Quantcast
czakhareina

[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

Guest wizengamot
2 minutes ago, dinoflagellate said:

Such eagle eyes!

i'm not the one who discovered that though heh :)

credits go to rightful owners :)

18 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

To those who need explanation -- 

reply%201988%20circle%20line_zpsj1owgsnt

Sorry, I couldn’t respond to your demands requests (?) last night.  I didn’t want to give away who the husband was even before the Episode 18 started. I didn’t want to spoil the show for you all. 

1) a picture says a thousand words.  Look at DS’ face. There’s no way you can call that smiling. Let’s not kid ourselves any longer.  She was pouting. 

2) if you don’t want to believe your eyes, then go back to the script.  Remember what she said and how she said it?

With JH, she was hurrying up the photographer. She said, “Can you just hurry up and –“ Her attitude screamed impatience as in “let’s get this over and done with.” Granted she was annoyed with him for not offering his jacket, but it wouldn’t have hurt her to fake a smile.  But she didn’t. 

With TK, she said “Darn it, I don’t look pretty today.”  That’s a really very girly thing to do: worry about your looks before posing with a guy you like.  Not only that, notice how she secretly smiled when the photographers urged her forward. She was biting her lips. And when TK tugged her to him, she had that eye-smile, or asmile that reaches her eyes, which is the most natural of smiles according to photographers. 

3) TK was wearing clothes that she had HANDPICKED.  

Cut for space.

Thanks, this is excellent.

• Like 6

Songs In Ep18 (Part 2) (Link Songs In Ep18 Part1)

Days Of Longing,Days To Be Forgotten >> Song While JH Crying Inside His Jeep

As Much As Love Scattered In The World -- Lee SeungHwan >> Song While Present DS Eating Ice Cream

When Love Passes By -- Lee MoonSae >> Song On Tape That DS Played In JH's Jeep

Empty Heart(s) -- Lee SeungHwan >> Song In JH's FlashBack

(Link Songs In Ep18 Part1)

• Like 10

Done watching raw. Seriously this is the first time I cried SO HARD watching drama. The most heartbreaking scene, when JH cries inside his car. He's indeed a hella good actor!!!! and when I saw DS and JH bickering inside JH's car, I cried even harder. No more awkward moment bcs of that richard simons pink shirt.. Perfect scene!!!!!! Flashback scenes also beautiful. OMG :') JH, I love you!!!!!!

• Like 6

@uglypearl Thank you so much ^^

Spoiler

Take notice the song JH played in Taek's room and Deok Sun played in car please. While watching it I was sure it meant to convey each other feelings and I was a bit afraid. But sigh... It fits perfectly DS's reaction(rejection) and JH's love ... I'm relieved 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, gangurhar said:

Jung Hwan is about to get kimchi slapped by me :angry:

At this point he is more pathetic than Chilbong 

not true.... ?

Chilbong confessed to Najung many times but well... since she loves Trash too much, she just ignores (?) him..

I mean Chilbong swoop in for a kiss... and we don't even have a reaction

Chilbong is always nice to Najung and always there for her... never avoid her etc... even challenge Trash that it's not over until it's over phrase thing.....

Chilbong is fighting a losing battle....

while Jung Hwan (for now) is retreating from the battle he could have won.....

• Like 7

Btw, is it hinting that DS's dad is getting ill? :(:( 
Also, how old are the parents relatively? When Miran look at the calendar, she's suspecting herself pregnant or menopause? :o 

• Like 5

i backtracked the episodes to make sure and i still believe

- the alley scene aka 3rd episode happened on october (i saw bora reading ds's notice from her school and asumed this)
- and olympic scene happened on september

correct me if i'm wrong but junghwan liked deoksun even before alley scene.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

Btw, is it hinting that DS's dad is getting ill? :(:( 

Yeah this is also my biggest question.... I hope not but it does seem like it!

5 minutes ago, minyeonhan said:

i backtracked the episodes to make sure and i still believe

- the alley scene aka 3rd episode happened on october (i saw bora reading ds's notice from her school and asumed this)
- and olympic scene happened on september

correct me if i'm wrong but junghwan liked deoksun even before alley scene.

Yes that is what I gathered too. Though I had an idea it might be going in that direction already yesterday, with JH's diary full of DS...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, stervamerzkaya0 said:

I feel so sorry for SW and DR, can you imagine getting caught up in this situation? Out of nowhere your best friend is confessing his life-long crush on another best friend, and all you can do is just sit there, shocked and unable to leave or say anything. I got more second-hand embarrassment from watching them fidgeting in their seats than from DR's football field mishap. How unromantic of me to notice that instead of JH's confession. I am still on the fence about it. On one hand I it was gutsy and awesome, on another hand I hate that he turned it into a joke. I can only hope that DS realises that he was not lying.

I was a bit sad that even Sunwoo at the end didn't see through his lies that what he said whas true and not a joke like he made it seem to end it...I think Sunwoo and DR were soooo shocked and maybe Sunwoo was thinking about this sudden situation while listening after all the time he knew Taek liked DS and even rooted openly for him in front of JungHwan...Maybe both didn't linger on the whole situation as it was already out of the blue and more complicated to bring it there but still,i kinda wanted both guys to realize he wasn't joking in the least...

