Quantcast
Jump to content
czakhareina

[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, thekdramafeels said:

Why is there no sub yet? Huhu.. Patiently waiting for more than 12 hrs already:bawling:

 

Subs do not come out until Monday around 6PM EST in America on Drama Fever

Your best bet is to pull up the recap on Dramabeans tomorrow and watch the raw while reading it.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, packmule3 said:

On DS and her "spiritual" father. 

-

You know, @sheza, shippers squabble over meaning of dolls, colors and whatever, but they miss important clues like this. I told people to watch the camera shots. Why do you think the director would include these shots, these details in the script? For nonsense? These viewfinder shots were deliberate and intentional.  Three diagonals, what diagonals?  I'm not making the connnection. one horizontal?I must not be looking at the right thing because all I'm seeing are 4 horizontal pictures????. Isn’t the meaning clear?  NO IT ISn't.  TELL ME. I WANT TO KNOW!! Please tell me the obvious!

Wait?  Are you talking about three of the exposure reading being displayed vertically on the side and JH's camera's reading being horizontal? What does that mean. the unknown lovers lovers shutter speed in on the side, as is Taek's but then so it the concierge and Taek's. What does that mean.  As you saying the the horizontal display signifies JH's relationship as different from the Lovers or from the concierge?

More please.

Thanks for your insightful and specific analysis.

I must admit your rhetorical questions had a habit of making me feel stupid. -- pretty please provide the answers to the rhetorical questions thereby making them less rhetorical. 

I love your posts, but the word obvious is a little intimidating, it shuts down discussion, and leaves those who don't readily make connection trembling with fear that their inabilty to keep up will be discovered.

I'm looking forward to your sweater theory.  

Looking at the pictures side by side it reminds me that JH refused to surrender this jacket to DS, and DS didn't even ask Taekie for his sweater she just took it and wore it assuming it would be okay. And it was okay. Taekie said she looked pretty-wearing his clothes. That is something lovers might do after being away on a trip together.

I heart belongs to Taek but----I'm always wrong. JH is the husband.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seriously starting to think that th husband I is DR. HE said he can hear everything. Like  Taek and JH took too long in the end and lost there chance. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, whats the point of getting the name changed? They dont call her Sooyeon anymore. I will be extremely mad if Junghwan doesnt confess for today's episode because I am sure he will! Maybe we will get complicated because both guys will confess at the same time. 

Thank God Noeul is getting handsomer, he didnt pass the last audition or what? However, he still manages to become a singer.

What kind of a lucky that Jungbong had back at 1989 actually? The fortuneteller only got right when it came to Sunwoo's Mom and Junghwan. I will be happy to see Jungbong and Man Ok reunite in the college!!! Sunwoo and Bora will be doing fine but I dont expect them reunite for today's episode.

Finally, for my lovely Doryong, I still cant move on from my last prediction that he will be Yoo Jae Suk in the future. Jae Suk was also a fashionista back at his young days. I will be too greedy wanting Jae Suk to be on the show but at least we can have all the old casts laughing watching him on tv right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Thanks for your insightful and specific analysis.

I must admit your rhetorical questions had a habit of making me feel stupid. -- pretty please provide the answers to the rhetorical questions thereby making them less rhetorical. 

I love your posts, but the word obvious is a little intimidating, shuts down discussion, and leaves those who don't readily make connection trembling with fear that their inabilty to keep up will be discovered.

I'm looking forward to your sweater theory.  

Looking at the pictures side by side it reminds me that JH refused to surrender this jacket to DS, and DS didn't even ask Taekie for his sweater she just took it and wore it assuming it would be okay. And it was okay. Taekie said she looked pretty-wearing his clothes. That is something lovers might do after being away on a trip together.

I heart belongs to Taek but----I'm always wrong. JH is the husband.

 

 

Ok so I got what was meant with the horizontal and diagonal thing. (Look at the pictures of the photo being taken, if u look carefully at the center of the pictures being taken, u know the focus thing that positions and clarifies when u take a picture? Its present here too, so there is a focus circle in all frames of the picture being taken. boyfriend and girlfriends focus is diagonal, pic taken of TK with fan is diagonal and TK/DS picture being taken is diagonal. The picture of JH/DS is horizontal though.

