[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

2 hours ago, Vannyah M said:

Ofc i can, not a problem. Its not the point in words or what they say but in voice. Husband stod up and went for a smoke so we cant see him anymore and then he shouted 아니라고/ not. So if you listen carefully and pay attention on voice and not on words you can hear husbands voice and it doesnt sound the same as husband  who was shown few sec ago.

for me its just kim jo hyuk voice...

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kate Jolie said:

Who's the husband then?

1 hour ago, athie_aza said:

for me its just kim jo hyuk voice...

It`s RJYs voice. Anybody can call me delulu shipper I dont mind but since i`m a video and sound producer i always pay attention on sound whenever i watch something, inadvertently but out of habit. And i`ve already pointed out that I wrote that  from sound designers and sound editors point of view, but looks like people thought that i was trolling LOL:D

Just to add something: At first i thought that that was a bait just like what they did in R94 with showing the grooms back so the majority thought that Chilbong is husband. But nah since like no one noticed different voice, that was an endgame.

JB being a detective? It makes sense! He just like walking encyclopedia, knows anything that most people don't. Just like Detective Conan or Sherlock Holmes! kekeke

@carolinedl I thought in R97 there was a scene where TW giving advice about the student's future, no? 

@packmule3

Once again I love your posts!! So insightful and fun to read! Thank you so much! I will reread again after I finish work heehee 

As for JB: aren't they hinting he is a good cook... He is going to marry into the mafia and open a restaurant and make the family business legit lol

3 hours ago, Vannyah M said:

It`s RJYs voice. Anybody can call me delulu shipper I dont mind but since i`m a video and sound producer i always pay attention on sound whenever i watch something, inadvertently but out of habit. And i`ve already pointed out that I wrote that  from sound designers and sound editors point of view, but looks like people thought that i was trolling LOL:D

Just to add something: At first i thought that that was a bait just like what they did in R94 with showing the grooms back so the majority thought that Chilbong is husband. But nah since like no one noticed different voice, that was an endgame.

I agree he sounds like that when he was arguing with sunwoo that duekson is the prettiest among the uglies

A chocolate theory…

There are many possible theories -- and conspiracy theories -- as to who the intended recipient of the chocolate was.  The adult DS could have given it to somebody else off-the-screen, and there’d be a flashback to explain it. She could have totally mis-remembered the chocolate and didn’t give it at all. 

But if we simply consider the props found at the time, it’s simple.

Jinjjoo was surrounded by four items: 3 schoolbags and 1 coat jacket. There were four boys inside.

DS ignored the two schoolbags which were located right beside her but reached over Jinjjoo to where the schoolbag with the coat jacket on top, was placed on the floor.  People naturally assumed that she was placing something inside the schoolbag. 

I think there’s a misdirection there.  DS was actually going for the coat jacket. She was putting the chocolate inside the coat jacket.  

The three schoolbags belonged to the three high school boys. Only one kid didn’t have a school bag because he didn’t go to school.

TK however wore a jacket to his baduk school.  She thought that the coat jacket belonged to TK. She didn’t know that the coat jacket belonged to SW because the jacket was folded. 

Now, it’s possible that I’m wrong, and that we’re still missing a minor subplot to explain the chocolate mystery.  I’m fine with that. 

However, script-wise, I thought there was an awful lot of emphasis on jackets. Didn’t you think so? THAT alerted me that things weren’t how they seemed. 

That morning started with DS borrowing her sister’s jean jacket. Her mother warned her not to. Then, SW noticed that the jacket belonged to her sister -- we all know now that this was a clue that SW was interested in her sister. But wouldn’t it be funny, too, had DS confused HIS jacket as belonging to TK?    

Afterwards, her sister came home early unexpectedly, and she began looking for her precious jean jacket. The mother then bothered the JH’s parents for the use of their phone and she called up the boys’ school. DR’s dad got involved and so did NoEul who was tasked to tell DS about their sister’s enraged hunt.  DS ran back home past JH’s brother who was playing at a videogame store. And his videogame momentarily transformed into a racing game with DS running furiously.

This whole mad 100-yard dash to return her sister’s jacket to its rightful owner was hilarious. But I thought that the scriptwriter had placed too many details in this jacket story MERELY to emphasize that their older sister was tyrannical.  Plus, if I were the director, I wouldn’t be able to justify the cost and time of moving people and equipment to several locations…to do what? To prove that DS was in big trouble? Nope. 

I thought this Bora jacket subplot was a big flag to keep an eye on the jacket, instead of the schoolbags.

Additionally, at TK’s party, JH mentioned TK’s jacket. Remove it, he said, you look like an old man. That line was superfluous to the script – that is, unless the scriptwriter meant to have a wedding parody… lol.  For me, anytime the scriptwriter leaves such an insignificant line in, then she probably means it to be important. ~ Chekov’s gun.    

