[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

1 minute ago, otomame said:

Comments saying that if "DS and Taek end up together it's the worst ending ever" are so unnecessary.

Why do you guys just ignore Deoksun's feelings? Aren't her feelings important to you at all?

Yes, it's sad that Junghwan's love might be unrequited but this episode showed that Junghwan isn't even hanging onto Deoksun anymore nor is he crying over her, he is busy with work and as I've said he seems happy and at peace. Deosun is currently in love with Taek and Taek loves her too.

We will see how things end in episode 20. Even though I think Deoksun suddenly falling out of love with Taek and re-discovering her feelings for Junghwan would be a bit rushed, but I have trust in the writers to make it a satisfying ending no matter what.

On a more positive note: Taek and Deoksun's scenes today were SO freaking adorable. I want a boyfriend too now lol </3

I feel like comments like this will fuel the fire LOL they're saying they don't like it, which I take as not liking how it's written, not disliking the couple itself so..... just calm down? LOL 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, kaqueski said:

Wow honestly I feel like Sunbora has been the main couple from the start, they have all the phases portrayed in this series: the chasing phase, the dating phase, the break up phase, the overcome challenge phase is coming now with their family disapproval, and finally a wedding. 

I'm so proud of Sunbora. You cannot really call them a secondary couple anymore :P

yeah im glad im shipped them, sunbora is beautiful couple ,

main triangle is just headache

thank you to those who wrote the live cap

and to the one who called me rude, i find those who are not respecting the story and how the writers chose to write it, is even more rude.

seriously, this is fiction. just because your desired ship does not materialise, you opt to be disrespectful to the story and still wishes for your ship to sail? I applaud the spirit.

Whoooo....what a ride. That was almost two hours of 'Yes' or 'No' !! Screams coming from all corners.

I don't know. I only watched R97 and it was clear who was going to be with SW and I didn't watch R94 (more frustrating than R88?) so I wasn't invested in who was the husband. 

I may be the worst guesser (Heck, I didn't win the Powerball) but I am sticking with JH. Honestly, Taekie is a darling but I also felt that DS will have to be constantly looking after him. Also I am confused by adult Husband. In the beginning, his snarliness and scoffing his wife (remember when she danced in front of him as the adult version), that was so JH. Anyhow, we will all see the final episode tomorrow (maybe not me cos I have a wedding to attend) and hopefully everyone stays calm. Congrats to whoever is on the right ship and if DS loves the fella, who are we to argue #teamdeoksun. 

PS. Any idea how long tomorrow's episode is going to be? 

3 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

I have a tiny tiny question for all the fans: If TK and DS end up breaking up in the end... will you be satisfied that they at least did date? Or would you be even more pissed? 
Just a question of "if" i'm just curious about the audience reactions. 

"Sad" will be a better term. We can't blame the writer if things dont go our way, this isn't a soccer game

but of course i'd be satisfied

8 minutes ago, supreme1 said:

I feel like comments like this will fuel the fire LOL they're saying they don't like it, which I take as not liking how it's written, not disliking the couple itself so..... just calm down? LOL 

I don't have any problem with people disliking a ship and voicing their opinions (as long as they're not just hate-posts, which my post was directed to). It annoys me that people keep on ignoring Deoksun and her feelings. I understand that JHxDS shippers are sad but they only seem to focus on Junghwan and his unrequited love. I'm #TeamDeoksun so I just want to stand up for her and her feelings a bit

I apologise if I came off too harsh though, I don't want anyone to feel attacked

*sigh* that awkward moment when people are butthurt no matter what :/ everybody just needs to chill xD

JHxDS shippers: it's okayyy, at least this time the the other guy got a chance to compete and the girl liked him at one point, plus, it's been 5 years, he should be over it, and in today's episode he looks completely fine, not pained anymore :D

TxDS shippers: congrats. But at the same time people do have the rights to say what they do and don't like so don't overreact (to those who are overreacting) 

There! Just enjoy it while it lasts xD

3 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

I have a tiny tiny question for all the fans: If TK and DS end up breaking up in the end... will you be satisfied that they at least did date? Or would you be even more pissed? 

i will be pissed if they break up and end up being miserable......

if they break up but ultimately find happiness somewhere else, then that is fine with me :)

writer-nim... please give us a happy ending for everyone:blush:

Well now I'm gonna say thanks for the ride Reply 1988, it was fun. You had good writing. Truly 'my last love is family' is what this drama is and if I just don't think about Junghwan, I'm totally okay with what's going on right now.

