[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, izuza said:

I keep replaying the bittersweet confession & I just can't ignore this one question that popped in my head. What is the brand of DS's lipstick? The colour is so nice...

just watched the clip. the lip colour sure is nice. kindly share if you get to know the brand. kekekeke

i love reply 1988.. this is the best out of the reply series so far.

i've been on #teamtaek since day 1 but i HATE it when teamtaek and teamjunghwan start to fight. isn't shipping supposed to be fun? why do we have to fight against each other? sigh :( i love junghwan too honestly even if i'm on #teamtaek and it hurts to see both team fighting against each other. please try to respect each other's ships and opinions. and also please don't insult taekkie or jungpal since it will upset each other, too :sweatingbullets:

anyways, let's have another 6 days of torture and waiting. :bawling: (and 3 days for the subs to go out hehe). whoever the husband is, i'll be happy and accept him as long as it is not rushed and has good developments. I know that the writers aren't that dumb to do that, right? 

Just now, heyyyitsgs20 said:

i love reply 1988.. this is the best out of the reply series so far.

i've been on #teamtaek since day 1 but i HATE it when teamtaek and teamjunghwan start to fight. isn't shipping supposed to be fun? why do we have to fight against each other? sigh :( i love junghwan too honestly even if i'm on #teamtaek and it hurts to see both team fighting against each other. please try to respect each other's ships and opinions. and also please don't insult taekkie or jungpal since it will upset each other, too :sweatingbullets:

anyways, let's have another 6 days of torture and waiting. :bawling: (and 3 days for the subs to go out hehe). whoever the husband is, i'll be happy and accept him as long as it is not rushed and has good developments. I know that the writers aren't that dumb to do that, right? 

The fights for Reply 1988 are nothing in front of the pandemonium in The Producers fandom...the fights between the ships there was horrid 

But yea fighting for each team isn't going to make anyone win. They have already picked the husband. We just have to enjoy the ride and respect their choice.

It feels kind of mean to scold people who are broken-hearted from loving the wrong guy or rooting for the wrong team.

It some of us didn't fall for the wrong guy then the writer would have done a poor job.

Art's work is to open conscienceness, make you fall in love, rip your heart out, and sometimes heal it.

If we succumb and are in pain, don't whip us for being foolish. 

We are doing what we are meant to do.

I am still a Taekie, been one from the start; I'm used to choosing incorrectly so I'm not convince that Taek gets the girl. In my eyes he got her a long time ago but I can't feel confident because I'm not writing this show.

So although it seems my leaky canoe might not be as leaky as I thought I won't feel comfortable until the end of twenty.

Incorrect. I got the translation from DramaBEANS. :D She does speak Korean as far as I know. Or have I been mistaken?

And you don't understand what I'm saying. Read my post again.

The beauty of predictions and horoscopes is that they can be understood any which way the listener wants.  Strict translation does NOT limit the interpretations of the prophecy. You don't have to be a purist in THIS CASE.   

For instance, if a great soothsayer tells me to "MAKE SMALL THINGS COUNT" or I lose all my blonde hair, I can take it to mean --

a. work pro bono,

b. write posts with 10000 words on soompi, 

c. sip Starbucks every morning and limoncello after dinner with my husband, or

d. TEACH MIDGETS MATH. lol.

Do you understand? 

The thee predictions came true. 

58 minutes ago, brose_stv said:

@packmule3

I'm not disagreeing with you and agree with you on many things, not to mention I enjoy reading your posts, but please don't put too much confidence in the DramaFever English translations. The English subtitles allow the shaman's statement to be open to alternate interpretations but in colloquial Korean her statement simply means "You don't have to worry about him [the second son]" and is a very common expression.

1 minute ago, gangurhar said:

The fights for Reply 1988 are nothing in front of the pandemonium in The Producers fandom...the fights between the ships there was horrid 

But yea fighting for each team isn't going to make anyone win. They have already picked the husband. We just have to enjoy the ride and respect their choice.

all in all, i hate it when ships fight; they're so horrible and sad :(

can't we just unite and agree that we love reply 1988 despite the husband hunting? all those lessons and touching scenes about friendship and family :) 

right now, the leading one to be the husband is our choi taek 9 (i'm on team taek tbh hehe :wub:) with all those clues and even if junghwan turns out to be the husband in the end with a huge richard simmons plot twist, let's just enjoy the ride and respect their choice. :D

1 hour ago, Nikkaquarian said:

Ever since i figured out the obvious that theyre being interviewed in the future instead of having a reunion gave me a clear idea that this time, the famous underdog will win. Looking at JH's profession, a military pilot and ds, a commercial flight attendant, i dont think that'll be big enough of a story for them to be interviewed. I love how the writer had steered a different route, it shows she doesn't just use one formula onto the next. This episode gave us a decent closure of Jh's first love, atleast to me that is. It's close to reality and bittersweet as is (and i know i keep repeating myself and i'll stop now lol) Taek and DS to me seem more like soulmates, they understand each other deeper than attraction, and their friendship is what they base their relationship upon.

2 Episodes left, let's see. 

in most art the rule of three is as follows

"A" set the form, "B" confirms the form/pattern--it repeats it, "C" improvises on the form/pattern--it changes it.

That is the expectation. 

Taek is not confirmed, but when everyone was using the parallels to the past series to confirm JH as the husband I had my fingers crossed that this installment would be an improvisation in the established form/pattern.

"D" is up for grabs.  

I will be trying not to make myself so biased, at first I watch this drama because I think it would be different. I would like to recommend this to friends of mine too!

I exactly remember that Shin Won Ho that punk would like to make family drama with no-loveline around the casts (which i love even more because JUST GO FIND YOUR SOULMATE OUT THERE) but since kdrama is majority about love and kiss and confession and marry a chaebol, he considered to make this one.

I watch 50+ family drama which is aired everyday on my television and no-loveline drama like School 2013 and I found that this drama is so interesting. The main story itself is touching and related to my daily life until the the theory and fanwar appeared. I didnt say your theories bad or not, it just makes no sense to me. Can we just watch it................ calmly? are you Lee Woo Jung?

Sorry, no offense.

People blaming the writer are Pathetic, yes I said it and I don't regret it. Why blame the writer for it? Just because you didn't get what you wanted, it means they get the flack? Its the writers story. 

Making up comments and stuffs is just so funny to me. What makes a writer Good? Being able to make your audience to connect to your made up characters in the way that you want or imagined and the reply writer has done just that. Even with the previous season(R'94 especially),it still didnt stop viewers from watching R'88. Yes, writers opinions can change/sway in the way of the public but it takes away the goal the writer has already set before time. 

It saddens me when writers get flacks for their own characters. If this was a Novel/book maybe everyone will accept it but sadly its not. #Lesigh

2 episodes left. Anything can happen. I'm happy with this show(unlike '94).

Archived