[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

One thing has been nagging at me. Do you guys think all the parents are still well and alive in 2015? Do you think they all still live on the block. It will kill me if someone has died. I like to imagine the ahjumma trio has finally made it big as pop singers that frequent the retirement home and group scene. Everyone better be alive and living well or :tears: 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

One thing has been nagging at me. Do you guys think all the parents are still well and alive in 2015? Do you think they all still live on the block. It will kill me if someone has died. I like to imagine the ahjumma trio has finally made it big as pop singers that frequent the retirement home and group scene. Everyone better be alive and living well or :tears: 

I think they'll all make it! In the official character bios, they all have a "current age" no? Unfortunately that doesn't account for remaining in Ssangmundong or the pop singer part hahaha. But I'm sure they're all well and in good health, and that's what really matters! Can't wait for the reunion in 2015/16!

@packmule3 Again, thanks for the brilliant analysis of the two weddings.  What can I say?  Wow, just wow!  PD Shin is just a director extraordinaire.  I am now watching the show with new eyes since your last post on Taek and camera angles.  Please keep 'em coming!  

12 minutes ago, Vannyah M said:

I want to see dads in future scenes, especially Kim sajang i love his humor and dean also. Ahjumma trio will probably complain abuot their nonexistent sex life in future LOL

LOL Cheetah MiRan never seems to have gotten enough for her husband. I wonder if it's the size or simply not know how to work what he's got...

@liteulkwin it's a relief to know they all have current ages. I always feared that we would see one if them gone in the present and that would honestly crush me. 

So happy to see this thread alive again :) 

18 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

LOL Cheetah MiRan never seems to have gotten enough for her husband. I wonder if it's the size or simply not know how to work what he's got...

That is an irony of life she has the youngest husband among  ahjummas and she`s not satisfied with him ( that`s a good material for irony of life part 2 everyone expecting solution of a love triangle and we get Kim sajang and his ceetah MR *goat sound*)

This cf has probably been out for a while (last year, maybe?), but for those who have never seen it, there's a cf of Hyeri advertising Neoguri (Raccoon) ramen with actor Kang Haneul: 

hyeri-nongshim.jpg

80-hyeri-raccoon-ramen-cf-2.jpg

3064187938_8aeced54_7.jpg

4.gif

2626CD4E5456D73121B3DB

I want that raccoon cape now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Here's the full version with English subs: http://www.girlsdayfansubs.com/videos/80-hyeri-raccoon-ramen-cf-2

It's cute. =)

8 minutes ago, Vannyah M said:

That is an irony of life she has the youngest husband among  ahjummas and she`s not satisfied with him ( that`s a good material for irony of life part 2 everyone expecting solution of a love triangle and we get Kim sajang and his ceetah MR *goat sound*)

Ha I had forgotten he's the youngest. I think she's just greedy LOL. Did you see the size of the sweet potato she picked up!?!! Woman, he's not a stallion LOL. With what you said, wouldn't it be amusing if the irony of life part 2 was them making the baby sibling Junghwan wants and mama Kim refused LOL. She would kill papa Kim for that. 

31 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Ha I had forgotten he's the youngest. I think she's just greedy LOL. Did you see the size of the sweet potato she picked up!?!! Woman, he's not a stallion LOL. With what you said, wouldn't it be amusing if the irony of life part 2 was them making the baby sibling Junghwan wants and mama Kim refused LOL. She would kill papa Kim for that. 

That would be the greatest plot reversal ever, she would kill him for sure (il hwa can give her prenatal music as gift). Size of that sweet potato was something , i choked when she held that thing straight. MR is not cheetah for nothing LOL

6 hours ago, natkat said:

'Reply 1988' team to go on a vacation in Phuket

Ilgan Sports - Naver: 'Reply' team to go on a 4 night 5 day vacation after the Jan 17th finale

So the date is confirmed. I should bring my mom to Phuket for her birthday celebration to celebrate her birthday. She would be so pleased that I have become so filial (becauseofadrama :phew:)

1 hour ago, liteulkwin said:

I think they'll all make it! In the official character bios, they all have a "current age" no? Unfortunately that doesn't account for remaining in Ssangmundong or the pop singer part hahaha. But I'm sure they're all well and in good health, and that's what really matters! Can't wait for the reunion in 2015/16!

Somehow I am not so keen with the 2015/2016 scenes simply because everyone will 'change face'. There will be a new set of older actors to portray the older ages. I'm not sure if they will age up the current parents cast. I guess the last 3 episodes will focus on 1994 or a year or two after since Hyeri's face must grow to become Lee Mi Yeon's face later (erm.. the change face scenario sounds scary on text :p) I like adult DS and husband but hope after the future scene in last episodes, there will be a flashback to see the younger casts again. I'm so gonna miss them! 

33 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Funny that mama Kim always complain about her unsatisfied bedroom life but yet when the young husband agreed to have a younger sibling for JH, even telling her to do it 'now' in front of the kids (:phew:), she refused him. Ha! i want a  younger sibling for JH too! Nah, actually let him get a wife and the wife can set the table for him :P (not trying to be sexist here, just trying to go along with the 80s thoughts). the wife should preferable looks like DS.. has the look of DS... has the name DS... #justmywish

Looking at the list of suggested occupations, I realised I don't have any guess but I'm really looking forward to see what PD-nim and writer-nim has in stored for them (and us).  

Thursday over here at this time zone but damn, still 2 full days of wait. Aigoo... can we also do a time jump here?

