[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

@blue_angel_1004 Agree!! The interview was when the drama just started airing, RJY must have already filmed around 4-6 episodes. and remembering all the scenes with DS he knew the loveline.... but I meant they are not sure of the endgame yet. About the special training, Junyeol said the filming process similar with R1994, so some of the characters must've through that special training. Rather than "lie" may be I'll use the actors "hide" the some information to keep the secrecy. hahaha..

EDIT : Thanks for the lyric, I was too focused to their lovey dovey playful scene, didn't notice single thing about the lyric, such a cheerie melodies for a sad song~~~ hehehe... surely the lyric is sad.

fiyuuuh 3days to go to epi 11. 3hours to go to Hyeri's Vapp. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest trucsii213
1 hour ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

The subbers are doing a great disservice to this drama by not subbing the lyrics to the songs being played in the background. It is known that Shin PD chooses and handpicks the songs to be played in the background himself, and whereas he may troll with other things, he hasn't trolled with the song choices in his past dramas. For instance, many people kept saying that they didn't understand what Trash's character was thinking in AM1994. But if you listened to the song lyrics, there were instances where his "thoughts" were revealed through background songs. In fact, there were some criticisms with people saying, "Why do we have to understand the main lead's thoughts through a song... Show it with your writing!"

In AM1988, many Korean Taek/DS shippers felt bittersweet about the oceanside scene of Taek and DS because even as they were being playful and cute, the lyrics to the song being played was actually very bittersweet.

The song being played in the background is Lee Jung Seok's "Summer Day Memory." Shin PD even edited the song and mixed up the lyrics to the original song to play the most bittersweet part of the song. And the part of the song that was played, the lyrics go like this:

A season has passed at the lonely seaside

Memories of the bygone summer day

At the ocean seaside where no one comes

I now sit lonely alone and sing this love song

Our short summer is gone

My love is also gone

And your reflection has also disappeared into the waves

Even when I shout out your name, there is no response

And has now become a memory

My summer day will never return again

I can't find the mp3 of the song :'( who can help me? really love the song >..<

ugh i keep going on all three threads because I am so TORN,

THIS WRITER/DIRECTOR DID IT AGAIN ( not as bad, nothing really can surpass the loneliness and lack of  reason for CB)

I really can see relationships going both ways, which to be honest needs to stop in the next ep or two. There has been cute scenes between both couples but there needs to be that cementing scene that you go with SW and Bora's flashback where the music and everything just really tugged your heart in and honestly i havent gotten to full tug from TK or JH or DS...

sigh im just going to hold onto SW and bora to keep afloat this wave coming in T.T

sidenote: if there is going the be more answer me installments, I do hope the writer gets a bit more adventurous and moves away from first love because as innocent and beautiful it is...its not realistic...and not really as complicated and mature as you love after you fall.

7 minutes ago, snowy21 said:

Wow now I know why you like this PD, indeed he is putting a lot of effort and time into this drama making it perfect! To think he has to arrange the wonderful songs and music, also to direct whole team of R1988. This is not easy at all. Hence, I would like to clap for him!

Why do I feel so sad when I read the lyrics that you posted :( Taekie ah!! 힘내!!

Keke, yeah~~ I know there are various ships here, but I'm first and foremost, Shin PD's fan. There's something sexy about this man's intelligence and meticulousness. I also think he's not bad looking either. :wub: (Oops, sorry in fangirling mode again.)

So now I just have to ask this again because I don't think anyone answered me before when I asked this back a long time ago....

Why do you think DS/JH's theme song is A Little Girl cover by Oh Hyuk? Because whenever they have scenes together, this song starts playing whenenver some big revelation happens between the two of them...

The lyrics I've seen of the song is mainly about 'don't leave me alone' to a girl he likes and saying that he'll always be by her side.

42 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Nah. The kids are only 18 and from this age till 45, nothing can stop them from becoming famous. Just because one is living a mundane life in early 20s shouldn't mean he/she will forever live like this. So many examples of entrepreneurs making a name for themselves at mid-career change. So for those out there feeling their lives suck, don't lose hope! (Just don't rely on luck. Too unrealiable. Try working towards a goal :))

Anyway, I find it very amusing that after the BTS released, there were a numbers of posts on DC showing the flexibility of Hyeri and Junyeol :P

Reveal hidden contents

split%20legs%20-%20JH.jpg

split%20legs%20-%20DS.jpg

Yes !! I agree with you

In previous post i said Maybe adult DS are becoming an Air Hostess because she is so beautiful and younger DS said she skill of language is so good

And today i can't imagine what JH is becoming in adult Maybe i think JH is becoming an Actor/Singer Wowww!! i can't imagine but his skill of dancing is so well  LOL and i think he has a charismatic too

@blue_angel_1004 I totally agree with the song lyrics part.

