[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i watch the raw but still don't understand anything. Need to read dramabeans recap.
is there any possiblties that the person DS wait is the guy that should watch the concert at the first place? why doe we assume that  she wait for taek?

I don't think that writer rewritten the script. I think both Taek and Jung Hwan is still better than Chilbong. Chilbong kisses najung wiithout any reaction from her and after that scene she still love thrash. if Taek kiss DS in real life, the writer can do some flashback scene but if not, we can assume that it just a dream. So yeah, the script is better than 94. I mean they can play it without make either JH or Taek look pitiful like Chilbong.

one thing that the writer should regret is making DS brother look much older in 2015.  he is a handsome guy on 1994

15 minutes ago, ainipang said:

i watch the raw but still don't understand anything. Need to read dramabeans recap.
is there any possiblties that the person DS wait is the guy that should watch the concert at the first place? why doe we assume that  she wait for taek?

I don't think that writer rewritten the script. I think both Taek and Jung Hwan is still better than Chilbong. Chilbong kisses najung wiithout any reaction from her and after that scene she still love thrash. if Taek kiss DS in real life, the writer can do some flashback scene but if not, we can assume that it just a dream. So yeah, the script is better than 94. I mean they can play it without make either JH or Taek look pitiful like Chilbong.

one thing that the writer should regret is making DS brother look much older in 2015.  he is a handsome guy on 1994

They're all waiting for Taek not someone else. There's no vagueness at all. When the group got up they even said that they'll meet up with Taek at their second venue (Koreans go to multiple locations for several rounds of drinking).

Guest princessprincess

I just noticed that the beautiful song that plays while Jung Hwan is crying in his car and Dramabeans' song for Reply 1994 Episode 21 (final episode) are the same. Its title is 기다린날도 지워질날도 (Days of Longing, Days to be Forgotten) by 이승환 (Lee Seung Hwan).

Songs used in the series were really amazing. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIpdYAhNEJE

I find it sad that they are blaming hyeri's reactions or acting. Don't you think that she move on? It's been 6 years. She was her crush and it could have been more if he did not pushed her away. But he did and that crush remained a crush, a puppy love at 18. 

43 minutes ago, monsterlife said:

I find it sad that they are blaming hyeri's reactions or acting. Don't you think that she move on? It's been 6 years. She was her crush and it could have been more if he did not pushed her away. But he did and that crush remained a crush, a puppy love at 18. 

I agree. I mean do people want the girl to break down or something whilst JH 'confession.'  She- I mean Deoksun- would have matured...and she (and the characters in their own time and space) probably know and feel something we as viewers don't.

BUT ALSO in saying that, we know things Deoksun doesn't- perhaps she isn't aware of. We feel angered etc because we have seen JH and his pursuit..and etc

Hopefully by next episode, we'll see through her lens...or from flashbacks, we'll see her reactions ...we as viewers, don't know the whole story. I feel like thus far, we've been blocked from Deoksun's interpretations/feelings to an extent.

Tbh we can't say anything definitely. We should judge after the 20th episode, there's still more to find out...more to know. 

I think this is the first time I've ever been so emotionally invested in a drama that the night before it is released I can't sleep and I keep thinking about what will happen. 

I still think that TK is end game based off how apart from JH's confession this episode there hasn't been much development for JH in recent episodes. It would feel rushed for the writers to squeeze in more development for JH and I'm really hoping it's TK (although you never know what could happen). 

If TK isn't end game, at least he got his kiss.

If JH isn't end game, at least he gave his confession. 

Regardless of who DS ends up with, I'm happy for them :) I just desperately want to see things from her perspective in the last two episodes!! 

20 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Did you enjoy the "extra chocolate" I left for you? :phew:

yes I enjoy it saving it for last B) so i can survive until the final eps.

very insightful @packmule3 explanation about the screen shoot photo. before your detail explanation my interpretation is the "one" picture seem like (-) negative/minus. brave very clever and it so make sense with the episode theme " crossed the line " and I know there is something special about the pink sweater not just becouse it belong to park bo gum in real life. It's so amazing you can read the scene very detailed @packmule3are you a scriptwriter or may be a movie director or an actress? 

