-sun narrates: “Time flows and leaves behind parting and regret. If you love someone, you need to say it now. You have to say it before the time spent breathlessly living turns into regret. Perhaps the biggest gift left by time is the memory of having loved. So before it’s too late, overcome your embarrassment and confess: ‘To you, the one I love.'”[Ep:7]

And then when we later came back to JH's narrative,we saw how much that voiceover seemed like screaming his actions so far...

“But fate and timing aren’t just coincidences that find you. They’re moments like miracles, that arise out of choices made because of ardent desire. Surrender and decision, without hesitation—that is what makes timing. He was more ardent, and I should’ve had more courage. It wasn’t the red lights, nor the timing that was bad… but the countless times I hesitated.”[Ep:18]

See that? It was always arranged this way from the beginning.Except that the writer interrupted the Order of the incidents.So that's why,when we see Deok sun is doggedly pursuing JH to go on concert with her,at the same time she's spending time with TK in china,managing his wardrobe,even wearing his own clothes as her own.Because of the conventional tropes of Kdramas,we missed the connection,the message writer tried to deliver.So I won't so easily state that writer has readily changed the script,influenced by audience pressure,or for sticking up to the success of this drama.Rather I would take her determination,and tenacity of 'living by her words that she wants to do what she wants..and write the story as she thinks it should be' as a source of inspiration here lol.It does take a huge amount of courage and confidence to do so and come out delivering.

Edited by lupita311
OFF TOPIC
  • Like 12

i don't like taek as the husband, i don't like it, but i know i have to accept it. time will heal, time will heal, time will heal me (try to believe). even if i feel cheated by the writer right now, when the next reply series is announced (if they ever make one again) i know i will be hyped to watch again (i guess the husband wrong twice now). 
i wish we will get something different for the next one, maybe a wife hunt. and i would love if the husband is someone with character like dongryong.  

well, congrats to taek shipper. 

• Like 3

Its fun when i read all of posts. I have few ideas to share. 

1. There are few posts said that TK and DS have not much scenes together. Well, there are not much scenes of JH and DS either. Reply 1994 seems to be more focus on families than who is the husband. Even you can see the limit of 2016 scenes. And i love how the drama give us the love from family, and friendship, the love of young and old and the differences. I enjoy all of their dreams and how they try to find their dreams. 

2. During drama, i was hoping TK will be one-side love. It has own beauty. And like JH said in ep 18, fate is not everything, time is more than that, and he knows he has lost a lot of time because of his hesitated. I saw its as a beauty of JH, how he grow up and how realised what he should have done. He gave up in the good way. I love to see people have one-side love, they have something deep in their heart and it always beautiful. 

3. Seriously, i dont really get it why people get too deep into JH-DS and TK-DS relationship. The whole picture is more than that. The heartbreak and the love are the message from write, at the end drama is the way writer try to communicate with their audience. See what you was crying and laughing for every week. 

4. I vote for SW's mom and TK's dad. They are so cute! 

• Like 4

Is anyone live streaming tvn atm?  Am I the only one getting sound but no picture?  Does anyone have a working link?

2 hours ago, Shorti Inji said:

I'm live streaming tonight!!!!!!!!! (my first time for this drama.)

Mod edit Off topic

it will be a fun experience to livestream

watch out for the following CF.. you will love them.

thanks @Phuong Tam Nguyen for the links. 

Edited by lupita311
OFF TOPIC
  • Like 3

Just have opened this account for posting in this thread ^^ I have been a silent reader of Soompi for a very very long time, perhaps since 2011 or so. I rarely stream live due to bad internet access, but today decided to try. Could anyone please PM me stream links tonight? ^^ So much thank :D

This is not meant as a dig at any of our full-hearted shippers.

But now that I see the deeply broken hearts littered across this forum I have a better understanding of k-drama mother's who won't approve (usually) their son's marriage no matter how good the girl or how deeply their sons love those girls because those girls were not the end game they knew in their hearts their sons will achieve.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, nanaya said:

Is anyone live streaming tvn atm?  Am I the only one getting sound but no picture?  Does anyone have a working link?

Same since I tried to use it  15 minutes ago it's still not working.

Thank you @Meliere for defending TK -DS shippers..Hands down ^^..... I understand some JH shippers are not prepared to see the worst possibilities that might happen on their SHIP...it becoz they never had a single doubt that JH is not the husband and its not really advisable to do so coz even in real life there such thing "Impossible and Possible "..It exist...

People tend to make a mistakes, we're humans its normal, if your judgement is wrong, accept and learn from it.. don't blame to script, writers, producers, or even character.. they work hard to entertain, educate and inspired us, if this drama is not beneficial for you..just forget it..

TK, DS, JH, SW, DR, BR- Thank you for inspiring us...

and now for TK-DS shippers 

TAEKTANIC is now  TAEKING OVER

We don't know who you are. We don't know what you want..What we have are a very particular set of skills; skills we have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make our post a nightmare for a shippers like you. If you will accept that Taek is the husband now, and stop bashing anyone that'll be the end of it. We will not look for you, we will not pursue you. But if you don't, we will look for you, we will find you, and we will give you the right clues. LOL..^__^

Taek is Taeken now... Nice catch DS ^^

2CGejEwr0lxXW.gif

gifs-credit to @hafunohane

^____^ for more clues and information , please visit TK-DS dangerous room..hihihihih..

• Like 18