Quantcast
czakhareina

[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

47 minutes ago, toera said:

@carolinedl If the diploma stops JB from being a reporter he can open a detective agency.

Reveal hidden contents

Where his fighting skills will be a problem haha.

MrsSoJiSub doesn't read spoilers.:phew:

My Bong as a detective...:wub: I'm imagining him as some 1940's noir detective a la 'The Falcon Crest' and boy does he look good in my imagination (shawty can I...). I think he'd make a bad detective though because I can see him getting obessed with every little detail and taking like forever and a day to solve cases and once he does he'll let people go because of his soft heart or something LOL.

@packmule3 I find your second wedding analysis to be interesting. Taek's party I think was just a surprise party and teaching him to curse was teaching him to curse, but if what you wrote is the visual representation the writers were going for then it was a pretty clever move by them and pretty clever of you to catch that. I enjoyed that scene simply because Taek's last spot on impersonation of Deok Sun's cursing (I crack up at the little head thing he does) was spot on but still adorably funny. Now I'm wondering what other gems (if it holds meaning or not) I may be able to pick up on if I had some Korean culture background knowledge. I'm a bit sad faced at all the things I may have missed...

ETA: @ihate0ni0ns after Bora read Deok Sun's diary I too thought she would make a great novelist. That girl really has a way with words. Her diary entry was kind of vivid "as the dark night.." or something poetic and symbolic of her feelings.

• Like 10

@toera and @MrsSoJiSub I could totally see JB as a detective. He does focus on details, maybe too much. But he could also get himself out of some dangerous situations... though he is not very sawy. It could be quite comical ;) Speaking of which, I really want to see what MO's father does. Maybe he could work with him (if he is not a gangster, which I don't think he is).

@ihate0ni0ns Yes!! or a screenwriter?

Taek = badduk player, badduk professor

Bora = lawyer, judge

DS = stewardess, actress, writer

JH = pilot, doctor, PD, dancer (!)

SW = doctor, engineer, pilot

JB = entrepreneur, journalist, antiques collector, detective

DR = TV personnality, comedian, actor (?)

• Like 3

*sigh*

EDIT: thanks @packmule3 for your wonderful analysis. That scene you mentioned of "JH kicking TK", I saw it as JH's leg being "tangled by TK's bag. He was tryna free his leg from it. That's how I viewed the scene anyway. Looking forward to more of your posts. Its great to see different points of view and how it can interpreted in different ways. Keep 'em coming.

• Like 10

Dear PD-nim,

If you haven't noticed by now, we have been waiting for a kiss between DS and either JH or TK for exactly two months now. So WHEN ARE WE GETTING OUR RICHARD SIMMONS-ING KISS SCENE???????????? I've been waiting long enough to make a list of requirements. The kiss must...

1. Be as good as or better than the SW/BR makeout

2. Last for like, five minutes, at the minimum

3. Be with JH (heehee, sorry Taek fans)

4. Be as thrilling as the DS/JH stuck in the alley scene

5. And -this one's major!- not be in the last episode.

We will all die of insufficiency before then, and you won't have any fans left to watch the show. The next episodes had better deliver and meet up to our standards (those two weeks we had to wait have been two weeks too long). We're expecting a mind-blowing, awesome episode that will surprise us, make us cry, laugh, cheer, and get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. Keep up with the good work! Hwaiting!!! (We only have two days left to wait! Hwaiting for us too!!!)

Sincerely, an avid, Reply '88-deprived, whole-hearted fan

• Like 9

One thing has been nagging at me. Do you guys think all the parents are still well and alive in 2015? Do you think they all still live on the block. It will kill me if someone has died. I like to imagine the ahjumma trio has finally made it big as pop singers that frequent the retirement home and group scene. Everyone better be alive and living well or :tears: 

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

One thing has been nagging at me. Do you guys think all the parents are still well and alive in 2015? Do you think they all still live on the block. It will kill me if someone has died. I like to imagine the ahjumma trio has finally made it big as pop singers that frequent the retirement home and group scene. Everyone better be alive and living well or :tears: 

I think they'll all make it! In the official character bios, they all have a "current age" no? Unfortunately that doesn't account for remaining in Ssangmundong or the pop singer part hahaha. But I'm sure they're all well and in good health, and that's what really matters! Can't wait for the reunion in 2015/16!

• Like 10

I want to see dads in future scenes, especially Kim sajang i love his humor and dean also. Ahjumma trio will probably complain abuot their nonexistent sex life in future LOL

• Like 4

@packmule3 I looove your posts... its so refreshing to read the story with another point of view... please write more, I always anticipate ur posts!! =D =D

• Like 4

@packmule3 Again, thanks for the brilliant analysis of the two weddings.  What can I say?  Wow, just wow!  PD Shin is just a director extraordinaire.  I am now watching the show with new eyes since your last post on Taek and camera angles.  Please keep 'em coming!  

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Vannyah M said:

I want to see dads in future scenes, especially Kim sajang i love his humor and dean also. Ahjumma trio will probably complain abuot their nonexistent sex life in future LOL

LOL Cheetah MiRan never seems to have gotten enough for her husband. I wonder if it's the size or simply not know how to work what he's got...

