Quantcast
czakhareina

[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

24 minutes ago, thekdramafeels said:

Episode 17 preview

I am confused with Taek's answer... Or is it just because of the translation?
Jung Hwan's question was answerable by yes or no. But Taek's answer was he did not see it. (See what?)
If I were Jung Hwan, I would think and believe that Taek really did see the picture because he was already denying that he saw something.

I think JH said "Did you open my wallet & saw what's inside?" and TK answered with "no, I didn't see it" but there's possibility that could be random cut from any conversations :D

• Like 3

@sartikam I rewatched EP7 as well...and I found that what it illustrated was exactly what DS narrated at the end... 

They have reached an age where secret santa no longer interested them. She was JH's secret santa, but she had zero interest in being nice to him that week, or get him anything at all.
She didn't even seem to have thanked him for the gift. Poor guy...

SMFJA0.jpg

All she cared about was confirming that Taek is HER secret santa, and she is so over the moon with that. When she got the gloves in the morning, she was soooo excited, and all she did was ask No eul if Taek brought it over, and IF HE WAS STILL THERE. She couldn't wait to see him again, despite only just seeing him a few hours ago last night when he promised to get her gloves... 

That's my take on that scene... Sorry if I upset anyone with this... but try watching it again and take note of how she seemed to look puzzled at her reflection later when she posed with the gloves - while it could mean that she wondered why JH gave it to her ( she was not that shy to not ask him directly though ) it could also be her wondering why she didn't feel that thrill when its not gloves from Taek? Just wondering here... 

• Like 14

Is there any Girls Day fan here? Need to ask whether Hyeri is born to be that skinny.

I find myself miserable looking at how much food I ate for the last christmas and new year celebration.

However, I noticed she ate much in some scenes, even on V app broadcast she had ramyun for dinner and ate very very casually. Some fans even told that they found her face losing some weight. JUST. HOW. :tears: 

• Like 5

@thekdramafeels

Somehow I think the PD is still trolling us. It may not be the same scene but just spliced together? 

If Taek does deny seeing the photo, will JH step forward? I can only see a confession at the very last minute before they go their seperate ways and the OTP (whether it is DS/JH or DS/Taek will take the time to sort out their relationship)

My prediction of the husband at the end is 

Spoiler

JH. 

I am truly conflicted as I love both JH and Taek and will also be heartbroken if the choice is made.

• Like 9

There's a spoiler floating around the internet. BE WARE OF SPOILER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW! I put it under tag.

Spoiler

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.hu/2016/01/tv-spoiler-possible-reply-1988-spoiler.html

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CXfyHPbUEAAnTEz.mp4 ->>> this one is more like fan made.

If this is the case... there's no irony regarding the career choice, no?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

There's a spoiler floating around the internet. BE WARE OF SPOILER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW! I put it under tag.

Reveal hidden contents

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.hu/2016/01/tv-spoiler-possible-reply-1988-spoiler.html

If this is the case... there's no irony regarding the career choice, no?

I am not surprised. Regardless of the outcome, I still plan to enjoy the next 4 episodes. ^^ 

So.. can someone help me to elaborate what does it mean 'Pushover'? Ja Hyun said Taek is like a pushover.. in which I have no idea what she means...

15 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

So.. can someone help me to elaborate what does it mean 'Pushover'? Ja Hyun said Taek is like a pushover.. in which I have no idea what she means...

It basically means someone who was "easy'.

• Like 1

I just realised Reply 1994 had a full cameo ... I am wondering if we will be lucky enough to get full cameo from both Reply.  Almost like an impossible dream seeing how busy these celebs are.  

I hope to see more of DS' character shine through.  As it is now, I think only Bora can take on Sung Si Won!  hahaha :)  

• Like 2

Guest wizengamot
59 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

it means "easy" to be influenced :)

but Ja Hyun said "Choi Taek thinks you (meaning DS) are a push over." :D

How can I get excited over a blurry photo? Sigh. 

I do hope that is not the scene for this Friday's episode or the production crew is cutting it close to airing day!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

looks like Jung Bong to me haha

It's definitely junghwan. There are others photo from the same place Being upload at Ds-jh threads :)

Edited by pi2tni4ng
grammar
  • Like 4

I've rewatched the reply 1997 a few days ago but feels like completely different air to me. The storyline was pointed to the younger generation. The adult part was more like a side story. A necessary to complete the real life.

How I love the Reply 1988 bcoz I like to watch all different character (parents or children, The ajummas..the fathers... ). No need to know if the actor\actress are well known or not, just watch them n u will know. Heh heh, a few of my friends also love the series after i encourage them to watch it! 

• Like 15

11 hours ago, st4rdust said:

@sartikam I rewatched EP7 as well...and I found that what it illustrated was exactly what DS narrated at the end... 

They have reached an age where secret santa no longer interested them. She was JH's secret santa, but she had zero interest in being nice to him that week, or get him anything at all.
She didn't even seem to have thanked him for the gift. Poor guy...

All she cared about was confirming that Taek is HER secret santa, and she is so over the moon with that. When she got the gloves in the morning, she was soooo excited, and all she did was ask No eul if Taek brought it over, and IF HE WAS STILL THERE. She couldn't wait to see him again, despite only just seeing him a few hours ago last night when he promised to get her gloves... 

That's my take on that scene... Sorry if I upset anyone with this... but try watching it again and take note of how she seemed to look puzzled at her reflection later when she posed with the gloves - while it could mean that she wondered why JH gave it to her ( she was not that shy to not ask him directly though ) it could also be her wondering why she didn't feel that thrill when its not gloves from Taek? Just wondering here... 

I am on the good ship Taekie

Why?

Because I want to be.

I can offer evidence from the show why Taek is the husband, but I know I am watching with a great deal of BIAS CONFIRMATION, and so anything I see that doesn't support what I want makes less of an impact.

By focusing on the good ship Taekie I might well be losing out of the deep sociological statement the drama is making about Korea in 1988 and how it is reflected in 2015. But it my time I can use it as trivally as I want.

So here is my faux bias confirmtion evidence to keep the good ship Taekie afloat today.

[Someone might have made this point previously, but] whenever the playing field is level and DS has a choice between JH and Taek, she chooses Taek. I noticed when she went back to school after Christmas she chose Taek's mitten over JH's gloves. 

UPDATE: I thought I shipped Taek+DS, but I went to the shipper's page and Wooooo . . . . . 

• Like 8

I moved on from the husband hunt...at this rate, we will know who the husband is by closing credits:P

It doesn't matter anyway what I say, feel, analyze, or think I see on who the husband is or should be. That is for the writer and producer to decide. 

For a drama that airs 1.5-1.75 hour an episode, episode 16 would have been ep 24-28 already with no clear cut answers to major questions. Like if DS will get to college and what does she want to take? Will the Sung family move? What will happen to the neighborhood if one family moves away? What path does each kid want to take? They can't stay in the same bubble forever. 

I will enjoy whatever outcome happens since we were all hooked on how the story is being told and appreciate how good the production staff is for keeping ALL of us in a frenzy like always. 

• Like 8