Finally, when Bora tattled about the chocolate, I thought it was a fitting revenge for DS’ borrowing her jacket… and it could be an inside joke.  For borrowing Bora’s jacket without permission, she got bad karma, that is, the chocolate she mentioned in her diary didn’t reach the intended recipient.  

[Possibly another inside joke: for borrowing TK’s pink sweater without permission, she gets good karma. Really! The girl’s got to stop borrowing things. NoEul was right when he called a thieving btich. lol]

So there you go. I’ve presented to you my chocolate theory. And it’s just one out of many theories out there regarding chocolates so nobody should bust a gut over this one. 

As I said from the beginning, I don’t ship couples. I ship scripts, and I do find this script perfectly coherent and wildly amusing.  It’s become clear to me that the scriptwriter knew from the beginning who the husband would be. If she wants to switch direction in the next couple of episodes, I’ll be fine with that too because I’m confident that she’ll make it logical and consistent with the characters as she had written them so far.  I just read what she writes.

@shooastrid do you really want a baduk analysis or a Chinese checkers one? I think these two games are indicative of the contrasting approaches the scriptwriter used in creating the characters of TK and JH. But I’m not a lit major nor a writer, so what do I know, right? 

@sheza I haven't forgotten you. I will write my perspective on JH's father and DS. Again, when you go back to the script, the hint is there. Episode 2. 

reply%201988%20daughter%20in%20law_zpsar

Deok-Sung is the daughter that JH's father wished for. The way DS and JH's father LOVE their loved ones are so identical, they could be father-and-daughter. But I'll explain more with details later. 

5 hours ago, Vannyah M said:

I was thinking that you were trolling So I dismiss your post (sorry).

But I'Ve look the video again...and it is kinda sound (or exactly sound) like RJY (the young Junghwan) !!!!! O_O

48 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

A chocolate theory…

There are many possible theories -- and conspiracy theories -- as to who the intended recipient of the chocolate was.  The adult DS could have given it to somebody else off-the-screen, and there’d be a flashback to explain it. She could have totally mis-remembered the chocolate and didn’t give it at all. 

Jinjjoo was surrounded by four items: 3 schoolbags and 1 coat jacket. There were four boys inside.

DS ignored the two schoolbags which were located right beside her but reached over Jinjjoo to where the schoolbag with the coat jacket on top, was placed on the floor.  People naturally assumed that she was placing something inside the schoolbag. 

I think there’s a misdirection there.  DS was actually going for the coat jacket. She was putting the chocolate inside the coat jacket.  

The three schoolbags belonged to the three high school boys. Only one kid didn’t have a school bag because he didn’t go to school.

TK however wore a jacket to his baduk school.  She thought that the coat jacket belonged to TK. She didn’t know that the coat jacket belonged to SW because the jacket was folded. 

Now, it’s possible that I’m wrong, and that we’re still missing a minor subplot to explain the chocolate mystery.  I’m fine with that. 

However, script-wise, I thought there was an awful lot of emphasis on jackets. Didn’t you think so? THAT alerted me that things weren’t how they seemed. 

That morning started with DS borrowing her sister’s jean jacket. Her mother warned her not to. Then, SW noticed that the jacket belonged to her sister -- we all know now that this was a clue that SW was interested in her sister. But wouldn’t it be funny, too, had DS confused HIS jacket as belonging to TK?    

Afterwards, her sister came home early unexpectedly, and she began looking for her precious jean jacket. The mother then bothered the JH’s parents for the use of their phone and she called up the boys’ school. DR’s dad got involved and so did NoEul who was tasked to tell DS about their sister’s enraged hunt.  DS ran back home past JH’s brother who was playing at a videogame store. And his videogame momentarily transformed into a racing game with DS running furiously.

This whole mad 100-yard dash to return her sister’s jacket to its rightful owner was hilarious. But I thought that the scriptwriter had placed too many details in this jacket story MERELY to emphasize that their older sister was tyrannical.  Plus, if I were the director, I wouldn’t be able to justify the cost and time of moving people and equipment to several locations…to do what? To prove that DS was in big trouble? Nope. 

I thought this Bora jacket subplot was a big flag to keep an eye on the jacket, instead of the schoolbags.

Additionally, at TK’s party, JH mentioned TK’s jacket. Remove it, he said, you look like an old man. That line was superfluous to the script – that is, unless the scriptwriter meant to have a wedding parody… lol.  For me, anytime the scriptwriter leaves such an insignificant line in, then she probably means it to be important. ~ Chekov’s gun.    

Finally, when Bora tattled about the chocolate, I thought it was a fitting revenge for DS’ borrowing her jacket… and it could be an inside joke.  For borrowing Bora’s jacket without permission, she got bad karma, that is, the chocolate she mentioned in her diary didn’t reach the intended recipient.  