Im just not to sure what it all means is all lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest princessprincess
11 minutes ago, drynase said:

Seriously, whats the point of getting the name changed? They dont call her Sooyeon anymore. I will be extremely mad if Junghwan doesnt confess for today's episode because I am sure he will! Maybe we will get complicated because both guys will confess at the same time. 

Thank God Noeul is getting handsomer, he didnt pass the last audition or what? However, he still manages to become a singer.

What kind of a lucky that Jungbong had back at 1989 actually? The fortuneteller only got right when it came to Sunwoo's Mom and Junghwan. I will be happy to see Jungbong and Man Ok reunite in the college!!! Sunwoo and Bora will be doing fine but I dont expect them reunite for today's episode.

Finally, for my lovely Doryong, I still cant move on from my last prediction that he will be Yoo Jae Suk in the future. Jae Suk was also a fashionista back at his young days. I will be too greedy wanting Jae Suk to be on the show but at least we can have all the old casts laughing watching him on tv right?

 

On the contrary, I have a pretty strong feeling that if JH confesses his feelings for DS (without JH mentioning that TK also likes DS) at tonight's episode then DS will end up with TK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JCgirl 001 said:

Ok so I got what was meant with the horizontal and diagonal thing. (Look at the pictures of the photo being taken, if u look carefully at the center of the pictures being taken, u know the focus thing that positions and clarifies when u take a picture? Its present here too, so there is a focus circle in all frames of the picture being taken. boyfriend and girlfriends focus is diagonal, pic taken of TK with fan is diagonal and TK/DS picture being taken is diagonal. The picture of JH/DS is horizontal though.

Im just not to sure what it all means is all lol

Thanks.

It was very hard to see, but I finally did.

What it means is too cryptic for me to decipher.

Only JH and DS

are equals?

That Taek and DS have the same orientation at the lovers, but then so does the fan and Taek.

I'll just have to wait for an answer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Thanks.

It was very hard to see, but I finally did.

What it means is too cryptic for me to decipher.

Only JH and DG are equals?

That Taek and DS have the same orientation at the lovers, but then so does the fan and Taek.

I'll just have to wait for an answer.

 

That detail is important because I remember seeing the behind the scene of the picture being taken where PBG and H were giggling and trying to sneak a peek of what was written on the director/writer script(because they knew it was a clue on who the husband will be) because the director was talking to the camera man on how he wants the scene done, he was very precise on what he wanted.

I guess possible meanings are:

1. couple pic- they were in love(being all lovey dovey.) ////fan pic- guy is a big fan of TK(admires him/likes him) and TK being indulgent for his fans //// DS/TK pic- they share feelings for each other? cause its diagonal like the couples in love? (go as far to say, DS starts to feel something for TK here?) potential love interest? maybe this was the tipping point?

2. DS/JH pic- stands out cause its different from the rest. Mutual feelings are shared? results in love? end result JH?

But urgh no way to be sure. would be interested in what other people think, I aint no sherlock holmes  haha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, drynase said:

What kind of a lucky that Jungbong had back at 1989 actually?

 

JB got free bag from Cheetos. lol...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JCgirl 001 said:

That detail is important because I remember seeing the behind the scene of the picture being taken where PBG and H were giggling and trying to sneak a peek of what was written on the director/writer script(because they knew it was a clue on who the husband will be) because the director was talking to the camera man on how he wants the scene done, he was very precise on what he wanted.

I guess possible meanings are:

1. couple pic- they were in love(being all lovey dovey.) ////fan pic- guy is a big fan of TK(admires him/likes him) and TK being indulgent for his fans //// DS/TK pic- they share feelings for each other? cause its diagonal like the couples in love? (go as far to say, DS starts to feel something for TK here?) potential love interest? maybe this was the tipping point?

