[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

I died watching JH pour his heart out in that confession but then I came back to life just to die again at how they turned it into a joke!!!!! I wanted to throw something at the screen! I wanted to smack JH to take it back (the confession being a joke) and shake DS for her to come to her senses so that she would believe that it's true! The feels of JH's confession!!!

I hope DS realizes that the confession was true. Hey, he couldn't possibly remembered all those instances in perfect detail if she wasn't special to him!

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand if some of JH-DS shippers downplays TK character in this moment since they feel like DS is being pushed to TK, its unfavorable episode to them.

This circumstances is inevitable in shipping things, I can even see a lot of TK-DS who downplays JH character when the episodes is unfavorable for them

For me, let's just understand the sentiments of all the viewers, whether it is JH-DS or TK-DS shippers. 

Yep RHY seems to have a tribute post for every character in Reply 1988 :( so far she posted her picture with everyone in her family, DS's two friends, Jinjoo, and Miran.. I'm hoping her last saranghe tag will be with GKP (Sunwoo) hehehehhehehehe :blush:

One week to go and i'm so gonna miss this cast sooo much...This series hit me harder than the last 2,all i wish is that after this drama ends many of the actors who weren't that known to the large media/fans will not dissaper or go on movieland and make soon a comeback with a good script in another drama...i really really want to see Ryu Joonyeol again in a drama,maybe not as a lead as i know not many will bet for him as main because he isin't the flowerboy type that they mostly like(and we know koreans are obbsesed with beauty),or broadcasters think will bring the fans but even so i want him again as a leading man, Go Gyung Po,Ryu Hye Young,Ah Jae Hong...Hope tvN will give them more love calls for future projects,good ones..I'm not worried for Park Bo Gum because i know he'll be in demand and till now has an eye for picking good scripts...tvN was always strong and earned my admiration and made me a fan of their projects on how they always give chances to uknown actors,discovering gems,choosing rookies,underrated actors in place of hallyu stars,like the BIG 3 usually do...Also how most of the time they don't meddle with the writer work,presuring the writer to alter/change their stuff for the sake of ratings or to please fans...I really hope the writer will make another series,knetizens proved to the station,the writer and the other stations as well that when it's quality and emotion they will welcome it and the ratings speak for it...

22 minutes ago, stars4u said:

I died watching JH pour his heart out in that confession but then I came back to life just to die again at how they turned it into a joke!!!!! I wanted to throw something at the screen! I wanted to smack JH to take it back (the confession being a joke) and shake DS for her to come to her senses so that she would believe that it's true! The feels of JH's confession!!!

I hope DS realizes that the confession was true. Hey, he couldn't possibly remembered all those instances in perfect detail if she wasn't special to him!

It's ok, a ton of us died too! That proposal was debak! Had everything! RJY, is the man his acting was on point and so good that ummm I'm STILL crying after how many times have I seen the proposal.

@blue_angel_1004  I'll wait for your assurance.

39 minutes ago, scout said:

I feel like everyone's watching different dramas lol. Even on DC, some JH-DS shippers gave up while others became more certain, but Taek-DS shippers also became more certain as well. The JH-pov love narrative during the drama and the background clues all point to JH as the husband (so I never doubted it until ep 17), but someone on DC showed the relationship progression (including clues from the directing) of Taek-DS during the entire drama which made a lot of sense, so that Taek seems to be the husband for sure (in addition to ep 18 really feeling like a closure episode for JH-DS). So now I'm just confused...

Hi @scout is it possible to link to that?

Guest princessprincess

7 minutes ago, Kelly86 said:

It's ok, a ton of us died too! That proposal was debak! Had everything! RJY, is the man his acting was on point and so good that ummm I'm STILL crying after how many times have I seen the proposal.

@blue_angel_1004  I'll wait for your assurance.

I agree. I am really amazed with the cast's acting, but RJY has been totally impressive. :) Hope he gets more drama and movie offers soon.

They stated that Taek tried dating this past years but was dumped every single time after the mirage of the Genius Choi Taek was gone and they saw how he was in reality,the guys said he should work more into it yet half drunk said he tried his best already also Junghwan dated some times but looks like he dumped them,or not continued seeing them before being a serious relationship along with DR complaining him being cold and unromantic...DS as well looks like dated but as well was dumped by soon after each time,guys teasing her for it along with her saying that she was the one refusing them,dumping them,so for her most likely will be both maybe and maybe meeting the not right kind of men(like the one from ep 18 per ex.) etc....

