Quantcast
czakhareina

[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mama Kim is looking at the calendar furiously.

Is this a prediction that JH and JB are going to have a dongsaeng soon?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Nikkaquarian said:

Ever since i figured out the obvious that theyre being interviewed in the future instead of having a reunion gave me a clear idea that this time, the famous underdog will win. Looking at JH's profession, a military pilot and ds, a commercial flight attendant, i dont think that'll be big enough of a story for them to be interviewed. I love how the writer had steered a different route, it shows she doesn't just use one formula onto the next. This episode gave us a decent closure of Jh's first love, atleast to me that is. It's close to reality and bittersweet as is (and i know i keep repeating myself and i'll stop now lol) Taek and DS to me seem more like soulmates, they understand each other deeper than attraction, and their friendship is what they base their relationship upon.

2 Episodes left, let's see. 

in most art the rule of three is as follows

"A" set the form, "B" confirms the form/pattern--it repeats it, "C" improvises on the form/pattern--it changes it.

That is the expectation. 

Taek is not confirmed, but when everyone was using the parallels to the past series to confirm JH as the husband I had my fingers crossed that this installment would be an improvisation in the established form/pattern.

"D" is up for grabs.  

• Like 6

I will be trying not to make myself so biased, at first I watch this drama because I think it would be different. I would like to recommend this to friends of mine too!

I exactly remember that Shin Won Ho that punk would like to make family drama with no-loveline around the casts (which i love even more because JUST GO FIND YOUR SOULMATE OUT THERE) but since kdrama is majority about love and kiss and confession and marry a chaebol, he considered to make this one.

I watch 50+ family drama which is aired everyday on my television and no-loveline drama like School 2013 and I found that this drama is so interesting. The main story itself is touching and related to my daily life until the the theory and fanwar appeared. I didnt say your theories bad or not, it just makes no sense to me. Can we just watch it................ calmly? are you Lee Woo Jung?

Sorry, no offense.

• Like 6

People blaming the writer are Pathetic, yes I said it and I don't regret it. Why blame the writer for it? Just because you didn't get what you wanted, it means they get the flack? Its the writers story. 

Making up comments and stuffs is just so funny to me. What makes a writer Good? Being able to make your audience to connect to your made up characters in the way that you want or imagined and the reply writer has done just that. Even with the previous season(R'94 especially),it still didnt stop viewers from watching R'88. Yes, writers opinions can change/sway in the way of the public but it takes away the goal the writer has already set before time. 

It saddens me when writers get flacks for their own characters. If this was a Novel/book maybe everyone will accept it but sadly its not. #Lesigh

2 episodes left. Anything can happen. I'm happy with this show(unlike '94).

• Like 18

21 minutes ago, fnkrm said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mama Kim is looking at the calendar furiously.

Is this a prediction that JH and JB are going to have a dongsaeng soon?

I have a same question too!! Did she miss her period? Pregnant or menopause?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, melissala said:

DS looking at the door after JH confessed is killer, even if he said it wasn't serious she should have been more moved.   Makes me doubt everything.  Her reaction in general wasn't good.  That's now how you treat your main love interest.  Next week will be a mess.. 

Edited by 2choi

I'm starting to think that JH was testing DS confessing, like expecting a reaction from DS... But she keeps looking at the door :(((((

• Like 4

A lot are saying that Taek was the first to show up and so did chilbong , taek was the first to kiss and so did chilbong on and on...

let's stop the chilbong comparison, being famous talents are the only the things they have in common. Najung had her heart set towards trash in the beginning, there was never any scene where she looked at chilbong as a man or she couldnt sleep at night because of him. Unlike in 88', Deoksun's heart seems to going from one place to another that none of us are completely to certain to where it sets. 

Coherence does not go along with conclusion, just because he's somehow paralleled with chilbong's situation doesn't mean he'd end up like him.

• Like 16

hi guys i've been a silent reader all this time but after watched tonight's teary episode i just want to share my opinion :) 

so, i just googled through reply 1997 and found that the title of R97 last episode is "Why First Loves Don't Work Out" and was thinking that maybe it has a little relation to tonight's episode where people assuming that JH gave up on DS, his first love. 

but i don't get why they titled it like that because yoonjae clearly married to shiwon, his first love. but once i saw that title it gives me a new light that maybe things will work out between JH and DS. what saddens me is how can the production team put things on the right track without rushing considering only 2 eps left :bawling:

view.php?pic=2u9h2lz&s=9#.VpEubIRUSSM

Edited by jnghwn

I'm going to miss this show. I thought it was so very real and I loved all the characters so much.