@liteulkwin it's a relief to know they all have current ages. I always feared that we would see one if them gone in the present and that would honestly crush me. 

So happy to see this thread alive again :) 

• Like 5

@packmule3 I like how you frame your words: that us TK/DS shippers should've challenged the assumption, like we are players in front of a baduk board. :D

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

LOL Cheetah MiRan never seems to have gotten enough for her husband. I wonder if it's the size or simply not know how to work what he's got...

That is an irony of life she has the youngest husband among  ahjummas and she`s not satisfied with him ( that`s a good material for irony of life part 2 everyone expecting solution of a love triangle and we get Kim sajang and his ceetah MR *goat sound*)

• Like 5

This cf has probably been out for a while (last year, maybe?), but for those who have never seen it, there's a cf of Hyeri advertising Neoguri (Raccoon) ramen with actor Kang Haneul: 

hyeri-nongshim.jpg

80-hyeri-raccoon-ramen-cf-2.jpg

3064187938_8aeced54_7.jpg

4.gif

2626CD4E5456D73121B3DB

I want that raccoon cape now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Here's the full version with English subs: http://www.girlsdayfansubs.com/videos/80-hyeri-raccoon-ramen-cf-2

It's cute. =)

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Vannyah M said:

That is an irony of life she has the youngest husband among  ahjummas and she`s not satisfied with him ( that`s a good material for irony of life part 2 everyone expecting solution of a love triangle and we get Kim sajang and his ceetah MR *goat sound*)

Ha I had forgotten he's the youngest. I think she's just greedy LOL. Did you see the size of the sweet potato she picked up!?!! Woman, he's not a stallion LOL. With what you said, wouldn't it be amusing if the irony of life part 2 was them making the baby sibling Junghwan wants and mama Kim refused LOL. She would kill papa Kim for that. 

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Ha I had forgotten he's the youngest. I think she's just greedy LOL. Did you see the size of the sweet potato she picked up!?!! Woman, he's not a stallion LOL. With what you said, wouldn't it be amusing if the irony of life part 2 was them making the baby sibling Junghwan wants and mama Kim refused LOL. She would kill papa Kim for that. 

That would be the greatest plot reversal ever, she would kill him for sure (il hwa can give her prenatal music as gift). Size of that sweet potato was something , i choked when she held that thing straight. MR is not cheetah for nothing LOL

• Like 5

6 hours ago, natkat said:

'Reply 1988' team to go on a vacation in Phuket

Ilgan Sports - Naver: 'Reply' team to go on a 4 night 5 day vacation after the Jan 17th finale

So the date is confirmed. I should bring my mom to Phuket for her birthday celebration to celebrate her birthday. She would be so pleased that I have become so filial (becauseofadrama :phew:)

1 hour ago, liteulkwin said:

I think they'll all make it! In the official character bios, they all have a "current age" no? Unfortunately that doesn't account for remaining in Ssangmundong or the pop singer part hahaha. But I'm sure they're all well and in good health, and that's what really matters! Can't wait for the reunion in 2015/16!

Somehow I am not so keen with the 2015/2016 scenes simply because everyone will 'change face'. There will be a new set of older actors to portray the older ages. I'm not sure if they will age up the current parents cast. I guess the last 3 episodes will focus on 1994 or a year or two after since Hyeri's face must grow to become Lee Mi Yeon's face later (erm.. the change face scenario sounds scary on text :p) I like adult DS and husband but hope after the future scene in last episodes, there will be a flashback to see the younger casts again. I'm so gonna miss them! 

33 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Funny that mama Kim always complain about her unsatisfied bedroom life but yet when the young husband agreed to have a younger sibling for JH, even telling her to do it 'now' in front of the kids (:phew:), she refused him. Ha! i want a  younger sibling for JH too! Nah, actually let him get a wife and the wife can set the table for him :P (not trying to be sexist here, just trying to go along with the 80s thoughts). the wife should preferable looks like DS.. has the look of DS... has the name DS... #justmywish

Looking at the list of suggested occupations, I realised I don't have any guess but I'm really looking forward to see what PD-nim and writer-nim has in stored for them (and us).  

Thursday over here at this time zone but damn, still 2 full days of wait. Aigoo... can we also do a time jump here?

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Vannyah M said:

Husband was revealed loooong time ago. Just listen carefully. I`m writing this from sound designers and sound editors point of view ( or better point of listening). *Hint- volume up the speakers at 29 seconds listen*

i cant speak korean so i dont get it. can you explain me what it is? 

they look very good together tho, they must have been married for a long time, yet still bickering each other a lot and act like teenager :heart:

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, odiaz said:

i cant speak korean so i dont get it. can you explain me what it is? 

they look very good together tho, they must have been married for a long time, yet still bickering each other a lot and act like teenager :heart:

Ofc i can, not a problem. Its not the point in words or what they say but in voice. Husband stod up and went for a smoke so we cant see him anymore and then he shouted 아니라고/ not. So if you listen carefully and pay attention on voice and not on words you can hear husbands voice and it doesnt sound the same as husband  who was shown few sec ago.

• Like 8