4 hours ago, Vannyah M said:

Husband was revealed loooong time ago. Just listen carefully. I`m writing this from sound designers and sound editors point of view ( or better point of listening). *Hint- volume up the speakers at 29 seconds listen*

i cant speak korean so i dont get it. can you explain me what it is? 

they look very good together tho, they must have been married for a long time, yet still bickering each other a lot and act like teenager :heart:

23 minutes ago, odiaz said:

i cant speak korean so i dont get it. can you explain me what it is? 

they look very good together tho, they must have been married for a long time, yet still bickering each other a lot and act like teenager :heart:

Ofc i can, not a problem. Its not the point in words or what they say but in voice. Husband stod up and went for a smoke so we cant see him anymore and then he shouted 아니라고/ not. So if you listen carefully and pay attention on voice and not on words you can hear husbands voice and it doesnt sound the same as husband  who was shown few sec ago.

5 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Wedding Jokes x 2. 

Whether you ship a couple or not, you have to appreciate the sense of absurdity these scriptwriter and director have. They like to play inside jokes that probably aren’t meant to be seen until after the show and we know the final outcome of the husband-hunt. 

For instance, did you know that two weddings already occurred in the show? lol.

Remember how, in Episode 2, DS teases TK to drink his milk so he can grow up quickly and marry her? Well, DS’ wish actually comes true and the wedding happens before the episode ends.

Like this: 

After finishing a serious conversation with his future father-in-law (troll!), TK enters his quiet house and his gang surprised him with his birthday party aka THE wedding party.  

Presenting the groom, the bride, and the best men --

reply%201988%20episode%202%20birthday%20

He supplies the drinks for the wedding (yes, the groom always pays for the bar at the reception). TK gets liquor from his tournaments, apparently. 

reply%201988%20wedding%207_zpsnwqjl78r.j

JH is the photographer. All weddings must have a photographer. Look at the angle of his camera. His camera was focused on DS. Not TK so TK had to side-angle to face him. The resulting pic would have shown a couple shot, TK and DS, just like a wedding photo. 
reply%201988%20wedding%201_zpsdxkmwciu.j

JH also tells him to change his clothes because he looks like an “old man” in them, meaning, TK has grown old enough to marry DS in reference to the DS joke about drinking milk to grow up.

reply%201988%20wedding_zpsqe7isjnd.jpg

SW turns up the volume of the TV because what wedding is without blaring trumpets and loud organ music? 
DR is the crazy emcee ordering people around. 
Last but not the least, the DS grabs his hand and with joined hands, they cut the wedding cake (aka the birthday cake).  

reply%201988%20wedding%203_zpssqc5rtb5.j

The joke would have been fne if it ended here. But this is the part I like best.  JH kicks him for no good reason. Hahaha. Seriously, if I were JH, I'd do more than kick him for stealing the girl. Probably pummel him to pieces? 

reply%201988%20wedding%204_zpsjtimcwrv.j

However, this joke isn’t complete. This is only half of it. This was the Western wedding. The KOREAN WEDDING occurred in Episode 12 -- lol – during the lessons on cursing. 

Again, parody is strong with this scriptwriter/director duo.

Typically in weddings, the groom says the vow first and the bride repeats the same words. In this case, however, the teacher DS says with the curse words first, then the student TK repeats after her. They both have their solemn faces on, and if you ignore the fact that they are spouting @#$!@#%, it appears as if they’re reciting the wedding promise. 
reply%201988%20wedding%205_zpscxvgww3h.j

A picture says a thousand words. 
answer12-00195.jpg

credit: dramabeans

The blanket covering the legs of JH, DR, and SW alludes to the paebaek ceremony. The parents sit in front of a low table with food. The couple sit on opposite sides of the table (in this case, a BADUK table, lol, nice detail, there) and an apron is spread between the bride and groom. Their parents will throw dates and chestnuts to the couple which they’ll try to catch with the apron. The number of dates and chestnuts caught will equal the number of future children. 

Oct2%2B069.jpg

Now, as I said, these are meta-jokes intended for TK-DS. I do notice that the scriptwriter sometimes do parallel stories, for instance, there’s a jwi scene for JH then there’ll be a jwi scene for TK, a chasing scene for JH, then a chasing for TK. Although the scenes aren’t exactly alike, each one advances an insight into couple interaction.  

I’m hoping that they’ll do a parallel wedding joke for JH, too. But who knows? Probably the reason they don't have these inside jokes for JH-DS is that their real wedding is not a joke. lol. 

@sheza Thanks for suggesting the affinity between JH’s father and DS. Yes, I’ll look into that and post my thoughts on it soon.  

@shooastrid no bad u..  but I guess, you knew that already. :D

Hahahahahaha! @packmule3  indeed you always exceed  our expectations ...your well trained eyes and analysis is consistently impressive, it's quite difficult to challenge your strong arguments...^_____^

17 minutes ago, phadungpon said:

Good morning guys

This is ost.song part.7 "Every day with you" Cover by CNBLUE hope you guys have a nice day and happy Thursday

Keeo calm and waiting for tomorrow guys HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

Edit: why i insert this clip but it's not show preview 

Oh, I didn't know CNBLUE covering this song and has performed this at last year end. I like the original song.

Please performed this next month when I watch u guys at the concert!

btw, you can try pressing enter after the link to show up the preview. It works for me. 

Oh, and I just realised Sushi Town posted a photo yesterday on IG. Last year Dec, Bora, Sunwoo, Jung Hwan and Jung Bong went there to eat. I guess it's after filming. Only have autographs of Bora and Sunwoo (can't these two date in real life?!). 

I really miss seeing BTS of the whole group.

1 hour ago, Vannyah M said:

Ofc i can, not a problem. Its not the point in words or what they say but in voice. Husband stod up and went for a smoke so we cant see him anymore and then he shouted 아니라고/ not. So if you listen carefully and pay attention on voice and not on words you can hear husbands voice and it doesnt sound the same as husband  who was shown few sec ago.

Who's the husband then?

Archived