Knowing JungHwan more than sure he went for it at last getting the courage and said all he wanted and after used DR to get out of it and make as a joke and not burden DS and all the others there...JH always puts himself last,as long as the others are happy...I guess he wanted some kind of closure(peace of mind to at least saying his feelings) and not to feel any longer remorse for what could or not because of it,that's how i saw it...

On the other hand even if it's JH, who confess like that,in those details,actions while telling and using words like "I Like You,I LOVE YOU" even more someone as JungHwan...I don't see him the type to toss those words,even as a joke,even with long time friends,if he DIDN'T MEAN IT...

@uglypearl  Do u also happen to know  the song that they used in episode 17 when the Dads were talking about their children and their dreams(Taek Dad about his son not resembling him etc.) after Deok-sun-ah was talking with Dad about the same subject on the staircase that night...it's a song used before,mostly in emotional scenes but don't know who the artits/song is..i really want to find it

• Like 5

I actually like the recent episodes and developments. The confession was beautiful IMO, it gave an insight to how long Jung Hwan has liked Duk Seon. Him saying I love you took courage and maturity on his part I think, coming to terms with his feelings for her. Also a lot of people seem put off by the whole joke thing but I thought it was a good way to break up the air after such a confession, the writer handled it pretty realistically. Regardless the girl got the message and we've been left hanging so it's too early to jump to conclusions.

I actually really like the last few minutes, I felt it was a beautiful way of showing us how a teenage boy's(now a man) long crush has now grown to love. Well here's hoping he's the husband (although I don't doubt that one bit LOL) and hopefully next week we'll get more insight into Duk Seon's side of the story.

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Yes that is what I gathered too. Though I had an idea it might be going in that direction already yesterday, with JH's diary full of DS...

that's true, junghwan's mind has been so full of deoksun even before all of these

30 minutes ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

Btw, regarding the kiss in Episode 17...

Hide contents

I don't think that was a dream, you guys! That happened for real too~~

Could you share why you think so please? Sorry haven't seen the whole Episode 18, not sure where this clue is...

• Like 1

About the jacket guys lol

It is legit a brand of clothes, called parajumper.

7820_02202_pjs_007_02.jpg

It is a common brand that everyone can buy and wear it.

Then compare to SK air force logo. Look at his emblem. That's the real logo.

CYTDd2zUMAAJoCB.jpg

CYTDThZUAAAUknG.jpg

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

Knwoing JungHwan more than sure he went for it at last getting the courage and said all he wanted and after used DS  to get out of it and make as a joke and not burden DS and all the others there...JH always puts himself last,as long as the others are happy...I guess he wanted some kind of closure and not to feel any longer remorse for what could or not because of it,that's how i saw it...

On the other hand even if it's JH who confess like that,in those details,actions while telling and using words like "I Like You,I LOVE YOU" even more someone as JungHwan...I don't see him the type to toss those words,even as a joe,even with long time friends,if he DIDN'T MEAN IT...

This is so on point. This was one of the biggest development I've seen on Junghwan's part. Whether it leads him to happy or sad ending that scene was essential. Let's not disregard his intention and courage. We are watching Junghwan's pov  since ep1 and with flashbacks we can now see how serious his struggle was. I've already said this he already loved Deok Sun unconsciously and after alley scene he decided to take responsibility for his feelings. But once insecurities kicked in he retreated. It was like watching  never ending withdrawal syndrome to me so I'm glad he accepted the fact that he felt remorse and cried over his hesitation all along. Once subtitles out you will know it was not regression but resolution closure for his arc. 

• Like 11

Blue... I have been waiting /hoping/ anticipating to see  your thoughts on the episode

thoughts on DS  reaction of JH confession .. Why did she keep looking at the door

15 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

This is so on point. This was one of the biggest development I've seen on Junghwan's part. Whether it leads him to happy or sad ending that scene was essential. Let's not disregard his intention and courage. We are watching Junghwan's pov  since ep1 and with flashbacks we can now see how serious his struggle was. I've already said this he already loved Deok Sun unconsciously and after alley scene he decided to take responsibility for his feelings. But once insecurities kicked in he retreated. It was like watching  never ending withdrawal syndrome to me so I'm glad he accepted the fact that he felt remorse and cried over his hesitation all along. Once subtitles out you will know it was not regression but resolution closure for his arc. 

i thought his consideration of friendship was the one that made him backing out instead of insecurities?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, eylrx said:

Blue... I have been waiting /hoping/ anticipating to see  your thoughts on the episode

thoughts on DS  reaction of JH confession .. Why did she keep looking at the door

Sorry for the intrusion :blush:  

She was waiting for Taek to arrive and every time she was hearing the ring bell on the door she would look at the entrance anticipating for him...JH realized/saw that as well...I think DS understood deep down he wasn't lying but her toughts at least as i saw it were right after still on the wherabouts of Taek...Also if we see the ring was let there on the restaurant table,no one took it in the end,not even DR...

By the way about the Future Husband Jacket,is that logo some type of exclusive jacket type etc or anyone can buy it...I mean we saw the logo and how it can connect JH but still,there is also the chance the person can buy it without menaing anything the logo for them(with this PD knwoing many times he's a troll i just can't take without slightly asking myself)...i was more curious about their low voice conversation rather than the jacket...can anyone translate that part pretty please...

• Like 3