It's sad what happened to Junghwan, but at the same time very realistic. Sometimes, no matter how sweet the moments we have with someone, no matter how much we pine for them and daydream, things just don't work out. That's life. Junghwan was a very sympathetic character with many lovable faults and attributes, and I'm sorry things didn't work out with his first love. I hope he finds happiness, though. He's a wonderful person.

One thing I really loved was so many symbolic references to Ying and Yang. Ying and Yang really do embody Deoksun and Taek perfectly, haha. If you think back to, even the first episode, the writers seemingly highlighted certain scenes and aspects, and those are now being brought up in the future scenes. The writers are so meticulous. I have been #TeamWriters since "Because God could not be everywhere at once, he created mothers."

@packmule3 I always love your analysis. You really do ship script x writers.

• Like 10

Guest juniorette

I still think JH is the end game, even I will be happy if I'm wrong. I cannot imagine the writer NOT adding another twist.

42 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Incorrect. I got the translation from DramaBEANS. :D She does speak Korean as far as I know. Or have I been mistaken?

And you don't understand what I'm saying. Read my post again.

The beauty of predictions and horoscopes is that they can be understood any which way the listener wants.  Strict translation does NOT limit the interpretations of the prophecy. You don't have to be a purist in THIS CASE.   

For instance, if a great soothsayer tells me to "MAKE SMALL THINGS COUNT" or I lose all my blonde hair, I can take it to mean --

a. work pro bono,

b. write posts with 10000 words on soompi, 

c. sip Starbucks every morning and limoncello after dinner with my husband, or

d. TEACH MIDGETS MATH. lol.

Do you understand? 

The thee predictions came true. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but Dramabeans doesn't translate actual dialogue but summarizes and paraphrases them, at least in the case of what the shaman said about the second son, which is what we're nitpicking about right now.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/12/answer-me-1988-episode-11/

Anyway, I concede defeat. You are absolutely correct and will forever be correct.

(Lesson learned: Don't mess with cranky ladies online.)

• Like 6

Hai... its my first comment... i am very enjoy this drama, this cast, passion this viewer but its not just simple case. At the first drama aired PDnim said there isn't reason to guess whom deoksun's husband. Its so sad if fan ship get war. This main story in this drama for whole episode its just Junghwan and Deoksun main cast, this drama show how junghwan care, love deoksun and how deoksun care to Junghwan, disepointed from his fake confession.  but  it just turn sad ending, (for team junghwan) until the new episode. But still get 2 ep so... lets enjoy this drama happily

• Like 1

there's no win or defeat in this thread, it's just a matter of different opinion. chill.

on a side note, where can i find a man like DR? i am a TK-DS shipper but if i have to choose my ideal type of husband, i would definitely choose DR, he's soooo fun and adorable. life would be so much easier with him by my side :wub:

• Like 8

3 hours ago, 120daysafter said:

Me while trying to be nice at the writer vs After hearing that the confession is just a joke. 

hahahaha can u tell me what thats about? KSH face become like that, Im curious. PBG tease her?

Oh come on, guys. This is not DSxJH or DSxTK ship thread so please do not blame writer-nim's script/story plot scenario just because DS do not will end up with your ship. Please look this episode together into the whole story. It's all about family and friendship, and a lil romance. You should remeber that. And anyway just to remind you, that from Reply 1997-1994 actually the evidences about the husband are always clear though : it is inside the female reaction and her heart. If you watch it carefully, you will notice that PD-nim and Writer-nim never have any intention to troll us like change the hisband candidate in the midlle of story: they already set this up from the beginning so thats why they know they will finish by 20 episodes.

so just sit back and wait for another 6days, we will have our last week of amazing days when this drama aired libe and us bickering.

Applause to PD-nim, Writer-nim, the crews, and the casts!

• Like 17

OMG...i'm crying a river right now....uri Junghwan...:bawling: . The scene where Deoksun turn from the door sound really break my heart.

Did you guys notice that Junghwan started to like Deoksun earlier. Because up until now everyone note that Junghwan start to like Deoksun after the alley scene in ep 3 but ep 18 highlight that Junghwan already like Deoksun since ep 1 from the scene where Deoksun practicing pocket girl wearing white hanbok. Junghwan already start peeking on her after teasing her.....  OMG.....cry another river  :tears:

I don't wanna guess anymore. From now on its purely depend on Shin PD. Who he like more, Taek or Junghwan since every scene seem equal between Taek and Junghwan now. 

BUT>>>>Its not over until its over...TEAM JUNGHWAN FOREVER

• Like 8