When I can't wait to watch with eng subs I hop over to watch the chinese sub first and boy are they efficient! The episodes come subbed with lyrics translation as well. They even put in explanation for certain scenarios that are foreign to us, e.g. why JB went to the temple etc. Very detailed.

16 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

ugh i keep going on all three threads because I am so TORN,

THIS WRITER/DIRECTOR DID IT AGAIN ( not as bad, nothing really can surpass the loneliness and lack of  reason for CB)

I really can see relationships going both ways, which to be honest needs to stop in the next ep or two. There has been cute scenes between both couples but there needs to be that cementing scene that you go with SW and Bora's flashback where the music and everything just really tugged your heart in and honestly i havent gotten to full tug from TK or JH or DS...

sigh im just going to hold onto SW and bora to keep afloat this wave coming in T.T

sidenote: if there is going the be more answer me installments, I do hope the writer gets a bit more adventurous and moves away from first love because as innocent and beautiful it is...its not realistic...and not really as complicated and mature as you love after you fall.

look like SWBR ship will sink if she go to Havard theory is true.....b4 that pls give us abundance of cute scene from these two can??..huhuhuhuhu...and a very nice talk from Bora to Deoksun and heart warming scene of Bora and her mom....

@DragoonKain3 They did foreshadow Sunwoo Mum and Taek Dad relationship. In ep2 flashback about Taek, Adult Deoksun/Narrator did mention that 'We do not know why this father and son choose this block in particular'.I cannot understand Korean but I also read a post from tieba that mention the way Taek's Dad talk with/the language used talking towards Sunwoo's Mum is slightly different(?). 

45 minutes ago, juniper_ said:

So now I just have to ask this again because I don't think anyone answered me before when I asked this back a long time ago....

Why do you think DS/JH's theme song is A Little Girl cover by Oh Hyuk? Because whenever they have scenes together, this song starts playing whenenver some big revelation happens between the two of them...

The lyrics I've seen of the song is mainly about 'don't leave me alone' to a girl he likes and saying that he'll always be by her side.

Hmm, "little girl" is not a very accurate translation of the song title. The title "소녀" just means a girl (kind of like "not a girl, not yet a woman", as opposed to implying just the female gender though - I hope I make sense), which is what DS is.

From what I recall, the song has been used in scenes between DS/JH and SW/BR. The song expresses young love, where the guy experiencing love tells the girl not to leave him and that he also will always be by her side too. It's just a pure love song~~ ^^ The song translation doesn't really convey it, but the original Korean lyrics is really poetic and pretty (the composer/lyricist Lee Young Hoon who wrote this song is famous for having very poetic lyrics in his songs, and he wrote many of Lee Moon Se's songs), which is why I think this particular song was chosen as the theme song for the two couples. The translation is accurate, but during the translation, it lost that poetic feel of the original~~

37 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

THIS. I couldn't agree more with you. If the endgame this time is JH-DS (which I don't have the slightest problem with kekeke), then it means they've been doing the same thing 3 times. For the next installment it would be nice if they move away from the bickering childhood friends- turned- couples storyline or get rid of the entire husband hunt thing because while i'm sure they can redo it really well again and again, realistically not all first- loves/ puppy love end in marriage, right? 

In addition to that, i'd also like if they change the typical contender to someone who is neither a genius/ famous/ specialized in something. having watched both 1997 and 1994, their storylines somehow give the message that if you are famous/ genius then you'll get to keep your awesome career + get someone else to compensate but too bad you'll never get the main girl. This is why I have no problem if the plot twist is that DS ends up with someone else other than JH. One thing is that I hope they bring to the next installment (if there will be any) is just the Sung parents. 

1 hour ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

The subbers are doing a great disservice to this drama by not subbing the lyrics to the songs being played in the background. It is known that Shin PD chooses and handpicks the songs to be played in the background himself, and whereas he may troll with other things, he hasn't trolled with the song choices in his past dramas. For instance, many people kept saying that they didn't understand what Trash's character was thinking in AM1994. But if you listened to the song lyrics, there were instances where his "thoughts" were revealed through background songs. In fact, there were some criticisms with people saying, "Why do we have to understand the main lead's thoughts through a song... Show it with your writing!"

In AM1988, many Korean Taek/DS shippers felt bittersweet about the oceanside scene of Taek and DS because even as they were being playful and cute, the lyrics to the song being played was actually very bittersweet.

The song being played in the background is Lee Jung Seok's "Summer Day Memory." Shin PD even edited the song and mixed up the lyrics to the original song to play the most bittersweet part of the song. And the part of the song that was played, the lyrics go like this:

A season has passed at the lonely seaside

Memories of the bygone summer day

At the ocean seaside where no one comes

I now sit lonely alone and sing this love song

Our short summer is gone

My love is also gone

And your reflection has also disappeared into the waves

Even when I shout out your name, there is no response

And has now become a memory

My summer day will never return again

Guys, just WHAT IF the song is for DS to TK??