2. DS/JH pic- stands out cause its different from the rest. Mutual feelings are shared? results in love? end result JH?

But urgh no way to be sure. would be interested in what other people think, I aint no sherlock holmes  haha

Isn't the one giggling and trying to sneak a peek on the director's script RJY and HR? And perhaps the director wants that part to be detailed because in JH-DS photo, on the bottom left corner there is a date written on it. While on TK-DS there isn't any. And if we compare it to DS and mystery husband as adults scene, DS asked how can you remember the date specifically, then the husband answered, because the date is stamped there (on the picture).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I watched the RAW. 

- DR - the kid who badly wants his mother attention. 

- mi ran n kim sajang nim lovey dovey scene. I guess they were happy coz no need to worry about the children future anymore. 

- DS learning to be matured after knowing the sister living condition

- I get it, Bora needed full concentration to study by breaking up with SW. Dont worry, if he is the one, they will be together at last - In Malay we said, "kalau jodoh xkemana" .

- Their career was exposed. Mi Ran rain JH with many kisses when he came home. :D

- After so many years, the Song family still live at the basement? I was thinking that SW rent their house to them. Let SW n Taek live as one family. Or, maybe papabear wants to give Taek privacy in their house. So, they only connected house? Did they married - sw'mom n papabear? 

- taek plays football. Yeay! Very rare bcoz he seems like someone who doesnt like to exercise.

I've read about baduk bcoz of this drama. Taek character definitely resemble the famous baduk player - the expression, the posture:D  ha ha .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JCgirl 001 said:

That detail is important because I remember seeing the behind the scene of the picture being taken where PBG and H were giggling and trying to sneak a peek of what was written on the director/writer script(because they knew it was a clue on who the husband will be) because the director was talking to the camera man on how he wants the scene done, he was very precise on what he wanted.

I guess possible meanings are:

1. couple pic- they were in love(being all lovey dovey.) ////fan pic- guy is a big fan of TK(admires him/likes him) and TK being indulgent for his fans //// DS/TK pic- they share feelings for each other? cause its diagonal like the couples in love? (go as far to say, DS starts to feel something for TK here?) potential love interest? maybe this was the tipping point?

2. DS/JH pic- stands out cause its different from the rest. Mutual feelings are shared? results in love? end result JH?

But urgh no way to be sure. would be interested in what other people think, I aint no sherlock holmes  haha

 

This analysis doesn't really sit well with me since I am a Taek+DS shipper,

but as best I can figure out if the viewfinder image is significant then the slanted guage represents and unequal balance of affection.

The fan obviouslly cares more about Taek than Taek cares about him. 

The man in the random couple seems more invested in the relationship than the woman is (maybe)--hence the surprise kiss

Therefore Taek is more into DS than she is into him.

So then it would seem that JH and DS have a balance of affection.

I certainly hope this isn't true. 

Or the slanted viewfinder means that there is excitement and anticipation in the relationship.

The random couple are happy and eager to be together

The fan is having is dream come true (but what about Taek? May be he is happy that DS is not interested in the fan)

Taek and DS are happy to be together. 

IDK.

bedtime as this is depressing me.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, bluishguitar said:

 

On the contrary, I have a pretty strong feeling that if JH confesses his feelings for DS (without JH mentioning that TK also likes DS) at tonight's episode then DS will end up with TK.

Tbh, I dont care about the husband hunt anymore so please let the girl knows the boys feelings. She need to know how cruel this world is lol. I learnt from the past episodes that climax would be appeared in the last minute so the viewers keep guessing who will be the husband. Who knows whether JH or TK is currently on relationship with a girl. 

38 minutes ago, athie_aza said:

 

JB got free bag from Cheetos. lol...

WE to the NYEOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Did you get the joke? :D

yes i get it. Are you genius.. :w00t: . always love your post very insightful. and with you I ship the script. Must hurried up to rewatch. I think i missed a lot of important thing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, hushhh said:

 

This analysis doesn't really sit well with me since I am a Taek+DS shipper,

but as best I can figure out if the viewfinder image is significant then the slanted guage represents and unequal balance of affection.

The fan obviouslly cares more about Taek than Taek cares about him. 

The man in the random couple seems more invested in the relationship than the woman is (maybe)--hence the surprise kiss

Therefore Taek is more into DS than she is into him.

So then it would seem that JH and DS have a balance of affection.