[Possibly another inside joke: for borrowing TK’s pink sweater without permission, she gets good karma. Really! The girl’s got to stop borrowing things. NoEul was right when he called a thieving btich. lol]

So there you go. I’ve presented to you my chocolate theory. And it’s just one out of many theories out there regarding chocolates so nobody should bust a gut over this one. 

As I said from the beginning, I don’t ship couples. I ship scripts, and I do find this script perfectly coherent and wildly amusing.  It’s become clear to me that the scriptwriter knew from the beginning who the husband would be. If she wants to switch direction in the next couple of episodes, I’ll be fine with that too because I’m confident that she’ll make it logical and consistent with the characters as she had written them so far.  I just read what she writes.

@shooastrid do you really want a baduk analysis or a Chinese checkers one? I think these two games are indicative of the contrasting approaches the scriptwriter used in creating the characters of TK and JH. But I’m not a lit major nor a writer, so what do I know, right? 

@sheza I haven't forgotten you. I will write my perspective on JH's father and DS. Again, when you go back to the script, the hint is there. Episode 2. 

reply%201988%20daughter%20in%20law_zpsar

Deok-Sung is the daughter that JH's father wished for. The way DS and JH's father LOVE their loved ones are so identical, they could be father-and-daughter. But I'll explain more with details later. 

@packmule3 Bravo! ^________^ I'm so speechless...

Chloe-Moretz-Passionately-Clapping-Durin

I respect your attentive approach but I'm very confident person myself when it comes to sounds/voices. Even when it's high pitched Junghwan's voice deeper (or if you're talking about same line his mouth was full with ramen obviously his voice came off different no?) compared to  husband's slightly husky voice *coughs* smoking .... If you noticed Taek's actor intentionally sounds husky too but that's definitely not clue not at all. It's just good acting kudos to both actors ^^ 

1 hour ago, packmule3 said:

A chocolate theory…

i dont think DS really think that the coat jacket belonged to TK, Cuz Taekie come to the room with his white jacket, he already wear his own jacket. And if she really think that the coat jacket belonged to TK, why she just pulled him out to go to brazil dubokki without remind him about the jacket ?

Cuz she already know the jacket doesn't belong TK

I think that chocolate is belong to one of the boys who's get into school (DR, JH, SW) (the one who had a bag, I mean, but taekkie had a bag too, okay okay I'm out of my mind again), later episodes the writer bringing us to see SW likes DS with so much teasing, so we believe that SW might forgot he got the chocolate, and he is the future husband we all been waiting for. We just didn't realize that later again (I don't know which episode lol) SW is out of the game because future husband stated DS got a heartbroken from SW on a snowy day.

In that episode (ep 2), it left us with DS saying this words "aisssh, it was him, it's been almost 30 years, so I guess he forgot, he was so smart back then too". And this eliminate DR as the husband, because we all knew that DR isn't that smart, ehe.

So, it left us with the one that smart, had that school bag and really didn't get that chocolate.

Ps: I actually want to see SW reaction to the chocolate, but we didn't see that :(

The chocolate theory could be correct,because as guessed earlier,there were some minutes left intentionally in the camcorder.So we don't know when taek went out of the room,do we? Did the camcorder record any of his stills?

@packmule3 I love all your theories but this chocolate one I find it hard to get behind....

For me I think the chocolate is merely a prop device, to signify Love or crush ( AND sneaky product placement)... I think its quite obvious her first crush is Sun woo. It has appeared for Sun woo, JH and JB related scenes...  

Prior to them all going to JH's house, it looks like all the kids filed in from somewhere, which I assume is their HQ - Taekie's room... And when queried where the star of the event was, they said he went to borrow comic books for DS. She has already seen him just now, known he was wearing that white jacket. The adults even remarked how daring of her to command  ( I quote the subs ) "the almighty Taek" to run these menial tasks for her.... I find that quite telling that DS secretly LOVES to order Taek around, because he is HERS to command... His wallet of money is her's to spend, his suitcase used to contain her stuff ( ok and some of his necessities of course), his camera, his walkman lol ... "What's yours is mine' in action ! 

Coffee always appears for TK-DS scenes.... Could it be because, coffee is both sweet and bitter? But it perks you right up too! :) 

Just sharing my thoughts... I love to read more of your theories too! Thank you for spending the time and effort to write them!

p.s: The adult DS could have been in total denial mode because its not like she never lies... She already pretended she forgot that she wrestled Taek and injured him only 9 years ago ( in ep10) ... Because how can one forget something like that? In less than a decade too? She was also 9, not 5... She is just embarrassed for the reason hence she decided that she did in fact, not give her hubby the chocolate... That, and that carbon monoxide she had been inhaling... 

Archived