Episode 11: Three Prophesies  sure is hold key for this show no wonder it put in the middle of the show. episode 11 from 20. this episode is turning point in this show and @packmule3 speak it well.

and about the dreamy kiss @packmule3 you said " your brain processes your reaction faster that you can think " that so right:P. and about the kiss or @tiendoank said  "69/spidey/dreamy kiss" last night someone here in the forum also said it was simbol of yin and yang. I backtrack to find the post but i can't find it whoever you are thanks for mention it. I think in every aspect DS and TK is yin and yang. very opposite but incredibly match for each other.

and @packmule3 i'll wait your explanation about "Do you see the absurdity? There were real reasons why Future Husband was "snarky"/angry [note my quotation marks. The word "snarky" for instance is prejudicial. He's being in a state of "snarkiness" is subjective and debatable.] His reasons were valid. I’ll have to explain some other time. :D"   

and thank you so much for all recappers @hojichas, @carolinedl, @katakwasabi, @hafunohane, @wizengamot, @drynase, @Nikkaquarian, @ner54, and for every one in this forum love you all.  GOD BLESS YOU :wub:

p.s @packmule3 my other account is @deeand i have two account depend on witch computer i logged in.

I actually loved the fact that JH realised that it was his fault, his bad timing that led to DS slipping from his fingers. I mean, if I were in DS's shoes I would have thought the same thing when he kept on pushing her away... So the blame is not on her guys ppl gotta stop accusing her of not noticing and ish...

All I know is that next week is gonna be beautiful and heartbreaking to watch...cause she's gonna end up with either JH or Taek (my bet's on JH). And one of them will be rejected....sadly...cause both of them liked her. ALL JH-DS shippers cmon cheer up! We all know he's endgame cause why would the director put in narration and the feather song for him if he's not gonna be the husband anyways...?? Like, think abt it....

PS. MY FAV SCENES:

1. The feather song and the whole slow mo scene was beautifully taken. Good job R1988 team!

2. Taek's birthday scene it's so nice to see everyone again same ol frens same ol characters....

3. The scene where JH and Taek were staring at DS's empty spot after she left to sleep..that was a very subtle yet obvious longing for both parties.

4. THE CINEMA SCENE!!! THE FACE HE GAVE WHEN HE FOUND OUT DS'S BLIND DATE WAS TWO TIMING AND THE WAY HIS HANDS JUST AUTOMATICALLY REACHED FOR HIS JACKET AND THAT CLENCHING HIS FIST SCENE MY GOSH JUNGHWAN YOU ARE GOALS!

5. Sadly, JH's crying scene broke my heart...he's such a pure soul and it just tore me apart!

6. CONFESSION SCENE. CRIED. First time crying at a confession scene after 8 years of watching K-dramas!! It was so heartfelt and honest...I would have been wavered even if it was just "acting". For this, I really gotta salute the actor RJY..his eye acting was superb!

7. HAHAHA DR and SW's reaction! Mainly DR!

Finally, CAN WE TALK ABT HOW HAWT JH WAS IN THIS WHOLE EPISODE! ESPECIALLY THE CAR SCENE TO DS AND THE CONFESSION AND THE ROOM AND THE RESTAURANT BASICALLY EVERY.SINGLE.SCENE.

AND Yes! JH FTW! #JH-DS #husbandgoals

Guest princessprincess
35 minutes ago, bluishguitar said:

I just noticed that the beautiful song that plays while Jung Hwan is crying in his car and Dramabeans' song for Reply 1994 Episode 21 (final episode) are the same. Its title is 기다린날도 지워질날도 (Days of Longing, Days to be Forgotten) by 이승환 (Lee Seung Hwan).

Songs used in the series were really amazing. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIpdYAhNEJE

And the Song of the Day for Reply 1988 Episode 18 on Dramabeans is the same song.

DB recaps are up: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/01/answer-me-1988-episode-18/

Hai...guys, this is my first comment in soompi forums. Thanks for all the recaps that you all brought

I still can't bring myself to believe that Taek is the husband just because the reaction of DS about JH confession. I really hope that Taek will end with DS, but i don't want to give myself a false hope because i don't want to break my heart. From the start i like Taek character, i told myself to preapered to get hurt because i think the clue is so obvious that JH will be the husband.

If you all throw back to in the end of eps 6, the husband told DS that he knows that DS got reject from SW in 1988 and how crazy DS to SW until she write so many letters to Starry Night show. The person who knows it all just JH, if you look in the whole eps. 6, JH found out about DS feeling to SW from DS' letter that was returned because the wrong stamp that DS used. And JH was the person who saw DS got rejected from SW. It can't be Taek because at that time, Taek was in China, he has a tournament and when DS got rejected from SW, he was in Baduk club and then he call DS from telephone box near baduk club because you can saw the logo in there, so there was no chance for him to saw all of that. So i don't really understand about what happened in eps 18, how they turn like that:frown:

The scriptwriter, please be nice to Taek and JH, whatever you choose, just don't make others look so miserable

Hope we can all enjoy the drama till the end:blush:

And i'm sorry for my poor english:D

Did anyone think the scene where Junghwan drives pass Dukseon is foreshadowing something? Particularly how Dukseon is looking at her watch and fails to catch him in front of her? Possibly something about 'timing' and parting ways and how her 'true love' is right in front of her.