I certainly hope this isn't true. 

Or the slanted viewfinder means that there is excitement and anticipation in the relationship.

The random couple are happy and eager to be together

The fan is having is dream come true (but what about Taek? May be he is happy that DS is not interested in the fan)

Taek and DS are happy to be together. 

IDK.

bedtime as this is depressing me.

 

reply%201988%20circle%20line_zpsj1owgsnt

huh that interesting!! but to console u,  u have to also add in the lead up and the expressions of those getting there picture taken too. wasn't the episode title called 'crossing the line' ? Lets see the results of people actions when they crossed the line when taking the picture.

-the guy took a step over the line and surprised girlfriend with a kiss therfore crossing the line and the girl is still smiling

-Fan looks happy he crossed the line and was brave enough to ask for a photo with our celebrity Taekie/TK was like eh lol

-this one kind of puzzles me.. JH crossed the line and DS looks unsure/a bit uncomfortable/clasping her bag strap as she doesn't know what to do with her hands? while JH smiles? is this a good/bad thing? but there focus camera circle thing is horizontal?

-DS/TK look real happy in there pic,even when TK surprised DS and crossed the line and put his arm around her, her arms are down so shes comfortable? shes wearing TK shirt, he said she looks pretty.is she only seeing him as a friend or someone she likes being around cause shes so comfortable with him? 

could this all mean something ?!! lol I dont know anymore!! haha

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don’t wake up early on a weekend (I can sleep till noon time!) but I’m up like 8am for the past months and my first thought is “must watch c-subs”. That pulled me out of bed.  And that’s less than 8 hours after I finished the raw…

 

I have decided that up till the time jump, this drama isn’t a romance drama. It’s really about families and friendship. Any love line is just a tool used to focus on friendship and coming of age for the teens. That’s fine. I really love the relationships among friends and families. It’s what makes this drama so enjoyable.

 

How I love the story on siblings love in ep 17.  The moment when DS cried after seeing the small room and feel sorry for her sister. I can understand why they are so close when they grew up. It was a really nice moment when SW and Taek (soon to be real brothers) talked about their parents. Taek is indeed the more ‘mentally matured’ one among the group but it’s understandable that SW took a longer time to accept a new father since he has more memories of his own father than Taek of his own mother. (And a side note on their sister: grown up Jinjoo is also quite cute! She has quite a good business sense. Charging dad for plucking white hair? She can take over her father’s business in future. May do a roaring business :P )

And my favourite pair of brothers, Jung Hwan x Jung Bong.

We were told JH has different dreams over the years previously and we were given the idea that it’s due to stars and movies that he liked. And then ep 17 showed us that his dreams were always because of his beloved brother? Awww.. JH is such a sweetie. I don’t think JH dislike this dream. It’s like Sunwoo wanting to become a doctor because of his mom even though he doesn’t dislike the idea (and wah, Sunwoo got full scholarship for medical school. Such a good boy!). JH just sub-consciously envelopes JB’s dream which showed how much he loves his hyung. And we already know when he said aloud that he likes his brother when his friends thought he is unfortunate to have JB as a brother. He really sincerely thought so. *double awww*

And JB making use of the rare shooting star to make a wish for his brother? Please be siblings again in next life!

 

As for the parents…. While ep 17 talks about the teens’ dreams, we were also told of the parents’ current dreams which are all related to their children. We were even shown how Dongryong’s father went out early to buy that expensive fruit for his son (I’m still a bit surprise why bananas were so expensive in Korea last time). I so love the parents in this drama. Was worried all will be moving out of the neighbourhood before the time jump but thankfully, all are still staying in the same street. Only the kids are separated cos of work but they do return when they have time. Although I guess DS family will have to move out one day since they are saving money for it?

Side note (again) on JH’s parents: I LOL at the parody on the old beanpole CF which I wouldn’t get it normally but it’s hilarious to me now because their son-lookalike has the same CF with beanpole which is based on that old CF.