Forgive me for my delusional imagination.. But  i feel that TK will know that JH like DS and DS have something for JH since she found out that JH like her..(Taek look so bothered in prev. ep 11)

For some reason, i think TK will distant himself, evolve himself  , and maybe later on DS will found out from boys that Taek like him but she 's quite busy with JH crush thing..then she will have this big realization, but quite too late.. TK start to date other girls.. then..then..then..- she will remember the beach scene with Taek.."A Summer Day Memory"

But  then...

At the end of the road, they will reunited...then continue the real deal..hahahaahh!

This is solely just part of my imagination...#TaekSun ^^

After watching Ep.9 with subs, I have a question : 1. Why they sent protesters to rural area? Is there any specific reasons? 

Oh, also I  notice why BR finally accept SW : she was betrayed once again by that guy! (bypassing taxi scene) Poor her :tears: 

I found this "Ryu Jun Yeol makeup challenge" video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuJd1Ifzxmo

Seriously, Ryu Jun Yeol isn't only famous between women but also men. Even in instagram, if search hashtag ryujunyeol you will find a lot of men copied Junghwan hair style especially for whose narrow eyes ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ :D and also a lot of girls took a photo with ryujunyeol stand commercial or edited their face into the romantic "Bus scene" :D

39 minutes ago, dinhie said:

After watching Ep.9 with subs, I have a question : 1. Why they sent protesters to rural area? Is there any specific reasons? 

Oh, also I  notice why BR finally accept SW : she was betrayed once again by that guy! (bypassing taxi scene) Poor her :tears: 

It's not that they sent them to rural area. The police gathered the protesters and dropped them off at various different locations (to prevent them from congregating and holding another protest demonstration right away). It's a way to break up the protest efficiently. 

BR was dropped off particularly far away because when the officer first told her to get off/drop her off, she answered with an attitude. So to give her a harder time, she was driven around even further and then dropped off as one of the last protesters to be dropped off. 

Btw, I know that JB's temple scene may have looked random, but it was a pretty hilarious scene for the Korean audience. The incidence of Chun Doo Hwan staying at a temple as "repentance/reflection" is very famous.  (Btw, that was one other reason for student protest. As opposed to repent and reflect, they argued that he should be tried in court for his crimes. That didn't happen until the 90s when he received the death sentence, but he was pardoned by then president). As soon as Korean audience saw the bald head, everyone pretty much knew that they were implying JB ran into Chun Doo Hwan. It was kind of a Forest Gump-like moment in the drama. 

Edit: Oops correction. Chun Doo Hwan hadn't received the death sentence, but life imprisonment~~ 

4 minutes ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

It's not that they sent them to rural area. The police gathered the protesters and dropped them off at various different locations (to prevent them from congregating and holding another protest demonstration right away). It's a way to break up the protest efficiently. 

BR was dropped off particularly far away because when the officer first told her to get off/drop her off, she answered with an attitude. So to give her a harder time, she was driven around even further and then dropped off as one of the last protesters to be dropped off. 

Btw, I know that JB's temple scene may have looked random, but it was a pretty hilarious scene for the Korean audience. The incidence of Chun Doo Hwan staying at a temple as "repentance/reflection" is very famous.  (Btw, that was one other reason for student protest. As opposed to repent and reflect, they argued that he should be tried in court for his crimes. That didn't happen until the 90s when he received the death sentence, but he was pardoned by the president). As soon as Korean audience saw the bald head, everyone pretty much knew that they were implying JB ran into Chun Doo Hwan. It was kind of a Forest Gump-like moment in the drama. 

Aah.. I see. Thanks for replying! ^^ . I guess in R94 there was also Chun Doo Hwan scene? 

26 minutes ago, luffypyon said:

I found this "Ryu Jun Yeol makeup challenge" video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuJd1Ifzxmo

Seriously, Ryu Jun Yeol isn't only famous between women but also men. Even in instagram, if search hashtag ryujunyeol you will find a lot of men copied Junghwan hair style especially for whose narrow eyes ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ :D and also a lot of girls took a photo with ryujunyeol stand commercial or edited their face into the romantic "Bus scene" :D

Wow, Ryu Jun Yeol is so famous now even there is a video make up challenge :D

21 minutes ago, dinhie said:

Aah.. I see. Thanks for replying! ^^ . I guess in R94 there was also Chun Doo Hwan scene? 

I was at first puzzled what you were referring to and then I remembered. Go Ara took a picture of a man in a car thinking it was her beloved Lee Sangmin oppa, but when the photo was developed, it was Chun Doo Hwan. Must be a running joke in the series. :D

Archived