The relationship between the future Deoksun and husband just seems waaaay too different from the relationship of Taek x Deoksun. All clues may point to Taek but imo I can't imagine them bickering or Taek becoming indifferent and just his overall personality changing. Junghwan and Deoksun mesh better and seems like the couple that faces hardships together opposed to the cutesy couple of Taek and Deoksun.

“Noona, you’re really amazing. How could you have a blind date with someone from the same school, same department and same year as me? You must really not think of me.”

“I was thinking that maybe, with a 1% chance, that it’d be you. But his nickname is Trash, so I realized, “Ah, that 1% flew away.”. But I thought again. If that’s the case, then I’ll have to make another 1% chance - to have you hear about it. Since it’s the same school, same department and same year, you’d hear about it. If you heard about it, it’s really only a 1% chance, but I thought that if you perhaps still like me, then couldn’t we start again? I came because of that hope. Sunwoo-ya, this sounds crazy but, I missed you.”

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/688130

• [+2287, -11] Bora is so relieving ㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+1959, -20] They’re the most relieving couple in AM1988….. Whenever I see you guys, my heart is at rest
  • [+1799, -10] Bora is totally a girl crush. Even if it’s only now, it’s touching that she’d say that to him ㅎ
  • [+1674, -9] Bora is cool. A 1% woman
  • [+1525, -8] Wow, Bora was the most relieving today. Honestly and without retreat
  • [+1171, -11] Such a great scene. I really loved it 
  • [+1007, -9] Wow, I got goosebumps at the 1% part
  • [+935, -13] How about the after story…? So how did things end up for the two of them…?
  • [+753, -8] You’re the best, Bora-ya
  • [+651, -7] It’s seriously fate
  • [+388, -4] I choked up when she said she wanted to believe in another 1% ㅜㅜ
  • [+339, -5] Bora’s a romantic too. My heart flutter when she was talking about the chances ♡ I’m a girl…..
  • [+322, -3] That kind of confession is totally my style ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  • [+243, -8] Bora is cool ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

http://entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/cjenm.reply1988/news/read?oid=108&aid=0002490750&pid=hot.030.102.1008717&cid=1011585

• [+437, -6] Bora noona is so cool..
  • [+377, -4] Bora is the most relieving character~ This scene is the most relieving of everything this week.. It’s been so frustrating..
  • [+215, -5] Bora’s smart ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Her reactions are the best ㅋㅋ
  • [+120, -3] I like that Sunwoo and Bora are always straight to the point
  • [+57, -4] They’re them most relieving couple
  • [+44, -1] If it weren’t for Bora, I would have almost died from the frustration. Bora is cool

48 minutes ago, elified said:

Did anyone think the scene where Junghwan drives pass Dukseon is foreshadowing something? Particularly how Dukseon is looking at her watch and fails to catch him in front of her? Possibly something about 'timing' and parting ways and how her 'true love' is right in front of her.

The relationship between the future Deoksun and husband just seems waaaay too different from the relationship of Taek x Deoksun. All clues may point to Taek but imo I can't imagine them bickering or Taek becoming indifferent and just his overall personality changing. Junghwan and Deoksun mesh better and seems like the couple that faces hardships together opposed to the cutesy couple of Taek and Deoksun.

I agree with you

My POV for the recent two episodes.. 

Remember the key is in DS feelings and I think DS already knew what her heart wants/likes.. It becomes clearer in ep 16,17 and 18.. her eyes, smile, acts towards TK is different even without anyone tell her about his feelings.. No matter the kiss is dream or not, it obvious she sees TK differently after her talk with DR and after TK said that he likes someone.. Call me delusional, I don't care, I just follow the story..

I also don't think the writer change her story just because PBG popularity, isn't RHY popularity increase since R88 and many people root for him than TK in this forum and other threads..the clues and the signs are already from early episodes (again IMO) (you can see the details in PBG-Hyeri shippers paradise)

regarding the comparison between YJ in R97 and JH in R88.. 

1. In R97 the confession happen before the time jump.. And SW didn't know how she feels before the time jump.. During the confession she listen to him carefully and sad after that

2. R88 JH confession happen after time jump.. If the next two episode we're going to have another time jump then maybe he still has a chance..DS reaction is calm and she can't stop stare on the door which mean she was distracted.. DS already knew what her heart wants, before and after the time jump just like NJ in R94, so no matter how beautiful JH confession, he can't change her

but again I'm just a viewer so I can be wrong.. This is only my personal view.. Let's enjoy our time before this drama over

Archived