 

 

Now for the love lines between DS, JH and Taek, it does get a bit frustrating for me for the past 3 weeks because the progress is too slow. But I figured the focus of the drama has never been on the love lines but the friendships. Nevertheless, husband hunt is an element of Reply series so I expect the next 3 episodes to focus more on the main love line. I said before and I said again, I really want to see WHY DS choose that ONE and I hope to see more ‘feels’ to support her choice. I don’t want her to accept anyone just because that person approaches her. I want her to choose. Up till time jump, I get the feeling that she has never really ‘fallen in love’. While I think her love towards SW is puppy love and her treatment to Taek is ‘maternity/sibling’ love, ep 17 seems to try to show us that she has grown to see Taek in a different light. Else why will she bother herself so much over Taek cancelling the movie and losing her sleep over the princess-carry part? Whether she is now interested in Taek or not, I do think the changes in her love interests are very realistic portrayal of a teens. Young girls may start to take notice of a guy when it seems that the guys are interested in her. And if a guy whom you have no romantic feeling for suddenly carries you like a princess, your heart will probably flutter and you will think over it too. I think DS character is really a very realistic portrayal of a normal teen. Not everyone has a goal at that age (I didn’t have either!)  and not everyone will experience deep love as a teen. Since she has found a career goal over the years and has achieved it, I’m interested to see what the writer has in store for her emotional growth after the time jump.

I still think the kiss with Taek is a dream because of the fuzzy picture. I can understand why, if it’s real, that DS act innocent the next morning but to jump over 5 years just like that? It’s a bit strange. But if they want to bring back that kiss as ‘real’ in future, that’s fine. I will just see how the script goes.  However as of now, I see that scene as a fan service which to me, is kind of meaningless except to show that he likes her so much that he dreams of her…

I supposed my insistence that the kiss is a dream is so that the real kiss will be between JH and DS. Sorry, biased comment here. 

Still standing on JH’s ship plane.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...is this the first time we've seen DS reaction because of a boy's action? Not just a poker face? Do you think DS is developing feelings and have this one sided crush even after the time jump? :lol:

What I really, really want to happen: JH ship will sink because he missed his chance. The timing is already there but he did not grab it and lose DS. 

#whatiwant #heartovermind #2015husbandruinsmyfantasyformytk-ds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JCgirl 001 said:

reply%201988%20circle%20line_zpsj1owgsnt

huh that interesting!! but to console u,  u have to also add in the lead up and the expressions of those getting there picture taken too. wasn't the episode title called 'crossing the line' ? Lets see the results of people actions when they crossed the line when taking the picture.

-the guy took a step over the line and surprised girlfriend with a kiss therfore crossing the line and the girl is still smiling

-Fan looks happy he crossed the line and was brave enough to ask for a photo with our celebrity Taekie/TK was like eh lol

-this one kind of puzzles me.. JH crossed the line and DS looks unsure/a bit uncomfortable/clasping her bag strap as she doesn't know what to do with her hands? while JH smiles? is this a good/bad thing? but there focus camera circle thing is horizontal?

-DS/TK look real happy in there pic,even when TK surprised DS and crossed the line and put his arm around her, her arms are down so shes comfortable? shes wearing TK shirt, he said she looks pretty.is she only seeing him as a friend or someone she likes being around cause shes so comfortable with him? 

could this all mean something ?!! lol I dont know anymore!! haha

 

The most convincing evidence offered so far is above.  I'm going to go cry me a river so that my Taekie ship can have something to float away on. 

@woss wrote, "Isn't the one giggling and trying to sneak a peek on the director's script RJY and HR? And perhaps the director wants that part to be detailed because in JH-DS photo, on the bottom left corner there is a date written on it. While on TK-DS there isn't any. And if we compare it to DS and mystery husband as adults scene, DS asked how can you remember the date specifically, then the husband answered, because the date is stamped there (on the picture)."

This makes sense to me and  it is making me quite sad. But even though my Taekie ship is now a damaged canoe, I'm gonna try and plug up the holes with the idea that, if memory serves me, the Taek-DS picture was taken by the news photographer. He would have to have printed the picture to send it to Taekie. It is possible the photographer tagged or caption the picture before sending it to Taekie out of habit. This would explain why the date was on the picture as future husband mentioned.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...