Great drama, bad execution in the romance part (let's be honest here) but great job in the family scenes!!

I'm not as heated as I thought I was gonna be because Junghwan's not the husband. The writers are really lucky Bogum is cute with Hyeri because that kiss scene was really good, I'm not mad lol

I wonder what's the situation with the knets though ... since a lot of them thought Junghwan was the husband too obviously from the term they created "Ryu Junyeol is the husband anyway"...

2 minutes ago, Nikkaquarian said:

"Sad" will be a better term. We can't blame the writer if things dont go our way, this isn't a soccer game

but of course i'd be satisfied

hee thanks for your answer! I use the word pissed because I can imagine people would be angry. They can obviously make this happen in earlier episodes but if they make them break up after 1 episode... the fan won't be just sad right? 

10 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

I would be annoyed.  I want DATING and couples growing together.  i don't care if it's JH/DS or DS/TK or DS/DR... i just want her to date and experience love, and to grow and change because of that love.  For them to have her date and then randomly marry someone else with no build up or sweet scenes seems wrong to me.  Plus it's horrible for Taek.  At least JH got to let go before he dated her.  It would be really weird for their friendship as well.  So, nah. 

Oh but dating, breakup and then getting back together is fine with me lol 

17 minutes ago, 2505stv said:

If DS with Tk, I swear to God this is the worst ending ever. 

i absolutely agree with this, how can sweet and adorable guy like choi taek who admire deoksun so much become the prickly husband like in the one in the present ?  if he the husband, then the writer must explain us how his character changes drastically like that

Just now, otomame said:

I don't have any problem with people disliking a ship and voicing their opinions (as long as they're not just hate-posts, which my post was directed to). It annoys me that people keep on ignoring Deoksun and her feelings. I understand that JHxDS shippers are sad but they only seem to focus on Junghwan and his unrequited love. I'm #TeamDeoksun so I just want to stand up for her and her feelings a bit

I get what you mean but... I don't think the one you replied to was a hate post though xD not that the person was like "i hate DS she should have chosen JH" or anything ^^ the writer is such a troll though even right before Taek kissed DS she was like "i thought we were friends" *sigh* so yeah I think people are justified in feeling frustrated LOL 

thanks for the recap...I'm too disappointed. I think I'm in too deep for JH and cannot recovered from my disappointment. i don't think i'll watch this ep and the final ep. I'll just read the recap somewhere later. Ah...what a waste of my anxiousness for the past few days. Off to do my work and delete all the episodes that I've downloaded before. I don't think I'll watch this drama ever again. Hope to see RJY soon in another drama...

P/s: to taek-ds couple shippers. I have no ill feeling towards Taekie. He is adorable and all. I expected DS to end up with Taek after all. However Jh still lurking deep in my heart. So, please do understand before saying something like I am rude and all. TQ

2 minutes ago, eyjooniesh said:

i absolutely agree with this, how can sweet and adorable guy like choi taek who admire deoksun so much become the prickly husband like in the one in the present ?  if he the husband, then the writer must explain us how his character changes drastically like that

how do you know if choi taek is always that sweet and adorable guy though?? even the dad said before, he wasn't like that.... even in 1994 scenes, he changed a lot compared to what we first saw of him in 1988....

and of course, the future husband scene is in 2016... which is 20 years more than 1988-1994 scene we currently enjoy...

even my mom said my dad was romantic when he was pursuing her.. now, not so much lol... bickers all the time... although for my parents, fighting is much better term... sigh haha....

I wished that they showed DS's feelings for TK just a few episodes earlier so that it didn't seem so rushed- and that I could accept it earlier. After watching the kiss scene, I felt sad but I'm giving a pat on the back for myself and for JH-Shippers who've watched this ep to the end. 

I hope JH finds a good partner, and that he's alive in the future :) I'm going to hold that 1% thread of chance for tomorrow, and finish off Ep 20. 

Archived