Junghwan is endgame and this is my unbiased opinion since I like both of them and would not mind one over the other. 

Just my prediction (don't hate):

During the confession, Deoksun knows he likes her and she likes him back, since she smiled and was silent. Think of her character, if she did not like him, she would laugh it off and think he was joking. Deoksun may go back and get the ring off the table.

I also have a feeling the writers will stick Taek with the new Baduk girl player. 

Junghwan was so cute in the flashback scenes. The way he clutched his chest after giving DS the umbrella, his giddy smile looking at DS through the window.

lesson from this: if you act silently, not all will notice. Say it out, others dont know what you think or feel. Others can misinterpret your gestures. So say it out. 

Do u guys think this week's OST's release are also a hint to the story or about the characters?:frown:

One of my favorite scenes last episode was the talk between Jung Bong and JungHwan when we found out that all his dreams were actually because Hyung wanted to become but coudn't because of his heart condition and Hyung realization about it....My heart felt for them so much when Hyung told him that he wished for him to persue now something HE wants,his own desires rather than other people dreams or for the sake of making others happy and to put himself first now...i really cried during that scene,if hit that spot...Just like the one with Deok-sun ah hugging while crying when she realized in what condition and how hard Bora was working for her dream...Also a older scene that made me really cry was Taek and Dad scene when he wanted his son permission to have a partner in Sunwoo Mom...Of course there are many more scenes but this are the ones i found myself crying out of the blue really hard...And i'm not usually the type to actually cry,or not that easy while watching dramas...but man,i cried a bucket...

Are there scenes that made u guys cry like that in the recent episodes?

Also in a more light mood(between is it just be or while watching various BTS is that Bo Gum kinda likes Hyeri,i always  see him flirting adorably with her,or is that his personality?)

I still hope Junghwa is the end game even though ep 17 destroyed the possibility. The only reason that Taek could be the husband is that the PD wanted to do a different ending than his previous work. Like the second lead getting the girl type of drama. Which don't get me wrong but Jung Hwa personality fits 1st lead and Taek seems to fit 2nd lead. Honestly before watching the drama I sort of felt like the PD would change up the ending to something we were not expecting and that something could honestly be Taek getting the girl. That was my fear before watching and it seems to be turning into a reality. Story wise everything pointed out to Jung Hwa until the last few episodes. The PD right now could go either way and I guess I'll continue to watch just to see what happens. I am preparing for a heart break though.

Episode 18 was simply DAEBAK!!!

I love everyone giving all the can in these last few episodes. Well Done!

Is this the only time JH has confessed to DS? What happenedto the scene we all don't see.. The one when everyone thought Taek was involved in the airplane accident! Everyone in the neighbourhood ran down the streets EXCEPT for JH and DS! 

What actually happen then? Probably that was the time DS knows that her heart waits for JH rather than Taek! 

And my two cents of thoughts that she kept glancing at the opening of the door at the bar, just to ensure Taeki and JH will not lose their friendship they all value so much! Dont forget that Taeki is a competitive streak!! he sets his mind on winning, he knows the move is just by attacking when the time is right. 

thank to all recaps!!  Loveyou all

4 hours ago, hushhh said:

was afraid to compete with Taek, or he was more protective of Taek's feelings than he was of DS's, he refused to give her what she clearly indicated she was interested in having.

But then again DS had taken responsibility of Taek from the get go so . . . 

He's definitely not afraid of competing with Taek. he has a weak heart for good men, that's why he wished for taek to be a jerk so he can properly showed his feeling for deoksun. Taek is a precious bestfriend for him, and if you noticed, when they were just a boy, the one who approached Taek first was Junghwan. and yeah you're right, his hesitation makes me frustated too.

Hi! I'm new here. Was a silent lurker until today. This drama is making me crazy. I want DS to end up with TK but why do I feel like she's going to end up with JH? I feel like there's going to be a twist at the end. It doesn't make sense to me that the writer tells us at ep18 that JH is giving up/moving on already, therefore making TK the husband. So I am already preparing my heart for the heart ache. T_T

Archived